PDA

View Full Version : Somebody please explain this to me

susano
03-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Just saw a report on John Kerry in Egypt. He was basically advising them what they need to do to become bigger and better debt slaves (not kidding).

CAIRO, March 2 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will stress the importance of Egypt reaching an IMF loan agreement and the need for political consensus on painful economic reforms, a senior U.S. official said on Saturday.

CAIRO, March 2 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will stress the importance of Egypt reaching an IMF loan agreement and the need for political consensus on painful economic reforms, a senior U.S. official said on Saturday.

[...]

With Egypt's pound and foreign currency reserves sliding, the official said that if Cairo could agree on a $4.8 billion loan from the IMF, this would bring in other funds from the United States, European Union and Arab countries.

However, the official said Kerry believed Egypt needed to increase tax revenues and reduce energy subsidies - measures that are likely to prove highly unpopular with a people struggling during the country's crisis.

[...]

Energy subsidies soak up about 20 percent of the government budget, bloating a deficit which is expected to soar to 12.3 percent of annual economic output this financial year unless the government takes urgent action on reform.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/02/egypt-kerry-idUSL6N0BU25M20130302

So they're running deficits, and to get an IMF loan they need to bring those down so they can go in debt to the banksters.

Anyway, I'm wondering what foreign currency reserves are (besides the obvious) and didn't know that countries held foreign currency reserves. I look it up, start reading and see this:

Definition: Foreign Currency Reserves (Forex Reserves). This is the amount of foreign currency reserves that are held by the Central Bank of a country.

In general use, foreign currency reserves also include gold and IMF reserves. Also, people may take into account liquid assets that can easily be converted into foreign currency.

For example, Japan has just under $1,000 trillion dollars of foreign currency reserves, mostly in the form of dollars, Euros and Gold.

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/853/currency/foreign-currency-reserves/

How in the hell can Japan (or any country) hold 1,000 trillion (measured in USD)? 1000 TRILLION?! :eek:

Anti Federalist
03-04-2013, 06:31 PM
It's just one big, mind boggling, circle jerk of debt, consumption and cheap thrills.

Enjoy the world to come, where one liquid, indistinguishable, polyglot blob of humanity all consumes its way to well defined and tightly regulated, global government approved happiness, under the watchful eyes of the worldwide surveillance grid.

Failure, the future is.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-04-2013, 06:33 PM
It isn't counterfeit just as long as those who produce it are the highest authority. As in "just as long as those who produce it are the highest authority." In other words, "if there exists a higher authority to hold them accountable by deeming their actions in contempt, which in this case is contempt against the people's Civil Purpose, then they are going to be held liable to paying it all back.
In the end, it is a natural law for parents to live within their means, just as it is a natural law for mothers to socially care for their children, and just as it is a natural law for fathers to socially fight against tyranny.

Carson
03-04-2013, 06:35 PM
I can't explain how people that don't have any money can make a loan much less a penniless entity.

As for;

How in the hell can Japan (or any country) hold 1,000 trillion (measured in USD)? 1000 TRILLION?! :eek:

Haven't a clue.

Seraphim
03-04-2013, 06:38 PM
The numerical valuation for Japan's FX holdings are measured in YEN. That's why.

susano
03-04-2013, 06:39 PM
I can't get over the 1000 trillion. If Japan has 1000 trillion in reserve currencies, alone, how much debt money is out there? All I could think when I read it is the price of my groceries.

susano
03-04-2013, 06:40 PM
The numerical valuation for Japan's FX holdings are measured in YEN. That's why.

Why does it say DOLLARS, then?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-04-2013, 06:42 PM
I can't explain how people that don't have any money can make a loan much less a penniless entity.

As for;

Haven't a clue.

The tribal tradition of the Jewish jubilee which worked to forgive all debt every seven years. Also, while they would forgive past sins in the temple by way of sacrificing animals, the "money-changing (bankering)" high-priests would also charge the rich Jews to slaughter animals for future indulgences yet to happen.
Meditate on that.
This was a form of lobbying. While the rich man would be forgiven if caught for his sin, as he was already forgiven, the woman involved in the sin would often be stoned to death.

Our government has become a huge Jewish temple. While we are supposed to be a United States of America, our federal government has reduced itself down to a Jewish temple of law givers.

