PDA

View Full Version : OK, one more...

Anti Federalist
11-23-2007, 01:00 PM
One more Tea Party thread.

I was out talking to some people today, doing a little one on one campaigning, and many of these people had heard about Ron Paul through the media (good or bad) reports surrounding the 5th of November event.

Look, I'm not going to get into the "Campaign vs. the grassroots" or the "move the date - keep the date - make another date" arguments. Mostly moot at this point.

I just wanted to say this:

The amount of press that would be generated by an all time fund raising record done in one day would be priceless.

It would make people stand up and take notice.

It would draw in the "I like him but he can't win crowd" with a sense that they were joining the winning team and "coming in for the big win".

Every person I talked to said that "money drives politics" and when I explained that RP did not take matching funds, has no corporate donors, that the fund raising bomb on the 5th was done with individual donors contributing about $100 per person, they were impressed and intrigued.

Look, do what you think is best with your money, but I cannot think of a better way, on a more historically perfect day, to provide a rocket propelled boost into the campaign, just weeks before the NH primary, than this one.

TechnoGuyRob
11-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Next time, ask them if they want to be a part of history, and tell them there's going to be one twice as big on the 16th. :)

Anti Federalist
11-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Next time, ask them if they want to be a part of history, and tell them there's going to be one twice as big on the 16th. :)

Yar, that's about what I did tell them.:D

Anti Federalist
11-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey, how about that?

First in the new pool.:D

Sematary
11-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Well said. I gotta tell you though - I'm tired of the drama. I just want to work on getting RP elected.

Anti Federalist
11-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Semetary wrote:

Well said. I gotta tell you though - I'm tired of the drama. I just want to work on getting RP elected.

True, so do I. Itching voter finger for the 8th.

But I suppose the drama is all part of the trouble.

That's why I was even hesitant to post that.

Then again, we think we have it tough, with all the picking of nits and alarums, think of what Ron's going through.

sedele
11-23-2007, 05:57 PM
I agree.

I have been mentioning the Nov. 5th and in stark contrast, Obama's failure at the money bomb whenever I mention Ron Paul to someone who has never heard of him. When they hear that we broke a fudraising record, their eyes always get wide and they are interested in hearing more.

Nobody can say he does not have a chance when you cite these facts.