PDA

View Full Version : NH Considers Cremation Alternative That Dissolves Bodies To Liquid

green73
03-04-2013, 01:07 PM
http://img.thrfun.com/img/003/655/used_motor_oil_l.jpg

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — An alternative to cremation that was shot down a few years ago by New Hampshire’s House is making a comeback.

The House votes Wednesday whether to allow human bodies to be dissolved into a soapy liquid.

The Legislature voted to allow the process in 2006, but reversed itself the next year and banned it. An attempt to lift the ban failed in 2009. The House Health, Human Services and Elderly Affairs Committee is recommending that the House vote to allow it.

The process uses lye, 300-degree heat and 60 pounds of pressure per square inch to destroy bodies in big stainless-steel cylinders. It leaves behind a coffee-colored liquid with the consistency of motor oil and a strong ammonia smell.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/03/04/nh-considers-cremation-alternative-that-dissolves-bodies-to-liquid/

sailingaway
03-04-2013, 01:10 PM
ashes to ashes, dust to... glop?

I don't know why, but that doesn't appeal to me.

Fine for those who want it, though.

jmdrake
03-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Why the hell would anybody want to do this?

ladyjade3
03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Gross!!!!

Keith and stuff
03-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Since the article was useless, I'll add info.

This is 1 of many pro-liberty bills being considered this year in NH. The bill is 100% pro-liberty. It is sponsor by a GOP libertarian, a Democratic libertarian and a Democratic statist.

Bill link
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/Bill_docket.aspx?lsr=21&sy=2013&sortoption=&txtsessionyear=2013&txtbillnumber=hb316

Committee recommendation
2/21/2013 H Committee Report: Ought to Pass with Amendment #0344h for Mar 6 (Vote 15-2; Part I RC); HC 20, PG.418

If you live in NH and want to contact your state rep to encourage them to vote for this great bill on Wednesday, here you go
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/members/wml.aspx

Notice how none of the article comments favor this bill? That's excellent. Pro-liberty legislation might pass in NH and the folks in Boston are grossed out. That's what we want. That's how we keep our freedom in NH. Wonderful!

FSP-Rebel
03-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Gross!!!!
It's all Keith's idea!^

sailingaway
03-04-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm grossed out too, but I think it shouldn't be illegal.

'Great bill' is kinda a stretch, but what is the justification/rationale for banning it?

Are they planning on forcing it on people who don't want it? Like now I think indigents on Social Security get a $250 cremation, are they going to make them rendered to soap instead?

Because if it is voluntary, I think you should be able to be rendered to soap if you want to be.

shane77m
03-04-2013, 01:32 PM
YOUR SHAMPOO IS PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Keith and stuff
03-04-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm grossed out too, but I think it shouldn't be illegal.

'Great bill' is kinda a stretch
Hardly, it is a fantastic bill!

Are they planning on forcing it on people who don't want it?
Freedom will not be forced on you :)

Because if it is voluntary, I think you should be able to be rendered to soap if you want to be.
Absolutely. It's already legal in some states.

Here is the point. It is better for you. It is better for me. It is better for everyone.

HB 316-FN, relative to regulating alkaline hydrolysis for the disposal of human remains. OUGHT TO PASS
WITH AMENDMENT.
Rep. Richard E Meaney for Health, Human Services and Elderly Affairs: This bill establishes alkaline hydrolysis
as a legal procedure for the disposal of human remains. Alkaline hydrolysis is a procedure whereby
human remains are reduced to bone fragments by a solution of water and potassium hydroxide. Alkaline
hydrolysis is more energy efficient than cremation, produces less CO2 than cremation, and has no vaporized
mercury emissions. Alkaline hydrolysis ensures complete destruction of infectious agents and produces sterile
effluent that will not harm the public. This eco-friendly alternative to traditional cremation is less expensive
than traditional burial. Passage of this bill provides families with an alternative to the traditional methods
of cremation and burial for the disposal of the remains of loved ones. Vote 15-2.
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/caljourns/calendars/2013/HC_18.pdf

green73
03-04-2013, 01:39 PM
LOL, I knew eco-craziness was behind it.

mad cow
It's not for me but there is nothing inherently wrong with it as long as it's voluntary.Some might find donating their organs after death icky,some might not like the idea of cremation and so on.

