PDA

View Full Version : Olympus Has Fallen

DGambler
03-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Saw this trailer the other night, from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympus_Has_Fallen), the premise is:

When the White House (Secret Service Code: "Olympus") is captured by a terrorist mastermind and the President is kidnapped, disgraced Secret Service Agent Mike Banning finds himself trapped within the building. As the national security team scrambles to respond, they are forced to rely on Banning's inside knowledge to help retake the White House, save the President, and avert an even bigger disaster.

What do you want to bet that the "terrorist" ends up being a "domestic terrorist" that is part of a militia movement? I think the Asian man is a red herring as far as the trailer goes to get people to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWnt2exFm1o

otherone
03-03-2013, 08:41 AM
I was watching a "Justice League" cartoon on netflix last week (real babe magnet), and a nouveau-revolutionary war militia group was portrayed as an enemy.
Now that Bin Laden is dead, the MIC needs to point it's swollen member at something....I wonder if the CIA is behind your movie...

Cleaner44
03-03-2013, 09:12 AM
If the "terrorist" is an American, this is where we start smashing the propaganda machine with their own work. We the people will decide what to make of the whole domestic terrorist propaganda push and we can turn it on its head just like Joan the Silencer. The central planners can't control the memes that are born from their stupid efforts. We can create a situation where movies that are based on domestic terrorists are considered horrible and where people that push fear of domestic terrorists are considered idiots.

Origanalist
03-03-2013, 09:22 AM
If the "terrorist" is an American, this is where we start smashing the propaganda machine with their own work. We the people will decide what to make of the whole domestic terrorist propaganda push and we can turn it on its head just like Joan the Silencer. The central planners can't control the memes that are born from their stupid efforts. We can create a situation where movies that are based on domestic terrorists are considered horrible and where people that push fear of domestic terrorists are considered idiots.

http://rt.com/files/usa/news/women-children-target-practice-623/reasoncom-images.si.jpg

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/february2013/190213target2.jpg

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/february2013/190213target4.jpg

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/february2013/190213target5.jpg

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/february2013/190213target6.jpg

thoughtomator
03-03-2013, 09:29 AM
My first thought upon having heard of this was "pre-conditioning for planned false flag attack"

DGambler
03-03-2013, 09:32 AM
My first thought upon having heard of this was "pre-conditioning for planned false flag attack"

I bet they declare martial law in the movie as well.

Lucille
03-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Here's a longer article on it, via wiki:

http://www.iamrogue.com/news/columns/item/8088-iar-mixing-stage-visit-olympus-has-fallen.html

“We spent a lot of time discussing with people in Washington who will remain anonymous, how would you really attack the White House? That is what appealed to me when I first read the script, and I thought, that is kind of fun and we need to scare the shit out of Washington,” the director continued. “Because in New York we dropped our guard so now since 9/11 you believe that we can be vulnerable to this type of thing. If someone was smart enough to use our tools and our freedom against us, they can get in and do what they want. There is a quote we always say that you might see on a poster or something down the line: it’s not a matter of IF … it’s a matter of WHEN. It’s a balance because it is supposed to be fun and it is a “take over the White House” movie but I wanted to make it feel authentic. I wanted you to believe this could happen, and I want you to think about that.”

The director was then asked if he has plans to test the film in Washington D.C. and how he thinks it will play in the nation’s capitol. “We tested it already and it scored in the eighties (out of one hundred).
[...]
In the film, North Korean terrorists are depicted as the bad guys and they actually attack us the day after the 4th of July, so I asked the director if there was any debate over what country affiliation the villains should have. “The Middle East has been done. You know that story. We’ve dealt with that. It seems to me, and we talked about this a lot, North Korea is the black spot on the globe. There is the least known about the country. They don’t let anybody in, and they don’t let cameras in. It’s a dangerous place and it’s so close to South Korea, it’s right at the border. Part of the thing we deal with in our movie is the Seventh Fleet, which is there to keep the peace and make sure North Korea stays in place. I felt like it was a very contemporary villain, if you will. It feels like it’s a place where you could see a villain coming from.”
[...]
The director also elaborated on the villain that Rick Yune plays and his motivations in the film. “In the movie, Rick Yune’s character is a terrorist and he pretends to be the security for the Prime Minister of South Korea. He worked his way to become Head of Security but he’s factually from North Korea,” Fuqua explained. “He’s a terrorist that we haven’t been able to find for years, no one’s ever seen him. So he blends in and comes into the White House for a meeting that the President’s having with the Prime Minister regarding North Korea’s nuclear threats. They use the C-130 as a diversion, because that’s what forces the President down into the PEOC (Presidential Emergency Operations Center), and once they get in the PEOC, they have a plan. He wants the nuclear codes to our silos, which is why he is torturing (the President), and eventually he wants to create a nuclear chaos here in the U.S., to create death and mayhem and for us to suffer.”
[...]
Finally, I had a chance to ask Fuqua about the elephant in the room … White House Down. I asked the director if it is difficult as a filmmaker when you are working hard on a movie and you then realize that there is another similar project scheduled to be released just a few months later. “Well, ours is coming out first,” laughed Fuqua. “But I did have to prep this in just six weeks. I wish the best for everybody. I think there’s room (for both movies). Roland (Emmerich) and I are completely different filmmakers, good or bad. Jamie (Foxx) is a buddy of mine so they’ll have some fun. But they have way more money, and I think they’re still spending money. I wish I had that money,” he joked again. “But we’re the smaller version of it. As you will see, once I get all the visual effects right, it has scale. I think we managed to pull that off and we’re definitely going to have stronger actors. I’ve played sports my whole life, so I want to kick his ass,” he admitted. “I don’t want to lose, and I don’t want to see him do bad, but … I don’t want to lose. I haven’t seen their movie but I do wish the best for them.”

