PDA

View Full Version : Philly abortionist goes on trial

green73
03-04-2013, 01:42 PM
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Jury selection began Monday in the murder trial of a Philadelphia abortion provider, a potentially sensitive task since the case involves both abortion and the death penalty.

Dr. Kermit Gosnell is charged with eight counts of murder. He's charged with third-degree murder in a woman's 2009 death during a botched abortion, and first-degree murder for allegedly killing seven viable babies after they were born alive. Gosnell faces the death penalty if convicted on the latter counts.

He has pleaded not guilty, and insists that he helped many vulnerable women and teens get medical care, including second-term abortions not offered at many clinics.

Pennsylvania abortion laws ban abortions after 24 weeks. Authorities believe at least some of the abortions performed at Gosnell's clinic involved third-trimester pregnancies. The 2011 grand jury report details one case in which Gosnell allegedly joked the baby was so big it could walk to the bus stop.

cont
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/pa-abortion-doctor-goes-trial-8-deaths

Quark
03-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Good, as far as I'm concerned he's murdered more than eight. I'm not sure about the death penalty though. Even for his evil crimes I am not a proponent of the state deciding who dies and who lives.

"The 2011 grand jury report details one case in which Gosnell allegedly joked the baby was so big it could walk to the bus stop."

Disgusting.

kathy88
03-04-2013, 02:11 PM
The 2011 grand jury report details one case in which Gosnell allegedly joked the baby was so big it could walk to the bus stop.

Pure evil.

green73
03-21-2013, 11:42 AM
You can see some pictures of his handy work here---if you can stomach it. WARNING: GRAPHIC

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/abortionist-joked-baby-big-enough-walk-around-me-or-walk-me-bus-stop

Christian Liberty
03-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Good, as far as I'm concerned he's murdered more than eight. I'm not sure about the death penalty though. Even for his evil crimes I am not a proponent of the state deciding who dies and who lives.

"The 2011 grand jury report details one case in which Gosnell allegedly joked the baby was so big it could walk to the bus stop."

Disgusting.

This is why Scott Roeder is a hero and we should be offended as a country that he's behind bars.

I'm all for the death penalty for abortion period. I don't even care if he killed babies after they were born or not, he's a murderer either way. As for the state deciding, I understand the power creep concern, but in this case it doesn't matter. If there is anyone who we KNOW is guilty, its this guy. Even if he never killed a baby who was born alive, he has admitted to LEGALLY murdering people. As such, regardless of whatever BS we have on paper, he deserves death...

If he gets off I hope some hero kills him.