PDA

View Full Version : The more I think about, the more I think we are winning

Gumba of Liberty
03-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Day in day out, this government is getting out of hand. The DHS is purchasing billions in ammunition. The TSA is molesting people at airports. Police departments are outfitted like paramilitary units performing raids and running "drills" without notice in major cities. The Federal Code is growing by the day. Increasingly organic, natural ways of life are becoming illegal (drinking raw milk, growing food, catching rain water). The "justice system" locks up more victim-less "criminals" than any other country (tax farm) on Earth. Up is down, black is white, war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength. If you look at whats happening on its face it can get quite depressing.

I think too many people in the liberty movement stop right here. People tend to get depressed and feel helpless. They shut down and give up. We need to move past this. This is how the government wants you to feel. They want you to fear their power, obey their commands, and shut your mouths.

Right now the government is cracking down. It can be scary when a government turns on its own citizens. The government is going into crisis mode.

With that said I have never been more positive. Never in my life have more people hated and distrusted their own governments. The people (both in the US and worldwide) are beginning to wake up. The nationalism that swept the nation after 9-11 is dying (if its not dead already). The internet is a dramatic change and the government can't control the narrative anymore. They did not see this coming. This is our chance. The window is open but it will not be there forever. We need to act right now. Remember, they want you to fear them. They want you to freeze when you need to make moves.

Fear is not going to help you. They want us scared of them because they are completely terrified of us. The "scarier" the government becomes the closer to victory we get because it makes it that much easier for people to see the true nature of the State.

This is not the time to fear the government. It is time to mock them.

The only way to win this war is to mock the government at every turn. Quotes, t-shirts, billboards, TV shows, movies, art, music, comedians, etc. we need all of it. If the people of the world start to laugh at their governments they have no recourse. Anything they would do to fight back (short of Holocaust Part II) would simply result in more laughter and less legitimacy.

I would love to talk about how in theory this would work but we do enough of that on this forum. Instead, this time, I want action. Anyone have any ideas or concepts that we could use to expose the State to the masses?

As they begin to crackdown they are making themselves look like fools, I don't know anyone whose happy with the government right now, but I think we could help them out a little bit. Anyone have any ideas?

Lucille
03-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.
--Mark Twain

One could start at the local level, and go to city council sessions, and laugh in their faces when they propose something idiotic. Then work your way up. (If only we could get the presstitutes to laugh in the faces of so many pols in Washington, who are probably far more deserving and idiotic than local ones.)

Gumba of Liberty
03-03-2013, 08:27 PM
--Mark Twain

One could start at the local level, and go to city council sessions, and laugh in their faces when they propose something idiotic. Then work your way up. (If only we could get the presstitutes to laugh in the faces of so many pols in Washington, who are probably far more deserving and idiotic than local ones.)

I think liberty has to become pop culture.

I have some ideas for T-Shirts, bumper stickers, flags, stamps.

H.L. Menken is awesome. I'd love to get some of his quotes in some cool text on a bumber sticker or T-Shirt:

A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar.

Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses.

The only good bureaucrat is one with a pistol at his head. Put it in his hand and it's good-bye to the Bill of Rights.

Demagogue: one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.

Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods.

The kind of man who wants the government to adopt and enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic.

seapilot
03-03-2013, 10:27 PM
One of my favorite bumper stickers,

http://thmb.inkfrog.com/thumbn/easyonlineauctions/trust-government.jpg=450

Michigan11
03-04-2013, 01:18 AM
Some great posts in this thread. We as RP supporters have definitely changed the course of events and should all give each other a smack on the back and do a drink of our choosing for putting time and money into doing. It appears we are digging up the rabbits hole and the further we progress the more opportunities appear to do. I think we will be lucky to win the war peacefully and should take this journey as a life changing event we pursue if that makes sense.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-04-2013, 04:37 AM
--Mark Twain

The problem is we aren't governing on the local level and, when we do, they are all lawyers. Lawyers don't go to school nowadays to get educated, but to get empowered. The powers they delve in are false ones.

bunklocoempire
03-04-2013, 04:52 AM
Moar effigies! And pikes!

http://s6.postimage.org/kr9tr5l2p/effigy.jpg

A New Hampshire Crowd hoists an effigy
of a stamp distributor on a pike,
effigies like this would likely
have been burned publicly next

Prominence
03-04-2013, 08:20 AM
The problem is we aren't governing on the local level and, when we do, they are all lawyers. Lawyers don't go to school nowadays to get educated, but to get empowered. The powers they delve in are false ones.

