PDA

View Full Version : Palin says that the Feds are buying bullets to use on us

shane77m
02-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Maybe she will get some of the people that are asleep to wake up. A lot of people will listen to her but not Ron Paul.

Imagine the worst-case scenario if the sequester goes through. The market nosedives. The economy implodes. Empty shelves. Riots. The feds hit the streets in force to restore order in a “national emergency.”

Sounds like something in a Third World country or Greece. It could never happen here, right? Think again, says Sarah Palin.

The former Alaska governor and Republican vice-presidential nominee believes the federal government is “stockpiling bullets in case of civil unrest.”

Palin says the feds are afraid of what might happen if the sequester goes into effect.

She writes on her Facebook page: “If we are going to wet our proverbial pants over 0.3% in annual spending cuts when we’re running up trillion dollar annual deficits, then we’re done. Put a fork in us. We’re finished. We’re going to default eventually and that’s why the feds are stockpiling bullets in case of civil unrest.”
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/palin-washington-buying-bullets-for-us/#fqO77cZSTvi1RGAT.99

AuH20
02-27-2013, 10:12 PM
She was right about death panels. I remember the media went batshit crazy when she first voiced the statement, but Paul Krugman and others have been stating nearly exactly what she warned about.

Origanalist
02-27-2013, 10:13 PM
She always was the smart one.

supermario21
02-27-2013, 10:20 PM
It's a shame she was taken over by McCain. She probably could be a lot better if someone like a Ron Paul shaped her foreign policy.

sparebulb
02-27-2013, 10:27 PM
If Palin were in her second term as VP right now, the very same DHS would be purchasing the very same ammunition, in the same quantities, for the same reason. The only difference would she would be telling us that it is OK.

I'm sorry to cock-block the Palin lovefest.

angelatc
02-27-2013, 10:29 PM
If Palin were in her second term as VP right now, the very same DHS would be purchasing the very same ammunition, in the same quantities, for the same reason. The only difference would she would be telling us that it is OK.

When you have to make your case on supposition, you really haven't got a case to make.

Cleaner44
02-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Who is Palin and why would she be interesting?

speciallyblend
02-27-2013, 10:43 PM
When you have to make your case on supposition, you really haven't got a case to make.

if you deny that palin wouldn't be saying it is ok if she was in office. Then i have the state of colorado to sell to you for 500 bucks. a deal!!

sparebulb
02-27-2013, 10:43 PM

It is a learned observation of the continuity of policy from the Bush/Obama/McLame/Palin cabal. The partisan arguments for and against any given issue are just the machinations of the false paradigm.

speciallyblend
02-27-2013, 10:44 PM

your spot on, anyone that thinks she wouldn't be saying the same as obama if she was vp in office should be classified suckers!!

GunnyFreedom
02-27-2013, 10:47 PM

You have no idea how much this made me lmao but it wouldn't let me rep you until I spread some around...

Origanalist
02-27-2013, 10:48 PM
You have no idea how much this made me lmao but it wouldn't let me rep you until I spread some around...

:D

anaconda
02-27-2013, 11:09 PM

The Constitution is just a few short pages long. I don't see why an ambitious soccer mom can't be a great leader and a U.S. President. Maybe now that she's been pushed out side the box a bit she is also starting to think and act outside of it.

Origanalist
02-27-2013, 11:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=L9ya6G5S8MA

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-28-2013, 07:10 AM
Imagine the worst-case scenario if the sequester goes through. The market nosedives. The economy implodes. Empty shelves. Riots. The feds hit the streets in force to restore order in a “national emergency.”

barf

shane77m
02-28-2013, 07:14 AM
I don't care much for her myself but like I said in my OP, a lot of people listen to her that won't listen to Ron Paul. Maybe her comments might cause a few of the sleepers to wake up. I can be hopeful. I guess everyone that does wake up to wanting their liberty has to be woken up by something. Her comments are also great exposure to DHS buying up so much ammo. You don't really hear much about that unless it is from one of those "kooky conspiracy theory" websites.

osan
02-28-2013, 07:32 AM

The only thing I would change here is the degree of certainty. I little wiggle room for alternate outcomes would be very helpful.

Personally, I think what you wrote would likely be the case, but cannot say so for certain.

Overall, a good job in need of just a mite of tempering.

moostraks
02-28-2013, 08:02 AM
It is a learned observation of the continuity of policy from the Bush/Obama/McLame/Palin cabal. The partisan arguments for and against any given issue are just the machinations of the false paradigm.

Having always considered her a tool for the establishment as well, now I am curious as to what is to be gained by coming out with this from the right side's mouthpieces. So are they going to get rid of all the military build up that is occurring in regards to this if they are in power? I don't think so...

GunnyFreedom
02-28-2013, 01:38 PM
The Constitution is just a few short pages long. I don't see why an ambitious soccer mom can't be a great leader and a U.S. President. Maybe now that she's been pushed out side the box a bit she is also starting to think and act outside of it.

