PDA

View Full Version : Video: Sean Hannity crying over no endorsement to Giuliani or Huckabee

tnvoter
11-23-2007, 01:30 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Video_Who_will_Dr_James_Dobson_Endorse_for_Preside nt

help digg if u want, Hannity's pandering was pretty sad.

Phenom24
11-23-2007, 01:59 PM
And the sad thing is, Dr. Dobson seems like he would be in total agreement with Dr. Paul's message - he said voting for the lesser of two evils is a terrible option...

Praying that he comes to the light.

Midnight77
11-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Dobson was just itching to say Ron Paul's name. They went down the list, Giuliani, Thompson, Romney. Dobson didn't like any of those names. Then, Hannity said that the one from the Second Tier that has the best chance of emerging was Mike Huckabee. Dobson responded by saying he's "one of them".

FOX likely has a ban on their guests even mentioning Ron Paul's name. Dobson seemed to be doing everything to steer the viewer in Paul's direction without mentioning him by name. It would be great if we could get an endorsement from him.

rasheedwallace
11-23-2007, 02:06 PM
And the sad thing is, Dr. Dobson seems like he would be in total agreement with Dr. Paul's message - he said voting for the lesser of two evils is a terrible option...

Praying that he comes to the light.

your hearing what you want. how does not voting for the lesser of two evils translate into him likely being in "total agreement" with paul? honestly...

oh, and yes hannity is a giant douche.

wgadget
11-23-2007, 02:08 PM
He said he's NOT going to vote for Rudy or Romney or someone shoved down our throats just to beat Hillary. Then he said that some of the lower tier candidates might be feasible...Hannity mentioned Huckabee, and Dobson said that he was "ONE" of them, implying that there are others. I heard it when it was live on the radio.

Ron LOL
11-23-2007, 02:08 PM
That was a pretty sad showing by Hannity.

I don't know much about Dobson, other than that he founded Focus on the Family. Any chance he'd endorse RP?

tnvoter
11-23-2007, 02:14 PM
The fact that he's refusing to vote for Rudy though separates him from hypocrisy at least.

But there's still a chance he may very well endorse Paul- Dobson will probably sit it out until someone's nominated (unless it's Rudy, then he'll sit out the election altogether).

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 02:18 PM
I think Dobson single hadedly destrory hannity and the top tier candidates in one comment, quite amazing

skinzterpswizfan
11-23-2007, 02:33 PM
That was fantastic. Good to see that at least one conservative is sticking to his principles. I love how he rips into Hannity for being a hypocrite.

skinzterpswizfan
11-23-2007, 02:35 PM
That video is from October 8th, though, I think.

Midnight77
11-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I remember seeing it several weeks back.

conner_condor
11-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Fox is for hillary. They want hillary to be POTUS. Look up the clues. Murdoch has fund raisers for hillary. This is all to help hillary but it back fired a bit.

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 02:42 PM
I love how hannity doesn't deny he disagree with giuliani on a lot of issues, and avoided as much as possible saying Ron Paul, even mentioning Duncan Hunter hoping that Dobson was implying Hunter. Unless Dobson is a huge Tancredo fan, I think he implied that he is at least considering Ron Paul.

tnvoter
11-23-2007, 02:44 PM
I think Dobson single hadedly destrory hannity and the top tier candidates in one comment, quite amazing

The strength that Dobson showed in his answers definitely impressed me, even after

Hannity: "B-but, we're BFF's, and Hillary, what about holding your nose to vote"

I see the same kind of principle I see from Dr. Paul when someone asks him if he'd ever endorse Giuliani.

beobeli
11-23-2007, 02:52 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Video_Who_will_Dr_James_Dobson_Endorse_for_Preside nt

help digg if u want, Hannity's pandering was pretty sad.

I agree... Dr. Dobson is an individual of high integrity and principle. I am sure that there is a great deal of respect between him and Dr. Paul.

hocaltar
11-23-2007, 03:06 PM
I agree... Dr. Dobson is an individual of high integrity and principle. I am sure that there is a great deal of respect between him and Dr. Paul.

I smell an ambush. Dr. Dobson is a smart guy. He may be waiting till the end of December to announce his candidate for maximum effect. Probably either going to give a boost to the Huckster or our man RP.

