PDA

View Full Version : 68,898,629 Background Checks for Guns Under Obama

green73
03-04-2013, 07:27 PM
February 2013 was the third highest month on record for background checks on Americans' purchasing firearms.

According to the FBI NICS database, there were 2,309,393 background checks completed in the month of February.

The only two months that saw a higher number of NICS checks were January 2013, with 2,495,440, and December of 2012, with 2,783,765.

The total number of background checks completed since November of 1998 (the month the FBI began tracking this information) is 165,279,535.

President Barack Obama, dubbed "The greatest gun salesman in history," has presided over 42 percent of these background checks, or a total of 68,898,629.

Also, the top ten highest days and weeks for background checks completed have occurred during Obama's presidency:

cont
http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/all-top-10-days-and-weeks-gun-purchases-have-come-under-obama

green73
03-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Bottom line. People are buying guns like a motherfucker and here are some hard numbers. Maybe I should have posted this in Nikki's uplifting news thread.

COpatriot
03-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Best gun salesman of all time is right. I was one of them.

Cleaner44
03-04-2013, 07:57 PM
At least the slumbering masses of America are awakening too some extent.

TheTexan
03-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Indeed. And they're not only rushing out to buy guns they think will be banned, but any weapon of any military utility.

That tells ya something. Tells them something too. Maybe that's why the DHS just bought a shitload of tanks, even when it is ostensibly on a "tight budget" (lol)

Anti Federalist
03-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Lines are forming...

roho76
03-04-2013, 09:06 PM
What I want to know is, how many of those are for first time firearm purchasers?

shane77m
03-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Obama just convinced me to buy a new one today.

Pericles
03-04-2013, 09:13 PM
So, the obvious question is: How quickly can we arm the rest of the population?

green73
03-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Of course, this doesn't even include the black market sales. Bwa, bwa, BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Anti Federalist
03-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Paperweights, without the will to use them...

green73
03-04-2013, 09:35 PM

O ye, of little faith

Pericles
03-04-2013, 09:36 PM

This is ultimately what concerns me about the ammo shortage. I'm OK with it, if all of this is in the hands of people who will use it. Otherwise, they are getting in the way of the the rest of us.

jclay2
03-04-2013, 09:37 PM
What I want to know is, how many of those are for first time firearm purchasers?

Check. Got my first gun last year!

COpatriot
03-04-2013, 09:44 PM

Got my first a couple years ago.

Anti Federalist
03-04-2013, 10:14 PM
O ye, of little faith

Prove me wrong countrymen, prove me wrong.

I would never be so happy to be stone cold wrong about something.

Philhelm
03-04-2013, 10:30 PM
A poem:

Guns, guns, guns!
Guns, guns, guns!
GUNS!!!

green73
03-04-2013, 10:35 PM

There will come a time when the remnant will awaken.

And then you will know, brother, there are far, far more of us than there are them!

Origanalist
03-04-2013, 10:35 PM
A poem:

Guns, guns, guns!
Guns, guns, guns!
GUNS!!!

Needs a caesura.

TheTexan
03-04-2013, 10:48 PM

I believe if they were to continue at a snail's pace, slow but steady, it could be decades before systemic inefficiency & starvation were to force an uprising.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your outlook, they seem to be picking up pace. If they overstep the lines too quickly, you'll see those paperweights put to good use...

Origanalist
03-04-2013, 10:55 PM
If they overstep the lines too quickly

Too quickly? My freaking head is spinning.

green73
03-04-2013, 11:29 PM
There will come a time when the remnant will awaken.

And then you will know, brother, there are far, far more of us than there are them!

I just want everybody to know that when I read this to myself, it was in a hilariously serious voice.

Anti Federalist
03-05-2013, 12:06 AM
I just want everybody to know that when I read this to myself, it was in a hilariously serious voice.

James Earl Jones?

Philhelm
03-05-2013, 12:32 AM
Needs a caesura.

In retrospect, I thought it needed more guns.

green73
03-05-2013, 07:55 AM

More like the narrator from Conan the Barbarian

Athan
03-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Just a question as I have "officially no opinion" on the matter, do you actually not feel uncomfortable talking about that issue online on a silly message board? Or is this some weird sick way you try to building up morale among troops?

sluggo
03-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Almost every person I know is buying guns right now.

Old, young, male, female, makes no difference.

belian78
03-05-2013, 09:23 AM
I bought a new sidearm and a new shotty last month, and plan on picking up a .22LR and another rifle for larger game this month. With what I've spent on after market upgrades, I have some expensive paperweights, let me tell ya. lol

pcosmar
03-05-2013, 09:29 AM
do you actually not feel uncomfortable talking about that issue online on a silly message board? ?