What made the comment funny was not Sarah Palin's level of intelligence, but John McCain's lack of it.

JK/SEA
02-28-2013, 01:44 PM

hmmm..maybe she has the time now to read Ron Paul Forums...

HOLLYWOOD
02-28-2013, 01:55 PM
hmmm..maybe she has the time now to read Ron Paul Forums...Doubt it... maybe her subjects do and relay knowledge onto her... she just MILFed her way to MONEY. Just starring in past years of political Kabuki Theater, 'Pandering Pundits of Popularity'

hah, there's this fun episode from Star Trek the original series... a singing loon locks himself in engineering, shuts the engines down, as the Enterprise spirals towards the planet, drunkardly says, "ONE MORE TIME..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1OJk0IoIpg

compromise
02-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Palin woke up after the 2008 loss when her neo-con advisers (McCain's boys) left her. Since 2010, she's actually been pretty good. She even defended Ron Paul's stance on Israel.

supermario21
02-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Palin woke up after the 2008 loss when her neo-con advisers (McCain's boys) left her. Since 2010, she's actually been pretty good. She even defended Ron Paul's stance on Israel.

I remember seeing a video where it was mentioned she was Pat Buchanan's 1996 Alaska campaign co-chair. I still think there can be something salvaged.

Athan
02-28-2013, 02:39 PM

I've always wanted to tap that sweet ass of hers.

compromise
02-28-2013, 02:42 PM
I remember seeing a video where it was mentioned she was Pat Buchanan's 1996 Alaska campaign co-chair. I still think there can be something salvaged.

I think it's better she didn't become VP. If she had, I doubt she would have gotten away from the McCain foreign (and domestic) policy and defended Ron Paul and libertarianism, backed the Tea Party, gone on Freedom Watch or endorsed Rand Paul and Ted Yoho, against the party establishment. The Palin of 2013 is much improved from the Palin of '08, which is possibly why the MSM have been ignoring her of late.

FSP-Rebel
02-28-2013, 02:53 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2wg7uop.jpg

shane77m
02-28-2013, 02:55 PM

http://i49.tinypic.com/2wg7uop.jpg

Interesting, the turns that a thread can take.

BSU kid
02-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Sarah Palin is synonymous with the word "crazy" among the general populace, the biggest reason for this...Tina Fey and the progressive machine. They had me believing it before I discovered this movement, and broke off my shackles.

angelatc
02-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Sarah Palin is synonymous with the word "crazy" among the general populace, the biggest reason for this...Tina Fey and the progressive machine. They had me believing it before I discovered this movement, and broke off my shackles.

Most of the supporters still here are the left leaners who have no use at all for conservative values.

In 2007, there was a lot of talk here about Paul possibly choosing Palin for VP slot.

SewrRatt
02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Most of the supporters still here are the left leaners who have no use at all for conservative values.

In 2007, there was a lot of talk here about Paul possibly choosing Palin for VP slot.

Oh good, I was worried people on this board might've finally figured out that the state holds conservative values more in contempt than "leftist" ron paul supporters and anarcho-capitalists ever would.

Working Poor
02-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Since it is the media who always portray her as an idiot and I have heard her say a few thing that make complete since I want to give her the benefit of the doubt. At least her state has medical marijuana ;p

sparebulb
02-28-2013, 07:14 PM

Stupid ideas from stupid people, unlike a fine wine, do not improve with the passage of time.

TheTexan
02-28-2013, 07:14 PM

True, but I do believe it as an indication of where we are that a vice presidential candidate is now telling us that the government is buying bullets to kill us.

NoOneButPaul
02-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Man... I can't believe i'd come to admire Palin.

Unfortunately it takes some real balls to say what she just did.

sparebulb
02-28-2013, 07:32 PM

I think that this might be worthy of a thread of it's own.

AuH20
02-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Palin certainly isn't a genius, but the fact that she was conservative AND a woman was a NO-NO. That's why she was villified and hounded to such an absurd degree. I cannot remember any public figure openly mocked and ridiculed as Palin. If someone decided to do that to a female of the democratic persuasion, they would have been assailed as misogynist. It's funny how certain rules are selectively enforced depending on the individual.

sparebulb
02-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Palin certainly isn't a genius, but the fact that she was conservative AND a woman was a NO-NO. That's why she was villified and hounded to such an absurd degree. I cannot remember any public figure openly mocked and ridiculed as Palin. If someone decided to do that to a female of the democratic persuasion, they would have been assailed as misogynist.

One might assume that a woman this tough, smart, and principled could have stood up for true conservative values and not doom this nation with her support of TARP. But no, she wanted to carve out a little something for herself and fuck everyone else.

AuH20
02-28-2013, 07:46 PM
One might assume that a woman this tough, smart, and principled could have stood up for true conservative values and not doom this nation with her support of TARP. But no, she wanted to carve out a little something for herself and fuck everyone else.