Keith and stuff
It's all Keith's idea!^

I cannot take credit for this fantastic bill. It goes to the person that has done the most to help Ron Paul in NH, libertarian Rep. Steve Vaillancourt.

Anti Federalist
03-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Nothing could be more carbon "neutral" than just planting my ass in the ground for the trees and plants and bugs to feed happily upon.

Please do not render my earthly remains into a hot, polluting ball of heat and gases or a toxic, sludgy soup of caustic chemicals.

Please...

Keith and stuff
03-04-2013, 01:49 PM
or a toxic, sludgy soup of caustic chemicals.
Don't worry, that why we have New Jersey.

jmdrake
03-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Nothing could be more carbon "neutral" than just planting my ass in the ground for the trees and plants and bugs to feed happily upon.

Please do not render my earthly remains into a hot, polluting ball of heat and gases or a toxic, sludgy soup of caustic chemicals.

Please...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

And if NH wants a "fantastic" liberty bill, just pass a bill requiring all airports to kick the TSA out.

FSP-Rebel
03-04-2013, 01:53 PM
I cannot take credit for this fantastic bill. It goes to the person that has done the most to help Ron Paul in NH, libertarian Rep. Steve Vaillancourt.
I wouldn't expend any efforts on this while yall have a major gas tax hike in the pike.

fisharmor
03-04-2013, 01:54 PM
YOUR SHAMPOO IS PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Wrong movie.
This is required if your cleanup crew is going to dissolve 30-year-olds refusing to engage in the renewal ceremony, by spraying them from their floating platforms.

Keith and stuff
03-04-2013, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't expend any efforts on this while yall have a major gas tax hike in the pike.
I'm only using effort on it here. It is such a great bill, I don't need to contacts reps about it. It seems some liberty folks, well, you guys... :toady:

Of course, NH isn't the only state debating transportation spending increases. Even MI is debating a larger proposal :toady:

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-04-2013, 02:08 PM

I don't see what's fantastic about this bill. If anything I see it as extremely disrespectful to the body.

Keith and stuff
03-04-2013, 02:21 PM
I don't see what's fantastic about this bill. If anything I see it as extremely disrespectful to the body.
It is about increasing liberty, increasing choices, helping the environment, helping with jobs and on and on and on.

If you think it might disrespect your body. Excellent! Don't do it. That's what liberty is all about.

kcchiefs6465
03-04-2013, 02:28 PM

Please...
Amen.

QFT.

FSP-Rebel
03-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Of course, NH isn't the only state debating transportation spending increases. Even MI is debating a larger proposal :toady:
The difference is that we have a republican house and senate that isn't going for it. They clearly know that their asses will be in jeopardy if they allow Snyder to pull this off.

jbauer
03-04-2013, 02:45 PM
It is about increasing liberty, increasing choices, helping the environment, helping with jobs and on and on and on.

If you think it might disrespect your body. Excellent! Don't do it. That's what liberty is all about.

How would this create jobs? I'm pretty sure the number of deaths will remain the same with our without this bill. Thus the people required to do this will remian the same. However, if this is your chosen way to go...go for it!!! Not sure why there needs to be a law on the books for this. I'm planning on being burried in my garden with or without the governments say so.

kcchiefs6465
03-04-2013, 02:50 PM
How would this create jobs? I'm pretty sure the number of deaths will remain the same with our without this bill. Thus the people required to do this will remian the same. However, if this is your chosen way to go...go for it!!! Not sure why there needs to be a law on the books for this. I'm planning on being burried in my garden with or without the governments say so.
I wouldn't tell too many people. Those assholes literally would uproot your ass and move you elsewhere. Sounds like a good place to be buried though. I haven't decided myself. Very well could be the same.

Son of Detroit
03-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Why don't they just use hydrofluoric acid and a barrel?

Or a bathtub?

http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles3/1699486/article_images/Barrel1_BB4.jpg

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-04-2013, 02:56 PM

It's great to see NH has so few pressing issues that their representatives can focus on incredibly important bills like this one.

PaulConventionWV
03-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Why the hell would anybody want to do this?

I don't see any difference between this and ashes. I can see a horror film coming from it, though.

Keith and stuff
03-04-2013, 03:05 PM
It's great to see NH has so few pressing issues that their representatives can focus on incredibly important bills like this one.

