PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Sparks Fly!!! TN Tries To Nullify Obama's Gun Control:

Matt Collins
02-27-2013, 02:15 PM
This JUST happened in the TN Senate, you won't believe what you see:
http://tnga.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=262&clip_id=7223&meta_id=134930

Notice the Governor sends a minion down to say that he'll veto it should it pass. I think Governor Haslam (RINO) just declared war on the 2nd Amendment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbcm5Uy0iTc&sns=em

kathy88
02-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Unavailable at the moment. Recap?

Reason
02-27-2013, 02:21 PM
So far listening to a guy speak from memory his impressive recollection of American history...

coastie
02-27-2013, 02:36 PM
When do the sparks fly?

Bastiat's The Law
02-27-2013, 02:39 PM
This is good.

BSU kid
02-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Okay boring guy with a slight twang explains the History of the Constitution, not that this isn't good but... where is the "sparks"?

Matt Collins
02-27-2013, 02:51 PM
So far listening to a guy speak from memory his impressive recollection of American history...Yeah, and he's the BAD guy! :mad:

TonySutton
02-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Time stamp for when sparks fly?

Matt Collins
02-27-2013, 02:52 PM
The second 30 minutes of it is the best.

coastie
02-27-2013, 03:00 PM
The second 30 minutes of it is the best.

:confused: What is the second 30 minutes? It's almost 2 hours long. I've watched 30 minutes so far, and nearly nodded off twice ...

presence
02-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Please try again later... the requested video is still processing. For faster results and a better viewing experience, download Microsoft® Silverlight™

Can we get more info on time/date who is involved what bill was being discussed so we can find a tube?

Reason
02-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Okay this is actually pretty good now.

Matt Collins
02-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Please try again later... the requested video is still processing. For faster results and a better viewing experience, download Microsoft® Silverlight™

Can we get more info on time/date who is involved what bill was being discussed so we can find a tube?
The TN Tenth Amendment Center will probably have a tube up later tonight or tomorrow. Once they do I'll post it here if I can.

tod evans
02-27-2013, 03:20 PM
http://cdn.uberreview.com/wp-content/uploads/nat-audio-magma-tube-amplifier-1.jpg

Acala
02-27-2013, 03:33 PM
The guy from the Tenth Amendment Center was great! That was maybe the best quick summary of the law of nullification I have ever heard.

JK/SEA
02-27-2013, 03:41 PM
bills still alive...interesting...very interesting exchanges. Thanks for posting Matt.

TonySutton
02-27-2013, 03:46 PM
The second witness was very interesting during questioning.

I have no personal opinion. I am simply pointing out what the framers said. :)

Acala
02-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Yup, the woman who followed the Tenth Amendment guy is also great, with her tattered copy of the Federalist papers. It warms my heart to see this level of discussion taking place in a legislature with no Ron Paul in sight!

seapilot
02-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Yup, the woman who followed the Tenth Amendment guy is also great, with her tattered copy of the Federalist papers. It warms my heart to see this level of discussion taking place in a legislature with no Ron Paul in sight!

It was interesting that she did not use her real name as a witness. She is incredible with the way she takes on the committee. I guess all trial lawyers are not bad :).

QuickZ06
02-27-2013, 03:51 PM

Well, we got to keep the torch lit and continue to carry it.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-27-2013, 03:52 PM
This JUST happened in the TN Senate, you won't believe what you see:
http://tnga.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=262&clip_id=7223&meta_id=134930

Notice the Governor sends a minion down to say that he'll veto it should it pass. I think Governor Haslam (RINO) just declared war on the 2nd Amendment...

Good. Make him veto it then.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-27-2013, 03:56 PM
So I just watched this whole thing and I am somewhat feeling like this is the new rick roll for nerds.

Bastiat's The Law
02-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Agreed. That these conversations are even taking place can be seen as a huge victory for us.

Acala
02-27-2013, 04:23 PM
These nullification bills shouldn't try to criminalize the actions of Federal Agents. That's a losing proposition at this stage. Instead they should deny any use of state resources - including courts, jails, law enforcement resources - and prohibit any member of the State bar from participating in any prosecution under penalty of pulling their license. And they should officially refuse to recognize any conviction under the Federal law for any purpose.