That's not fair to generalize like that. All lawyers are not bad and many are in front of judges fighting for our constitutional rights everyday. At least speaking for myself as a law student, my motivation is to get educated and take on the fight on the legal front against this police state.

noneedtoaggress
03-04-2013, 08:22 AM
http://o.onionstatic.com/images/21/21194/16x9/350.jpg?5121 (http://www.theonion.com)

cjm
03-04-2013, 09:25 AM
I think liberty has to become pop culture.

I have some ideas for T-Shirts, bumper stickers, flags, stamps.

H.L. Menken is awesome. I'd love to get some of his quotes in some cool text on a bumber sticker or T-Shirt:

A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar.

Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses.

The only good bureaucrat is one with a pistol at his head. Put it in his hand and it's good-bye to the Bill of Rights.

Demagogue: one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.

Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods.

The kind of man who wants the government to adopt and enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic.

More here: http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/H._L._Mencken

One of my favorites is, "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-04-2013, 06:24 PM
That's not fair to generalize like that. All lawyers are not bad and many are in front of judges fighting for our constitutional rights everyday. At least speaking for myself as a law student, my motivation is to get educated and take on the fight on the legal front against this police state.

Fair? Man, the can of worms has become so incredibly deep, I just don't even know where to begin to respond. All I can say is, in history, there has only been one great lawyer. That would have been Gandhi who quit the legal business to tend to goats as a simple goatherd.

Gumba of Liberty
03-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Fair? Man, the can of worms has become so incredibly deep, I just don't even know where to begin to respond. All I can say is, in history, there has only been one great lawyer. That would have been Gandhi who quit the legal business to tend to goats as a simple goatherd.

The need for Attorneys and Accountants are (for the most part) creations of government. Most intelligent individuals could argue their own case in a courtroom operating under Natural Law. Most intelligent entrepreneurs could maintain their own books or delegate that responsibility to a financial manager rather than spend money solely on a number-crunching accountant. With that said and understood, I hate both professions with undying passion.

acptulsa
03-04-2013, 11:25 PM
'Every time a lawyer writes something, he is not writing for posterity, he is writing so that endless others of his craft can make a living out of trying to figure out what he said.'--Will Rogers

That said, I wish we'd stop hijacking this excellent thread.

This is exactly why I started the thread all these quotes are from years ago when I was a newbie. Just click on any of the little arrows to look the thread over. I respectfully submit it contains at least a hundred excellent quips that we could use to good effect.

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." -- Will Rogers

Mencken himself would, I think, approve...

"Come on now, Henry. You know that nobody with any sense ever took any of my gags seriously."--Will Rogers

"They are taken seriously by nobody except half-wits; in other words, by approximately 85 percent of the voting population."--H.L. Mencken

You've got to admit that, for someone who died over seventy-five years ago, he's awfully timely and up-to-date.

'You could transfer the Senate and Congress over to run the Standard Oil, or General Motors, and they would have both things bankrupt in two years.'--Will Rogers

You can't say he didn't foresee Ron Paul.

'Personally I think this is the right year for a good man to be defeated in.'--Will Rogers

You can't say that if people had paid more attention to him over the years, we wouldn't have to be here fighting this fight.

'If every man was left absolutely to his own method of righting his own affairs, why, a big majority would get it done. But he can't do that. The government has not only hundreds but literally thousands in Washington to see that no man can personally attend to his own business.'--Will Rogers

And you sure can't argue that he had no idea what we libertarians are up against.

'When a meeting ain't running right, why, the thing to do is to adjourn, reorganize, and meet some time when the ones that are against you don't know you are going to meet.'--Will Rogers

I think we're winning, too. I think Reagan proved you're right, Gumba, about humor being a very useful weapon. And I think...

