PDA

View Full Version : Oppose Continuing Resolution...Vote to come THIS WEEK!

Spoa
03-03-2013, 02:22 PM
This was posted on RedState:

House & Senate Republicans Set to Endorse and Fund Obamacare
By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | March 1st, 2013 at 04:30 AM | 55

RESIZE: AAA
You want to know why the left is more successful at politics? They are willing to move heaven and earth to create new dependency programs, despite the electoral risks. They understand that once the program is implemented, Republicans will never have the guts to undo it. And they are correct. Even some of our best conservatives lack the gumption to do what it takes to eliminate the worst program of all time – Obamacare.

In fact, House conservatives, not just the general rank and file Republicans, appear set to endorse Obamacare and approve its funding. Yes, even former Republican Study Committee (“RSC”) Chairmen Jeb Hensarling, Tom Price, and Jim Jordan along with present RSC Chairman Steve Scalise will do so, but I’m sure ACU will give them sufficiently high “conservative” scores to hide behind like they did with Mitch McConnell.

It’s ironic to watch some of the real conservatives and a lot of the so-called conservatives get excited about the prospect of producing a balanced budget with healthcare entitlement reform. Do these people really think we will be able to reform Medicare, which is a wildly popular program, when they lack the testicular fortitude to pull the trigger on Obamacare – a program that is still unpopular?

Republicans promised to defund Obamacare. They lied. Now we are at the end of the rope. If we don’t engage in a fight to the death over funding for Obamacare, it will forever be enshrined in the welfare state; it will forever relegate us to lethargic growth; it will forever make private healthcare unaffordable.

No – this is not one of those issues we shrug off and surrender due to an election. This is a fight we cannot lose because a majority of Americans still oppose Obamacare. This is a fight we must not lose or we’ll be talking in 20 years from now how to muster the courage to implement minuscule reforms to this behemoth, the same way we are talking now about Medicare.

Next week, the House will be voting on the CR to fund the government for the rest of the fiscal year. This is our last best chance to defund this thing and ensure it never takes root. There’s nothing more important to force a fight over than Obamacare. The fight over the sequester is already over. Take yes for an answer and move on.

Unlike some of the frauds in Congress these days and some real conservatives who have lost their testicular fortitude to fight, Reps. Jim Bridenstine (OK) and Tim Huelskamp (KS) actually take their campaign pledges seriously. They actually understand we are in a pitched battle for the future of the country, and they know the stakes of losing that battle. They have circulated a letter calling on Boehner to block all funding for Obamacare in the CR. (http://www.redstate.com/files/2013/02/Defund-Obamacare-Letter.pdf)

Now we will find out who is down for the struggle. Call your Republican members of Congress and ask them if they plan to sign this letter or if they’d like to participate in the decline of our country.

Republicans in the House are going to pass a continuing resolution in which they will endorse Obamacare and its funding. That is a fact. Congressmen like Jim Jordan (OH), Tom Graves (GA), Marsha Blackburn (TN), Mick Mulvaney (SC), Tom Cotton (AR), Raul Labrador (ID) and so many others conservatives will probably vote for the rule to ensure the continuing resolution passes, then vote against it on the floor to claim they really did not endorse Obamacare.

But they will have enabled it and ensured it passed and Republicans in Congress will have ensured Obamacare never goes away. They will, like with the Violence Against Women Act, talk out of both sides of their mouths and hope you ignore one vote and believe another.

The only way to stop them is to raise unmitigated hell immediately. Call your Republican members of Congress now. (http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/ttd.aspx)

As conservatives, libertarians, or people concerned about the next generation, we must urge our reps/senators to OPPOSE the CR this week if it fails to defund Obamacare and doesn't cut spending.

For Twitter users: Please participate in the Twitter bomb that will be held throughout this week to urge Congressmen/Senators to oppose the CR without defunding Obamacare. Tweet to congressmen/senators using the #WeWantCutsNow ! (I will retweet your tweets).

