PDA

View Full Version : If the s@^# hits the fan, where are we all meeting?

groverblue
03-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Just planning ahead.... Utah seems like the most likely place.

thoughtomator
03-04-2013, 08:16 AM
Downtown D.C.

Origanalist
03-04-2013, 08:16 AM
Camp FEMA.

ShaneEnochs
03-04-2013, 08:24 AM
I'm always confused by this kind of talk, because no one seems to be able to define what that scenario is. Is it if the DOW drops 2,400 points over the course of a week and major institutions declare bankruptcy? Is it when the economy is in the shitter and people can't even find jobs at fast food chains? Is it when a bill is passed into law that declares the United States a battlefield and allow for indefinite detention? Is it when the President of the United States starts using drone strikes against US citizens that have never been charged with any crime?

TonySutton
03-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Area 51 would be the perfect place to re-group. Taking the base would provide a technological advantage :P

I have several friends who have provided coords for SHTF scenarios. Nothing wrong with being prepared, just in case.

fisharmor
03-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Downtown D.C.

City planners were nice enough to make the meeting place the second tallest building in the city.

cjm
03-04-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm always confused by this kind of talk, because no one seems to be able to define what that scenario is. Is it if the DOW drops 2,400 points over the course of a week and major institutions declare bankruptcy? Is it when the economy is in the shitter and people can't even find jobs at fast food chains? Is it when a bill is passed into law that declares the United States a battlefield and allow for indefinite detention? Is it when the President of the United States starts using drone strikes against US citizens that have never been charged with any crime?

"ribbit"

Keith and stuff
03-04-2013, 09:23 AM
We have private liberty clubs in NH.

If you want to know the best places to be in, according to Strategic Relocation ( the book and the movie), ID or UT outside of the Salt Lake City area is best. If you are in the Midsouth, consider the Ozarks. If you are in Southeast, consider Middle TN east of Nashiville. In the Northeast head towards Northern New England.

Aeroneous
03-04-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm going to McDonalds and raiding the Big Macs. Surely I'll be the only person who has thought of such a strategy.

DamianTV
03-04-2013, 09:50 AM
RonPaulForums.com, then to a FEMA Camp, then to Hell!

angelatc
03-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Yep - see you in Hell!

Matthew5
03-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Open a map, found a town of under 30,000 and head that direction and the surrounding rural areas.

Aeroneous
03-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Open a map, found a town of under 30,000 and head that direction and the surrounding rural areas.

I live in such a town. You're all welcome to come to my place... there's a lake behind my house with several hundred geese that come in every morning at about 10 AM (food) and it's stocked with catfish. Actually the geese are flying in right now. Just make sure you wipe your feet before you come in. I know this is an armageddon and all, but we must maintain civility.

Plenty of guns and ammo to gun around, as well.

CaptUSA
03-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Wait a minute... Isn't the shit already hitting the fan?! What kind of sign are you looking for?

Incredibly high long-term unemployment? Check.
Breadlines around the block? Have you been grocery shopping lately?! Seems like everyone has an EBT card (modern breadline).
The state killing people without warrants? Yep.
The state locking people up without trial? Got that one, too.
Runaway inflation? Well, it might not be "runaway" yet, but check the price at the pump - it ain't because of increasing demand.

I think people are looking for mass chaos in the streets before they'll know something's wrong. The problem is by then, most of your guns will be gone and your wealth will have been stolen. This is a slow burn here. If you're waiting for a quick flash, it may never come - but you'll get burned just the same.

Maybe when interest rates start rising? Maybe when door-to-door "safety checks" are implemented? I'm not really sure what it's going to take before people realize the shit is already hitting the fan and we're all getting splattered.

Aeroneous
03-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Wait a minute... Isn't the shit already hitting the fan?! What kind of sign are you looking for?

Incredibly high long-term unemployment? Check.
Breadlines around the block? Have you been grocery shopping lately?! Seems like everyone has an EBT card (modern breadline).
The state killing people without warrants? Yep.
The state locking people up without trial? Got that one, too.
Runaway inflation? Well, it might not be "runaway" yet, but check the price at the pump - it ain't because of increasing demand.

I think people are looking for mass chaos in the streets before they'll know something's wrong. The problem is by then, most of your guns will be gone and your wealth will have been stolen. This is a slow burn here. If you're waiting for a quick flash, it may never come - but you'll get burned just the same.

Maybe when interest rates start rising? Maybe when door-to-door "safety checks" are implemented? I'm not really sure what it's going to take before people realize the shit is already hitting the fan and we're all getting splattered.

You make some great points. I think the problem is that none of the 5 points you mentioned have really hit home for the average person yet. Most people still have jobs, most people can still afford to buy their own groceries, only a handful (by comparison) of people have been killed without warrants, only a handful of people have been locked up without trial, and most people are too uneducated about inflation to even comprehend what causes it or figure out how it affects them.

