PDA

View Full Version : Records reveal drones used in US can intercept electronic communications, identify people

sailingaway
03-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Disturbing documents recently obtained by the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) reveal that the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is operating drones in the United States that are capable of intercepting electronic communications along with recognizing and a person on the ground.

CBP, a child agency of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) which is itself quite fascinated with drones, is just one of many public entities in the United States operating drones domestically.

While we know the number is quite large and growing, it is impossible to know how many entities are authorized to fly drones over the US or if the Obama administration claims the authority to kill Americans on US soil without charge or trial as has been done abroad since they refuse to answer that question.

Others flying drones over the U.S. include National Guard units (more listed here), the military in concert with law enforcement agencies around the country, the Marshals Service and so many others that universities and colleges are expanding drone piloting programs to keep up with the domestic drone boom.

While we already knew that the domestic drone program was massive beyond comprehension, EPIC most recently revealed that CBP is “operating drones in the United States capable of intercepting electronic communications,” evidenced in a document from 2010.

Another document from 2005 shows that “the ten Predator B drones operated by the agency have the capacity to recognize and identify a person on the ground.”

internal links to documents cited, at link: http://www.activistpost.com/2013/03/records-reveal-drones-used-in-us-can.html?m=1

kcchiefs6465
03-04-2013, 02:30 PM
A bump for freedom.

kathy88
03-04-2013, 02:46 PM
So...... what do we do about it?

sailingaway
03-04-2013, 02:48 PM

I just commented on an EIR for a drone base not far from me (well, southern CA anyhow. I figure I'd be in the flight radius.) Acquire info globally, fight it locally?

Anti Federalist
03-04-2013, 05:14 PM
And they laughed at, "It will just as easily be used to keep you, in."

Anti Federalist
03-04-2013, 05:15 PM

Posting the answer will get me arrested.

JK/SEA
03-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Posting the answer will get me arrested.

hire an attorney? fly my amerikan flag upside down? go to RLC meet ups? ...

Anti Federalist
03-04-2013, 06:34 PM
hire an attorney? fly my amerikan flag upside down? go to RLC meet ups? ...

Reciting the Declaration of Independence.

And meaning it.

:mad:

Carson
03-04-2013, 06:54 PM
This seems a variation on what I heard in the past but a new interpretation.

In the past we saw video from these drones and could tell it was so bad that you could tell they couldn't identify individuals. They could see pixely people but you couldn't tell a Mary from a Paul.

Then we heard the way they were targeting individuals was someone on the ground would identify a building and then they would do something like have a kid drop a cell phone in a flower bed out front. That would then give someone on the ground the ability to send a drone to that GPS coordinate and attack a building near by.

Anyway I'm not sure how much of it is actually true but I suppose you could extrapolate from it and say, " Records reveal drones used in US can intercept electronic communications, identify people "

and twist it to mind boggling proportions.

Sort of reminds me of this song. At first when you hear it you may take "Looking at you" personally. If you sing along, even just in your mind, maybe you can turn it around.

The Alan Parsons Project- Eye in the Sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNiie_zmSr8

Chorus:
I am the eye in the sky
Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules
Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind
And I don't need to see any more
To know that
I can read your mind, I can read your mind

Lyrics at the video.

Are they the eye in the sky or are we?

12,000,000,000 of them. Some might find that so overwhelming they could feel the need for drones.

Anyway that is some of what I'm seeing with my two.

TomtheTinker
03-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Imagian Marching on white house with full revolutionary war uniforms and unloaded muskets..maybe somebody would care when the s.s. Chops us down.

Anti Federalist
03-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Imagian Marching on white house with full revolutionary war uniforms and unloaded muskets..maybe somebody would care when the s.s. Chops us down.

Terrorists.

Gun nuts.

Tea-baggers.

They deserved it.

Thank you, brave boys, keeping us safe.

Philhelm
03-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Darn. I was hoping to have my own coat of arms, but I guess that would be pointless.

timosman
11-24-2018, 03:10 AM
The Alan Parsons Project- Eye in the Sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNiie_zmSr8

Chorus:
I am the eye in the sky
Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules
Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind
And I don't need to see any more