PaulineDisciple
02-27-2013, 05:25 PM
These nullification bills shouldn't try to criminalize the actions of Federal Agents. That's a losing proposition at this stage. Instead they should deny any use of state resources - including courts, jails, law enforcement resources - and prohibit any member of the State bar from participating in any prosecution under penalty of pulling their license. And they should officially refuse to recognize any conviction under the Federal law for any purpose.
Are you saying that law enforcement in TN shouldn't try to stop federal agents from arresting a citizen residing within their jurisdiction for exercising their rights? If so, I disagree, since law enforcement take an oath to defend the rights of the citizens within their jurisdiction, criminalizing acts of people operating outside of the law is precisely what they should do.

Matt Collins
02-27-2013, 07:40 PM
The guy from the Tenth Amendment Center was great! That was maybe the best quick summary of the law of nullification I have ever heard.
This is him:
http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/author/michael-maharrey/

WM_in_MO
02-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Still waiting for sparks.

PursuePeace
02-27-2013, 08:12 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

puppetmaster
02-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Can't watch now but I am excited!

TheTexan
02-27-2013, 08:40 PM

IMO These bills need a secession trigger if the Feds try to enforce illegal gun laws

Bastiat's The Law
02-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Would like to hear more debate about states nullifying Constitutional laws and the procedure to correct this. Seems like a version of the slippery slope argument the Chairman was making.

BSU kid
02-27-2013, 08:48 PM
After watching the whole thing it was pretty damn interesting, that litigation woman was pretty cool and I learned something about the Federalist Papers.

Bastiat's The Law
02-27-2013, 09:17 PM
IMO These bills need a secession trigger if the Feds try to enforce illegal gun laws
Nullification and Interposition were to be used as mediating devices and prevent radical secession solutions. Secession has way too much baggage to be viable in the 21st century. It would take a couple centuries just to change public sentiment on it and would likely take a black swan type event to serve as a catalyst just to bring it to fruition, let alone implementation. It won't happen within our lifetime.

TheTexan
02-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Nullification and Interposition were to be used as mediating devices and prevent radical secession solutions.

And if the FedGov gives you a "Well, fuck you" to your "nullification" and makes it worthless, what then?

The secession trigger would either serve as a deterrent from that happening to begin with, or would automatically return sovereignty back to the state which is even better.

Secession has way too much baggage to be viable in the 21st century. It would take a couple centuries just to change public sentiment on it and would likely take a black swan type event to serve as a catalyst just to bring it to fruition, let alone implementation. It won't happen within our lifetime.

Until just recently, states weren't even aware they had rights. Things are moving quickly. Nullification, at it's very essence, is just a partial secession. Nullification and secession have a lot more common than you realize, and as nullification gains more traction -- so will secession.

And when the dollar collapses, do you really believe states like Texas that are donor states and more than capable of handling their own affairs are really going to want to bail out states like California? No, sir.

Not to mention, that when the dollar collapses, the FedGov will almost certainly declare a national emergency and push for gun confiscation. Do you really think Texas is just going to let that happen? Do you really think California is going to just let Texas not let that happen?

No sir. Secession is both necessary and inevitable. You'll see the wisdom in my words in the coming years.

Matt Collins
02-28-2013, 08:02 AM
bills still alive...interesting...very interesting exchanges. Thanks for posting Matt.Yeah we are trying to put as much pressure on 1 guy that we can, he is the most likely to flip his vote.

If you want to e-mail him and call him and tell him to change his vote next week, that will be the best thing anyone can do to help us out:
http://capitol.tn.gov/senate/members/s24.html

(615)-741-4576
(731)-986-9742
sen.john.stevens@capitol.tn.gov

If anyone can find his cell phone number, the TN Campaign for Liberty is willing to pay good money for it!

Acala
02-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Are you saying that law enforcement in TN shouldn't try to stop federal agents from arresting a citizen residing within their jurisdiction for exercising their rights? If so, I disagree, since law enforcement take an oath to defend the rights of the citizens within their jurisdiction, criminalizing acts of people operating outside of the law is precisely what they should do.