But let's look at the great depression. In this scenario, 3/5 of your points were overwhelmingly obvious to the average person. Still nothing happened from a SHTF perspective... millions of people weren't killing each other in the streets and massive gangs weren't going house to house in a town murdering and plundering. It's going to take some form of government collapse, I think. When the ruling body dissolves, that is when you will see some true chaos.

opal
03-04-2013, 10:38 AM
I think the only big SHTF occurrence to get the attention of the masses would be power going down - no communications at all short of talking to your neighbors.

CaptUSA
03-04-2013, 10:43 AM
It's going to take some form of government collapse, I think. When the ruling body dissolves, that is when you will see some true chaos.Well, if that's what you're waiting for, it ain't gonna happen. The only way you get to a collapse is when the people, unable to feed themselves, revolt. Even under that scenario, our government is well-positioned to quell any rebellion. Both through physical means and through propaganda. We had 2 small rebellions due to the economic turmoil and they were both quelled. First the Tea Party, then OWS. They turned the majority of the citizenry against both rebellions.

They know what they're doing. Things will get worse and worse slowly, but full-scale collapse isn't in the cards, I'm afraid. They know how to keep the populace in their control. Even if uprisings began to happen, they'd come in heavy-handed, put it to rest, and use their media to paint everyone in the uprising as crazy, lazy, racist, stupid, drug-addled, whatever. They'd make sure the majority was against it. It's what they do.

jmdrake
03-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Like we'd broadcast to the internet where we would go and "hide" if the SHTF. :rolleyes:

KCIndy
03-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Camp FEMA.

Most likely.

I hate to sound like a pessimist, but depending on the scenario, I wouldn't be surprised if the self-described "preppers" will be the first to be rounded up - quickly, quietly, and all at once. :(

KCIndy
03-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Like we'd broadcast to the internet where we would go and "hide" if the SHTF. :rolleyes:

Exactly. My unasked for advice:

DON'T ANNOUNCE.

DON'T BRAG.

DON'T POST PICTURES OF YOUR STOCKPILES, AMMO AND WEAPONS.

....and yeah, I know. I'm paranoid. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

fr33
03-04-2013, 11:45 AM
I'll stand right here where I'm at.

Czolgosz
03-04-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm a solo artist. No groups for me.

heavenlyboy34
03-04-2013, 11:48 AM
not sure it's such a good idea to have so many targets in one place...probably wiser to have a bunch of small meetup places and some way to communicate.

heavenlyboy34
03-04-2013, 11:49 AM

DON'T ANNOUNCE.

DON'T BRAG.

and that^^

kathy88
03-04-2013, 11:57 AM
You're all welcome here :) Even King Nothing.

TomtheTinker
03-04-2013, 12:08 PM
My mothers basement!!!

RickyJ
03-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Point Barrow, Alaska.

RickyJ
03-04-2013, 01:09 PM
not sure it's such a good idea to have so many targets in one place...probably wiser to have a bunch of small meetup places and some way to communicate.

Target? That is a great idea, we will all meet at our local Target store.

SilenceDewgooder
03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
My town doesn't have a Target

Athan
03-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Just planning ahead.... Utah seems like the most likely place.
Also get region specific ralley points and potential bases set up. Nothing crazy, just "Guys, meet up here. Its a great meeting place where we can go over planning and etc."

Start forming militias now and practice team work. Just in case. Then if you decide you NEED to bug out, you'll finally have team/group coordination already in place.

heavenlyboy34
03-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Target? That is a great idea, we will all meet at our local Target store.
lolz...small t target.
tar·get [tahr-git] Show IPA
noun1.an object (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/object), usually marked with concentric circles, to be aimed at in shooting practice or contests.

2.any object used for this purpose.

3.anything fired at.

heavenlyboy34
03-04-2013, 01:48 PM
My mothers basement!!!
Is it bomb-proof?

Athan
03-04-2013, 01:51 PM
You make some great points. I think the problem is that none of the 5 points you mentioned have really hit home for the average person yet...

Blah blah blah. He is nevertheless correct. Don't worry about average people realizing the obvious. Average people are going to be the ones suffering because they didn't wake up fast enough. Start getting organized now. Not talking about it, but finding Ron Paul people, getting a plan together, go over contingencies, develop team work for security/defense skills. NOW is the time to get off your ass, in the future you may need to get off your ass to get politically involved. Enjoy the time now to prep, establish communicaitons, and establish your security.

Matthew5
03-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Also get region specific ralley points and potential bases set up. Nothing crazy, just "Guys, meet up here. Its a great meeting place where we can go over planning and etc."

Start forming militias now and practice team work. Just in case. Then if you decide you NEED to bug out, you'll finally have team/group coordination already in place.

Aren't militias considered domestic terrorists now? I read where Oklahoma lawmakers were likening militia recruitment to gangs and should be treated as such.

Athan
03-04-2013, 03:49 PM
You got to be ****ing kidding me with the fear mongering propaganda you're believe in.

Look, forming a local milita with local friends doesn't mean shit to anyone who has no business with you. You aren't going to be doing nothing criminal to begin with right? Well guess what we have the right to peacefully assemble. Read the first ammendment "or the right of the people peaceably to assemble" is in there.