She made a very poor decision, chasing fame with the acceptance of the VP slot from McCain. The woman certainly has her faults, but by the very same token, the treatment she received was far over the line of decency.

sparebulb
02-28-2013, 08:03 PM
The woman certainly has her faults, but by the very same token, the treatment she received was far over the line of decency.

She, of all people, knows that there are no rules in this game. That's why she's been cheerleading for really nasty things like NDAA and Patriot Act all this time. She's a sock-puppet of all of the usual suspects; Rand Corporation, CFR, AIPAC, etc. A little Tina Fey impersonation pales in comparison to what she has helped foist upon our nation and the world.

supermario21
02-28-2013, 08:10 PM
The problem was that she was programmed to be a McCain bot. I bet she was personally against bailouts, etc.

supermario21
02-28-2013, 08:13 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/13/palin.rga/index.html

And here we go, Palin blasting expanded bailouts a week after the 08 election.

Addressing fellow GOP governors and party leaders at the Republican Governors Association convention in Miami, Florida, Palin criticized the growing list of industries and others seeking federal assistance.

"We're hearing now more talk of additional taxpayer bailouts ... for companies, for corporations, perhaps even states now who may be standing in line with their hands out despite, perhaps, some poor management decisions on their part that helped tank our economy," she said.

Palin stressed the need for what she called greater economic "accountability and personal responsibility" while urging "conservative solutions to these economic challenges."

Another Republican governor eyeing a presidential run in 2012 told CNN the event was "odd" and "weird," and said it "unfortunately sent a message that she was the de facto leader of the party."

That quote sounds like Jon Huntsman...

QuickZ06
02-28-2013, 08:14 PM
I JUST LOVE HOW WHEN RON PAUL LEAVES CONGRESS EVERYBODY JUST BECOMES AWAKE AND A LIBERTARIAN OVER NIGHT!!!!

Sorry in-advance for caps.

parocks
02-28-2013, 08:46 PM

Correct. In 2007, Palin was the pick. I like Palin still.

parocks
02-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Stupid ideas from stupid people, unlike a fine wine, do not improve with the passage of time.

The other top choices were people on tv, like the Judge.

Palin, in 2007, was completely unknown outside of Alaska, and people here did a lot of digging and found her, looked at her record, her bio, her picture, and liked her.

shane77m
02-28-2013, 09:05 PM
True, but I do believe it as an indication of where we are that a vice presidential candidate is now telling us that the government is buying bullets to kill us.

I do wonder what she has to gain with saying that. Perhaps she is pandering? Perhaps she is issuing a subtle warning?

angelatc
03-01-2013, 07:27 AM
if you deny that palin wouldn't be saying it is ok if she was in office. Then i have the state of colorado to sell to you for 500 bucks. a deal!!

I stand even firmer on my position.

compromise
03-01-2013, 07:51 AM
I do wonder what she has to gain with saying that. Perhaps she is pandering? Perhaps she is issuing a subtle warning?

The GOP establishment kicked her out and teamed up with the liberal MSM to destroy her reputation after the 2008 loss. Senior Republicans called her "unqualified", a "mistake", etc. She has no political power and is quickly losing her influence as a media personality. She really has nothing to lose any more and that's why she's telling it how it is.

sparebulb
03-01-2013, 08:12 AM
I stand even firmer on my position.

A strong emotional bond with a politician is essential for an effective government.

http://media.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/photos/images/2011/dec11/nkorea_jong_funeral_sm/nkorea_jong_funeral_12.jpg

GunnyFreedom
03-01-2013, 08:16 AM
A strong emotional bond with a politician is essential for an effective government.

http://media.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/photos/images/2011/dec11/nkorea_jong_funeral_sm/nkorea_jong_funeral_12.jpg

Do you really think that's what Angela is doing, or are you just trying to provoke an emotional reaction?

cajuncocoa
03-01-2013, 08:20 AM
I JUST LOVE HOW WHEN RON PAUL LEAVES CONGRESS EVERYBODY JUST BECOMES AWAKE AND A LIBERTARIAN OVER NIGHT!!!!

On economic issues and certain social issues only. I don't see a trend toward libertarianism on foreign policy or civil liberties.

sparebulb
03-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Do you really think that's what Angela is doing, or are you just trying to provoke an emotional reaction?

Yes on both.

Snowflake (Palin) has developed Dear Leader status among some. The picture is a cautionary illustration as to why that is not healthy.

angelatc
03-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Yes on both.

Snowflakes has developed Dear Leader status among some. The picture is a cautionary illustration as to why that is not healthy.

Says a man named Sparebulb, here on Ron Paul forums.

Remember, all I said that was if the stoner couldn't make a point using an example of something that had actually happened, then he didn't really have a point. So I'm a Palin worshipper because I advocate for truth over rhetoric? I got the same crap in a WalMart thread for pointing out that an article didn't actually say that WalMart was doing anything illegal - it was the PAC that accepted the donation without having a treasurer in place that broke Texas law.

