PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Glenn Beck continues to court the liberty movement. Do you trust him?

radiofriendly
02-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Today, Glenn Beck invited three notable personalities (dare I say “leaders?”) of the libertarian/constitutional conservative movement to discuss libertarianism on his online show–Jack Hunter, Jacob Hornberger and a student organizer, Zach Slayback. Watch the video and take the poll below. Do you trust him?

Poll and videos from today: http://iroots.org/2013/02/27/glenn-beck-continues-to-court-the-liberty-movement-do-you-trust-him/

AuH20
02-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Another great segment.

Darguth
02-27-2013, 08:41 PM
I trust him about as much as I trust a fox in a hen house.

sailingaway
02-27-2013, 08:43 PM
not at all, I think he is slime through and through, and very effective. I most don't like him near YAL.

cajuncocoa
02-27-2013, 08:47 PM
no.

AGRP
02-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Do you trust him? Whats your opinion other than creating this topic and leaving?

seyferjm
02-27-2013, 08:49 PM
No I do not trust him, at all in fact. He's been through "conversions" in the past and I don't feel as though this one is anymore honest than the rest.

jtstellar
02-27-2013, 09:18 PM
it's one thing if you think glenn beck isn't libertarian enough but to get asked a question and suggest libertarians shouldn't even work with conservatives by saying "there's absolutely nothing alike, zero resemblance between libertarians and conservatives", which the other two -more- prominent guests immediately disagreed. who invited this fringe idiot? don't even know his name, most teenager or college students shouldn't be allowed to represent us. that's not the best we have and i want to piss all over myself just by typing out this obvious fact

edit: deleted other critique cus other parts of the interview isn't out, saving rest for last

kcchiefs6465
02-27-2013, 09:23 PM
"Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck Glenn Beck "

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/guns/headshot-suicide.gif (http://www.sherv.net/headshot-emoticon-494.html)

AuH20
02-27-2013, 09:29 PM
ugh who is that some 20yr old crossing his legs sounding the most ineloquent of all posturing like he knows the most? this is like typical teenage attitude, just repeat everything my dad says and there you have it, i am always right. he iterates this thing in the most confident sounding tone possible and by mid sentence you actually realize he's speaking something a kindergartener can say, question was asked 'do we agree on where the voter base is and where we appeal' and the kid jumps in and say 'we increase appeal to Washington by (long winded sentence in a subtly nervous tone and rushed pace)', which is just saying when voters are converted it increases incentive to politicians (duh). wanna uncross that leg when sitting directly facing the tv camera or sound less childish-cocky or speak something more fittingly thought-provacative?

The gentleman from the SFL wasn't that pretentious, but he did seem to be surprised by Beck's transitional idea. I think when you are so consumed by the minute details of pure liberty, that you tend to ignore the political reality, which is that pure, undistilled liberty is a frightening, impractical proposal at the moment. It's shocking how many well-read libertarians can't get over this simple conclusive hurdle, without immediately condemning such an initiative as "selling out."

GunnyFreedom
02-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Jack Hunter is brilliant in parts 1 and 2 of that clip. Well, he made the points that I would have made anyway. :p

But then I'm also in bridge-building and coalition-building mode, which is what Hunter and Beck were working from, so it was ultimately compatible.

Trust Glenn Beck? Not yet. I want to see him go through an election cycle without beckstabbing folks and then I'll transition to "trust but verify," and then another election cycle after that without beckstabbing folks, and THEN maybe 'trust' will come.

I am sure that Glenn or his people do read these threads. You have an avenue here, and a real opportunity to help build this coalition and help make victory happen. 2014 cannot, must not be a repeat of 2008, 2010, and 2012.

You keep telling the truth and people will climb on board. You manage to go though a couple high pressure elections without abandoning the ship and scuttling it, and then we'll talk about trust. Fair?

amonasro
02-27-2013, 09:43 PM
no i don't trust him. hell no. no. no. no. nononono.

green73
02-27-2013, 09:43 PM
I trust Glenn Beck because I have no memory!

GunnyFreedom
02-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Oh, and Glenn - you really, REALLY need to look at Dr. Greg Brannon running for US Senate out of NC in 2014. And of course myself Glen Bradley running for Vice Chairman of the NCGOP in 2013. Do your research, you will find that we are both the real deal, as real as it gets, and we are working the Conservative/Libertarian coalition which as you recognize is the only way we are going to get away from the Obamas and the Bushes. You want to really, really help us make a major leap forward? The amount of publicity you could generate for both of our candidacies would be profound.

VoluntaryAmerican
02-27-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm going to neg rep the next Glen Beck thread i see.

edit:

I've already threatened to negrep anybody who spells his name with only one n

I'm going to neg rep the next Glenn Beck thread i see.

Fixed.

