PDA

View Full Version : IN-US Marshal shoots leashed dog

Anti Federalist
03-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Police: No charges for U.S. Marshal who shot small dog

Owner says dog was on leash, in harness

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/police-no-charges-for-us-marshal-who-shot-small-dog#sthash.QerDLKiN.dpuf

FISHERS, Ind. - No charges will be filed against a U.S. Marshal who shot a dog, Fishers Police said.

Police said William Brown shot a small dog Tuesday in the Deer Brook Apartments complex, but investigators determined Brown acted in self-defense.

Officers were dispatched to the complex just before midnight Tuesday after receiving a call about shots fired in the area. Police said Brown also called to report he had shot a dog.

Brown told police that a barking dog charged him from behind a bush as he was walking from the parking lot to his apartment. Brown said he back peddled, but the dog continued to charge and try to bite him, so he shot at it, police said.

The dog's owner, Deborah Twitty, said her mother was taking Twitty's two dogs out for a walk when the shooting happened.

Twitty's mother, Patricia McConnell, said the dog who was shot, named Reese, was wearing a harness attached to a retractable leash.

McConnell said Reese ran around the corner of the apartment building and started barking, then the shots were fired.

Reese was taken to a local animal hospital with a gunshot wound to her front left leg and a fracture to her back left leg, police said. Reese is expected to recover from her injuries.
- See more at: http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/police-no-charges-for-us-marshal-who-shot-small-dog#sthash.QerDLKiN.dpuf

HOLLYWOOD
03-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Where's those hypocrites...

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2012/02/PETA-Kills-most-animals-it-takes-in.jpg

jkr
03-01-2013, 04:41 PM
thugz on parade

coastie
03-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Gawd help the person(in a costume or not) who shoots my dog on a leash(or not)...that means I'm not far behind her - armed.

I would show - NO MORE HESITATION. It amazes me there seems to have not been a single incident of a dog owner flipping the fuck out and shooting one of these pieces of shit right in their face after them shooting their dog for no reason - especially with the amount of times this seems to happen every day, with owners crying "he was a good boy that would have never bitten anyone." Well, then that tells you right there the cop was in the wrong. You know they won't be punished. Solution? Bueller? BUELLER?!?!

I wonder what kind of dog it was, and why they never mention it? Just referred to as "small dog". Chihuahua?:

Deputy Kelly Barks responded to the call and arrested a man, and then began to search the man's home.

McElrath said the deputy entered to find the man's three dogs all growling at her, one of which was a Chihuahua. He said Barks first shot the Chihuahua and exited the residence after thinking the dog had bitten her. After realizing she was not bitten, Barks entered the residence again to find the Chihuahua continuing to be aggressive so she fired a second shot. The Chihuahua then retired to its kennel when she shot a third time, killing the dog.

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1715350.html

libertyjam
03-01-2013, 05:17 PM
It doesn't say but the story makes it sound like the Marshall was off-duty at the time?

coastie
03-01-2013, 05:31 PM
It doesn't say but the story makes it sound like the Marshall was off-duty at the time?

That matters? The fact he was a US Marshall at all, and showed no restraint whatsoever with a gun should've been grounds to not only fire this sorry sack of shit, but to also give the dog owner every spec of property he ever owned, and then his ass tossed in prison.

^heh-ass tossed in prison, get it?

libertyjam
03-01-2013, 05:37 PM
That matters? The fact he was a US Marshall at all, and showed no restraint whatsoever with a gun should've been grounds to not only fire this sorry sack of shit, but to also give the dog owner every spec of property he ever owned, and then his ass tossed in prison.

^heh-ass tossed in prison, get it?

Absolutely, just thought I'd point it out. No reason given for being there, not with a partner, the SOS Marshall has to call the locals himself to report his own shooting, adds up to he was off duty, either lives in the apartments or was visiting someone there, just makes it all worse if that is even possible..

coastie
03-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Absolutely, just thought I'd point it out. No reason given for being there, not with a partner, the SOS Marshall has to call the locals himself to report his own shooting, adds up to he was off duty, either lives in the apartments or was visiting someone there, just makes it all worse if that is even possible..

He did live there, the article mentions it.

TheTexan
03-01-2013, 05:39 PM

He probably got tired of the dog barking.

libertyjam
03-01-2013, 05:43 PM

very possible

AGRP
03-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Wheres the picture or breed of this small dog? Wouldnt want to publish a picture or disclose that it was something like a chihuahua?

pacodever
03-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Law enforcement force continuum:

1. Identify small dog.
2. Shoot small dog.

Grown man force continuum:

1. Identify small dog.
2. Look to see if it is on a leash or if the owner is nearby.
3. Let dog smell you, pet dog, look for ID tag. Hold until owner comes or pick up dog and to return to owner if loose.
4. Use verbal commands and hand gestures if dog becomes aggressive.
5. Utilize your foot to keep distance if dog continues to be aggressive.
6. Pop dog on nose if it continues to be aggressive and close distance.
7. Leave area and call animal control if you are not capable of defending yourself from a small dog.
8. Promptly turn in your balls and man-card.

Anti Federalist
03-01-2013, 06:32 PM
They still issue "man cards"?

Could have fooled me, lately...

1. Identify small dog.
2. Shoot small dog.

1. Identify small dog.
3. Let dog smell you, pet dog, look for ID tag. Hold until owner comes or pick up dog and to return to owner if loose.
7. Leave area and call animal control if you are not capable of defending yourself from a small dog.

Natural Citizen
03-01-2013, 11:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TfGgRB_p8o
Is amazing what can be accomplished.:rolleyes:

alucard13mmfmj
03-01-2013, 11:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TfGgRB_p8o
Is amazing what a pat on the back and a "good boy" here and there can accomplish .
My dogs would have shoved it up his ass.:rolleyes:

I guess all police thinks all dogs are like that.. lol

Natural Citizen
03-01-2013, 11:41 PM
I guess all police thinks all dogs are like that.. lol

Most are like that if they haven't been trained. Dogs don't reason, they just react. The difference is that those dogs in the video can be stopped on a dime on command. If people cannot control their dogs then they have no business with them. The fact that the dog came around the corner after the guy means that the dog was leading the owner instead of the other way around like it should have been. These retractable trinkets aren't leashes. They are novelty items. Also cannot pop some sense into fito if he's wearing his matching novelty harness....while leading, remember. This is much different than usual stories we read around here where dogs are shot in their homes.

BTW. Did yer cat ever manage to make a break for it?

oyarde
03-02-2013, 01:03 AM
Trying to figure out what a US Marshal would be doing in Fishers or Carmel in the first place , probably off duty and lives there , mostly it is where the Doctors etc live.

pcosmar
03-02-2013, 07:53 AM

Tough. It is no excuse.

I get tired of hearing some people breathing.. No Excuse.

Spikender
03-02-2013, 09:12 AM

1. Identify small dog.
2. Shoot small dog.

1. Identify small dog.

To be honest, I have more respect for a man who at least has the non-balls to walk away from a small dog rather than shoot it. I think it says a lot about the current state of affairs when a cowardly guy who scared of Chihuahuas gets more respect from me than a Marshall who thinks he's a hot shot and kills a little dog in "self-defense".