I am a radical secessionist. I think Tennessee should exit the USA and respond as to an act of war to any incursion of agents of foreign governments that try and impose foreign law in the Republic of Tennessee. But I don't advocate that as a first step.

My suggestion is for a first step that will actually be adopted by a state government at this moment in time. It is going to be hard for any state to pass a law that requires local police to violently confront Federal agents. Biting off more than you can chew just results in the food being spit out. But with small bites, you can eat a buffalo.

Bastiat's The Law
02-28-2013, 09:26 AM
And if the FedGov gives you a "Well, fuck you" to your "nullification" and makes it worthless, what then?

The secession trigger would either serve as a deterrent from that happening to begin with, or would automatically return sovereignty back to the state which is even better.

Until just recently, states weren't even aware they had rights. Things are moving quickly. Nullification, at it's very essence, is just a partial secession. Nullification and secession have a lot more common than you realize, and as nullification gains more traction -- so will secession.

And when the dollar collapses, do you really believe states like Texas that are donor states and more than capable of handling their own affairs are really going to want to bail out states like California? No, sir.

Not to mention, that when the dollar collapses, the FedGov will almost certainly declare a national emergency and push for gun confiscation. Do you really think Texas is just going to let that happen? Do you really think California is going to just let Texas not let that happen?

No sir. Secession is both necessary and inevitable. You'll see the wisdom in my words in the coming years.
History is riddled with failed prophecies. Nullification is not "partial secession".

BAllen
02-28-2013, 09:39 AM
RP has said he doesn't necessarily advocate secession, but that it's a tool to keep the government in check. The threat can be as effective as the deed itself. That's what I like about him. He understands the concept of checks and balances, and incentives to solve problems.

Acala
02-28-2013, 10:20 AM
RP has said he doesn't necessarily advocate secession, but that it's a tool to keep the government in check. The threat can be as effective as the deed itself. That's what I like about him. He understands the concept of checks and balances, and incentives to solve problems.

Yup. If you had the undisputed right to peaceful secession at every level, government would never be ABLE to grow out of control so secession would not be needed.

Matt Collins
02-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Kelsey (Chair) and Campfield (somewhat of a liberty guy) got into a fight near the end. Kesley (Chair) refused to acknowledge Campfield's points of order and other motions. The Governor Haslam (RINO) sent a minion down to say that he wouldnt sign the bill if it passed

Then Kesley wouldn't let the witnesses answer any questions that were being asked by members of the Committee. He answered them instead.

Kelsey ruled that "the nays have it" on a voice vote procedural motion to suspend the rules to allow the witnesses to speak. When Campfield requested the roll call, Kelsey was the only one who voted "nay".

They are scared to death of this bill and are doing whatever they can to kill it.

TheTexan
02-28-2013, 11:16 AM
History is riddled with failed prophecies. Nullification is not "partial secession".

Shrug. Nations are constantly in flux. I don't see why you believe the 50 states of the United States is somehow set in stone.

ClydeCoulter
02-28-2013, 11:28 AM
The arguement that because sheriffs know the feds is no excuse. Do they not know some of those that smoke a leaf that they arrest? The thin blue line is long.

Acala
02-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Shrug. Nations are constantly in flux. I don't see why you believe the 50 states of the United States is somehow set in stone.

And this nation is in the midst of what looks like a polarization that will never heal. If the political polarization becomes a more clearly delineated geographic one, secession WILL happen.

Bastiat's The Law
02-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Because there's a difference between possibility and probability. Theoretically the sun, which is a bubbling cauldron of nuclear fusion, could explode tomorrow; but probability says it won't.

Matt Collins
02-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Video added to the OP

TheTexan
02-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Because there's a difference between possibility and probability. Theoretically the sun, which is a bubbling cauldron of nuclear fusion, could explode tomorrow; but probability says it won't.

10 years before the American Revolution, revolution was unthinkable. It wasn't until 6 years prior, with the Boston Massacre, that revolution even began to be considered. Revolution didn't appear likely until only a couple years before the revolution.