I agree that it is an incredibly useful bill :)

NH doesn't work the way other states work, though. NH has a citizen legislature, unlike every other state. Any rep. is allowed to propose a bill. In fact, many rep. will propose a bill for any of their constitutes (1 rep. per every 3,300 people in NH), as long as it isn't too crazy, even if the rep. disagrees with the bill. Every bill gets a day in committee. Then, all of those bills get a vote before the entire NH House.

A lot of people, even in NH don't understand the system. Sometimes there are minor or useless bills that come up. 1 bill this year was to make the potato the NH state vegetable (because NH is where potatoes were 1st grown in the US, according to a 4th grade class). People wonder how NH can debate such unless bills. Unlike everywhere else, the NH reps might be volunteers but they all have the ability to bring any bill to the full house for a vote.

green73
03-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Or a bathtub?

A lot can go wrong with a bathtub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQDiNjeP0m4

fisharmor
03-04-2013, 03:08 PM

I'm not knocking the bill, but I can't help but wonder what a church would have to go through to handle its own bodies and have a proper crypt.

jmdrake
03-04-2013, 03:09 PM
I don't see any difference between this and ashes. I can see a horror film coming from it, though.

You answered your own question. (Or comment). Lot's of people have their loved ones ashes in an urn on the mantel. Now people are going to have their loved ones sludge? "Hey, when I die I want my sludge poured into the river and my favorite fishing hole." I'm not saying this should be legal or illegal. It just doesn't sound like anything I'd like done to any of my relatives even if they wanted it.

kcchiefs6465
03-04-2013, 03:15 PM
You answered your own question. (Or comment). Lot's of people have their loved ones ashes in an urn on the mantel. Now people are going to have their loved ones sludge? "Hey, when I die I want my sludge poured into the river and my favorite fishing hole." I'm not saying this should be legal or illegal. It just doesn't sound like anything I'd like done to any of my relatives even if they wanted it.
That's my issue with it. I haven't reaserched it or anything, but I'd imagine it's pretty harmful chemicals to dissolve a body. I don't want to think about that the next time I'm fishing. [whether someone was poured there] I really couldn't care less about whether or not someone wanted to be dissolved into motor oil consistency, but please keep yourself in your 'quart.'

jmdrake
03-04-2013, 03:16 PM
So if this passes the government in NH can still do no knock raids looking for drugs, but if they kill you then you have the "liberty" to be turned into sludge.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30990290.jpg

Seraphim
03-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Be careful, I hear Dick Chaney had been looking for a new sort of Super Smoothy mix.

Keith and stuff
03-04-2013, 03:19 PM
So if this passes the government in NH can still do no knock raids looking for drugs, but if they kill you then you have the "liberty" to be turned into sludge.
I cannot beleive you are complaining about this new liberty. That's pretty shocking if you are serious. Surely you are in jest, right? There will be many good bills in NH this year. This is just 1 of the many. A people should be as simple as possible and do as few things as possible. Rand Paul is a big supporter of 1 bill at a time for DC. It's the NH way and of course, all liberty lovers love it.

angelatc
03-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm only using effort on it here. It is such a great bill, I don't need to contacts reps about it. It seems some liberty folks, well, you guys... :toady:

Even Michigan? We're hardly the model of libertarian success. Gov Rick is a moderate, leaning left. So far the only conservative thing he's done is Right To Work. Another tax hike from him is a given.

kcchiefs6465
03-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I cannot beleive you are complaining about this new liberty. That's pretty shocking if you are serious. Surely you are in jest, right? There will be many good bills in NH this year. This is just 1 of the many. A people should be as simple as possible and do as few things as possible. Rand Paul is a big supporter of 1 bill at a time for DC. It's the NH way and of course, all liberty lovers love it.
I'm pretty sure he was just pointing out the trivialness of said bill when compared in the scope of liberty. Especially considering that rights are still eroding at a federal level, and I'd imagine even at your state level, yearly.

jmdrake
03-04-2013, 03:24 PM

Do you know what the words "not impressed" mean? :rolleyes: And while Rand Paul supports 1 bill at a time, I hope he doesn't propose anything as trivial as this and trumpet is as a "triumph of liberty". But hey, if it impresses you it impresses you.

Edit: And I look forward to seeing what other bills come out. Maybe one will pass that would have the effect of making me feel more...well....free.

jmdrake
03-04-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm pretty sure he was just pointing out the trivialness of said bill when compared in the scope of liberty. Especially considering that rights are still eroding at a federal level, and I'd imagine even at your state level, yearly.