I don't think this place is silly.. More like an online Pub.

I seem to recall that the founders spent a lot of time discussing options in their local Pubs.

shane77m
03-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Just a question as I have "officially no opinion" on the matter, do you actually not feel uncomfortable talking about that issue online on a silly message board? Or is this some weird sick way you try to building up morale among troops?

I don't think this place is silly.. More like an online Pub.

I seem to recall that the founders spent a lot of time discussing options in their local Pubs.

From other forums I have been on, this discussion is tame.

From what some of the callers on local talk radio have said, I imagine the secret service is busy investigating in Bama.

belian78
03-05-2013, 11:31 AM
I'd say our members here are aware enough to realize that a bit of delicacy is needed in what you say in a public and monitored forum such as this one. We've read daily about people that speak their mind to the fullest and end up in psych wards or worse because of it.

Athan
03-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Right. The topic or forum isn't silly. I just think we should exhaust options such as trying massive numbers of citizen arrests of public officials violating their oath of office by gun owners.

Anti Federalist
03-05-2013, 01:24 PM

A - I'm pretty well aware of what "the line" is.

B - How can you have "no opinion" on what is, IMO, one of the most pressing matters facing all of us today?

C - I don't think it weird or sick, but yes, it is a way to boost morale, to "HOLD!" if you will. Steel your will for what is going to happen, or give up. That's about the choice set, as I see it.

Right. The topic or forum isn't silly. I just think we should exhaust options such as trying massive numbers of citizen arrests of public officials violating their oath of office by gun owners.

LOL - Do that, and the system will respond with "Chris Dorner" x 1000.

Let me know how that works out when you have a bunch of those new tanks and 40 SWAT raiders show up at your door and burn you out.

Athan
03-05-2013, 02:22 PM
B - How can you have "no opinion" on what is, IMO, one of the most pressing matters facing all of us today?

LOL - Do that, and the system will respond with "Chris Dorner" x 1000.
Let me know how that works out when you have a bunch of those new tanks and 40 SWAT raiders show up at your door and burn you out.

1. Online I have no opinion. I just prefere offline discussions for such talk.

2. Just curious, is there a better idea out there?

belian78
03-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Do that, and the system will respond with "Chris Dorner" x 1000.

See, I was discussing this with a vet buddy of mine the other day. Look what happened when one guy decided to go on the offensive, and he even did a crap job of it. If a sizable number of people decided they had enough and went proactive, the tanks may come but that's the day the American public at large gets their wake up call.
*To the FED Snoopers, this is a hypothetical statement:D

ItsTime
03-05-2013, 02:33 PM
So, the obvious question is: How quickly can we arm the rest of the population?

Always have enough to share with a neighbor ;)

Philhelm
03-05-2013, 06:42 PM

Any attempt at a citizen's arrest against a god-noble would result in weapons being drawn against the peaceful.

Origanalist
03-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Any attempt at a citizen's arrest against a god-noble would result in weapons being drawn against the peaceful.

Blood in the streets, in the homes.

TheTexan
03-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Blood in the streets, in the homes.

Which would make necessary and lead to the very armed response Athan thought unnecessary.

@Athan. Ultimately, there are only two ways this tyranny bubble pops. Either a bloody fight, or a peaceful secession(s).

Secession is the answer. Yes, secession may lead to a bloody fight just by its act, but at least with secession, there is a chance at peace. And if it does get bloody from a secession, the seceding nation would have the moral high ground. Secession is an act of peace.

Retaining the moral high ground is 100% critical if whatever happens next in this country's history is to have any kind of positive outcome.

ETA: And secession only has a chance at peace, only if the threat of defensive violence is strong.

Origanalist
03-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Which would make necessary and lead to the very armed response Athan thought unnecessary.

@Athan. Ultimately, there are only two ways this tyranny bubble pops. Either a bloody fight, or a peaceful secession(s).

Secession is the answer. Yes, secession may lead to a bloody fight just by its act, but at least with secession, there is a chance at peace. And if it does get bloody from a secession, the seceding nation would have the moral high ground. Secession is an act of peace.

Retaining the moral high ground is 100% critical if whatever happens next in this country's history is to have any kind of positive outcome.

ETA: And secession only has a chance at peace, only if the threat of defensive violence is strong.

Amen to that.

Anti Federalist
03-05-2013, 09:42 PM
+rep