Another historical example is the Soviet Union. Wikipedia has this to say on the subject (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_of_Soviet_collapse)

There were people who predicted that the Soviet Union would eventually be dissolved before the process of dissolution began with the Polish Round Table Agreement in April 1989.
Authors often credited with having predicted the dissolution of the Soviet Union include Andrei Amalrik in Will the Soviet Union Survive Until 1984? (1970), French academic Emmanuel Todd in La chute finale: Essais sur la décomposition de la sphère Soviétique (The Final Fall: An essay on the decomposition of the Soviet sphere) (1976), economist Ravi Batra in his 1978 book The Downfall of Capitalism and Communism and French historian Hélène Carrère d'Encausse.[1] Additionally, Walter Laqueur notes that "Various articles that appeared in professional journals such as Problems of Communism and Survey dealt with the decay and the possible downfall of the Soviet regime."[2] In the United States, chiefly among conservatives,[3][4] the politician most credited with predicting the dissolution of the Soviet Union is President Ronald Reagan.
Many of the predictions made before 1980 about the fall of the Soviet Union were considered by those who uttered them as a somewhat remote possibility rather than a probability. However, for some (such as Amalrik and Todd) the idea was much more than a passing thought.[2] Whether any particular prediction was correct is still a matter of debate, since the reasons for the Soviet Union's actual collapse may be different from the reasons given by the various authors in their predictions.

The dissolution of the Soviet Union came out of nowhere for most people. The country was considered by many to be "stable" right up until the dissolution.

The bottom line is a lot can happen in 6 years. Most people will remain oblivious to it until it hits them in the face, but that doesn't make it any less "likely" to happen.

The US Constitution has just about run its course. The country will be undergoing extreme changes very soon to either renew the constitution, or scrap it. Whether it happens in the next 6 years or in the next 30, I can't say for sure.

But I would guess on the lower end of that side, because these unprecedented games bankers are playing on a global scale is rapidly losing stability, and I don't think it can survive for more than a few years at most.

You can remain oblivious to the massive changes that are coming shortly, but it's still going to happen. What exactly is going to happen, I have no idea. But everything is on the table. Secession, revolution, dictatorship, fascism, genocide, World War III, a true return to the constitution, any of these things might happen.

And if I have a choice in how that plays out, I would prefer to peacefully secede while we can instead of getting in a massive bloodbath that we may not even win.

ClydeCoulter
02-28-2013, 10:26 PM
Here's info on that lady that testified, we need to show her some love.

https://publiushuldah.wordpress.com/
https://twitter.com/publiushuldah

ClydeCoulter
02-28-2013, 10:44 PM
James Madison Rebukes Nullification Deniers (https://publiushuldah.wordpress.com/2013/01/31/james-madison-rebukes-nullification-deniers/)

This is The Age of Ignorance. Our “intellectuals” can’t think. Our “scholars” parrot each other. The self-educated fixate on idiotic theories. Our People despise Truth and disseminate lies.

Petar
03-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Watched the whole thing and it was actually quite historic...

Matt Collins
03-01-2013, 05:14 AM
The second witness was very interesting during questioning.

:)

That woman was beyond brilliant. I'd like to ask her out :D

tod evans
03-01-2013, 05:36 AM
She's brilliant!

Here's info on that lady that testified, we need to show her some love.

https://publiushuldah.wordpress.com/
https://twitter.com/publiushuldah

Acala
03-01-2013, 08:54 AM
10 years before the American Revolution, revolution was unthinkable. It wasn't until 6 years prior, with the Boston Massacre, that revolution even began to be considered. Revolution didn't appear likely until only a couple years before the revolution.

Another historical example is the Soviet Union. Wikipedia has this to say on the subject (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_of_Soviet_collapse)

The dissolution of the Soviet Union came out of nowhere for most people. The country was considered by many to be "stable" right up until the dissolution.

The bottom line is a lot can happen in 6 years. Most people will remain oblivious to it until it hits them in the face, but that doesn't make it any less "likely" to happen.

The US Constitution has just about run its course. The country will be undergoing extreme changes very soon to either renew the constitution, or scrap it. Whether it happens in the next 6 years or in the next 30, I can't say for sure.