Exactly.

amonasro
03-04-2013, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE

noneedtoaggress
03-04-2013, 03:32 PM
http://img.thrfun.com/img/003/655/used_motor_oil_l.jpg

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/03/04/nh-considers-cremation-alternative-that-dissolves-bodies-to-liquid/

I LOL'd at the photo. I had to check and see (and was a bit disappointed) if it was from the article. Not that it would have made it any more believable. Ya got some Great Grammy spilling over the sides of your milk gallon there.

Makes it a lot easier to spike the punch bowl at the wake, too.

"Uncle Earl is a part of us all now..."

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-04-2013, 03:47 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30990290.jpg

+rep

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-04-2013, 03:49 PM

This bill doesn't enhance anyone's liberty. It's a waste of time. NH reps should be focused on repealing minimum wage laws, burdensome business regulations, nullifying federal intrusions, devolving state powers to local authority, etc, not some BS bill like this.

Keith and stuff
03-04-2013, 03:52 PM
This bill doesn't enhance anyone's liberty. It's a waste of time. NH reps should be focused on repealing minimum wage laws, burdensome business regulations, nullifying federal intrusions, devolving state powers to local authority, etc, not some BS bill like this.

It certainly increases everyone's liberty. It is impossible to deny that.

As for it being a waste of time. I already explain that NH has a citizen legislature unlike every other state. I'll post it again in case you missed it :)

NH doesn't work the way other states work, though. NH has a citizen legislature, unlike every other state. Any rep. is allowed to propose a bill. In fact, many rep. will propose a bill for any of their constitutes (1 rep. per every 3,300 people in NH), as long as it isn't too crazy, even if the rep. disagrees with the bill. Every bill gets a day in committee. Then, all of those bills get a vote before the entire NH House.

A lot of people, even in NH don't understand the system. Sometimes there are minor or useless bills that come up. 1 bill this year was to make the potato the NH state vegetable (because NH is where potatoes were 1st grown in the US, according to a 4th grade class). People wonder how NH can debate such unless bills. Unlike everywhere else, the NH reps might be volunteers but they all have the ability to bring any bill to the full house for a vote.

There are around a 1,000 bills a year. How do you propose that change without eliminating liberty in NH the way every other state is limited since they don't have citizen legislatures?

jmdrake
03-04-2013, 03:58 PM
It certainly increases everyone's liberty. It is impossible to deny that.

As for it being a waste of time. I already explain that NH has a citizen legislature unlike every other state. I'll post it again in case you missed it :)

There are around a 1,000 bills a year. How do you propose that change without eliminating liberty in NH the way every other state is limited since they don't have citizen legislatures?

Who said the bill shouldn't be allowed to be introduced? I just see no reason to trumpet it as some "fantastic" advance for liberty. But whatever floats your boat...or sinks your sludge.

Anti Federalist
03-04-2013, 04:14 PM

Good luck with that.

Whoever does it without government's permission is going to jail.

PaulConventionWV
03-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Hardly, it is a fantastic bill!

Freedom will not be forced on you :)

Absolutely. It's already legal in some states.

Here is the point. It is better for you. It is better for me. It is better for everyone.

Why is this so great? It's liquid human.

tangent4ronpaul
03-04-2013, 05:11 PM
ICK!

but I suppose they need to get the ingredients for Soilent Green somewhere.

either that or turn them into bio-diesel.

Related: Remember an article from maybe 6 months ago about a someone coming forward and trying to sue Coke or Pepsi because of a mouse in a bottle of their product. They went to trial and got it thrown out after an expert witness testified that the soda would have liquefied the mouse before it ever hit the shelf.

-t

Keith and stuff
03-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Why is this so great? It's liquid human.

You have an additional option. The option is better for the environment. It explains services in NH. It might encourage people to have their post life happenings in NH. It might increases spending in NH. It might increase hours of work in NH. And on and on and on. I didn't created the thread or push for this bill (though I did contact dozen of elected officials today about more important bills) but obviously this is a pro-liberty bill that is pro-business as it removes a harmful regulation.

tangent4ronpaul
03-04-2013, 05:15 PM
I LOL'd at the photo. I had to check and see (and was a bit disappointed) if it was from the article. Not that it would have made it any more believable. Ya got some Great Grammy spilling over the sides of your milk gallon there.

