PDA

View Full Version : Study: Gay Marriage Could Save Lives

green73
02-28-2013, 10:11 AM
OoooooK

DETROIT (WWJ) Is living together bad for a gay couple’s health? It could be, according to a new study in the “Journal of Health and Social Behavior.”

A study by Michigan State University sociologist Hui Liu found same-sex couples who live together experience poorer health than married people of different sex.

“If you compare with different sex married people, the same-sex people have worse health … no matter which risk group you talk about,” Liu said.

She added the odds of gay men living together reporting poor health was 61 percent higher than their married male counterparts. For gay women, it was 46 percent.

What’s the takeaway? It’s not whether someone is gay that matters, Liu said, it’s whether they’re married. Married people report better health overall.

“Legalization of same-sex marriage may promote the health of same-sex couples,” Liu said.

cont.
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/02/27/study-gay-marriage-could-save-lives/

EBounding
02-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Yes, a piece of paper from the State will fix everything.

Seraphim
02-28-2013, 10:15 AM
What the fuck? Whoever wrote/published that must have an IQ well below 90.

Ms. Liu - you are a retard.

TonySutton
02-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Saw Detroit and stopped reading...

jmdrake
02-28-2013, 10:34 AM
LOL. I sincerely hope my tax dollars didn't pay for this study. So the author of the study didn't even consider including gay people in states where gay marriage was legal to compare their health with gay people who weren't married? That would be a valid study. This is garbage.

Edit: Also they could have compared straight people who were married with straight people who were shacking. That is if they wanted to do real science as opposed to promoting propaganda.

BAllen
02-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Small wonder only 6% trust the media.

fisharmor
02-28-2013, 10:44 AM
Go through the article's comments. They're positively brutalizing Liu's acedemic rigor...

fisharmor
02-28-2013, 10:46 AM
LOL

"What part of me can I place into the stool of another person and not have it go poorly for my health? I suspect NO PART of me, let alone THAT part of me."

coastie
02-28-2013, 10:47 AM
LOL

"What part of me can I place into the stool of another person and not have it go poorly for my health? I suspect NO PART of me, let alone THAT part of me."

Get married, and all of the health risks go away...duh.

FSP-Rebel
02-28-2013, 10:48 AM
So out of touch. Stuck in an ivory tower and totally severed from the rash of problems the average person faces yet she's focused on this.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Supporting gay marriage is one thing, but don't make crap up to try and get others to support it as well. :rolleyes:

Smart3
02-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Gay marriage could also cure cancer and make Santa give presents year-round.

Anti Federalist
02-28-2013, 02:31 PM
LOL

Which is why sex, in the future, will be facilitated through computer simulations only.

Exchange of bodily fluids will be strictly prohibited without prior government permission, and under close medical supervision.

How is that not ideal, Comrade?

compromise
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Why not just get government out of marriage altogether?

fisharmor
02-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Heh, apparently no matter what the context, Santorum is bad for you.

The Northbreather
02-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Which is why sex, in the future, will be facilitated through computer simulations only.

Exchange of bodily fluids will be strictly prohibited without prior government permission, and under close medical supervision.

Demolition man?

I still worry over the 3 sea shells.

jmdrake
02-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Why not just get government out of marriage altogether?

Didn't you read the study? Without government approved marriage people will (gasp) die!

Anti Federalist
02-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Demolition man?

I still worry over the 3 sea shells.

Bingo.

That are cars that turn into giant cannolis when you wreck.

heavenlyboy34
02-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Zamyatin prophesized that people would have to get pink coupons from the One State in order to close the blinds long enough to have sex. (the rest of the time, the living spaces were entirely transparent-who needs privacy when the Great Benefactor is in charge?)

KrokHead
02-28-2013, 04:34 PM
As long as it doesn't save my life!