FSP-Rebel
03-03-2013, 02:47 PM
WTF are Mulvaney, Labrador, Graves and Jordan in on this for:confused:

Spoa
03-03-2013, 02:50 PM
WTF are Mulvaney, Labrador, Graves and Jordan in on this for:confused:

They say that this is the "best they can get". I remember hearing that same argument from Boehner when he was compromising with President Obama..."this is the best I can get".

There is still time to change their minds. Tweet them, facebook them, e-mail and call them and urge them to join with Reps. Huelskamp and Bridenstine!

Spoa
03-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Judson Phillips (who I know some here don't like) wrote an incredible piece on The GOP's plan to surrender: http://www.teapartynation.com/forum/topics/the-party-that-cannot-stand-victory?id=3355873%3ATopic%3A2456182&page=2#comments

This is a must-read even if you don't like him. Here is a key part of the write-up:

When history is written about this time, many historians who write about the decline and fall of America will wonder why, when the Republicans had the chance to stop Obama and save the nation, they chose to surrender.

sailingaway
03-03-2013, 07:33 PM
I have no Republican members of congress, but I will let the reps I do have know in advance that I disapprove of the way I know they will vote....

Spoa
03-03-2013, 08:03 PM
I have no Republican members of congress, but I will let the reps I do have know in advance that I disapprove of the way I know they will vote....

If they are Democrats, they will likely oppose the continuing resolution. You should encourage them to vote "no" (although I know they'll vote "no" for the wrong reasons).

Spoa
03-05-2013, 06:22 PM
House Rules Cmte. Approved the Rules (It is a closed rule).

Conservatives must oppose the rule!

itshappening
03-05-2013, 06:36 PM
They should fight it but they won't. They've been promised some 10 year budget by Boehner in exchange for their votes.

Just like the last vote on suspending the debt ceiling. The government borrowed $250bn last month and the debt is increasing all the time. Each time they could put a stop to it but they refuse to do so on promises by Boehner and whatever those promises are will not be enough to slow down spending. All Boehner is doing is enabling the government by funding it through debt. His job is not to fight for anything but to fund Obama and his agenda with Democrat votes if necessary. That's all he does and will continue to do even if it means he has to sell out his own members. It's pretty disgusting. There is no point in them having the majority in Congress if all they're going to do is rubber stamp whatever the Administration wants.

Spoa
03-05-2013, 06:38 PM
They should fight it but they won't. They've been promised some 10 year budget by Boehner in exchange for their votes.

I hope they don't fall for Boehner's promise. Even if they do get a 10 year budget, the likelihood of it passing the Senate is almost none. And Obamacare kicks in THIS YEAR! This is the last chance for conservatives to stop it, and tomorrow, we will see which Republicans are the real conservatives.

http://www.redstate.com/spoasteph97/2013/03/05/conservatives-must-oppose-the-rule-on-the-continuing-resolution/

itshappening
03-05-2013, 06:43 PM
I hope they don't fall for Boehner's promise. Even if they do get a 10 year budget, the likelihood of it passing the Senate is almost none. And Obamacare kicks in THIS YEAR! This is the last chance for conservatives to stop it, and tomorrow, we will see which Republicans are the real conservatives.

http://www.redstate.com/spoasteph97/2013/03/05/conservatives-must-oppose-the-rule-on-the-continuing-resolution/

Yeah, the budget will fail and we'll be here again in September with another resolution probably to keep everything funded until after the 2014 election and if the conservatives refuse to back it Boehner will just pass it with the Democrat votes. He's done it 3 times this year and will just keep doing it and keep on taking on trillions in debt to fund Obama's agenda until he's removed.

It's a real problem but they had a chance to remove him in January.

Boehner's job is just to keep funding all this nonsense and keep the show on the road for as long as possible for the benefit of the various lobbyists who are stealing tax dollars. He has no interest in fighting for anything. He probably doesn't care about the outcome of the election in 2014. He has to be removed before he does more damage.