But I would guess on the lower end of that side, because these unprecedented games bankers are playing on a global scale is rapidly losing stability, and I don't think it can survive for more than a few years at most.

You can remain oblivious to the massive changes that are coming shortly, but it's still going to happen. What exactly is going to happen, I have no idea. But everything is on the table. Secession, revolution, dictatorship, fascism, genocide, World War III, a true return to the constitution, any of these things might happen.

And if I have a choice in how that plays out, I would prefer to peacefully secede while we can instead of getting in a massive bloodbath that we may not even win.

Yup. And the mighty Soviet Union dissolved with almost no violence. The big difference is that the USA is more homogenous than was the USSR. The USSR was always internally divided on ethnic and linguistic grounds so when the central power began to totter, there were natural sub-units ready to split off. Most citizens of the USA identify more with the Federal entity than with their state, although many in the Southeast may have stronger regional identification and some urban dwellers (NY, for example) may identify most strongly with their city. So in the USA the parts will not separate so readily.

ClydeCoulter
03-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Bump, for very good content.

Occam's Banana
03-01-2013, 12:12 PM

Analogy fail. The Sun is a material object that operates under well known physical constraints and within well-understood & delineated parameters. Human societies are many, many orders of magnitude more complex.

The concepts of probability and possibility in the realm of human action are not even remotely comparable to their counterparts in the physical sciences.

Human beings are not fusioning atoms and human societies are not gravitational fields.

Original_Intent
03-01-2013, 12:20 PM
That woman was beyond brilliant. I'd like to ask her out :D

No kidding. Brains like that are incredibly attractive. If I were single I'd take her out on dates just for the conversation! Very awe inspiring.

Matt Collins
03-01-2013, 12:23 PM
No kidding. Brains like that are incredibly attractive. If I were single I'd take her out on dates just for the conversation! Very awe inspiring.

Oh, and her accent was interesting too ;)

jmdrake
03-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Kelsey (Chair) and Campfield (somewhat of a liberty guy) got into a fight near the end. Kesley (Chair) refused to acknowledge Campfield's points of order and other motions. The Governor Haslam (RINO) sent a minion down to say that he wouldnt sign the bill if it passed

Then Kesley wouldn't let the witnesses answer any questions that were being asked by members of the Committee. He answered them instead.

Kelsey ruled that "the nays have it" on a voice vote procedural motion to suspend the rules to allow the witnesses to speak. When Campfield requested the roll call, Kelsey was the only one who voted "nay".

They are scared to death of this bill and are doing whatever they can to kill it.

If it dies, it should be brought back as a ballot initiative. When the 10th amendment fails, there's still the 9th.

Matt Collins
03-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Yup, the woman who followed the Tenth Amendment guy is also great, with her tattered copy of the Federalist papers. It warms my heart to see this level of discussion taking place in a legislature with no Ron Paul in sight!Trust me when I tell you that the walls were shaking in the Capitol that day. And the establishment was trembling....

Quark
03-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Well looking at her Facebook, I'm not too sure about her opinions on Dr. Paul, but her arguments were refreshingly sound and she's a constitutionalist, nevertheless.

http://www.facebook.com/publius.huldah

"FOX says he filed his suit with the UNITED NATIONS!

I knew who this guy was from the beginning. He was a fraud then, and never stopped being a fraud. So! Will the paulbots finally see their hero for the fraud he is?"

"Thank you for your informative comments, Michael. I have had experience with both categories in the Ron Paul camp; but didn't understand that the anarchists were just using "constitutionalism" as a bait to trap the others, until you showed us. I knew that Ron Paul didn't really support the Constitution, and didn't know why some people thought he did.

It also explains the vitriolic attacks on our Constitution, Alexander Hamilton, and James Madison which I have seen come out of what I now realize is the anarchist camp of the Ron Paul people.

I wondered where the people who babble about the Anti-Federalist Papers and the Articles of Confederation as being better than Our Federalist Papers and Our Constitution got their ideas.

They have NO IDEA that all our Constitution did was to secure some of the rights God gave us. I have shown this, but the RP people won't read it b/c they think they know.

Our Constitution wasn't perfect b/c of slavery. Hamilton & John Jay, among others, were abolitionists. But they were outvoted. Slavery at the time was universal, and man is fallen.