One can only hope.

Midnight77
11-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Fox is for hillary. They want hillary to be POTUS. Look up the clues. Murdoch has fund raisers for hillary. This is all to help hillary but it back fired a bit.

Almost.

FOX is for Giuliani or Hillary. They want to set the election so either way ... they win. They give Giuliani the good publicity, and they give Hillary the money.

kotetu
11-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Dr. Dobson explained his views on political endorsements here:
h ttp://www.focusonthefamily.com/docstudy/newsletters/A000000953. cfm

Two liberal groups attacked him and focus on the family and sparked a year long investigation by the IRS after Dobson (as a private citizen only) endorsed a couple of Republican candidates. Apparently the media ate up the scandal and reported it heavily, but didn't really care when the outcome was "innocent of all charges".

In sharing this news with you, it is not my intention to gloat or brag. On the contrary, we are humbled and gratified by the IRS’s findings. However, I do feel it is important that you hear the truth straight from the “horse’s mouth.” When the IRS investigation was launched, newspapers and media outlets across the country trumpeted the news that Focus was being audited. But now that the audit is complete and we have been cleared of any wrongdoing, the media has suddenly lost interest. That is to be expected, I suppose. Most people would rather read about scandal and turmoil. The truth can be boring.

Lord Xar
11-23-2007, 04:13 PM
*IF* he supports Ron, he would come out and say it. The effect we need is NOW.. We need the momentum now, we need the donations now... There is no 'maximum' effect to be had...

I don't know. I am reading a little about this man and apparently he is VERY influential, and upright. So, why not just come out and say it - I SUPPORT RON PAUL 100%!!!!

I don't understand. He doesn't have to fear any masters but God himself, so why not support the ONLY candidate worth supporting.

angelatc
11-23-2007, 04:17 PM
IN another plug for "American Conservative," there's an article about this topic. The title reads
Discounting Values Voters
By Michael Brendan Dougherty
The Christian Right sells its principles to the lowest bidder.

I don't have time to retype the entire article, but at one point the article says "Dobson is not a king maker."

idiom
11-23-2007, 04:45 PM
He mentioned Hunter but missed RP?!?!?

Dobson FTW. He basically ruled out any one other than RP.

Ron Paul is *the* christian candidate IMO.

hocaltar
11-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Almost.

FOX is for Giuliani or Hillary. They want to set the election so either way ... they win. They give Giuliani the good publicity, and they give Hillary the money.

Yeah it is win win for Fox in a Rudy vs. Hillary matchup. If Rudy wins, Rudy is their man, and he will owe them interviews and all that jazz.

If Hillary wins, Fox's ratings will go through the roof. Everyone hates Hillary, hell even a lot of Democrats can't stand her.

We live in sad times. To even think that the once GOP would even think of endorsing Rudy is just plain disturbing.

ionlyknowy
11-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Nah, a lot of these Christian Value leaders do not endorse candidates in the primary.

I think if he does endorse someone this election, it will be after someone is nominated.

And of course Hucker and RP could be the "one of them".

I am telling you, to get the Christian vote, the candidate MUST have a proven Pro-Life stance.

Period.

And if the Christian value voters get out to vote for someone in the primaries, and if it is not at least split with half of them voting for Ron Paul, then I am sad to say that we may be sunk.....

tnvoter
11-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Nah, a lot of these Christian Value leaders do not endorse candidates in the primary.

I think if he does endorse someone this election, it will be after someone is nominated.

And of course Hucker and RP could be the "one of them".

I am telling you, to get the Christian vote, the candidate MUST have a proven Pro-Life stance.

Period.

And if the Christian value voters get out to vote for someone in the primaries, and if it is not at least split with half of them voting for Ron Paul, then I am sad to say that we may be sunk.....

To the contrary the christian voters haven't been winning anyone elections - apparently they didn't make a huge dribble in the last election - and they haven't even been that vocal about Bush not doing much to help the ProLife movement.

However: they could help out quite a bit in the primaries if they got off their butts. I consider myself a christian voter, so I'm doing my part - dropping off those dvds at some churchs this week, woo woo :)

c0unterph0bia
11-23-2007, 05:46 PM
I don't know who the Christians are voting for, because I am getting a lot of mixed messages . . .

