PDA

View Full Version : RINO Hunting - CFG to primary nine Repubs

Smart3
02-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Club for Growth Action is targeting nine incumbent Republican lawmakers for primary challenges.

The super-PAC, which associated with the pro-free-market group that has previously backed conservative challengers in Republican primaries, has launched a website that aims "to raise awareness of Republicans In Name Only (RINOs) who are currently serving in safe Republican seats."

The nine Republicans named in PrimaryMyCongressman.com have a lifetime Club for Growth rating of less than 70 percent, but currently serve in a district that GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney won with more than 60 percent of the vote. That makes them susceptible to a challenge from the right with little risk to the party as a whole.

Reps. Mike Simpson (Idaho), Adam Kinzinger (Ill.), Rick Crawford (Ark.), Frank Lucas (Okla.), Steve Palazzo (Miss.), Martha Roby (Ala.), Larry Bucshon (Ind.), Renee Ellmers (N.C.) and Aaron Schock (Ill.) are all listed in the first round of targets. Club for Growth plans to rotate the targeted Republicans "to highlight their failed record on limiting government."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/285193-club-for-growth-targeting-rino-republicans

I don't think we have anyone in those districts, but hey -maybe a few Bridenstines will pop their heads up.

Working Poor
02-27-2013, 03:40 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/285193-club-for-growth-targeting-rino-republicans

I don't think we have anyone in those districts, but hey -maybe a few Bridenstines will pop their heads up.
How about Glenn Bradley in NC?

Smart3
02-27-2013, 03:48 PM
How about Glenn Bradley in NC?

1. Glen is not interested in Congress
2. Glen is already running for a top job
3. Glen is not interested in Congress

erowe1
02-27-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm sure we have people in Bucshon's district, which is IN-8. That's where John Hostettler's from, although I doubt he's interested in running for Congress again. But maybe someone who was active in his campaigns. Kristi Risk also did respectably against Bucshon in at least one if not both of the last GOP primaries, and she's a big Ron Paul supporter.

Smart3
02-27-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm sure we have people in Bucshon's district, which is IN-8. That's where John Hostettler's from, although I doubt he's interested in running for Congress again. But maybe someone who was active in his campaigns. Kristi Risk also did respectably against Bucshon in at least one if not both of the last GOP primaries, and she's a big Ron Paul supporter.
And how did you acquire this information? She did very well against Bucshon in both 2010 (down 4%) and 2012 (down 19%)

With the right funding, she could win.

erowe1
02-28-2013, 04:58 PM
And how did you acquire this information? She did very well against Bucshon in both 2010 (down 4%) and 2012 (down 19%)

With the right funding, she could win.

It's pretty well known by people who were familiar with the race. I think you'll find evidence easily enough if you google Kristi Risk.

I'm not sure if she could beat him, or if she's the type that CFG would back. But I don't want to say anything negative about her, especially if there's a chance of her doing it, and there are people closer to that district whose opinions would be better than mine.

ETA: Here's something. http://www.dailypaul.com/175762/another-liberty-ron-rand-candidate-kristi-risk-for-indianas-8th

At any rate, whether it's Risk or someone else, I think that's a district where RP supporters have some strength, and some politically savvy folks.