PDA

View Full Version : Mike Church: Most Americans Don't Understand Simple Math

AuH20
02-27-2013, 09:10 PM
I agree with Mike. I'm going to find a nice remote location in the wilderness and let Boobus kill each other, when the finite resources invariably run out. :D

http://www.mikechurch.com/transcripts/government-spending-most-americans-dont-understand-simple-math/

You tea partiers out there, listen to me. You’re working on the wrong people. You’re working on the politicians, on those you believe are the greaseballs. The greaseball is your neighbor. The greaseball is cousin Vinnie. The greaseball is Aunt Edna. The greaseball is sister Susan. The greaseball is brother John. The greaseball is the guy that lives down the street that’s lavishly existing off the pork. That’s the greaseball. We now have people believing they now have some sort of a say-so in the distribution of other people’s money. This is truly sick. I don’t want to depress you, but I propose the question -- open the phone lines up, even though there’s not a single, solitary sole on hold. Answer the question: What do you propose to do about your neighbor? You can argue and you can holler and you can debate and protest and lobby your politician all you want.

What are you going to do about your neighbor? They’re asked the question of whether or not they want to cut federal spending [mocking] “Yeah, sign me up. I’m all about it up there. Here in Wisconsin, we gotta balance our budgets up here, ya know.” -- “We’ve got 19 programs here. Which one of these would you like to see less spending in?” -- “Let me look at your list there. No, not that one. That one there needs to increase. I work in that field there. That’s a great one. I want more of that one.” -- “You do realize that you getting more of that means someone else has to be taxed or a future generation has to be enslaved in order to repay that, don’t you? You do realize that?” -- “No, we don’t think about that there. That’s never gonna happen. The government is gonna take care of that. They take care of us.”

This is sad. I read this and relate this with true sadness. What’s happened to humanity? To repeat, according to a Pew Research Center study, when asked specifically to identify programs in which federal spending ought to increase or decrease, even though a majority of people say they want a decrease in federal spending, by a tune of 16 to 19, 16 choices out of 19, people actually favor increasing the spending. As if that is not insulting and degrading enough, I would like to have asked the nitwittery that responded in the affirmative to continue this: What success do you cite? What’s on the résumé of that agency that makes you think they ought to spend more or you ought to plow more of your daughter or son’s future earnings into that? Can you give me an example? Do you know what it is that they’ve actually done? Let’s go through this paragraph without me interrupting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck

Matt Collins
02-28-2013, 07:01 AM
Mike Church is the best voice on radio.

kathy88
02-28-2013, 07:08 AM
I love listening to Mike. It's the only thing I miss working from home. The drive and getting to hear Mike. I suppose I could listen while I work, but I get too easily distracted.

Southron
02-28-2013, 08:12 AM
Heard that yesterday. Great stuff!