KCIndy
03-04-2013, 07:26 PM
I can't get over the 1000 trillion. If Japan has 1000 trillion in reserve currencies, alone, how much debt money is out there? All I could think when I read it is the price of my groceries.

Heh. Just give it a while longer, and 1,000 trillion will actually BE the price of your groceries! :(

P3ter_Griffin
03-04-2013, 07:41 PM
My understanding is that- say when a "free-trade" pact is done- each country (their CB?) will take out reserves (I'm not sure if they are equivalent in amounts, but it would make sense for them to be) so they can pay for the goods in the native currency of the seller. So I would assume if Japan holds $1,000 Trillion in foreign reserves that $1,000 Trillion worth of Yen is held by countries other than Japan. I don't have a full grasp on it so hopefully someone can expound or correct any of my errors.

kcchiefs6465
03-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Damn AF, you're slacking.

http://i.imgur.com/A4849V5.jpg?1 (http://imgur.com/A4849V5)

Wealth.

Anti Federalist
03-04-2013, 08:27 PM
I was too busy doing a Daffy Duck imitation, swimming around in a sea of those notes.

Whoo Hooo I'm rich! I'm a happy miser, I'm socially secure...oh, wait.

Damn AF, you're slacking.

http://i.imgur.com/A4849V5.jpg?1 (http://imgur.com/A4849V5)

Wealth.

osan
03-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Just saw a report on John Kerry in Egypt. He was basically advising them what they need to do to become bigger and better debt slaves (not kidding).

And to think that there are people who actually cannot dope out why it is that so many people across the globe hate America.

Astonishing. Surreal.

DamianTV
03-04-2013, 10:18 PM
The original article proves once and for all that Kerry is Dirty Kerry.

It perpetuates the problem of the vicious cycle of debt enslavement. Egypts real solution would be to say fuck the loans and fuck their Central Bank and start printing their own money and back it with something of value. Of course, as soon as they did that, the US would either assist in destablizing the region or flat out claim WMD's and go in and invade. Every country in the Middle East that is contributing to the "Crisis" (read: Governance by Crisis) has been one that those that own our country plan to abuse our power to install a Central Bank.

Iran is on their shitlist right now because they do not have a Central Bank.

But look at everyone else. Afghanistan, check. Iraq, check. Syria, check. Shorter list, just look at a map. If they are not on our shitlist, they have a Central Bank. Canada? Central Bank. England? Central Bank. North Korea? No Central Bank and on our shitlist. U.S.S.R. - they dont play nice with our Central Bank. Neither does China. Kuwait? Central Bank. New Zealand? Central Bank. And everyone knows how big of a threat them Kiwi's are to the world. Oh wait, they're not? Oh yeah, thats because they have a Central Bank.

Those countries that are on our shitlist are demonized by our MSM and we are taught to hate them. Ooh their Muslim / Arab / Gay / Smokers / Different, and they are ALL of them terrorists! They all want to see you all die! We need a Preemptive War! Point is, if they are sitting on something you want, we do something to make them our enemy so that we can install a Central Bank that our owners control.

Off topic: why all the Facist State in the US crap? The real reason is to prevent the people from rising up and forcibly removing our Central Bank. Everything else is a facade. Smoking is bad, outlaw smoking. You need to be chipped in case some hobo tries to give you some "Suprise! Buttsecks!" or you get abducted by Aliens / Elvis Presley. Everything you do is monitored so they know who the real threats and real problems are. AF once said that this entire forum is a Thought Crime in progress. Thought Crime is no more than understanding the true nature of the world. Keep people stupid and they will attack each other by supporting more Facism and truly believe they are just being Anti Abortion or Anti ANYTHING. It is all there to keep you in line. First, throug ignorance. If you wake up, you'll be attacked by those still asleep. But ultimately, it is all to protect the existence of Central Banks.

Zippy should be along shortly to tell you that there is nothing to see here, move along mundane.

Brian4Liberty
03-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Come on now, hasn't everyone read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" yet?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lewrockwell-show/2011/02/15/187-confessions-of-an-economic-hit-man/
http://www.economichitman.com/

Here's a related thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?406313-Goldwater-On-the-Federal-Reserve