A lot of local Christians seem to support Fred Thompson for some reason. They call themselves Christians anyways. It seems like a lot of these people support Ron Paul, but don't support his anti war stance. They always remind me that Fred is a "Top Tier" Conservative Republican too, you know how it goes . . .

On the other side, my mom is very religious also. She doesn't even bother to think for herself anymore, she just reads her Bible, a book about the Bible, prays, or gets her answers from the Christian radio station. Everything she does is something that one of those four things tell her to do. She knows I'm a Ron Paul nut, and she told me that she was told on the radio that Ron Paul is good choice for Christians, but he is not the best because he doesn't want to pass national bans on abortions and gay marriage. I tried to explain to her why, but she didn't really understand how any Christian presidential candidate could ever reject the bible's teachings of a firm anti-abortion anti-gay stance. That whole "Free will" theory doesn't seem to change her mind either.

A lot of other Christians I know are voting for Obama because they think he's the Anti-Christ. They told me that the sooner the Anti-Christ comes into power, the sooner Jesus will come back, and the sooner they will go to heaven. I honestly think this sounds like a horrible reason to vote for someone, but I suppose if I was religious I would have a similar thinking pattern.

My uncle isn't a Christian, but he's voting for Obama because appearantly he's one of the few candidates who is not a Reptillian. He's pretty much convinced my entire family to vote for Obama for other reasons. I always try to bring up all these good points about how Ron Paul is trying to protect our freedoms and end the war, but my whole family hates guns and my mother supports the war against the "Islamic Extremists" saying if they come over here we should go over there, etc. She said she had nothing against going to war with Iran because of terrorism, etc.

I'm at a total loss with my family as far as politics are concerned. My family is terrified that my brother and I have so many guns in our houses. They don't understand how we could ever be safe without military bases in every other country. They mostly support expanding the war, and banning gay marriage and abortions. Despite the fact that I have turned hundreds of people into Ron Paul voters, I will never be able to change my family.

Who are the Christians voting for? So far most of them have told me:

1.) Obama
2.) Fred Thompson
3.) Ron Paul

I honestly will never understand how a Christian could vote for either Fred Thompson or Obama, but it's strange how many of them support those two in these parts.

Midnight77
11-23-2007, 05:56 PM
^^^ A sad story indeed. Sounds like your parents are brainwashed by FOX News. If only they would open their eyes.

Adamsa
11-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Dobson would endorce Paul if he got the nomination (because he is commited to state's rights), but other than that, there are other candidates who suit him better, like Huckabee and maybe Thompson.

angrydragon
11-23-2007, 06:30 PM
c0unterph0bia...

Ask them if they are so "pro-life," why do they advocate killing of people in war?

SeanEdwards
11-23-2007, 06:38 PM

I think their fondest hope is to have a Hillary vs. Ghouliani general election. That way they stay in control no matter which side "wins".

fedup100
11-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I am afraid Lou Dobbs is going to be the spoiler.

Midnight77
11-23-2007, 06:47 PM
I think their fondest hope is to have a Hillary vs. Ghouliani general election. That way they stay in control no matter which side "wins".

Yep. FOX wants it between Hillary or Guiliani. Which is why even though they trash Clinton on their network, notice how she is the only Democratic candidate they mention (while donating to her campaign behind everyone's backs). 95% of their time is talking about her. They are setting the agenda on the Democratic side, as well, and Dems are being played for fools. FOX wants you to think the election is between only Giuliani and Clinton.

Needless to say, Ron Paul does not fit in this equation whatsoever, hence they refuse to discuss him.

rpfreedom08
11-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Dobson would endorce Paul if he got the nomination (because he is commited to state's rights), but other than that, there are other candidates who suit him better, like Huckabee and maybe Thompson.

Are you kidding me? Ron Paul is the only candidate that would completely overturn the row v. wade rulling and give it to the states to deside. This is a huge step in the right direction that no one else would dare do or even begin thinking about. Huck is a joke and Dobson should know this. Dobson reprisents true christians, not the ones we all love to hate.