May you never thirst...

I do believe there is a lye based fish dish. Icelandic, IIRC...

Just saying!

-t

PaulConventionWV
03-04-2013, 05:16 PM

What question? What's the difference between an urn of ashes and a jug of human sludge? Eventually, one way or another, it all gets recycled.

PaulConventionWV
03-04-2013, 05:19 PM

I have a feeling you're intentionally being overly optimistic about something that doesn't really matter.

tod evans
03-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Humans compost well....

Please...

PaulConventionWV
03-04-2013, 05:23 PM
You have an additional option. The option is better for the environment. It explains services in NH. It might encourage people to have their post life happenings in NH. It might increases spending in NH. It might increase hours of work in NH. And on and on and on. I didn't created the thread or push for this bill (though I did contact dozen of elected officials today about more important bills) but obviously this is a pro-liberty bill that is pro-business as it removes a harmful regulation.

Whatever. It's not a big deal, seriously.

tod evans
03-04-2013, 05:27 PM
The option is better for the environment.

Buzzards, mother natures recycling machines....

Keith and stuff
03-04-2013, 08:41 PM
I have a feeling you're intentionally being overly optimistic about something that doesn't really matter.
Cannot tell if trolling. Obviously, liberty matters. Deregulation is a good thing. I support pro-environment, voluntary, no extra expenses to taxpayer, pro-business bills. It's obviously a minor bill but liberty is liberty. And when a bill upsets and scares statists, it is a win-win for the people and future of New Hampshire.

sailingaway
03-04-2013, 08:45 PM
ICK!

but I suppose they need to get the ingredients for Soilent Green somewhere.

either that or turn them into bio-diesel.

Related: Remember an article from maybe 6 months ago about a someone coming forward and trying to sue Coke or Pepsi because of a mouse in a bottle of their product. They went to trial and got it thrown out after an expert witness testified that the soda would have liquefied the mouse before it ever hit the shelf.

-t

LOL!

And that made it all ok.....

sailingaway
03-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Cannot tell if trolling. Obviously, liberty matters. Deregulation is a good thing. I support pro-environment, voluntary, no extra expenses to taxpayer, pro-business bills. It's obviously a minor bill but liberty is liberty. And when a bill outsides and scares statists, it is a win-win for the people and future of New Hampshire.

Any increment towards liberty and overturning a prior regulation is not only good, these days it seems to be a small miracle.

Good luck with it.

But I wouldn't use it, myself.

Folks, this isn't Keith's thread calling for bill support, it was just a thread noting this unusual situation.

LibForestPaul
03-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Why do i need permission to do what I want with the remains of my body?

Yes, this methods is permissable.
Yes, this 2nd method is also permissable.
Yes, this 83rd method is also permitted by the state.
WTH?

green73
03-04-2013, 09:09 PM

I'm quite pleased with that pic.

Anti Federalist
03-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Because the State owns you, even after you're dead.

WTH?

green73
03-04-2013, 11:36 PM
This story stinks.

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-05-2013, 04:20 AM
There's probably a bunch of murderers right now interested in this

JK/SEA
03-05-2013, 10:13 AM
hmmm..a little flour, some yeast, sugar....should mix out real well. Bake at 300 for 20 minutes....maybe add some walnuts...

angelatc
03-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Your mission, should you choose to accept it: I want to be liquefied, then I want a protester to toss me on the Chairman of the Federal Reserve, sort of like how the liberals throw blood on fur coats.

sailingaway
03-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Your mission, should you choose to accept it: I want to be liquefied, then I want a protester to toss me on the Chairman of the Federal Reserve, sort of like how the liberals throw blood on fur coats.

Hm. This revolting idea is starting to have some possibilities...

Demigod
03-05-2013, 11:09 AM

WTH?

Probably a remnant from the past when decomposing bodies ( and bodies left out for animals to feed on ) spreading diseases were a big issue.Somebody deciding that the best way for his body to be taken care of is to be left on the lawn for the local stray dogs to eat gradually I think that you would agree is unacceptable.

That is why societies made laws on how dead bodies should be disposed of so to stop diseases.Burying and cremation are the 2 cleanest ways and the most dignifying.Of course with technology advancing more and more ways will come up and they should be made available for everyone to use.

