PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Fantasy baseball Fantasy.....

Schifference
03-01-2013, 01:40 PM
I have never been involved in any fantasy sports teams. What do you think about Fantasy Government? Is that game possible?

kathy88
03-01-2013, 01:42 PM
I'd never sleep.

green73
03-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Whoever got the first pick in the draft would win.

TCE
03-01-2013, 02:28 PM
It could work. I think I've heard of a variation of this. Pick members of Congress/Senators, however many bills they get passed count for points. It obviously wouldn't be a liberty game per sé, since virtually all of the bills we wouldn't want to pass, but it could be a way of keeping an eye on who the movers and shakers along with the most "effective" members of Congress are.

TheGrinch
03-01-2013, 02:40 PM
I have never been involved in any fantasy sports teams. What do you think about Fantasy Government? Is that game possible?

I thought that was the game we were already playing :confused:

cjm
03-01-2013, 02:49 PM
It could work. I think I've heard of a variation of this. Pick members of Congress/Senators, however many bills they get passed count for points. It obviously wouldn't be a liberty game per sé, since virtually all of the bills we wouldn't want to pass, but it could be a way of keeping an eye on who the movers and shakers along with the most "effective" members of Congress are.

To add a liberty component, players could evaluate bills that are introduced and award points for good ones, evaluate final versions of the bills that are voted on and award points for proper votes, etc. The procedures in DC could make it somewhat time consuming if one had to evaluate votes on "calling the question" twelve times before the up and down vote, but the information gained by analyzing each vote and scoring all members of congress could be pretty useful to the liberty movement as a whole. Sort of like the Freedom Index but based on every vote instead of 40 "key" votes over two years.

Here's a link to the House votes for the current session: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/index.asp

TCE
03-01-2013, 02:54 PM
CJM's idea sounds fun.

kathy88
03-01-2013, 02:55 PM
If anyone actually takes the time to figure out how to do it, I'm in. *sigh*

TCE
03-01-2013, 02:57 PM
If anyone actually takes the time to figure out how to do it, I'm in. *sigh*

It could be quite time consuming. Going through all of the bills and putting them all into a system. No use doing it old school Fantasy Baseball-style where everyone actually uses a pen, paper, and calculator.

TheGrinch
03-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Does sound complicated, but yeah, if anyone can figure out a decent way to do it, I'd be happy to assist in scoring and rules, as I've done plenty of that for figuring out effective FF scoring.

Schifference
03-01-2013, 03:32 PM
How about if anyone wanting to play becomes a virtual senator. Then??

cjm
03-01-2013, 04:03 PM
It could be quite time consuming. Going through all of the bills and putting them all into a system. No use doing it old school Fantasy Baseball-style where everyone actually uses a pen, paper, and calculator.

I have an idea or two on how to pull down the data and put it into a system. Is there really some interest in this? I'd play.