Security and self defense in your community needs to be YOUR responsibility in the event of a natural disaster. Don't advertise and buy TV ads to recruit if your scared, I get it and I agree with that. It may attract bad attention from people who are violent or hostile to your group. But it is no longer an age where we can just sit back and let the mall ninja's be the only one who are taking some self responsibily for knowing how to defend themselves or their community.

Regardless of what some idiots who don't know the difference between a currency and money is there IS a potential and REAL possibility for an economic collapse and severe social unrest. Do you REALLY want to be the guy without the gun or the team support? If you do, well your good as fucked in a bad situation in my book.

Tod
03-04-2013, 05:03 PM

Code letters: RPF :D

I just wish I had had enough money to actually get the weapons and ammo I wanted, and the training to go with it. And that I were 20-25 instead of 50+ with a gut. I've fired a pistol before, and it ain't a pretty sight. Barn doors can relax. Now with a rifle, I'm better, but definitely not sniper material.

At least I live in a fairly rural area; maybe they will just leave me alone. :rolleyes:

Matthew5
03-04-2013, 05:12 PM
You got to be ****ing kidding me with the fear mongering propaganda you're believe in...

Never said I did...was merely trying to have a conversation about additional difficulties one might face with such an endeavor.

tod evans
03-04-2013, 05:13 PM
There ain't nuthin' here in the Ozarks...........Nuthin' I say!

We have private liberty clubs in NH.

If you want to know the best places to be in, according to Strategic Relocation ( the book and the movie), ID or UT outside of the Salt Lake City area is best. If you are in the Midsouth, consider the Ozarks. If you are in Southeast, consider Middle TN east of Nashiville. In the Northeast head towards Northern New England.

heavenlyboy34
03-04-2013, 05:32 PM
There ain't nuthin' here in the Ozarks...........Nuthin' I say!
First rule of Fight Club-don't talk about Fight Club. ;) :cool:

anaconda
03-04-2013, 05:51 PM

Just what that tight little community of 30,000 wants: People from the cities descending on them..

MelissaWV
03-04-2013, 06:07 PM
A tree. Figure out which one.

...seriously. Why would I want to meet up with a large number of people I've never met before, who display a bit of anxiety and panic, and who have not defined the conditions under which we would meet? Why would I immortalize this silly decision online where, if you're really this paranoid, people are constantly scanning? Why would I want to clump together with like-minded people to make it easier to control/kill us?

And why does the OP want to know?

Athan
03-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Never said I did...was merely trying to have a conversation about additional difficulties one might face with such an endeavor.

Then we need to work through them, around them, or bypass them all together. The Constitution is still the supreme law of the land.

UWDude
03-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Certainly not in public parks.
Occupy demonstrated that.
Public parks are for cotton candy machines and merry-go-rounds, complete with corporate sponsors aka advertisements.
Public Parks are not for political speech or open markets.

Tod
03-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Public parks are for cotton candy machines and merry-go-rounds, complete with corporate sponsors aka advertisements.

Neither are private residences, as shown by the guy who was not allowed to have a bible study at his house.

UWDude
03-04-2013, 06:17 PM

Well guess what we have the right to peacefully assemble.

Good luck practicing on private land for what would be battles on land that doesn't belong to you.

Or go down, one by one. Suicide, killing your family, and your dog, through your left temple with your right hand.

opal
03-04-2013, 06:31 PM
the town closest to us has U.S Census estimates of 2010, a population of 18,987 and that's roughly 10 miles away. Granted there has been a rather large influx of active duty military to the area in the last 3 years but not enough to get to 30K since most of them are not landing in town.. but further south and on the bases. I think we're almost rural enough to be mostly left alone except there's a damn cop living on the road a mile or so away..

Matthew5
03-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Just what that tight little community of 30,000 wants: People from the cities descending on them..

Shhh, VIPs only on the fleeing to rural areas plan. ;)

DamianTV
03-04-2013, 08:46 PM

The tree that the Ugly Stick fell out of? Well, I already found the stick a long time ago...

Carson
03-04-2013, 08:52 PM

...seriously. Why would I want to meet up with a large number of people I've never met before, who display a bit of anxiety and panic, and who have not defined the conditions under which we would meet? Why would I immortalize this silly decision online where, if you're really this paranoid, people are constantly scanning? Why would I want to clump together with like-minded people to make it easier to control/kill us?

And why does the OP want to know?

Been hitting the fan for some time now.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/ronpaul/websize/snaggedfromjct74.jpg

TomtheTinker
03-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Is it bomb-proof?

No but I have a ten year supply of Pepsi, super Nintendo games and Ron Paul bumper stickers.

Brian4Liberty
03-04-2013, 09:17 PM
If the shit hits the fan, where are we all meeting?

Behind the fan?

WarAnonymous
03-04-2013, 10:58 PM
RonPaulForums.com, then to a FEMA Camp, then to Hell!

Cool! What are you drinking? I'll buy your first shot.

--When in hell we'll do shots at the bar.

Origanalist
03-04-2013, 11:08 PM

DON'T ANNOUNCE.

DON'T BRAG.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.