PDA

View Full Version : "Un-American"

shane77m
02-26-2013, 10:56 AM
This is from an old post at Sipsey Street Irregulars. Have you ever been called "Un-American"?
An Obama supporter has called me "Un-American" for posting drone pics on Facebook. I imagine most of us on this forum have been. I think the author of the post makes a good point. If a civil war is coming, I don't know. I do know that what is considered "American" is changing.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2009/08/un-american-all-politics-in-this.html

"Un-American": "All politics in this country now is just dress rehearsal for civil war."

“All Jews are swine, un-German, and unpatriotic traitors.” -- Adolf Hitler, quoted by Georg Bernhard, “Tactics of Hitler.” New York Times, 13 December 1931.

Well, Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer have finally come around to the "U" word -- "Un-American" -- when describing their opponents. Writing in a column in USA Today, entitled "'Un-American' attacks can't derail health care debate," they opine:

The failure of past attempts is a reminder that health insurance reform is a defining moment in our nation's history — it is well worth the time it takes to get it right. We are confident that we will get this right. . . In the meantime, as members of Congress spend time at home during August, they are talking with their constituents about reform. The dialogue between elected representatives and constituents is at the heart of our democracy and plays an integral role in assuring that the legislation we write reflects the genuine needs and concerns of the people we represent. However, it is now evident that an ugly campaign is underway not merely to misrepresent the health insurance reform legislation, but to disrupt public meetings and prevent members of Congress and constituents from conducting a civil dialogue. . . These disruptions are occurring because opponents are afraid not just of differing views — but of the facts themselves. Drowning out opposing views is simply un-American. Drowning out the facts is how we failed at this task for decades.

Uh huh. I doubt they're referring to the Service Employees International Union
beating up people who express opinions contrary to the health care wishes of the benign Obamanoid regime of gangster government.

The thing is, from their world view they're right in saying that we're "Un-American" for we do not agree with their vision of what America was, is and should be. For our part, we find them to be traitors to the Founders' republican vision. So too, I dare say, would the Founders.

Billy Beck, writing last Friday at his Two-Four Blog had it right:

"All politics in this country now is just dress rehearsal for civil war."

This is something to always keep in mind. When they call us "Un-American" they're not talking about our America, but theirs -- just as Hitler was talking about his Germany and not the Germany that tolerated people and dissent the Nazis hated.

When Hitler won power he expected, and arranged, to have no more "anti-German" opinions or people. Now that the Obamanoids have won power, they expect the same. This leads to the collectivist theory of "peace," which ends in the graves of your opponents.

So, yes, by their lights we are "Un-American." The only question is, whose America will be standing at the end of the conflict? Theirs? The Founders? Or something worse?

Pick a side, pick a country, because Billy's right. The civil war is coming.

Czolgosz
02-26-2013, 10:59 AM
I don't care what's considered "American," "Conservative," or "Democratic."

Let THEM play the label games, I'm about freedom.

kcchiefs6465
02-26-2013, 11:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAtF4XZ3unI

A Son of Liberty
02-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Instead of fighting over control of the government, why can't we just break up into our constituent parts?

erowe1
02-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Instead of fighting over control of the government, why can't we just break up into our constituent parts?

Those aren't mutually exclusive.

If you fight with the regime over control of the government, they might break you up into your constituent parts with a bomb.

Czolgosz
02-26-2013, 11:32 AM

+1.

acptulsa
02-26-2013, 11:36 AM
I don't care what's considered "American," "Conservative," or "Democratic."

Let THEM play the label games, I'm about freedom.

Yes, let them play label games. No, don't EVER concede the game to them.

Traditionally, America is what it's about. Liberty, privacy, self-responsibility, enterprise, severely limited federal government. This IS what the United States has ALWAYS been about.

They are turning this nation upside-down, not us. They are taking us into uncharted waters, not us--indeed, we stand where the U.S. has been successful and they stand where the Soviet Union has spectacularly failed. Every time you hear that, don't take it--refute it. People will understand the truth of the matter if you point it out.

We are not un-American. Questioning the powers that be is not un-American. Free enterprise is not un-American. Free enterprise has always been American. Being afraid to question authority is un-American. We are not engaging in what Pat Buchanan recently called 'infantile conservatism'. We are trying to conserve what genuinely and demonstrably made this nation great. And we shouldn't be hesitant to say so.

Czolgosz
02-26-2013, 12:12 PM

Traditionally, America is what it's about. Liberty, privacy, self-responsibility, enterprise, severely limited federal government. This IS what the United States has ALWAYS been about.

They are turning this nation upside-down, not us. They are taking us into uncharted waters, not us--indeed, we stand where the U.S. has been successful and they stand where the Soviet Union has spectacularly failed. Every time you hear that, don't take it--refute it. People will understand the truth of the matter if you point it out.

We are not un-American. Questioning the powers that be is not un-American. Free enterprise is not un-American. Free enterprise has always been American. Being afraid to question authority is un-American. We are not engaging in what Pat Buchanan recently called 'infantile conservatism'. We are trying to conserve what genuinely and demonstrably made this nation great. And we shouldn't be hesitant to say so.

+sentiment.

CPUd
02-26-2013, 12:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/k9iedPY.jpg

invisible
02-26-2013, 12:49 PM

This. I've been hearing this crap ever since Reagan was in office: "how can you not support these wars to "fight communism"? That's un-American". I always set them straight, that "fighting communism" was never outlined in the Constitution as a responsibility, that that responsibility is the DEFENSE of our country. Invading other countries because they willingly elected a communist is NOT a conservative use of our military, that war for profit IS what is un-American. Do not let them frame the debate with phony labels.

UpperDecker
02-26-2013, 12:49 PM
This is from an old post at Sipsey Street Irregulars. Have you ever been called "Un-American"?
An Obama supporter has called me "Un-American" for posting drone pics on Facebook. I imagine most of us on this forum have been.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7wy4aRRMK1r1ya3yo1_500.png

shane77m
02-26-2013, 12:51 PM
In a sick, twisted sort of way, I guess liberty loving people have become the new "commies."

erowe1
02-26-2013, 01:29 PM
In a sick, twisted sort of way, I guess liberty loving people have become the new "commies."

It's not really a development. During the Cold War, being a commie was bad, but at least it wasn't as bad as being a liberty lover.