PDA

View Full Version : Armed citizen shoots bank robber

green73
03-04-2013, 11:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bBRiP6yML7w
http://youtu.be/bBRiP6yML7w

Expatriate
03-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Good thing someone had a gun besides the robber. Otherwise it could have been an innocent person shot or killed.

On a side note, it's funny how "civilian" or "citizen" now refers to anybody who is not a cop. Cops are civilians as well. I guess people are starting to think of them as an occupying military force or something.

aGameOfThrones
03-04-2013, 12:03 PM
I'm genuinely Frumaze.

RickyJ
03-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Armed citizen shoots bank robber

What is this world coming to?

We better ban guns so armed citizens don't shoot anymore armed bank robbers.

Don't these people know banks are insured against this? They lose nothing even if the robber gets away with it.

oyarde
03-04-2013, 12:18 PM
What is this world coming to?

We better ban guns so armed citizens don't shoot anymore armed bank robbers.

Don't these people know banks are insured against this? They lose nothing even if the robber gets away with it. No doubt , how am I going to rob banks when I retire if this keeps up :) ?

thoughtomator
03-04-2013, 12:23 PM
No doubt , how am I going to rob banks when I retire if this keeps up :) ?

Do it old school style - own one.

RickyJ
03-04-2013, 12:37 PM
No doubt , how am I going to rob banks when I retire if this keeps up :) ?

Pretend you are a citizen shooting a bank robber (your partner) then when everyone rushes out of the bank to see which way your partner went, you rob the bank.

oyarde
03-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Do it old school style - own one.

I am too ethical for that. No need for violence I am only there for the FDIC insured money :)

oyarde
03-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Pretend you are a citizen shooting a bank robber (your partner) then when everyone rushes out of the bank to see which way your partner went, you rob the bank.

I am picturing , that is when the cops show up , shoot the citizen, any dogs and shut down any lemonade stands .....

RickyJ
03-04-2013, 12:48 PM
I am picturing , that is when the cops show up , shoot the citizen, any dogs and shut down any lemonade stands .....

Maybe, especially if the bank is across the street from the police department or the doughnut shop.

In that case you are going to need more help. Have some of your people cause some problems on the far end of town from the bank, like calling 9/11 claiming that burglars are breaking into their house, on pre-paid disposable phones of course. Then when most all the police force is off on these calls, you hit the bank. Why criminals can't figure this out is beyond me, I guess your common bank robber is an idiot, otherwise he/she wouldn't be robbing a bank to start with, they would be scamming retirees out of their life savings legally.

Tod
03-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Here in Ohio we had a guy shoot his 12 yo daughter in the chest w/ shotgun, then himself in the head. She lives.

http://www.ohio.com/news/police-northeast-ohio-man-shoots-daughter-12-then-kills-self-1.378363

Police: Northeast Ohio man shoots daughter, 12, then kills self
Associated Press
Published: March 4, 2013 - 02:32 PM
CLEVELAND: Cleveland police say a man shot his 12-year-old daughter with a shotgun before killing himself overnight.
Media reports said the girl survived and is being treated at a hospital. Her 46-year-old father was dead at the scene from a gunshot wound to the head.
Police said they responded to a home on the west side at about 3:46 a.m. Monday.
No names have been released, and the investigation continues.

Tod
03-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Good thing someone had a gun besides the robber. Otherwise it could have been an innocent person shot or killed.

On a side note, it's funny how "civilian" or "citizen" now refers to anybody who is not a cop. Cops are civilians as well. I guess people are starting to think of them as an occupying military force or something.

Cops use that term a lot. I 'spose that means they view themselves that way too.

green73
03-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Cops use that term a lot. I 'spose that means they view themselves that way too.

Reminds of this awesome scene from Reservoir Dogs. (Skip ahead to the bit with the cops if you must)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P-f-nzOTV4

oyarde
03-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Maybe, especially if the bank is across the street from the police department or the doughnut shop.

In that case you are going to need more help. Have some of your people cause some problems on the far end of town from the bank, like calling 9/11 claiming that burglars are breaking into their house, on pre-paid disposable phones of course. Then when most all the police force is off on these calls, you hit the bank. Why criminals can't figure this out is beyond me, I guess your common bank robber is an idiot, otherwise he/she wouldn't be robbing a bank to start with, they would be scamming retirees out of their life savings legally.

When I was a kid, there were two Game Wardens for my County .Couple of fairly smart nutjobs. If intended to walk down to the Creek, shoot a brace of ducks on Sat. Afternoon for Sun. dinner ,maybe week before or week after the season, on Fri night I would get on the pay phone after work ,call in some tip about aggressive deer poaching opposite end of the County .Free and clear all weekend :)