White House Down (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Down) sounds like it's the one with the domestic terrorists.

DGambler
03-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Two of the White House has fallen movies in the same year? Fishy.

No Free Beer
03-03-2013, 10:17 AM
HAHAHAHAH

This movie looks awful.

Tod
03-03-2013, 10:23 AM
lol..............he is "EX special forces" as though that is quantum step in skill above "special forces"

Tod
03-03-2013, 10:23 AM
what was the other one?

DGambler
03-03-2013, 08:41 PM
what was the other one?

White House Down (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Down) sounds like it's the one with the domestic terrorists.

IPSecure
03-03-2013, 09:09 PM

What we need is a movie called "White House Up". A movie about Ron Paul taking the presidency, where peace and prosperity breaks out world-wide...

gwax23
03-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Keep seeing the stupid commercial on Hulu. Looks like a stupid, unrealistic, propoganda movie. Typical crappy action/america rules shit thats been done a thousand times only this time its taking it to new levels of stupid. I expect bad acting, plot holes, continuity issues, and all around blah.

Its gonna be used to convince millions of dumb americans we need a few trillion more to be spent on defense so no implausible situation where terrorists take over the white house happens. Because the trillions now wasnt enough to prevent that.

Brian4Liberty
03-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Sounds like an old episode of 24.

J_White
03-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Two of the White House has fallen movies in the same year? Fishy.
true that !

phill4paul
03-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Teh Hutaree responsible. Obviously.

Philhelm
03-03-2013, 11:55 PM
If someone was smart enough to use our tools and our freedom against us, they can get in and do what they want.

In other words, being "free" is dangerous. I guess we're all safe now.

Slutter McGee
03-04-2013, 12:00 AM
rip off of Vince Flynn's crappy books.

Slutter McGee

mczerone
03-18-2013, 01:09 AM
Preface: I don't wish for violence to befall anyone, even the residents of the White House.

I can't help but laugh at watching these trailers - oh no! the phallic tip of the Washington memorial fell off! Omergurd! How can I go about living my life?!? The left wing of the White house is on FIRE! I hope they had insurance! My house is still okay though, I think.

This movie, and apparently the other one about the White House being the target of some violence just goes to show how much the mass of Americans have internalized the govt as part of their psyche. They project their own life onto these iconic buildings, and an attack on them resonates as a personal experience.

For me, I might break my rule of "no going to theaters" for this movie - just to laugh at inappropriate times and observe how the crowd thinks that a fire in a single pompous building somehow threatens their way of life (more than the building remaining in full functioning order).

bunklocoempire
03-18-2013, 02:09 AM
When the White House (Secret Service Code: "Olympus") is captured by a terrorist mastermind and the President is kidnapped, disgraced Secret Service Agent Mike Banning finds himself trapped within the building. As the national security team scrambles to respond, they are forced to rely on Banning's inside knowledge to help retake the White House, save the President, and avert an even bigger disaster.

Why? Did the film prez vote against TARP, snappily answer the drone question, denounce fiat currency and explain blowback?

Oh Hollywood, you kidder you.

anaconda
03-18-2013, 02:23 AM
Now that Bin Laden is dead, the MIC needs to point it's swollen member at something....I wonder if the CIA is behind your movie...

I'm sure Stephen Spielberg will lend them a hand with some form of unified-glorified-state/just-and-noble-war oriented project.

A Son of Liberty
03-18-2013, 05:01 AM
Preface: I don't wish for violence to befall anyone, even the residents of the White House.

I can't help but laugh at watching these trailers - oh no! the phallic tip of the Washington memorial fell off! Omergurd! How can I go about living my life?!? The left wing of the White house is on FIRE! I hope they had insurance! My house is still okay though, I think.

This movie, and apparently the other one about the White House being the target of some violence just goes to show how much the mass of Americans have internalized the govt as part of their psyche. They project their own life onto these iconic buildings, and an attack on them resonates as a personal experience.