This is what I meant by the liberal left taking over the site. There is no room for truth when dealing with ideologues on either side of the aisle, but the ideologues here in this thread are of the left.

There are still a couple from the right around, (Frank, I'm looking at you) but most of the empty chatter comes from the people who hate conservatives.

GunnyFreedom
03-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Yes on both.

Snowflakes has developed Dear Leader status among some. The picture is a cautionary illustration as to why that is not healthy.

OK, so you are just making crap up to hit people you don't like with AND you resort to emotional blitzkrieg when reason fails.

Good show. I wonder where all that mythical 'logic' and 'maturity' stuff that's rumored to be the hallmark of our movement went?

sparebulb
03-01-2013, 08:27 AM

But to be fair, there are many issues on which we both agree.

shane77m
03-01-2013, 08:28 AM
The GOP establishment kicked her out and teamed up with the liberal MSM to destroy her reputation after the 2008 loss. Senior Republicans called her "unqualified", a "mistake", etc. She has no political power and is quickly losing her influence as a media personality. She really has nothing to lose any more and that's why she's telling it how it is.

a woman scorned

I might do some looking around on the interwebs later and see if I can find what some of her supporters are saying about this.

shane77m
03-01-2013, 08:32 AM
I did find this. I feel much better now.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/feds-media-debunk-sarah-palin-stockpiling-bullets-claim-88179.html

The feds say Sarah Palin is firing blanks with her claim that the government is “stockpiling bullets” for potential civil unrest in case the country defaults on its loans.

While government agencies are, in fact, purchasing large amounts of ammunition, they are doing so for training exercises and shooting ranges, according to federal officials. The Washington Post last month summed up the Department of Homeland Security’s buying of more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition for training with an article headlined, “Not so sinister: Homeland Security is stockpiling ammo for target practice.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/feds-media-debunk-sarah-palin-stockpiling-bullets-claim-88179.html#ixzz2MIZxSKND

Origanalist
03-01-2013, 08:40 AM

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/feds-media-debunk-sarah-palin-stockpiling-bullets-claim-88179.html

Whew! I feel a lot better now too.

Target practice

http://rt.com/files/usa/news/women-children-target-practice-623/reasoncom-images.si.jpg

angelatc
03-01-2013, 08:43 AM

Nothing to see here, comrade. Move along!

sparebulb
03-01-2013, 09:07 AM
OK, so you are just making crap up to hit people you don't like with AND you resort to emotional blitzkrieg when reason fails.

Good show. I wonder where all that mythical 'logic' and 'maturity' stuff that's rumored to be the hallmark of our movement went?

I enjoy a lively and sometimes abstract discussion of the issues. I also believe that it sharpens ones ability to defend and project their opinions.

I am surprised, and disappointed, that you disagree.

tttppp
03-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Maybe she will get some of the people that are asleep to wake up. A lot of people will listen to her but not Ron Paul.

When she talks about this she actually sounds smart.

sparebulb
03-01-2013, 09:33 AM

Remember, all I said that was if the stoner couldn't make a point using an example of something that had actually happened, then he didn't really have a point. So I'm a Palin worshipper because I advocate for truth over rhetoric? I got the same crap in a WalMart thread for pointing out that an article didn't actually say that WalMart was doing anything illegal - it was the PAC that accepted the donation without having a treasurer in place that broke Texas law.

This is what I meant by the liberal left taking over the site. There is no room for truth when dealing with ideologues on either side of the aisle, but the ideologues here in this thread are of the left.

There are still a couple from the right around, (Frank, I'm looking at you) but most of the empty chatter comes from the people who hate conservatives.

Angela, I just saw your edited post.

You've mentioned a couple of times in the last day or so about liberals are the only ones left on this site. Could you start a new thread on this subject? I think that it would be an interesting topic to explore. I will leave it out of this thread because I don't want to derail my favorite subject....Palin.

Oh, and where did you get the "stoner" thing from. I've never used illegal drugs and don't spend any effort to advocate for them on this site. I just don't want anyone getting on you for "attacking" me. And you totally lost me on the Walmarx thing. I'm not even sure I was there on that one.

Let's get back to Snowflake Palin..........

cajuncocoa
03-01-2013, 09:36 AM
LMAO @ liberal left taking over this site.

shane77m
03-01-2013, 09:38 AM

I ran into one on here that took exception to me pointing out the hypocrisy of the anti-war left.

cajuncocoa
03-01-2013, 09:41 AM
I ran into one on here that took exception to me pointing out the hypocrisy of the anti-war left.
"One" is hardly "taking over"!! That said, I agree with you about the anti-war left. They've disappeared since Obama took office.

GunnyFreedom
03-01-2013, 01:56 PM
I enjoy a lively and sometimes abstract discussion of the issues. I also believe that it sharpens ones ability to defend and project their opinions.

