PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul banned in DC

tangent4ronpaul
03-03-2013, 01:49 PM
http://reason.com/reasontv/2013/02/28/ron-paul-banned-from-dc-roommates-banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DABbtSxnjXE

Maybe in hindsight it was inevitable: Ron Paul has been banned from Washington, DC! (The personalized license plate that bears his name, that is.)

A Freedom of Information Act request from GovernmentAttic.org, has yielded a hilariously infuriating 68-page list of vanity plates banned by Washington, DC's DMV. In the list you'll find everything from sexual innuendos (including nearly 2000 variations of the number "69") to calls for "LSSGOVT" and, of course, countless references to marijuana, from the obvious (POTHEAD) to the clever (POTOMAC).

But this time the Nanny of the Month comes to us from Watertown, New York, where the city council has banned roommates from residential neighborhoods (which would include everyone from unmarried couples to domestic partners and soldiers sharing a home).

Seems that a local woman named Deborah Cavallario wasn't keen on her neighbor living with his fiance and two friends, so she persuaded three out of five council members to zone away un-related roommates. (She insists it wasn't a "dirtbag" move.)

And you thought you got to say who stays under your roof! That rumble you hear is the sound of a thousand lawyers heading to this Empire State town.

-t

Petar
03-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Part of me wants to get a license plate that says PDOBEAR

alucard13mmfmj
03-03-2013, 01:56 PM
TALIBAN

Expatriate
03-03-2013, 02:01 PM
What would possess someone to put "POTHEAD" on their license plate considering the way police have been acting lately...

TheGrinch
03-03-2013, 02:03 PM
What would possess someone to put "POTHEAD" on their license plate considering the way police have been acting lately...

Sadly, you could probably say the same thing about a Ron Paul license plate in DC.

alucard13mmfmj
03-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Police: *sees license plate "POTHEAD"*. They must have drugs on them and is probable cause to search!

lol. I wonder how many times a person and his car would get searched over its lifetime with the license plate of POTHEAD.

tangent4ronpaul
03-03-2013, 02:06 PM
The best licence plate I've ever seen was on a bright lime green VW bug. It read EGSNHAM.

-t

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-03-2013, 02:06 PM

Probably safer than having the license plate "DORNER" on your pickup.

acptulsa
03-03-2013, 02:11 PM
The best licence plate I've ever seen was on a bright lime green VW bug. It read EGSNHAM.

-t

Best I ever saw was a while back when Jane Curtain and John Lithgow still had a sitcom on the air. The car was made by that short-lived new GM division that operated out of Tennessee, and the plate said 6TH-ROCK.

Heard of another good Volkswagen plate years ago, before they sold the Golf in the U.S. under the name Golf. Back then it was the Rabbit, and someone put a plate on a white one that said, ML8 ML8.

Johnnybags
03-05-2013, 10:32 AM
The word “FREEDOM” is among the list of banned vanity license plate slogans for Washington D.C., according a government file obtained by a Freedom of Information Request filed by the transparency website GovernmentAttic.org.

Other banned phrases include anti-tax messages such as "TAXKLLR" and "TAXRUS4" as well as any reference to the President of the United States such as “OBAMA,” “BARACK,” and “OBAMA44.″

“RONPAUL” is also banned.

green73
03-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Cool. This is on Drudge:

The word “FREEDOM” is among the list of banned vanity license plate slogans for Washington D.C., according a government file obtained by a Freedom of Information Request filed by the transparency website GovernmentAttic.org.

Other banned phrases include anti-tax messages such as "TAXKLLR" and "TAXRUS4" as well as any reference to the President of the United States such as “OBAMA,” “BARACK,” and “OBAMA44.″

“RONPAUL” is also banned.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/freedom-license-plate-banned-in-washington-d.c./article/2523271

sailingaway
03-05-2013, 10:35 AM
drudge, seriously? Of all the things about Ron they could put up there?

I think Matt misses him.

Didn't know Obama was also banned, though.