PDA

View Full Version : How is polling done?

rp4prez
11-23-2007, 10:58 AM
I haven't really been able to find many articles about how polling is done but I was hoping that I could see if this thinking is correct and if it isn't could someone please correct me. :)

A "likely Republican voter" for the primary is defined as someone who voted in the past two primaries. - True or False? From what I understand this is true and since a whopping 6.6% of people came out to vote in the 2004 primaries that leaves only Bush supporters that are "likely Republican voters."

Okay so that's really the only question I have. Are there others I should be asking?

Thanks!

pcosmar
11-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Yup, and add this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9EWDB_zK4

And you have the answer.

Enzo
11-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Also, these polls are conducted over the phone.

Everybody knows that most people no longer have a land line.

If they do, most of the people that actually answer the phone are probably so annoyed with solicitors calling them while they're trying to eat dinner, that they are gonna hang up on them.

So the tiny percentage of people who are actually registered Republicans, voted in the last 2 primaries, have a land line, AND didn't hang up on an annoying telephone solicitor, are the people responsible for these super-important, scientific poll results.

What a joke.