GunnyFreedom
02-27-2013, 09:48 PM

speciallyblend
02-27-2013, 09:50 PM
no, would be nice to see some transcripts . I REFUSE TO CLICK BECK LINKS to his site. I do not want to give him my traffic.

qh4dotcom
02-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Here's what Beck has to do to regain my trust

- Apologize to Ron Paul for all his attacks on him and not endorsing him.
- Apologize to Debra Medina for the hatchet job/9-11 question.
- Apologize to Ron Paul supporters for calling them terrorists.

Anything else I left out?

sparebulb

My buddies always used to joke that guys with two "n's" in their name like Kenn and Glenn are either hairdressers and/or pole-smokers. I've never seen Glenn Beck with a pair of scissors.....

speciallyblend

gle beck! like trusting a whore! he doesn't deserve any n's!!

kcchiefs6465
02-27-2013, 09:53 PM

Apologize for crying?

ETA: Seriously though, I didn't like him mocking Lowkey. One of the only true informed artists speaking up about any of this bullshit. Him mocking and disregarding the CIA backed coups of Salvador Allende, Mohammed Mossadegh and Patrice Lumumba annoyed me. I'll add that to my list of acknowledgements before he even gets one iota of respect from me.

QuickZ06
02-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Glenn seems to be pretty scared about the drugzzzzz but what he fails to realize is that the number one drug that kills is prescription drugs and its given to you buy a doctor. Not to mention we have alcohol and cigarettes which are ok though, thanks to the Lordship allowing it.

AuH20
02-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Glenn seems to be pretty scared about the drugzzzzz but what he fails to realize is that the number one drug that kills is prescription drugs and its given to you buy a doctor. Not to mention we have alcohol and cigarettes which are ok though, thanks to the Lordship allowing it.

True, but he makes a great point that the nanny state mentality and corresponding legal apparatus must be dissassembled before we can legalize drugs. For example, I have no qualms about stepping over the corpse of a junkie on my way to work, but others may not be as hardened as I am.

GunnyFreedom
02-27-2013, 09:57 PM
gle beck! like trusting a whore! he doesn't deserve any n's!!

LMAO!

cajuncocoa
02-27-2013, 09:57 PM
My buddies always used to joke that guys with two "n's" in their name like Kenn and Glenn are either hairdressers and/or pole-smokers. I've never seen Glenn Beck with a pair of scissors.....
Obviously he can't be a hairdresser....have you seen his hair??

NoOneButPaul
02-27-2013, 10:04 PM
No

jmdrake
02-27-2013, 10:09 PM
No. But when he gives good people a fair chance to talk I'm happy.

speciallyblend
02-27-2013, 10:16 PM
LMAO!

thought you would like that. i was just being goofy:)

hammy
02-27-2013, 10:17 PM
I actually don't care if he's faking or not. We need more friends in the liberty movement or we will be on the fringe forever. I don't have to trust him, but I have no problem using him.

fr33
02-27-2013, 10:17 PM
If Glenn wants to learn about libertarianism he should invite Jacob Hornberger back and give him more air time. He was the smartest man in the room.

speciallyblend
02-27-2013, 10:18 PM
No. But when he gives good people a fair chance to talk I'm happy.

hopefully someone can post transcripts so i don't have to watch him or visit his sites. i will not click the blaze or any beck site.

Bastiat's The Law
02-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Jack Hunter is brilliant in parts 1 and 2 of that clip. Well, he made the points that I would have made anyway. :p

But then I'm also in bridge-building and coalition-building mode, which is what Hunter and Beck were working from, so it was ultimately compatible.

Trust Glenn Beck? Not yet. I want to see him go through an election cycle without beckstabbing folks and then I'll transition to "trust but verify," and then another election cycle after that without beckstabbing folks, and THEN maybe 'trust' will come.

I am sure that Glenn or his people do read these threads. You have an avenue here, and a real opportunity to help build this coalition and help make victory happen. 2014 cannot, must not be a repeat of 2008, 2010, and 2012.

You keep telling the truth and people will climb on board. You manage to go though a couple high pressure elections without abandoning the ship and scuttling it, and then we'll talk about trust. Fair?
My sentiments exact.

jtstellar
02-27-2013, 10:28 PM
The gentleman from the SFL wasn't that pretentious, but he did seem to be surprised by Beck's transitional idea. I think when you are so consumed by the minute details of pure liberty, that you tend to ignore the political reality, which is that pure, undistilled liberty is a frightening, impractical proposal at the moment. It's shocking how many well-read libertarians can't get over this simple conclusive hurdle, without immediately condemning such an initiative as "selling out."

actually after 2nd thought i am withholding some parts of the critique until the entire program is over cus it seems there's more than 2 parts and jack hunter wasn't as stellar as i expected him to be in part 2. decent, but i didn't see him connecting with glenn beck personally, he occasionally does that in debates. his mouth was dry too making that nasty sound when speaking into the mic

http://www.video.theblaze.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=25621895&topic_id=24584158

glenn beck's new project the Blaze is expanding quickly, 100 million initial money down and they already recovered budget?

a little relevant tid bit if we can use theBlaze as our ally to get the message out, they hit a billion site hit or something within two weeks? alil hazy, don't want to recheck the stats, watch it yourself.

Bastiat's The Law
02-27-2013, 10:31 PM
True, but he makes a great point that the nanny state mentality and corresponding legal apparatus must be dissassembled before we can legalize drugs. For example, I have no qualms about stepping over the corpse of a junkie on my way to work, but others may not be as hardened as I am.
Why does nobody ever mention Portugal when people discuss drug legalization? They still have a nanny state and legal apparatus of sorts. It's not perfect, but it's light years ahead of anything the U.S. has. Best of all its working.

DGambler
02-27-2013, 10:38 PM

Yep, you said it better than I have. I'd rep you, but I gotta spread it around first.

QuickZ06
02-27-2013, 10:59 PM
The only thing I really did not like about those two videos was Glenn's use of "you guys" you guys need to do this, you guys need to be more relevant, or you guys need to bring the libertarian seat back. Listen Glenn if you are one of "us" you need to use the phrase we not you, might help.

NorfolkPCSolutions
02-28-2013, 12:25 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0xyptx23k1r25qen.jpghttp://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30701136.jpghttp://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130207113156/glee/images/e/e3/Glee-oh-hell-no.gifhttp://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/32650843.jpghttp://www.troll.me/images/angry-samuel-l-jackson/-hell-the-fuck-no.jpghttp://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29097013.jpghttp://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_madt4yrkTD1qzxx15.gifhttp://t.qkme.me/3og2ih.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/shoeless/251728674v7_480x480_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg

amonasro
02-28-2013, 12:38 AM
I actually don't care if he's faking or not. We need more friends in the liberty movement or we will be on the fringe forever. I don't have to trust him, but I have no problem using him.

We can use him, but it does more damage in the long run when he uses us.

Dogsoldier
02-28-2013, 01:11 AM
"I actually don't care if he's faking or not. We need more friends in the liberty movement or we will be on the fringe forever. I don't have to trust him, but I have no problem using him. "

I agree. We need to give him a chance. Its not like were some gang that can kick him out anyway. Right now he is pushing libertarianism and that is great. Time will tell the story of Beck. Lets stop running him down and use this for our advantage. We can't control him and what he does.

COpatriot
02-28-2013, 01:24 AM
I would trust a loan shark more than Glenn Beck.

talkingpointes
02-28-2013, 01:31 AM
As my father would say: I would rather drag my dick through a mile of broken glass.

Anywho, the beginning of the video of Slaback's intro is damn hillarious. Does this guy think he's on an axe commercial?

scottditzen
02-28-2013, 10:38 AM
How about stop crying and try and gain some semblance of emotional stability.

talkingpointes
02-28-2013, 12:19 PM
How about stop crying and try and gain some semblance of emotional stability.

*Sniff Sniffle* cough.... The guy is still a piece of shit.

Athan
02-28-2013, 01:20 PM
I trust him as much as I trust the BATF with holding my guns.

AGRP
03-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Outside of Beck being a proven charlatan, what is the point of this drama?

TheGrinch
03-01-2013, 01:56 PM
A small minority trying to convince us that he's changed, with a vast majority remembering how many times he's cried wolf... Other than that, just the usual needless drama-queening around here.

ninepointfive
03-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Not sure - but I'll put myself out on a limb here, and say that he's doing some good in bringing in a lot of new people.

Sure, some people will follow him as a sheep to a shepherd if he turncoats, but many more people are independent and can make up their own mind. It's a net plus.

kathy88
03-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Not sure.... But let's start another thread about it, shall we?

AGRP
03-01-2013, 02:00 PM
A small minority trying to convince us that he's changed, with a vast majority remembering how many times he's cried wolf... Other than that, just the usual needless drama-queening around here.

Lets say he did change and we take his word. Changed for what? So, he can be a defacto "leader?" Why does liberty need a "leader" anyway? If there was ever a "leader" it was Ron Paul.

jbauer
03-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Theres nothing better to talk about right now. We're kinda in the political off-season.

I'd be curious though if there has been any increase in internet traffic with all the Beck media thats been going on latley? I'd be quite interesting to know what if any impact its having on this site and other liberty sites.

jtstellar
03-01-2013, 02:15 PM
we want his 1 billion site hit and tens of millions of audience and his sponsorship a business model that recollected 100 million he put down for this business almost instantly, never expected before by internet tv business models? this movement needs sponsors, a tiny tad bit of point, anyone of you feel you can do better by smashing a keyboard, feel free to do so

TheGrinch
03-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Lets say he did change and we take his word. Changed for what? So, he can be a defacto "leader?" Why does liberty need a "leader" anyway? If there was ever a "leader" it was Ron Paul.

I don't think anyone, even those giving him the benefit of the doubt would claim he's some sort of a leader... The only positive would be that he could be a mouthpiece for our ideals before inevitably co-opting the message and turning his back on us.

But no, while I think we can use him as he tries to use us, the drama surrounding him is largely just bickering. No one is expecting him to lead a revival of libertarianism and constitutionalism, or at least I hope not.

Thor
03-01-2013, 02:27 PM

And he wants to crown himself leader of the Libertarian News Network (or whatever he wants to call it) and create a Libertarian Town or Libertarianville (or whatever his live in theme park is all about) and a lot of us remember all the times he saw the light before, only to flip. So do we want a quasi, back flipping "libertarian" trying to take over and run the future of the movement (or his version of it co-opting the name "libertarian"), when we have seen his fake crying, snake oil sales pitches of yesterday when he "saw the light" then too?

Basically, Beck has seen a niche to exploit and an avenue to try and make money. Is he truly converted? Time will tell. But some of us don't just roll over and spread legs just because someone asks us to. ;)

TCE
03-01-2013, 02:30 PM
It's March 1st of 2013. We're bored. What else is really going on aside from Congress pretending there is another fiscal crisis, which happens every single Quarter now?

belian78
03-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Keeping us fighting amongst ourselves instead of putting our heads together and formulating new grassroots projects to help forward our agendas on the state levels. Same thing as all the hullaballoo with Rand, same as the stupid crap about the ron paul web address, same as.... You get the picture.

This site used to be a freakin bastion of spontaneus thought and action. People from around the country coming up with ideas and implementing them on days notice, it really was a sight to behold and it was awesome being a part of it. This site is a shell of it's former self with all the mindless bickering that goes on these days.

ZENemy
03-01-2013, 02:35 PM
This is hunting season...

The "libertarian" thing was big in 2012, its going to be even bigger in 2016 (my opinion) so they are starting to co-opt now. By the time 2016 Rolls around, Libertarians will love war and high taxes according to glen beck and his show. They will try to use all our favorites, The Judge, Rand, and anyone else you can imagine. If you cant beat them, join them and take that shit over is their motto.

History is on our side.

FSP-Rebel
03-01-2013, 02:45 PM
This site is a shell of it's former self with all the mindless bickering that goes on these days.
In many instances this could be the case. I try to post about my off-board activities as they come as do others yet I'm sure many do absolutely nothing or just don't like tooting their own horn. I would say that bragging about one's efforts or simply making note of them is an inspiration to others to emulate similar activism and/or show hope that staying engaged proves fruitful.

TCE
03-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Perhaps this entire board is like an old married couple and fighting brings us closer? For all of you who are old enough to remember Everybody Loves Raymond, these fights are reminiscent of Frank and Marie's constant bickering. It's obvious that they love each other, and they express it through arguing.

Antischism
03-01-2013, 03:00 PM
"Libertarianism" is the new, 'hip' thing, and people like Glenn Beck are hoping to cash in on it to avoid irrelevancy.

talkingpointes
03-01-2013, 03:05 PM
I trust him as much as I trust the BATF with holding my guns.

We need to make a meme. Call it "things I rather cut my genitals with than accept Beck as any sort of leader"

Maybe work on the title.

heavenlyboy34
03-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Outside of Beck being a proven charlatan, what is the point of this drama?

Too many people care what nonsense happens in the MSM circus.

RockEnds
03-01-2013, 03:29 PM

So it's okay to spend money incarcerating a perfectly healthy and productive 20-year-old for smoking a fat one so long as we're not stepping over the corpses of junkies?

I don't use drugs. Once in a great while I might take a benadryl or maybe take an advil. I do smoke tobacco. I don't drink alcohol. I don't smoke pot, and I've never slammed any kind of junk, but I sure as heck don't feel safer knowing that the boys who decide to burn one out behind the barn could at any moment have their lives ruined at taxpayer expense. I don't need Glenn Beck or anyone else to try to convince me that police action against these people are making me or anyone else in society 'safer' and that somehow this policy is keeping the bleeding heart liberals at bay.

vita3
03-01-2013, 04:24 PM
DISTRACTION

John Kerry just pledged $60 Million in aid to Mujhadeen inside Syria

& instead of protesting this, a good chunk of politicaly active Americans are focused on this fraud.

sailingaway
03-01-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm going to merge this with one of the many many threads on the exact same subject.