PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Your prediction for first drone strike on American soil ?

J_White
03-04-2013, 10:38 PM
When do you think will be the first use of a deadly drone strike on American soil and what would be the possible circumstances leading to it, of course for the "greater good".
In my opinion it is very very likely to occur in the remaining period of Obama's term - or at least some use of drones in some high profile cases.
I think it would first be an innocuous or even a positive use - say for searching missing children or something like that.
Then probably to track down a threat, like Dorner. In fact I am still quite surprised they didnt use drones on him.
And then when people are softened about "drones being man's best friends", finally there would be a lethal use on some target - maybe on some anti-govt type crazy :eek: !?
If not within Obama's this term, certainly within the first term of the next President, who will most likely be a Republican - in that case it would be easy for the "anti-war" left to renew its attacks on the right against such an abhorrent use, which of course a Democrat President would not have done ! :rolleyes:

So what are your thoughts ?

Origanalist
03-04-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm betting it will definetely be under O's orders. Obama loves him some drones.

ghengis86
03-04-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm betting it will definetely be under O's orders. Obama loves him some drones.

And people love Barry no matter what he does. It's a perfect setup; criticism will be silenced, you racist, America hating home-grown terrorist!

TheTexan
03-04-2013, 10:59 PM
And people love Barry no matter what he does.

"He's a smart guy capable of making good decisions, and if he believes we need to use drones on American soil, we should trust him. He's our President, we need to stand by him."

- my mother, who was against Bush's wars btw

Origanalist
03-04-2013, 11:03 PM
"He's a smart guy capable of making good decisions, and if he believes we need to use drones on American soil, we should trust him. He's our President, we need to stand by him."

That right there is some scary shit.

green73
03-04-2013, 11:07 PM
There will be an FBI plot...

Origanalist
03-04-2013, 11:11 PM

And some gullible patsy.

KCIndy
03-04-2013, 11:19 PM
When do you think will be the first use of a deadly drone strike on American soil and what would be the possible circumstances leading to it, of course for the "greater good".

Drone *strike* you say?

Well, since drones are already being used over U.S. skies for surveillance purposes, and the courts have already allowed their use by law enforcement to perform general surveillance on "suspects" then yes, the next logical progression will be a deadly drone strike. Of course it will be promoted as being for the greater good.

My guess? The southwestern U.S. More than likely, the targets will either be drug runners or "terrorists" trying to cross the border.

KingRobbStark
03-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Drones are a must if we want to remain safe. The terrorists are everywhere, and I propose that they should make the drone small enough so that it can check under our beds.

J_White
03-04-2013, 11:48 PM
:eek:

J_White
03-04-2013, 11:53 PM

And some gullible patsy.

yep, those two things will be there too !

Drone *strike* you say?

Well, since drones are already being used over U.S. skies for surveillance purposes, and the courts have already allowed their use by law enforcement to perform general surveillance on "suspects" then yes, the next logical progression will be a deadly drone strike. Of course it will be promoted as being for the greater good.

My guess? The southwestern U.S. More than likely, the targets will either be drug runners or "terrorists" trying to cross the border.

hmm, killing outsiders first would be a good policy too.

Drones are a must if we want to remain safe. The terrorists are everywhere, and I propose that they should make the drone small enough so that it can check under our beds.

sure, smaller drones are being developed by our bright scientists in top Universities, funded by private companies. they have wonderful swarm-like and co-operative functions.

Anti Federalist
03-04-2013, 11:59 PM

You're pulling my leg, right...right???

DGambler
03-05-2013, 12:12 AM

That is the most terrifying statement that I have ever seen.

kcchiefs6465
03-05-2013, 12:22 AM

:eek:
I've heard it myself. This [that] time from democrats next time from republicans. No one ever stops to question it all. [any of it, really] Conditioned to these conditions and not a fuck else was given. Circuses... I know them well.

Anti Federalist
03-05-2013, 12:24 AM
That is the most terrifying statement that I have ever seen.

Now, repeat it about 120 million times.

And then, have another 120 million repeat it when their team is in power.

And understand the world of shit we are in.

Philhelm
03-05-2013, 12:28 AM
It won't be Obama to order the first drone strike on American soil. My prediction is that it will occur under a Republican president. Like the DHS, George Bush tossed the ball to Obama who knocked it out of the park. I think the same will apply here.

Philhelm
03-05-2013, 12:29 AM

Hissssssssssssssss!!!

Tod
03-05-2013, 12:35 AM

That sounds like my county sheriff, except that instead of just O, it could be anyone in the federal gov't, with the ultimate say so being the S.C.