I am surprised, and disappointed, that you disagree.

LOL yeah sure, you got me, I'm cowardly and loathe to discuss the issues, and I'm far too intimidated by debate. :rolleyes:

Do you even pay attention to the nonsense you say? Or do you just sit back and ask yourself, "what emotional argument is most likely to do real damage here amongst public opinion?" and then don't give a damn if it's true or false? and whatever you come up with, just fling it at the person perceived to be your 'opponent' with the hopes of damaging them, and pretty much no regard to what is true or untrue?

Because that's what you did to Kathy88, and when I called you on that despicable behavior, now you are trying to do the same thing to me.

Because that's the kinda crap I expect from Bill O-really and James Carville.

LMAO seriously, on what planet do you think you are going to gain any kind of traction by claiming that I'm afraid to debate?

What I oppose is your bullshit emotive tactics and utter abandonment of logic and reason.

ETA - what you were engaging in wasn't "lively discussion," it was base propagandizing. I can barely stomach the use of that crap on enemies, using on allies is beyond deplorable. :mad:

FSP-Rebel
03-01-2013, 02:17 PM

This does wonders for emotional bonding
http://i49.tinypic.com/o8wkfo.jpg

sparebulb
03-01-2013, 04:38 PM
LOL yeah sure, you got me, I'm cowardly and loathe to discuss the issues, and I'm far too intimidated by debate. :rolleyes:

Do you even pay attention to the nonsense you say? Or do you just sit back and ask yourself, "what emotional argument is most likely to do real damage here amongst public opinion?" and then don't give a damn if it's true or false? and whatever you come up with, just fling it at the person perceived to be your 'opponent' with the hopes of damaging them, and pretty much no regard to what is true or untrue?

Because that's what you did to Kathy88, and when I called you on that despicable behavior, now you are trying to do the same thing to me.

Because that's the kinda crap I expect from Bill O-really and James Carville.

LMAO seriously, on what planet do you think you are going to gain any kind of traction by claiming that I'm afraid to debate?

What I oppose is your bullshit emotive tactics and utter abandonment of logic and reason.

ETA - what you were engaging in wasn't "lively discussion," it was base propagandizing. I can barely stomach the use of that crap on enemies, using on allies is beyond deplorable. :mad:

Glen, I post solely by the grace of the owners of this website. If you believe that my comments have violated the rules, or the spirit of this site, I urge you to flag this for the Moderators. They are the ones who walk the fine line of what is lively discussion and what is "base propagandizing", whatever that is.

But as a sincere suggestion, please review this entire thread from the beginning and perhaps reconsider some of your characterizations and statements of fact. There is nothing that can't be undone with the edit feature. I've done it many times.

We can take this to PM if you like, but I intend to resume the study and critique of Palin.

GunnyFreedom
03-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Glen, I post solely by the grace of the owners of this website. If you believe that my comments have violated the rules, or the spirit of this site, I urge you to flag this for the Moderators. They are the ones who walk the fine line of what is lively discussion and what is "base propagandizing", whatever that is.

But as a sincere suggestion, please review this entire thread from the beginning and perhaps reconsider some of your characterizations and statements of fact. There is nothing that can't be undone with the edit feature. I've done it many times.

We can take this to PM if you like, but I intend to resume the study and critique of Palin.

Ass-hattery is not against forum rules. If it were, then there would be a lot more than just you in danger.

Propagandizing is despicable. Propagandizing against one of our own is unconscionable. I will call that garbage out wherever I see it NO MATTER WHICH party I agree with.

If you like propaganda so much, there are plenty of other movements out there that are NOT based on logic and reason. This movement for the first time in my life I felt at home because WE OPERATED ON TRUTH.

If you operate on propaganda -- particularly if you propagandize against our own people, then I will call out your unprincipled illegitimate ass-hattery for what it is.

TheTexan
03-01-2013, 08:09 PM

Anyone who doesn't hate gay people is a liberal leftist

GunnyFreedom
03-01-2013, 08:19 PM

I rolled my eyes at that myself, but it wasn't directed at anybody in particular, so it didn't make me blow my top. While clearly untrue, there has been significant and growing antipathy towards the paleocon factions since December which is probably what inspired the comment. It's still untrue, and it's still a kind of propaganda, so I rolled my eyes pretty heavily at it, but it wasn't targeted at an individual which is why I didn't blow my stack.

Origanalist
03-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Anyone who doesn't hate gay people is a liberal leftist

So all this time I have been a liberal leftist? Whoda thunk it?

Austrian Econ Disciple
03-01-2013, 08:40 PM

Ever stop and think for a second why libertarians loathe conservatives? They beat their chest of 'small government' when in reality they're as worse as the progressives and thus, give such a horrible horrible picture of 'small government' when in reality it is progressive government, not to mention that it's one thing to stand for a belief, but an entirely another to pose as one to fool folks to voting for you to give your friends power and money. It's like..WTF. People don't like 'small government' because it's associated with conservatives who are anything, but small government. The problem is, that libertarians are the only ones who actually believe and fight for all our individual rights and not bull shit police state, nanny state, warfare state, welfare state, tyranny.