"About all I can say for the United States Senate is that it opens with a prayer and closes with an investigation." -- Will Rogers

Amen.

Aeroneous
03-05-2013, 12:22 AM
The need for Attorneys and Accountants are (for the most part) creations of government. Most intelligent individuals could argue their own case in a courtroom operating under Natural Law. Most intelligent entrepreneurs could maintain their own books or delegate that responsibility to a financial manager rather than spend money solely on a number-crunching accountant. With that said and understood, I hate both professions with undying passion.

There's a lot more to Accounting than just reporting to the IRS. A lot more. If you can't effectively manage the finances of your business (Accounting) then your business won't get very far. The government has definitely manipulated Accounting practices (GAAP) but it certainly isn't the sole reason for its existence. Being able to forecast, adjust for variances, balance accounts, calculate cash flows, understand liquidity of assets, measure liabilities, etc., is all part of running a business.

kcchiefs6465
03-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the positive thread.

Plus rep.

Athan
03-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Moar effigies! And pikes!

http://s6.postimage.org/kr9tr5l2p/effigy.jpg

When schools do their bonfires, have some effigy's of politicians ready. Feinstein, Obama, Bush, Cheney, "Senator", and SCOTUS Member. Toss them in.

Gumba of Liberty
03-05-2013, 05:32 PM
That said, I wish we'd stop hijacking this excellent thread.

This is exactly why I started the thread all these quotes are from years ago when I was a newbie. Just click on any of the little arrows to look the thread over. I respectfully submit it contains at least a hundred excellent quips that we could use to good effect.

Mencken himself would, I think, approve...

You've got to admit that, for someone who died over seventy-five years ago, he's awfully timely and up-to-date.

You can't say he didn't foresee Ron Paul.

You can't say that if people had paid more attention to him over the years, we wouldn't have to be here fighting this fight.

And you sure can't argue that he had no idea what we libertarians are up against.

I think we're winning, too. I think Reagan proved you're right, Gumba, about humor being a very useful weapon. And I think...

Amen.

We need these on T-Shirts. Anyone know someone in graphics design?

Lucille
03-15-2013, 09:00 AM
"Any one who has been continuously wrong for twelve years is just wasting his time outside our national capital."
--Isabel Paterson

“The most natural response to the overwhelming arrogance of worldly power is laughter. How else should we react to the pretensions of a walking, talking godless bag of dust, that is here one day and gone the next? Something that did not have the power to create itself, and is animated only by forces that are well beyond its understanding? It is as if the mud were to rise up, and proclaim its eminent domain over all creation, even as it dries up in the sun, and blows away.”
--Jesse (http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=51023)

thoughtomator
03-15-2013, 09:39 AM
There's a lot more to Accounting than just reporting to the IRS. A lot more. If you can't effectively manage the finances of your business (Accounting) then your business won't get very far. The government has definitely manipulated Accounting practices (GAAP) but it certainly isn't the sole reason for its existence. Being able to forecast, adjust for variances, balance accounts, calculate cash flows, understand liquidity of assets, measure liabilities, etc., is all part of running a business.

The government does put these things out of reach for a generally capable person who would be able to competently handle the lesser burden of accounting merely for his business, and not for the government being all up in his business.

presence
03-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Come on people now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw_3yUe_6D8

“Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era — the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run . . . but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . . .

History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of “history” it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time — and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

My central memory of that time seems to hang on one or five or maybe forty nights — or very early mornings — when I left the Fillmore half-crazy and, instead of going home, aimed the big 650 Lightning across the Bay Bridge at a hundred miles an hour wearing L. L. Bean shorts and a Butte sheepherder’s jacket . . . booming through the Treasure Island tunnel at the lights of Oakland and Berkeley and Richmond, not quite sure which turn-off to take when I got to the other end (always stalling at the toll-gate, too twisted to find neutral while I fumbled for change) . . . but being absolutely certain that no matter which way I went I would come to a place where people were just as high and wild as I was: No doubt at all about that. . . .

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Bay, then up the Golden Gate or down 101 to Los Altos or La Honda. . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

And that, I think, was the handle—

that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil.
Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that.
Our energy would simply prevail.

There was no point in fighting — on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark — that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAwzL8HepqE