But we fixed slavery.

Anyway, thank you, and you make an excellent investigator. "

osan
03-01-2013, 04:25 PM

I question the tacit premise here, which is that They give a damn about incentives. They now hold enormous power over a mostly house-broken population. Every outrage is met in the same fashion. 3% are ready to fight, 26% are in love, and 71% (root mean square) are too stupid or apathetic to care either way.

At this point, no single state poses a significant threat to the agenda. Were TX to try and secede, it would be leveled in short order as an example to the rest. The formalities of government are now being observed ONLY because it is convenient for Them. They have militarized the police. Posse Comitatus is formally destroyed. Military, both foreign and domestic, are drilled in firing upon civilians, having been heavily conditioned to the us v. them mentality of elitism. There is sufficient legal infrastructure in place to arrest anyone, anywhere, at any time, for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Most, and I do mean most Americans are more concerned with the newest release for their Xbox than their freedoms. All the heartwarming videos and other accounts of young people getting clued-up are nothing when compared with the endless sea of cow-eyed imbeciles who really do believe that we are on a good track with Bammy, etc.

"We" are outnumbered better than 30:1 by our own population alone. Bring in foreign armies and that goes way up. Do not discount the possibility of Mexican regulars driving north from the border or NATO from Canada. If the agenda is threatened, They will pull out all stops and at this time they almost certainly have the chops to pulls it off. But why take that risk if they can manage the coup with the consent of the cattle?

I suspect that if "we" make an good show of ourselves resisting, They will suddenly show a very different face and the vast majority of the world will stand behind them. Most of this issue stands to be settled within matters of weeks, literally. Nowhere near the required mass of this population possesses the attitude, nor are they materially prepared for a fight like this. They will be logistically sound, we will be starving. That alone will reel the majority of dissenters in within a short span... that or they will simple issue standing kill orders to slaughter anyone failing to fall to their knees on command.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer, but only to remind everyone that They are playing very much for keeps and the odds are not with us.

Fight anyway. Have we anything better to do?

BAllen
03-01-2013, 07:50 PM
I question the tacit premise here, which is that They give a damn about incentives. They now hold enormous power over a mostly house-broken population. Every outrage is met in the same fashion. 3% are ready to fight, 26% are in love, and 71% (root mean square) are too stupid or apathetic to care either way.

At this point, no single state poses a significant threat to the agenda. Were TX to try and secede, it would be leveled in short order as an example to the rest. The formalities of government are now being observed ONLY because it is convenient for Them. They have militarized the police. Posse Comitatus is formally destroyed. Military, both foreign and domestic, are drilled in firing upon civilians, having been heavily conditioned to the us v. them mentality of elitism. There is sufficient legal infrastructure in place to arrest anyone, anywhere, at any time, for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Most, and I do mean most Americans are more concerned with the newest release for their Xbox than their freedoms. All the heartwarming videos and other accounts of young people getting clued-up are nothing when compared with the endless sea of cow-eyed imbeciles who really do believe that we are on a good track with Bammy, etc.

"We" are outnumbered better than 30:1 by our own population alone. Bring in foreign armies and that goes way up. Do not discount the possibility of Mexican regulars driving north from the border or NATO from Canada. If the agenda is threatened, They will pull out all stops and at this time they almost certainly have the chops to pulls it off. But why take that risk if they can manage the coup with the consent of the cattle?

I suspect that if "we" make an good show of ourselves resisting, They will suddenly show a very different face and the vast majority of the world will stand behind them. Most of this issue stands to be settled within matters of weeks, literally. Nowhere near the required mass of this population possesses the attitude, nor are they materially prepared for a fight like this. They will be logistically sound, we will be starving. That alone will reel the majority of dissenters in within a short span... that or they will simple issue standing kill orders to slaughter anyone failing to fall to their knees on command.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer, but only to remind everyone that They are playing very much for keeps and the odds are not with us.

Fight anyway. Have we anything better to do?

Oh, come on! The odds weren't with The Revolution either. How many times does the favored team lose in sports? There are many examples of underdogs winning. The leader can suffer from arrogant over confidence as well.