I'm just sick and tired of people who believe the exact opposite of what I do giving my philosophy a bad name because of their bullshit. Don't like it? Tough shit. Also, you seem to be unable to get outside the conservative/'liberal' box. Ever think you can't place libertarians inside that rickidy facade?

PaulConventionWV
03-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Doubt it... maybe her subjects do and relay knowledge onto her... she just MILFed her way to MONEY. Just starring in past years of political Kabuki Theater, 'Pandering Pundits of Popularity'

hah, there's this fun episode from Star Trek the original series... a singing loon locks himself in engineering, shuts the engines down, as the Enterprise spirals towards the planet, drunkardly says, "ONE MORE TIME..."

OH MY GOD!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!

DamianTV
03-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Even if, for once, I actually believe what she has to say, I still have absolutely zero reason to support her. Honesty should go without saying.

sparebulb
03-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Ass-hattery is not against forum rules. If it were, then there would be a lot more than just you in danger.

Propagandizing is despicable. Propagandizing against one of our own is unconscionable. I will call that garbage out wherever I see it NO MATTER WHICH party I agree with.

If you like propaganda so much, there are plenty of other movements out there that are NOT based on logic and reason. This movement for the first time in my life I felt at home because WE OPERATED ON TRUTH.

If you operate on propaganda -- particularly if you propagandize against our own people, then I will call out your unprincipled illegitimate ass-hattery for what it is.

I'm genuinely concerned that your credibility is taking a hit, Glen. That is certainly not my intention.

People have noticed your curious posts. No one likes a self-appointed sanctimonious hallway monitor. That is a job best left to the professionals.

And what does Kathy88 have to do with this????????

GunnyFreedom
03-02-2013, 12:00 AM
I'm genuinely concerned that your credibility is taking a hit, Glen. That is certainly not my intention.

People have noticed your curious posts. No one likes a self-appointed sanctimonious hallway monitor. That is a job best left to the professionals.

Yeah, my credibility relies on your opinion lol. :D

When you propagandize, particularly when you propagandize our people, I will call you on it.

You don't like it?

Tough. Deal with it.

That's the kind of behavior I expect from Pelosi and Graham people.

If you think I'm going to suddenly 'accept' crap propaganda just because you are calling on threats to my 'credibility' unless I accept it, (lol) then you are living in fantasyland.

I am where I am because of principle, and I will remain on principle until the day I die.

GunnyFreedom
03-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Oh yeah, and PS - if my maintaining credibility within a movement requires me to sell out everything I believe and stand by silent while people spit all over each other with mindless zombie propaganda, then I DON'T WANT CREDIBILITY with that movement, as it will have become a zero integrity pile of steaming garbage.

LibertyEagle
03-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Guys, who cares that it was Palin that said it? I'm just glad she did. A lot of people will listen to her that would not listen to someone we would have liked better.

Why do we have to attack everyone? It's getting really sickening. :(

LibertyEagle
03-02-2013, 01:35 AM

Speak for yourself paleface. Gunny has more than plenty of credibility here. Perhaps you should worry about your own.

bolil
03-02-2013, 01:42 AM
OH MY GOD!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Sarah Palin looks like that milf on my interpornotube.

sparebulb
03-02-2013, 04:08 AM
Speak for yourself paleface. Gunny has more than plenty of credibility here. Perhaps you should worry about your own.

It appears from your post that you have not carefully read the entire thread from the beginning. You will be a better supporter for Glen if you choose not to understand the discussion in the proper context.

GunnyFreedom
03-02-2013, 04:22 AM
get over yourself. :rolleyes:

noneedtoaggress
03-02-2013, 06:42 AM
Why do we have to attack everyone? It's getting really sickening. :(

Speak for yourself paleface.

I lol'd.

noneedtoaggress
03-02-2013, 06:52 AM
Also, not trying to take sides or knock Gunny but I wanted to point out that truth is just as much propaganda as anything else. Propaganda is a very broad term that encompasses the spread of any sort of information which can be harmful or helpful to a person/movement/organization. So you may want to consider an alternate way of describing your point which may end up making it clearer.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure this place is in no danger from being overwhelmed by the "liberal left", lol.

kathy88
03-02-2013, 07:12 AM

How on earth did I get involved in this? What are you talking about?

LibertyEagle
03-02-2013, 09:49 AM
I lol'd.

I guess you never watched The Lone Ranger, did you?

sparebulb
03-02-2013, 10:18 AM

Kathy, I'm so sorry that your name, literally just your name, has been falsely dragged into this.