Adamsa
11-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Are you kidding me? Ron Paul is the only candidate that would completely overturn the row v. wade rulling and give it to the states to deside. This is a huge step in the right direction that no one else would dare do or even begin thinking about. Huck is a joke and Dobson should know this. Dobson reprisents true christians, not the ones we all love to hate.

They don't want the drugs thing turned over to states, same with gay marriage, they want an ammendment.

literatim
11-23-2007, 07:30 PM
They don't want the drugs thing turned over to states, same with gay marriage, they want an ammendment.

That would be the legal way to go about it.

The Plan
11-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Why don't we make a conserted effort to get dobson on board. I think the only thing that he's waiting for is proof that the movement is real. His position is high enough that he might not want to risk backing somebody who he thinks will not win. We need to make clear to him that Ron Paul supporters will see him through this if he gives his endorsement.

SeanEdwards
11-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Why don't we make a conserted effort to get dobson on board. I think the only thing that he's waiting for is proof that the movement is real. His position is high enough that he might not want to risk backing somebody who he thinks will not win. We need to make clear to him that Ron Paul supporters will see him through this if he gives his endorsement.

Fuck Dobson. Paul needs a bigoted bible-thumper endorsement like he needs an endorsement from UBL.

rfbz
11-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Hannity has this way of debating where...just when it seems they're on the brink of getting to the point, he moves it off in some other area, and you're left more confused afterwards than before.

CJLauderdale4
11-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I added this thread to urge Dr. Dobson:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40722

c0unterph0bia
11-23-2007, 08:01 PM
c0unterph0bia...

Ask them if they are so "pro-life," why do they advocate killing of people in war?

They endorse killing terrorists. I've used that point against many people, but they live their life in fear and trade as many freedoms for securities as possible.

inibo
11-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Fuck Dobson. Paul needs a bigoted bible-thumper endorsement like he needs an endorsement from UBL.

You can call Dobson that if you want, true or not he is very very influential. Back in my fundy days I listened to Focus on the Family regularly. I know in the last church I belonged to 80% of the congregation will vote for whoever Dobson says vote for. I don't have any hard numbers to back it up, but my gut tells me that same thing would be true in most Bible believing churches.

Call them sheep if you want, but I'd rather have a few million sheep voting for Ron Paul instead Mike Huckabee or Duncan Hunter, or worse yet not voting at all.

RedLightning
11-23-2007, 09:00 PM
You can call Dobson that if you want, true or not he is very very influential. Back in my fundy days I listened to Focus on the Family regularly. I know in the last church I belonged to 80% of the congregation will vote for whoever Dobson says vote for. I don't have any hard numbers to back it up, but my gut tells me that same thing would be true in most Bible believing churches.

Call them sheep if you want, but I'd rather have a few million sheep voting for Ron Paul instead Mike Huckabee or Duncan Hunter, or worse yet not voting at all.

I agree, with them we would have a much greater chance of winning. I definitely do not want them voting for Hucky.

werdd
11-23-2007, 09:08 PM
I thought it was hilarious how Hannity was stroking huckabee and hunter at the end, and not even mentioning Dr. Paul. I respect Mr. Dobson and i do think when RP wins the nomination, he will gladly get behind him while Pat Robertson and Fred Phelps's and co back a neo-con 3rd party canidate, probably giuliani.

quickmike
11-23-2007, 09:59 PM
oh, and yes hannity is a giant douche.

No hes not. Hes a turd sandwich.

Someone needs to start a thread so we can vote on this once and for all.

max
11-23-2007, 10:13 PM
no chance that any TV preacher will endorse RP

i dont trust dobson or any TV preacher......

he is waiting for the right time to come out for "Pastor Hucksterbee"..

jerkoff preaschers....Jesus preached peace and love and the preachers just want to start aramageddom

max
11-23-2007, 10:16 PM

lol..

dont be surprised to see a fake Osama video praising Ron Paul soon..

lets see if Osama is still using "Just for Men" gel in his beard...

tnvoter
11-24-2007, 12:53 AM

jerkoff preaschers....Jesus preached peace and love and the preachers just want to start aramageddom

I know of a tv preacher, a NONDENOMINATIONAL Pastor who is voting RP. But you have to remember, most pastor's can't publicly endorse candidates because they endanger their church of losing tax exempt status.

