PDA

View Full Version : A DHS Agent is a harassing blogger over the boat they were loathe to return to him

Lucille
02-26-2013, 04:43 PM
The poor, put-upon "public servants" vs. "Mr. Rich guy..."

The Department of Homeland (Achtung!) Security steals Michael Arrington’s boat. And gives it back, but only with a whole lot of bitching.
http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/ClaireWolfe/2013/02/25/monday-links-12/

DHS IS A DANGEROUS, BULLYING, LYING ORGANIZATION
http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=49961

Below are two posts from Blogger Michael Arrington on his website http://uncrunched.com/.

It tells you everything you need to know about the people who run and work for the Department of Homeland Security. They are stupid, arrogant, bullying, lying, dangerous thugs.

YESTERDAY’S INITIAL POST:

I live a fairly simple life and that didn’t change much after I sold TechCrunch in 2010. I didn’t buy a new house or even a new car. The one thing I did splurge on was a boat.

Nothing too fancy or large. I live near Seattle and there’s a big boating culture up here. I found a small company that builds boats specifically for this area called Coastal Craft. I ordered it in 2011 and planned on writing about the experience after it was delivered.

I named her Buddy. It has state of the art electronics and a fairly new highly efficient propulsion system that the TechCrunch audience would be interested in.

Today was the day that Buddy was going to be delivered. That didn’t happen, because the Department of Homeland Security seized the boat.

Buddy has to clear customs, part of the DHS, since she was built in Canada.

My job was to show up and sign forms and then leave with Buddy (WA sales tax and registration fees come a week later).

DHS takes documents supplied by the builder and creates a government form that includes basic information about the boat, including the price.

The primary form, prepared by the government, had an error. The price was copied from the invoice, but DHS changed the currency from Canadian to U.S. dollars.

It has language at the bottom with serious sounding statements that the information is true and correct, and a signature block.

I pointed out the error and suggested that we simply change the currency from US $ to CAD $ so that is was correct. Or instead, amend the amount so that it was correct in U.S. dollars.

I thought this was important because I was signing it and swearing that the information, and specifically the price, was correct.

The DHS agent didn’t care about the error and told me to sign the form anyway. “It’s just paperwork, it doesn’t matter,” she said. I declined.

She called another agent and said simply “He won’t sign the form.” I asked to speak to that agent to give them a more complete picture of the situation. She wouldn’t allow that.

Then she seized the boat. As in, demanded that we get off the boat, demanded the keys and took physical control of it.

What struck me the most about the situation is how excited she got about seizing the boat. Like she was just itching for something like this to happen. This was a very happy day for her...

I'm sure it was a happy day for her.

More at the link(s) but here's the first comment by thug #2 who came to thug #1's rescue to defend her honor:

Okay all, the rest of the story(I was there). 1. The amount on both invoice and CBP form were in U.S dollars correctly completed on the form. 2. Just because someone has $$$ and posts something first on the web, doesn’t make them true. 3. The officer in question did not act gleefully, in fact SHE called back to the office and vessel manufacturer several times to verify the stated value. 4. The officer in question vilified by this rich individual now has to endure all the grief posted here and elsewhere by Mr rich guy and explain why she followed the LEGAL document value and wouldn’t cow to his brow beating. 5. Coastal Craft ended up paying for a broker to perform what should have been a personal importation and guess what The value on that entry was EXACTLY the same as on the CBP presented form. 6. Mr. Rich guy will probably post everywhere now that HE was right due to the fact that he has his boat and did not sign anything, but the fact is that the company took the high moral ground and due to ALL the false posting by Arrington, they paid for the paperwork to be processed. 7. We are all at the mercy of individuals who feel (right or wrong) that they can put out whatever they feel and get hundreds of all of you all worked up about the big bad government, fact is the is/was correct and all of us had to jump thru hoops due to arrington’s posts and written falsehoods. 8. I am proud to work with this office/officer and all of you should be ashamed for vilifying her/DHS without knowing the facts. 9. Most working folds have bosses and we are no exception sadly we had to answer many questions for correctly performing our sworn duties due to all the bad press put out by someone who feels entitled or above the public servant. Shame on you.

Can you believe this thug is harassing a blogger on his blog? Can you believe any of it?! The wealth envy is bad enough, but there are 7-year-olds that use better grammar than that. Where do they find these Marxist idiots?! LOL...

I want the whole department gone and all of its minions out of work, but if DHS agents have time to bug bloggers, then we have waaay too many of them with waaay too much time on their hands.

DHS: Keeping us safe from imported boats since 2002.

coastie
02-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Okay all, the rest of the story(I was there). 1. The amount on both invoice and CBP form were in U.S dollars correctly completed on the form. 2. Just because someone has $$$ and posts something first on the web, doesn’t make them true. 3. The officer in question did not act gleefully, in fact SHE called back to the office and vessel manufacturer several times to verify the stated value. 4. The officer in question vilified by this rich individual now has to endure all the grief posted here and elsewhere by Mr rich guy and explain why she followed the LEGAL document value and wouldn’t cow to his brow beating. 5. Coastal Craft ended up paying for a broker to perform what should have been a personal importation and guess what The value on that entry was EXACTLY the same as on the CBP presented form. 6. Mr. Rich guy will probably post everywhere now that HE was right due to the fact that he has his boat and did not sign anything, but the fact is that the company took the high moral ground and due to ALL the false posting by Arrington, they paid for the paperwork to be processed. 7. We are all at the mercy of individuals who feel (right or wrong) that they can put out whatever they feel and get hundreds of all of you all worked up about the big bad government, fact is the is/was correct and all of us had to jump thru hoops due to arrington’s posts and written falsehoods. 8. I am proud to work with this office/officer and all of you should be ashamed for vilifying her/DHS without knowing the facts. 9. Most working folds have bosses and we are no exception sadly we had to answer many questions for correctly performing our sworn duties due to all the bad press put out by someone who feels entitled or above the public servant. Shame on you.

Look here, you obviously undereducated FUCKING LEECH...

1. Get fucked. I also worked for DHS for 8 of the 8 1/2 years I was in the USCG. Boo hoo you had to answer to your bosses. I'm surprised you even had to do that. If you did everything right(haha, that's a good one!) then what's the fucking problem? Not like you have some kind of deadline to attend to or the business you "work" for doesn't make money and you don't get paid-get fucking real. You produce NOTHING. Answering those questions from your bosses must've been the hardest thing you've ever done in your life, and the closest thing to work you'll ever do as well, which is why you're bitching.

2. Get fucked again. You are obviously quite jealous of Mr. Arrington, aren't you you little leech? You allude to him being "rich" several times in your incoherent blather. Unlike you, Mr. Arrington earned his money - he didn't steal it from the taxpayers.

3. Get fucked sideways. You say Mr. Arrington is "someone who feels entitled or above the public servant"??? Well guess what, asshole? ANY of us are ABOVE a PUBLIC SERVANT. Do you even know what a servant is? You sir or ma'am are a piece of shit low life. Not re-enlisting and working for that agency ever again was the best decision of my life. I was literally on the verge of smashing idiots like you in the mouth when I got out. You are one of many. Too damn many. I'd rather be as broke as I am right now and not able to find work than work next to scumbags like you ever again.I am not surprised at ALL you would say something like that, I've heard it many, many times over the years. You people think you're above the American who actually PRODUCES something, then gets taxed for it-to pay YOUR fucking salary, and then bitch and whine and claim you're above them. Shame on you.~coastie