Much earlier in this thread, post #65, Glen has taken tangential exception to some of my sardonic humor. In his unhinged diatribe, he has recklessly made a false statement of fact concerning some contrived wrong that he's alleged that I've committed against you. Of course, this is not true. You have nothing at all to do with this. Evidently, Glen can't own up to his error, lest the rest of his feigned indignance collapses and looks silly and overblown.

It is quite sad. And I wish that he would stop.

shane77m
03-02-2013, 10:40 AM
We need a subforum that can be used when people get on a thread and derail it with petty squabbling and name calling. All parties involved can take there discussion there. That would be sweet. I might have to post the idea in the forum feedback section.

GunnyFreedom
03-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Kathy, I'm so sorry that your name, literally just your name, has been falsely dragged into this.

Much earlier in this thread, post #65, Glen has taken tangential exception to some of my sardonic humor. In his unhinged diatribe, he has recklessly made a false statement of fact concerning some contrived wrong that he's alleged that I've committed against you. Of course, this is not true. You have nothing at all to do with this. Evidently, Glen can't own up to his error, lest the rest of his feigned indignance collapses and looks silly and overblown.

It is quite sad. And I wish that he would stop.

it was Angela instead of Kathy, and I've been a bit busy attending County Conventions.

And your use of sophistry is getting more disgusting by the day.

GunnyFreedom
03-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Also, not trying to take sides or knock Gunny but I wanted to point out that truth is just as much propaganda as anything else. Propaganda is a very broad term that encompasses the spread of any sort of information which can be harmful or helpful to a person/movement/organization. So you may want to consider an alternate way of describing your point which may end up making it clearer.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure this place is in no danger from being overwhelmed by the "liberal left", lol.

Do you really believe that there is no difference between propaganda and truth? Because if that is a general consensus, then I really don't want anything to do with this movement. That's just...horrible. :(

Origanalist
03-02-2013, 10:51 AM

:p

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/sonialastrega/popcorn.gif

sparebulb
03-02-2013, 11:10 AM
it was Angela instead of Kathy, and I've been a bit busy attending County Conventions.

And your use of sophistry is getting more disgusting by the day.

You lied and evidently have no honor.

You lied, and only take casual credit for it when your lie is exposed. You then attempt to mask it behind noble efforts.

I'll be the bigger man here, Glen. I'm done with this topic. Should you wish to ruin a future thread, take it to PM as I suggested you do from the beginning.

FSP-Rebel
03-02-2013, 11:16 AM
You lied and evidently have no honor.

You lied, and only take casual credit for it when your lie is exposed. You then attempt to mask it behind noble efforts.

Come on, lying is deliberate with malice aforethought. An innocent mistake is just that. There's a handful of highly repped and active ladies around here and it's not above the realm of possibility to confuse them if one is in activism overdrive like Glen is. I like to think of myself as one of the more active people on here but I got nothing on Glen. The dude is running for high party office in his state and running around from convention to meeting back and forth ad nauseum. Nitpicking a named mistake is kinda weak.

Nic
03-02-2013, 12:12 PM
I think this is somewhat similar to stock picking. When the idea becomes mainstream the run is over. Perhaps shit is closer to hitting the fan than we may realize?

Stallheim
03-02-2013, 02:09 PM
I went back and re-read the thread to try and see where the argument came from. Sparebulb was making no case based on supposition, he was simply making a supposition. While he pinned it on Palin in this case, it is really a reasonable observation about all unprincipled politicians, who will simply carry on totalitarian policies of previous administrations despite rhetoric to the contrary. Palin is mentioning something amazing here! I am glad she has, no matter what the reasons. Palin has also demonstrated that she will support various terrible positions for political expedience and personal gain. It was not a ridiculous thing for sparebulb to mention though he could have connected a few more dots.

I am reading here that Angela and Sparebulb, and Gunny are talking past each-other more than anything else, though I fault Sparebulb the least early on in the conversation. Palin said a great thing: check. Palin would almost certainly not have been able to do anything to change the trajectory even if she wanted to as VP, she is after all just a politician. We shouldn't deify her over this comment, which is probably what Sparebulb was fairly or not trying to stop, and we shouldn't downplay the awesomeness of her saying what she did say by attacking her credibility without clearly communicating context and intent, which seems to be what got Angela and then Gunny's knickers in a twist.

Everything else that followed was fairly worthless tripe. Read over stuff again when you are tempted to get nasty. Gunny I laud your chivalry, I have some Southern gentleman blood back there somewhere as well, but Angela is holding her own pretty well here, and she was dishing a bit of ass-hattery herself. Originalist, loved your deer-popcorn gif. Lets all just get along.

shane77m
03-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Mods if you go to lock my thread because please don't. Just delete the offending posts instead. Thanks.