You people KNOW the IRS, and if someone endorses their nemesis (RP) they WILL be watching and going after who they can when they can. We can't forget it's the establishment that's destroying our country- and why this election is so important.

Revolution9
11-24-2007, 02:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16YGYVEuWRs&mode=related&search

I wonder if this TV preacher and Dobson see eye to eye. I think Hannity needs to get this fellow on for an extremely interesting interview.

Best
Regads
Randy

savonarola
11-24-2007, 02:19 AM
ha! hannity is funny. He was like, "If you don't endorse one of my guys, you're going to destroy the world!"

lol

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dobson list Paul in his list, but it will probably include chucklebee and keyes. :eek:

savonarola
11-24-2007, 02:23 AM

Dobson is not a TV preacher. He's nothing like those pukes. He's one of the few genuine ones out there. Don't be like one of their partisan hacks, and show a little open mind...

Paul4Prez
11-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Real Americans make up their own minds about who to vote for.

lastnymleft
11-24-2007, 03:26 AM
They endorse killing terrorists. I've used that point against many people, but they live their life in fear and trade as many freedoms for securities as possible.

Maybe you should tell your parents that YOU are scared, too. Scared of your loss of rights and freedoms, scared of the debt that is being left to you by THEIR generation, scared of the coming financial collapse and the hardship and unemployment that it will bring down upon YOUR generation. Hit 'em with the emotional, guilt-trip stuff, to try to get them to think about YOU, and how THEIR fears and their acting on them, by not supporting Ron Paul, will be bad for you, and YOUR children. Now what parent would want to do that? At least it may make them go for someone not against their views, like the good Doctor.

And besides, the Iraq war was argued on the basis of being in compliance with the Christian Just War theory (Even though it wasn't). Now that the rationale for that have been shattered, how can they say that the Christian Just War theory still supports current actions?

xd9fan
11-24-2007, 04:23 AM
That was a pretty sad showing by Hannity.

This really should be no surprise to anyone than has listened to sean in the past.

Does anybody remember the California Gov race? Remember who was running?

For the GOP it was Arnold AND a real conservative named Tom McClintock.

Sean on his radio show, demanded that Tom bow down to the famous Arnold. Sean telling Tom that he will spilt the vote and another Dem will win.

This (for me) was the first time I started to see how principle was giving away to fame (wanting to be liked) in the GOP. And wow what did the party get........another pro-govt RINO!!!

Tom (to his amazing credit did not get out of the race...because he was the only conservative choice)

The downfall continues.....

sharedvoice
11-24-2007, 06:33 AM
Check it out. Got two new vids on my YouTube Channel.

HuckChuckFacts: Director's Cut (Behind the Scenes w/ Chuck)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCdWlCskJA

Ron Paul: vs. HuckChuck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6lLvRcsYtQ

Enjoy! :cool:

Henry
11-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Why don't we email the good doctor, and ask for his support?

Geronimo
11-24-2007, 10:03 AM
I heard Dobson on the radio a few weeks ago, and he was complaining because Huck claimed to have his endorsement.
It was kind of funny hearing him shrug it off.

rpfreedom08
11-24-2007, 11:41 AM

I think your wrong man. I Think right now they are at a cross roads. They know where Ron Paul stands and think it's a new thing that just might be right. I mean come on, letting people do as they choose and not being the one to cast the first stone??? This is a big thing that they are probably not use to but know it is the correct way. Abortion has been their biggest fight for the longest time and Ron Paul is the man to take care of this problem and they know that as well. I think they are on the fence though about his other things like doing away with the fed and irs. They are all about a just war and do not like the war we are in. These again are not the t.v. preachers we've all learned and been taught to hate, and for the most part understandably. These Christians are true Christians and do not believe in forcing their religion upon people, casting the first stone, being on t.v. so they can capitalize on their religion, etc... etc... Dobson if he is the same man he has always been, witch I have no reason to think differently is a man of the same great integrity we hold Ron Paul to. I think he knows that If Ron Paul is to win, things will change drastically and he needs to make sure that direction is the correct one for America. It's a lot of weight to have on ones shoulders, that’s why he doesn't through a candidates name out there so foolishly.