J_White
03-05-2013, 12:35 AM
It won't be Obama to order the first drone strike on American soil. My prediction is that it will occur under a Republican president. Like the DHS, George Bush tossed the ball to Obama who knocked it out of the park. I think the same will apply here.
that was my initial thought too - it would give the anti war left another opportunity to show how sincere they are ( in criticizing the other party ),
but then someone suggested, why not do it now since whatever Obama does will not register any protest, except from some free thinking liberty believing crazy people !

Philhelm
03-05-2013, 12:44 AM
that was my initial thought too - it would give the anti war left another opportunity to show how sincere they are ( in criticizing the other party ),
but then someone suggested, why not do it now since whatever Obama does will not register any protest, except from some free thinking liberty believing crazy people !

To get the "Constitutionalist" Republicans in line, perhaps? I'm sure they'll start off with Muslims.

TomtheTinker
03-05-2013, 12:54 AM

I almost neg reped you just because.

TheTexan
03-05-2013, 01:15 AM
You're pulling my leg, right...right???

I wish I was.

Philhelm
03-05-2013, 01:17 AM
I wish I was.

I guess the apple does fall far from the tree. Or perhaps it doesn't, and you work for the DHS...

DamianTV
03-05-2013, 01:42 AM
I almost neg tropes you just because.

Good thing you didnt because his statement came from his mother, and I doubt he believes it. Notice the "Quotes" around the statement. Quote tags alleviate Forum Confusion.

---

Poll Options are Invalid: Drone Strikes on American Citizens have already happened, and have been happening for years.

Somebody flies the Drones, they arent just automagical spacely sprocket death machines, they have a Pilot. You people (yes, I said it) continue to think that "Drones" means a remote mechanical device that can kill people. Well allow me to offer my definition of the word.

DRONE = COP

Origanalist
03-05-2013, 08:11 AM
I've heard it myself. This [that] time from democrats next time from republicans. No one ever stops to question it all. [any of it, really] Conditioned to these conditions and not a fuck else was given. Circuses... I know them well.

That is a great description of the madness.

Origanalist
03-05-2013, 08:13 AM
I guess the apple does fall far from the tree. Or perhaps it doesn't, and you work for the DHS...

Get a rope....(joking, just joking.....)

vita3
03-05-2013, 08:21 AM
It's Time again to start watching & spreading the movie V for Vendetta

nano1895
03-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Actually, I say never, at least until past 2020. Here's why, remember the Obama administration was preparing to sign last minute checks/limitations on drone strikes on election night or around that time? They were prepared to limit the chance of a Republican administration from using drone strikes as "liberally" (HAH!) as Obama had been.

So come 2016, seeing that Rand is prepping himself for a run and he's a much bigger threat than Romney will be, I think Obama will be hesitant to set a precedent for a potential Republican president to use (I don't know why they're both on the same team as we all know). Of course, Hillary is also being set up to run as President, and the polls say she's got big start, but as we all know, early polls mean shit (Ron Paul - Iowa 2012 caucus).

So, Rand Paul runs, Obama won't use a drone strike to set a precedent on American soil, Rand Paul WINS, and that means we won't see any drone strikes until...after 2024!

There's your morning cup of optimistic joe for the day. I'm back to class now.

heavenlyboy34
03-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Actually, I say never, at least until past 2020. Here's why, remember the Obama administration was preparing to sign last minute checks/limitations on drone strikes on election night or around that time? They were prepared to limit the chance of a Republican administration from using drone strikes as "liberally" (HAH!) as Obama had been.

So come 2016, seeing that Rand is prepping himself for a run and he's a much bigger threat than Romney will be, I think Obama will be hesitant to set a precedent for a potential Republican president to use (I don't know why they're both on the same team as we all know). Of course, Hillary is also being set up to run as President, and the polls say she's got big start, but as we all know, early polls mean shit (Ron Paul - Iowa 2012 caucus).

So, Rand Paul runs, Obama won't use a drone strike to set a precedent on American soil, Rand Paul WINS, and that means we won't see any drone strikes until...after 2024!

This assumes that POTUS is in control of everything the MIC does. They get their hands dirty in all sorts of things we never hear of or don't hear of till long after the fact when nothing can be done about it. Also, there's plenty of office politics among the regime's departments-just like at your workplace.

JK/SEA
03-05-2013, 09:51 AM
are we sure there hasn't been a drone strike already?...just because Wolf Blitzer hasn't said so doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Bruno
03-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Who is surprised Chris Dorner wasn't already the first (that we know of) to be taken out?

newbitech
03-05-2013, 10:00 AM
I predict Miami

kcchiefs6465
03-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Who is surprised Chris Dorner wasn't already the first (that we know of) to be taken out?
I am. When they labeled him a domestic terrorist I figured it was a matter of time. They were using drones to look for him though, IIRC. To me, that is telling of where this is all headed.