PaulConventionWV
03-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Do you really believe that there is no difference between propaganda and truth? Because if that is a general consensus, then I really don't want anything to do with this movement. That's just...horrible. :(

I think you misunderstood. Propaganda is a broad term. It has a negative connotation because of the stigma attached to it by society and by our knowledge of how Hitler used it. Anything can be propagandized. If you promoted the truth like you see things promoted in commercials, then it would still be the truth, but the method of getting the message out would be called propaganda. Don't assume it's always a bad thing just because it's called that. If you don't think the message should be advertised in a positive manner, then perhaps you really don't want anything to do with this movement, but I think you're simply mistaken about the meaning of the word 'propaganda.'

compromise
03-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Yet another thread totally de-railed.

shane77m
03-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Yet another thread totally de-railed.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=151290&d=1299658614

Origanalist
03-02-2013, 04:17 PM
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=151290&d=1299658614

Those tracks need a little work.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-02-2013, 04:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9DrjybyhLA

amy31416
03-02-2013, 04:45 PM
What are we yellin' about here? I want in.

noneedtoaggress
03-02-2013, 05:26 PM

That's not what I said. I was trying to point out that truth can be propaganda. Propaganda is not good or bad, it's a neutral term.

Sign waver? Propaganda.
Political ads? Propaganda.
Memes? Propaganda.

It doesn't even have to be political. It's essentially advertising your position in an attempt to influence people toward it.

You can just as easily use the truth to propagandize against lies as you can use lies to propagandize against the truth. That's how broad the term is, and that's all I'm trying to get at.

If you were to drop flyers over North Korea that said "Free Markets and liberty lead to prosperity, your powerful central government is keeping you in poverty." attached to copies of Human Action, it would be propaganda.

When the US was attempting to undermine confidence in Soviet rule by pushing legitimate news stories the Soviet government was trying to hide into the USSR? Propaganda.

You're campaigning right? Your campaign ads are propaganda. Propaganda is a neutral term, it's just generally used in a negative context because it's so tied to pushing a specific point of view and many times that leads to lies or half-truths because they are focused on information propagation to harm or help a specific cause.

noneedtoaggress
03-02-2013, 05:57 PM
I guess you never watched The Lone Ranger, did you?

Speak for yourself, "darky" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleface). I saw a few, but when I was a wee lad I found them pretty boring and probably watched more cartoons with minstrel show stereotypes. I just don't typically try to insult people with epithets I learned from them, though I might use it when trying to prove a point about someone else's use.

Either way the epithet you used wasn't even really all that relevant to how funny it was watching you dig your claws into someone over their credibility while making those two posts back to back. lol.

LibertyEagle
03-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Speak for yourself, "darky" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleface). I saw a few, but when I was a wee lad I found them pretty boring and probably watched more cartoons with minstrel show stereotypes. I just don't typically try to insult people with epithets I learned from them, though I might use it when trying to prove a point about someone else's use.

Either way the epithet you used wasn't even really all that relevant to how funny it was watching you dig your claws into someone over their credibility while making those two posts back to back. lol.

You are attempting to turn nothing into something. But, that's just your obnoxious way. Have fun. But, while you have that fun, remember that your pompous behavior is a perfect example of why so many detest libertarians. But, you don't care about that, now do you.

noneedtoaggress
03-02-2013, 08:57 PM
You are attempting to turn nothing into something. But, that's just your obnoxious way. Have fun. But, while you have that fun, remember that your pompous behavior is a perfect example of why so many detest libertarians. But, you don't care about that, now do you.

Not really, in fact I actually just said that the whole epithet thing was irrelevant in case you didn't notice. My initial post was simply "loling" at your contradictory posts. I even held back from including your statement about criticizing someone's credibility when doing so.

You find me obnoxious as I tend to chastise you over your own (sometimes absolutely ridiculous) chastisements, which you don't even recognize to be your own "obnoxious way".

Clearly telling people they make you sick because they are so abrasive directly before being completely abrasive yourself and calling someone out on their credibility is totally not obnoxious, pompous, detestable and will certainly win people over to Paleoconservatism, wouldn't you agree? But if you cared about any of that, no one would be complaining about how this board has been overwhelmed by the "liberal left", would they? :p

The funny thing is I probably wouldn't have even said anything if those posts weren't so close together. And considering I got some +rep for it too I guess I wasn't the only one who found it humorous.

Do I get bratty with you? Sure, and I'll freely admit it, and I'll admit I probably have too much "fun" with it, too. I'm not perfect myself. I freely admit I can get abrasive when others are abrasive too, especially when it's pointed in my direction. But it's entirely a response to your own bratty attitude. I'm not trying to convince anyone of libertarianism when I respond to your own "obnoxious ways". Who do you think was convinced to be paleoconservative by your own posts in this thread? Do you think anyone may find your own posts as obnoxious as you feel mine are to you?

Anyway, since you made this so personal. Feel free to take it to PM. Although considering the way you responded the last time you neg-repped me, which as I pointed out was clearly over your personal issues and didn't even follow the logic of your purported reason for doing so, I doubt there will be much to discuss.