Icymudpuppy
03-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Probably a remnant from the past when decomposing bodies ( and bodies left out for animals to feed on ) spreading diseases were a big issue.Somebody deciding that the best way for his body to be taken care of is to be left on the lawn for the local stray dogs to eat gradually I think that you would agree is unacceptable.

That is why societies made laws on how dead bodies should be disposed of so to stop diseases.Burying and cremation are the 2 cleanest ways and the most dignifying.Of course with technology advancing more and more ways will come up and they should be made available for everyone to use.

Is it okay to chop a body into pieces, divide the pieces evenly into six garbage bags and deposit them in the gulf stream just a few miles off Miami's Bay Harbor? ;)

In all seriousness, that is exactly why disposal of bodies is done either by burying 6ft, or cremation. To stop the spread of disease. Personally, I plan to donate my body to a medical school. Cadavers are how doctor's in training practice surgical technique.

sailingaway
03-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Is it okay to chop a body into pieces, divide the pieces evenly into six garbage bags and deposit them in the gulf stream just a few miles off Miami's Bay Harbor? ;)

In all seriousness, that is exactly why disposal of bodies is done either by burying 6ft, or cremation. To stop the spread of disease. Personally, I plan to donate my body to a medical school. Cadavers are how doctor's in training practice surgical technique.

You might want to look into how the cadavers are treated.

Or not, if you are set on doing it...

Icymudpuppy
03-05-2013, 12:24 PM
You might want to look into how the cadavers are treated.

Or not, if you are set on doing it...

What do I care? I'm not using it any more. Medical schools need something to cut on. Cut, stitched up, cut again, until my corpse looks a bit like Freddy Kruger. It's all good. All in the name of helping people.

angelatc
03-05-2013, 01:10 PM
What do I care? I'm not using it any more. Medical schools need something to cut on. Cut, stitched up, cut again, until my corpse looks a bit like Freddy Kruger. It's all good. All in the name of helping people.

It's not just med students. The evil corporations are constantly introducing new devices to replace things in out bodies, and unless you want to walk around on the first new model knee that the surgeon has ever installed...

But I won't donate mine. If they want to buy it from my family, then fine. But as long as it's illegal for my kin to profit off my body while everybody else in the damned system makes a premium, I'm sticking with the liquefaction for now.

pcosmar
03-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Even MI is debating a larger proposal :toady:

Michigan is always debating larger proposals. Regardless of which team is running things.

AFPVet
03-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Motor oil? New fuel? Ewwww lol.

fisharmor
03-05-2013, 02:54 PM

Like John Gatto, (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?362490-Why-Healthcare-Costs-so-much-according-to-Washington-Post&p=4205449&viewfull=1#post4205449) I disagree with your premise.

LibForestPaul
03-05-2013, 06:19 PM

All those mongolians are dying left and right and their sky burials. get real...

There are hundreds of ways of disposing of bodies.

PaulConventionWV
03-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Cannot tell if trolling. Obviously, liberty matters. Deregulation is a good thing. I support pro-environment, voluntary, no extra expenses to taxpayer, pro-business bills. It's obviously a minor bill but liberty is liberty. And when a bill upsets and scares statists, it is a win-win for the people and future of New Hampshire.

Ok, I'll let you celebrate.

PaulConventionWV
03-06-2013, 09:33 AM
There's probably a bunch of murderers right now interested in this

Actually, that's one of the first things I thought of. I believe Jeffrey Dahmer used that to dissolve his victims in his own apartment.

jmdrake
03-06-2013, 09:39 AM
What question? What's the difference between an urn of ashes and a jug of human sludge? Eventually, one way or another, it all gets recycled.

Do ashes smell like ammonia to you?

From the article: It leaves behind a coffee-colored liquid with the consistency of motor oil and a strong ammonia smell.

Keith and stuff
03-06-2013, 10:49 AM
The NH House is debating this right now. There is about to be a vote with a small amendment. http://gencourt.state.nh.us/houseliveaudio.asx
A really old, perhaps senile Rep. just spoke against it. Now a sane person is speaking in favor of the bill.
Voting started.
Results: Yes 257 - No 113. Now it goes to another NH House committee.

Dr.3D
03-06-2013, 10:59 AM
I have wondered why freeze drying and then pulverizing what's left hasn't been used yet.

ninepointfive
03-06-2013, 11:13 AM
sounds like it could be made into a health food shake