J_White
03-05-2013, 11:10 PM

refreshing to see an optimistic view...but then i am not that hopeful !

J_White
03-05-2013, 11:11 PM

i still cannot digest that fact.
but then i think since he was a former cop shooting cops, who people kinda hate, he would have become a martyr.
it would be better to first use it on someone who can be portrayed as pure evil.
that would be more digestible for the public.

NIU Students for Liberty
03-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Although it didn't come from the sky, it has already taken place:

http://www.sstibbs.com/scott/images/waco1.jpg

J_White
03-05-2013, 11:59 PM
oh, btw..since Holder has confirmed that drone strikes can be made on American soil under "extraordinary circumstances", i am more confident that it will happen before the end of Obama's term.

J_White
03-06-2013, 12:10 AM
let me add this - what are the chances of a drone here, being somehow hacked or controlled by someone and crashed into something ?
since it seems the Iranians already managed to land a drone safely, what stops them or someone else from doing it here ?
and if such a thing happens, what stops the Govt from saying that "they" did it ?

heavenlyboy34
03-06-2013, 12:24 AM
let me add this - what are the chances of a drone here, being somehow hacked or controlled by someone and crashed into something ?
since it seems the Iranians already managed to land a drone safely, what stops them or someone else from doing it here ?
and if such a thing happens, what stops the Govt from saying that "they" did it ?
If they can be hacked remotely, I'm confident someone will figure out how to do it. Will Anonymous take on the task?

J_White
03-06-2013, 03:44 AM
If they can be hacked remotely, I'm confident someone will figure out how to do it. Will Anonymous take on the task?

Anon would have their hands full if they did.
maybe FBI can find someone who would want to do that (read patsy) ! :rolleyes:

rubioneocon
03-06-2013, 08:47 AM
drone surveillance has certainly already gone on in US airspace . . . I betcha

We need to get cities to follow Charlottesville, Virginia 's lead with local ordinances about this issue.

DamianTV
03-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Is there any difference between being shot by a cop or shot by a cop that is flying a drone remotely from 20 miles away?

Maybe the whole Push Button, Receive Bacon isn't so funny after all...

DamianTV
03-06-2013, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=DamianTV;4906421]Is there any difference between being shot by a cop or shot by a cop that is flying a drone remotely from 20 miles away?

...QUOTE]

Let me make this as clear as possible. There is NO DIFFERENCE.

With that said, it should be apparent to everyone that the Drones are absolutely no different than Cops. Next, they will claim they have the "Right" to use the drone to murder a civilian because the civilian pointed a gun at their drone and posed ZERO risk to the life of the officer. GOvt Machines will be considered to have more rights than a human life. The cops have been firing on us for years. Tazering is more common now because it is supposed to be "non lethal". Non Lethal my ass! There are more than 500 cases of Death By Tazer to back up the invalidity of "Non Lethal".

Cops will have as little problem using a Drone to Murder / Tazer you as they do standing face to face.

So when will the first American Citizen Death take place? The same day as the Cops get their hands on the hardware.

coastie
03-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Before 2014...there's a reason the guy's Senator son whom this website takes it's name from has been holding up the senate vote for a person that could do these things for exactly 10 hours, as of this post...Any guess why?

J_White
03-06-2013, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=DamianTV;4906421]Is there any difference between being shot by a cop or shot by a cop that is flying a drone remotely from 20 miles away?
...QUOTE]

Let me make this as clear as possible. There is NO DIFFERENCE.

With that said, it should be apparent to everyone that the Drones are absolutely no different than Cops. Next, they will claim they have the "Right" to use the drone to murder a civilian because the civilian pointed a gun at their drone and posed ZERO risk to the life of the officer. GOvt Machines will be considered to have more rights than a human life. The cops have been firing on us for years. Tazering is more common now because it is supposed to be "non lethal". Non Lethal my ass! There are more than 500 cases of Death By Tazer to back up the invalidity of "Non Lethal".

Cops will have as little problem using a Drone to Murder / Tazer you as they do standing face to face.

So when will the first American Citizen Death take place? The same day as the Cops get their hands on the hardware.

actually that makes sense. cops kill people everyday, what will change is just the tool they use to do that.
and well, just like Corporations seem to have more rights and privileges that the common people, so will the drones.
what a farcical democracy this is becoming.

J_White
03-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Before 2014...there's a reason the guy's Senator son whom this website takes it's name from has been holding up the senate vote for a person that could do these things for exactly 10 hours, as of this post...Any guess why?

will it be of any use though ? will it make him more lovable to the general Republican masses ?
come 2016, will anyone even remember this ?

DamianTV
03-07-2013, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnU4fby3D1w&feature=player_detailpage