For me, I might break my rule of "no going to theaters" for this movie - just to laugh at inappropriate times and observe how the crowd thinks that a fire in a single pompous building somehow threatens their way of life (more than the building remaining in full functioning order).

+rep!

Todd
03-27-2013, 09:44 AM
So verdict? Have not seen. Don't plan too in theatre, maybe DVD.

bolil
03-27-2013, 09:53 AM
Saw, don't waste money. Play scrabble for more excitement.

Kodaddy
03-27-2013, 09:56 AM
"It'll be 9/11 times one hundred"

"Why, that's 91,100"

chudrockz
03-27-2013, 10:13 AM
http://rt.com/files/usa/news/women-children-target-practice-623/reasoncom-images.si.jpg

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/february2013/190213target2.jpg

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/february2013/190213target4.jpg

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/february2013/190213target5.jpg

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/february2013/190213target6.jpg

That girl in the black shirt is HOT. She needs to work on shooting stance, however.

asurfaholic
03-27-2013, 10:17 AM
"It'll be 9/11 times one hundred"

"Why, that's 91,100"

Wut? Show your work please....

9/11 x 100 = 81.81818181

Brian4Liberty
03-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Saw, don't waste money. Play scrabble for more excitement.

So what was the propaganda angle? From the description so far, it sounds like it will be used to justify more police state activity.

bolil
03-27-2013, 10:46 AM
So what was the propaganda angle? From the description so far, it sounds like it will be used to justify more police state activity.

As with most motion pictures, there were several motifs. The open ones were: North Korea can hurt us, badly, as unlikely as it seems and that the State is nearly at war with South Korea. That the loss of South Korea would be catastrophic for the US. There were a couple of DHS name drops. There really interesting stuff was the use of symbols, an American flag torn by bullets as brave men shed their blood, and the scarlet of their attackers, in defense of 'Murica! (Which I should have started chanting in the theatre at this point). This was no police/surveillance state propaganda, this was full blown war stuff. But, North Korea? This movie indicates a shift coming in the target of the two minutes hate, from an Arabic or Persian phenotype to a Korean one.

If the soldiers in Red Dawn were North Korean, then get puckered.

Brian4Liberty
03-27-2013, 11:11 AM
As with most motion pictures, there were several motifs. The open ones were: North Korea can hurt us, badly, as unlikely as it seems and that the State is nearly at war with South Korea. That the loss of South Korea would be catastrophic for the US. There were a couple of DHS name drops. There really interesting stuff was the use of symbols, an American flag torn by bullets as brave men shed their blood, and the scarlet of their attackers, in defense of 'Murica! (Which I should have started chanting in the theatre at this point). This was no police/surveillance state propaganda, this was full blown war stuff. But, North Korea? This movie indicates a shift coming in the target of the two minutes hate, from an Arabic or Persian phenotype to a Korean one.

If the soldiers in Red Dawn were North Korean, then get puckered.

Ah. Sounds like analogies. They have tried as hard as possible to demonize Iran. It might be easier to demonize North Korea, and then equate and transfer that fear to Iran at the right moment. The Ministry of Truth can turn on a dime, and the fury of the ignorant masses can be redirected at will.

VoluntaryAmerican
03-27-2013, 12:48 PM
This sounds like the plot for Diehard... lone cop severely outnumbered behind enemy lines fighting terrorists.

EXCEPT:

Over the top Hollywood story.

Police-State overtones.

Basically a completely shit movie.

jllundqu
03-27-2013, 01:02 PM
I was watching a "Justice League" cartoon on netflix last week (real babe magnet), and a nouveau-revolutionary war militia group was portrayed as an enemy.

Tee hee.... swollen member +rep

Slutter McGee
03-27-2013, 03:05 PM
This sounds like the plot for Diehard... lone cop severely outnumbered behind enemy lines fighting terrorists.

EXCEPT:

Over the top Hollywood story.

Police-State overtones.

Basically a completely shit movie.

It must suck to be some of you guys. Of course it was over the top. Terrorists took over the whitehouse. And guess what, I got to enjoy some pretty sweet without having to make a rational or logical connection. It was nice.

There were no police state overtones. Patriotic overtones sure, but its a movie about terrorists taking over the white house. Of course then we have to analyze the terrorists, but since they would offend you nancys no matter where they were from, I guess we should have just made them thieves. Wait but that would have made even more of a Die Hard rip off.

Some of you probably hated Blazing saddles because of the fact that black people were rational, and white people were stupid racists, except for Gene Wilder...who is of course jewish.

But you know what, I laughed....Its my favorite movie, because I don't over analyze to the point of misery.

Sure political themes do at times bother me. Especially in hollywood political dramas. But I also have the capacity to enjoy stuff. You all should try it.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee