PDA

View Full Version : Former Philadelphia Cop Who Punched Woman in Face Found Not Guilty [Video]

kcchiefs6465
02-26-2013, 10:46 AM
PHILADELPHIA - February 26, 2013 (WPVI)

The former Philadelphia Police lieutenant, who was on trial for punching a woman in an incident that was caught on video, has been found not guilty.

The verdict was handed down Tuesday morning. It was a bench trial for Jonathan Josey, which means the ruling was solely up to the judge.

Judge Patrick Dugan said the short video clip "didn't tell the whole story." Dugan said the video was disturbing, but blamed the media for sensationalizing the incident and playing it 'a thousand times.' He said the incident was part of a volatile, fast-paced situation - not a slow motion video.

Josey broke down in tears as the courtroom, packed with police officers, erupted in applause

Action News has learned that Josey will likely seek reinstatement to the Philadelphia Police Department.

"I respect Judge Dugan's decision but I disagree with it," said District Attorney Seth Williams in a statement. "While I believe Jonathan Josey was guilty of simple assault this is not the time to dwell on that and I hope as a community we can move past this."

Josey was accused of striking 39-year-old Aida Guzman in the face at 5th and Lehigh in North Philadelphia after the Puerto Rican Day Parade back on September 30th.

The incident was captured on video and posted on the internet, leading to a firestorm of protest from community and political leaders, who said Josey used excessive force.

Within days, Josey was dismissed from the police department. He had been charged with simple assault, a second degree misdemeanor.

On the witness stand earlier this month, Josey was near tears while telling the judge he swung at Guzman to knock a beer bottle out of her hand, and he wasn't trying to hurt her. He said he and other officers were hit with beer from behind and, each time he turned to see who did it, he saw Guzman jumping up and down.

Josey conceded he never saw Guzman throw beer.

Guzman was arrested that day but charges against her were later dropped

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9007746

Video of the incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtUWUxNFbCY

Just-us has been served.

kathy88
02-26-2013, 11:22 AM
I get enraged every time I watch that. FUCK YOU JUDGE.

jkr
02-26-2013, 11:29 AM
THUGEZ & JUDGEZ

HOLLYWOOD
02-26-2013, 11:44 AM
THIS... should be proof that it's the 'JUST-US' system of American .gov.

Rule of Law in America? ...HAH!

Brian4Liberty
02-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Dugan said the video was disturbing, but blamed the media for sensationalizing the incident and playing it 'a thousand times.'

Playing the video too many times changes the fact that the cop hit the woman in the mouth?

Lol. This guy is a Judge? Time for a recall.

kcchiefs6465
02-26-2013, 11:55 AM
When watching the video notice the other cops standing around. They see what he did, yet they look away and mind their own business.
ETA: Or stop bystanders from coming to the woman's aid.

Josey broke down in tears as the courtroom, packed with police officers, erupted in applause
Disgusting.

GunnyFreedom
02-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Unless you want your head to explode, don't go read the comments on the article.

AGRP
02-26-2013, 11:59 AM
There are so many blatantly wrong things with this.

kcchiefs6465
02-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Unless you want your head to explode, don't go read the comments on the article.
Wow. They edited the story. I copied and pasted the whole thing and now there are sections like

"We're thrilled that the verdict that was rendered in this case, and I'm sure Jon Josey is looking forward to getting back to work and doing what he does best, which is to protect and serve the people of Philadelphia," said Josey's lawyer, Fortunato Perri, Jr.

and

"Being a cop in this city is something I've wanted to do since I was five years old. There's nothing else I've wanted to do," Josey said after court. "In my future, I plan on retiring when I want to retire."

and

On the witness stand earlier this month, Josey was near tears while telling the judge he swung at Guzman to knock a beer bottle out of her hand, and he wasn't trying to hurt her. He said he and other officers were hit with beer from behind and, each time he turned to see who did it, he saw Guzman jumping up and down.

ETA: Apparently they felt there weren't enough cop apologist attitudes with just the Judge's statement.

And the comments are sad.

TheTexan
02-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Dude the cop was obviously trying to knock a beer out of her hand. The cop said so. It was an accident.

You guys try putting your life on the line every day of the week and tell me you won't ever accidentally hit someone in the mouth. It happens.

That cop has a hard enough job as it is keeping everyone safe without people's faces getting in his way of his fist.

TonySutton
02-26-2013, 12:08 PM
AND now the question stands "What fucking right did he have to knock a beer out of her hand?" NONE! Still a GUILTY bastard.

For the record I was stationed north of Philly for 3.5 years and absolutely HATE Philly cops even though I personally never had a confrontation with them. I did however see how they act towards people they encounter and it is unprofessional at best, criminal in many cases.

kcchiefs6465
02-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Dude the cop was obviously trying to knock a beer out of her hand. The cop said so. It was an accident.

You guys try putting your life on the line every day of the week and tell me you won't ever accidentally hit someone in the mouth. It happens.

That cop has a hard enough job as it is keeping everyone safe without people's faces getting in his way of his fist.
Is that a comment from the article?

Seriously though, some people are fucking dumb.

TheTexan
02-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Is that a comment from the article?

Seriously though, some people are fucking dumb.

No, that's my opinion. You guys are overreacting. So many cop haters in this thread.

It's clear from the video that she made menacing movements giving him reason to believe she was culpable for the ASSAULT on his person.

Acala
02-26-2013, 12:14 PM
She still could bring a civil action where the standard of proof is lower. Remember that in this criminal case the prosecution bears the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt - including doubt about what he intended to do. It is actually a miracle that he was even prosecuted. He certainly would NOT have been but for the video.

VBRonPaulFan
02-26-2013, 12:15 PM
what a huge, steaming pile of shit. a cop turning around, casually walking up to a woman, and decking her in the face IS NEVER ACCEPTABLE OR APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR!

GunnyFreedom
02-26-2013, 12:20 PM
No, that's my opinion. You guys are overreacting. So many cop haters in this thread.

It's clear from the video that she made menacing movements giving him reason to believe she was culpable for the ASSAULT on his person.

Um, no, it's not 'cop-hating' it's "Constitution respecting."

If you or I had done the same thing we'd be rotting in jail.

Article 4 Section 4 of the US Constitution guaranteeing to the States a 'republican form of government' means that ALL citizens are held to an equal standard of law. That means the pauper, the plumber, and the President are held equal under the law. That is the fundamental premise of America full-stop. When the police or anybody are held to a looser standard of law, they are in direct violation of the US Constitution Art4§4, and in blatant violation of the fundamental premise of American liberty.

This has nothing to do with 'hating cops' and you can stop spewing that propaganda right now. One of my best friends is a Constable in New Mexico, and I am close with more than one LEO in NC. This has to do with OBEYING THE CONSTITUTION. A concept that seems to evade your grasp.

TheTexan
02-26-2013, 12:23 PM
what a huge, steaming pile of shit. a cop turning around, casually walking up to a woman, and decking her in the face IS NEVER ACCEPTABLE OR APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR!

He was clearly assaulted. He acted in self defense. He also didn't intentionally hit that woman, but merely tried to knock a beer out of her hand. It's not his fault that her face got in the way.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-26-2013, 12:24 PM

I think your goat is being gotten here. :)

"We're thrilled that the verdict that was rendered in this case, and I'm sure Jon Josey is looking forward to getting back to work and doing what he does best, which is to protect and serve the people of Philadelphia," said Josey's lawyer, Fortunato Perri, Jr.

We're thrilled that the verdict that was rendered in this case, and I'm sure Jon Josey is looking forward to getting back to work and doing what he does best, which is to beat mutherfuckers down whenever he feels like it, including defenseless women.

TheTexan
02-26-2013, 12:28 PM

Article 4 Section 4 of the US Constitution guaranteeing to the States a 'republican form of government' means that ALL citizens are held to an equal standard of law. That means the pauper, the plumber, and the President are held equal under the law. That is the fundamental premise of America full-stop. When the police or anybody are held to a looser standard of law, they are in direct violation of the US Constitution Art4§4, and in blatant violation of the fundamental premise of American liberty.

If that cop had assaulted the woman I would agree with you 100% but that's not how it went down. The cop was assaulted, not the woman.

The video doesn't exactly make that clear, but based on the cops testimony that's exactly what happened.

GunnyFreedom
02-26-2013, 12:28 PM
He was clearly assaulted. He acted in self defense. He also didn't intentionally hit that woman, but merely tried to knock a beer out of her hand. It's not his fault that her face got in the way.

what...I don't even....

do you seriously think like that?

I'm frankly horrified. I'm not exaggerating one iota. Completely horrified.

So, Joe-Bob slings some water at me but you are the first face I see, so I'm right to beat the snot out of you?

And his hand never went near a beer bottle, and if that's what he wanted to do it would have been an open hand swiping AWAY not a fist punching IN.

"It's not his fault that her face got in the way."

Lord Jesus help this poor damned country. :( Our own citizens are carrying us down the road to 1939 Germany just as fast as they can truck it.

GunnyFreedom
02-26-2013, 12:29 PM
If that cop had assaulted the woman I would agree with you 100% but that's not how it went down. The cop was assaulted, not the woman.

The video doesn't exactly make that clear, but based on the cops testimony that's exactly what happened.

please tell me that this is all sarcasm....

TheTexan
02-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Just-us was served, Gunny. Just-us.

libertyjam
02-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Philly Pig Art
http://surrealworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/pig-cop.jpg

http://surrealworld.wordpress.com/2009/03/21/pig-news-x/

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000085787/polls_Hare_hs_300x380_tagpink_3159_193212_answer_6 _xlarge.jpeg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/punksk8er_2010/pigs.jpg

GunnyFreedom
02-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Just-us was served, Gunny. Just-us.

LMAO I thought so. I just couldn't believe the words coming out of your keyboard....

talkingpointes
02-26-2013, 12:37 PM
All things being equal, she was treated the same was a man. I'm reminded by the Warhammer characters in the game series saying "will execute with extreme prejudice". With the intention almost the same.

aGameOfThrones
02-26-2013, 01:46 PM
http://morrobaynews.info/im4stuff/cop280-27k.jpg

green73
02-26-2013, 01:47 PM
[video]

PHILADELPHIA - February 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- The former Philadelphia Police lieutenant, who was on trial for punching a woman in an incident that was caught on video, has been found not guilty.

The verdict was handed down Tuesday morning. It was a bench trial for Jonathan Josey, which means the ruling was solely up to the judge, who deliberated for two weeks.

cont
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9007746

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MPfx4WaQZg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MPfx4WaQZg

coastie
02-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Dude! There's a three page thread on this, it was at the top when you made this one, lol.

green73
nevermind
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?405717-Former-Philadelphia-Cop-Who-Punched-Woman-in-Face-Found-Not-Guilty-Video

green73
Dude! There's a three page thread on this, it was at the top when you made this one, lol.

hahahaahahaahahaha

bolil
02-26-2013, 01:58 PM
How does one come to a not guilty when the incident is on tape showing the perp walking up too, and decking a passerby?

kcchiefs6465
02-26-2013, 01:59 PM
How does one come to a not guilty when the incident is on tape showing the perp walking up too, and decking a passerby?
I believe the judge said it was played too many times.

GunnyFreedom
02-26-2013, 02:00 PM

Didn't you hear? In 1965, Lyndon Johnson promoted government above God.

bolil
02-26-2013, 02:01 PM
I believe the judge said it was played too many times.

So, if I choose to assault someone all I need to do it put a video of the assault on youtube and watch it over and over again... hmmm. I hate pigs.

kathy88
02-26-2013, 02:02 PM
what...I don't even....

do you seriously think like that?

I'm frankly horrified. I'm not exaggerating one iota. Completely horrified.

So, Joe-Bob slings some water at me but you are the first face I see, so I'm right to beat the snot out of you?

And his hand never went near a beer bottle, and if that's what he wanted to do it would have been an open hand swiping AWAY not a fist punching IN.

"It's not his fault that her face got in the way."

Lord Jesus help this poor damned country. :( Our own citizens are carrying us down the road to 1939 Germany just as fast as they can truck it.

As my 6 year old tells my 8 year old constantly, "you got served."

kcchiefs6465
02-26-2013, 02:04 PM
So, if I choose to assault someone all I need to do it put a video of the assault on youtube and watch it over and over again... hmmm. I hate pigs.
Wow, you've got it all wrong my friend. If you want to assault someone and get away with you have to become a police officer first. Assaulting someone before you become a police officer is illegal.

bolil
02-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Wow, you've got it all wrong my friend. If you want to assault someone and get away with you have to become a police officer first. Assaulting someone before you become a police officer is illegal.

Ahhhhh, brilliant. Before I take the test I'll be sure to sustain some brain damage. :)

chudrockz
02-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Interesting how it's almost always a petite woman, or smaller guy, on the receiving end of police conduct like this.

I don't drink beer, but I can guarantee that if a cop was trying to knock something out of my hand and hit me in the face, he'd find himself on the wrong end of all 6'8" 340 pounds of my anger.

Then I guess I'd probably be shot. Or if not, in prison for quite awhile. Maybe if I was wearing some kinda uniform....

:(

AGRP
02-26-2013, 02:21 PM

The judge decided that video was viewed by too many people and occasionally played in slow motion.

bolil
02-26-2013, 02:24 PM
The judge decided that video was viewed by too many people and occasionally played in slow motion.

That is irrelevant, what a disingenuous judge setting a dangerous precedent. The video shows an action as it happened, even if less people saw the video the events in it would be the same.

aGameOfThrones
02-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Someone should go join the cop club, then go and punch the judge while being video taped, then put it on YouTube and smile.

kcchiefs6465
02-26-2013, 02:29 PM
That is irrelevant, what a disingenuous judge setting a dangerous precedent. The video shows an action as it happened, even if less people saw the video the events in it would be the same.
Which goes to show, I might add, that the dozen or so other cops who watched it happen are witnesses for the State, not for you.

Something to consider before talking to the police.

That DA should have subpoenaed every cop that witnessed it. [if he wasn't trying to protect the State's agents he would have]

QuickZ06
02-26-2013, 02:31 PM
LMAO I thought so. I just couldn't believe the words coming out of your keyboard....

You been had.

kathy88
02-26-2013, 02:32 PM

He said that this was the only part, played, that there was more that was not on the tape.... like anything that happened BEFORE he punched her in the face would justify it. Dude's a pussy.

bolil
02-26-2013, 02:38 PM
He said that this was the only part, played, that there was more that was not on the tape.... like anything that happened BEFORE he punched her in the face would justify it. Dude's a pussy.

What happened earlier in the tape is irrelevant, as when at the beginning of the clip Mr. Punchy Pig has his back turned on the so called 'aggressor' indicating that, up until he turns around and takes three steps towards the lady before smashing her face, that he felt neither interested nor threatened. The clip shown is all that is relevant to the case. It shows the pigs initial contact with the victim, the reaction of the pig to the victim, and the crime itself.

He is not even a pussy. This almost suffices: Coward-Craven-Pussy-Sally-Saucy bag of dick sucking-chicken shit-pig.

AGRP
02-26-2013, 02:38 PM
The judge, Patrick Dugan:

http://pavementpieces.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/dugan.jpg

The victim, Aida Guzman, and Jonathan Josey who smashed her face and locked her in a cage:

http://www.thenewstribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Cop-hits-woman.jpg

People who belong to this gang "erupted in applause" at the verdict:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3269/2622544551_14d1361a62.jpg

bolil
02-26-2013, 02:42 PM
If I find his contact info, can I post it here?

RickyJ
02-26-2013, 02:51 PM
please tell me that this is all sarcasm....

:D I'm not sure how you didn't see that sooner.

GunnyFreedom
02-26-2013, 02:59 PM
:D I'm not sure how you didn't see that sooner.

Because too many real people say the exact same things word for word....and actually mean it. Like the people I am screaming at in the ABC storys comments.

TheTexan
02-26-2013, 04:02 PM
the courtroom, packed with police officers, erupted with applause

This is just a bad apple guys, not like the whole system is corrupt

RickyJ
02-26-2013, 04:17 PM
the courtroom, packed with police officers, erupted with applause

This is just a bad apple guys, not like the whole system is corrupt

They were happy that the guy slugged the woman and got away with it because he was one of their own. Cops almost always stick together, or else they wind up like Donner, fired. Even if she did throw beer on him, he shouldn't have hit her.

tod evans
02-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Fucking despicable!

"Just-Us" alright...

QuickZ06
02-26-2013, 04:48 PM
The wheels on the bus go
round and round
round and round
round and round
the wheels on the bus go
round and round
all through the town

PattyFromTexas
02-27-2013, 10:27 AM

It's clear from the video that she made menacing movements giving him reason to believe she was culpable for the ASSAULT on his person. You're joking right? I HOPE you're joking.

belian78
02-27-2013, 10:30 AM
All I'll let myself say is, I hope this bastard get exactly what he deserves.

DamianTV
02-27-2013, 02:04 PM
When a Cop punches someone in the face, they are protected by law. Aw hell, lets quit fooling ourselves, when they punch you, kick you, tazer you, hit you while driving drunk and off duty, or even kill you, odds are they will be found INNOCENT.

But if you so much as fart around a Cop, your ass will be found GUILTY and is going to Jail.

This is Balance?

tod evans
02-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Sure it is just ask any member of the "Just-Us" department...

When a Cop punches someone in the face, they are protected by law. Aw hell, lets quit fooling ourselves, when they punch you, kick you, tazer you, hit you while driving drunk and off duty, or even kill you, odds are they will be found INNOCENT.

But if you so much as fart around a Cop, your ass will be found GUILTY and is going to Jail.

This is Balance?

Anti Federalist
02-27-2013, 02:44 PM
http://morrobaynews.info/im4stuff/cop280-27k.jpg

/thread.

Like I'm shocked at this.

They blow us away and get away with it.

Shit, just a punch in the face Mundane.

Anti Federalist
02-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Because too many real people say the exact same things word for word....and actually mean it. Like the people I am screaming at in the ABC storys comments.

It's that really weird personality cult that cops have in NY NJ PA CT.

They are worshiped like gods.

Watch the movie "Copland" sometime.

devil21
03-04-2013, 05:48 PM
I can't find the article at the moment but I read last night that the judge is married to a Philly cop. Nope, no conflict of interest there!

kcchiefs6465
07-09-2014, 04:48 AM
Why not.