PDA

View Full Version : 54% of Iowa Republican Caucus Goers Want Out of Iraq

curtisag
11-23-2007, 09:29 AM
And that's not all. Only 5% label Bush as conservative as Ronald Reagan. 70% think our nominee must be a conservative in the mode of Ronald Reagan. Break out the Reagan quotes and pictures in some ads. We need to play up the connection between Reagan and Ron Paul here. I knew the base was divided on Iraq, but I had no idea WE were in the majority!! This is huge.

http://cmondisplay.com/2007/10/21/majority-of-iowa-republican-caucus-goers-favor-iraq-withdrawal-within-6-months/

literatim
11-23-2007, 09:30 AM
I've said before that a PAC needs to get behind a Reagan ad for Ron Paul.

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 09:31 AM
it wouldn't be a bad idea, but the other candidates invoke reagan so much it might seem to the non-informed as merely a tactic instead of a real comparison. This is a good sign of our chances in Iowa though, if this is the cae I hope they all had a chance to read the USA today ad.

curtisag
11-23-2007, 09:34 AM
it wouldn't be a bad idea, but the other candidates invoke reagan so much it might seem to the non-informed as merely a tactic instead of a real comparison. This is a good sign of our chances in Iowa though, if this is the cae I hope they all had a chance to read the USA today ad.

Excepting Ron Paul is one of the few persons in Government who supported Reagan in the 1976 primary. Reagan spoke glowingly of him and he has many pictures taken with him. I don't think the other candidates can make such boasts or show such evidence so clearly in an ad.

Ron LOL
11-23-2007, 09:34 AM
I like the "everybody else invokes Reagan, but what has Reagan said about any of the candidates" angle -- and then breaking in to Reagan on RP and defense. That needs to be on the radio yesterday.

Edit: I think an effective TV ad could be made with cross fades of pictures of Reagan and RP together (arrows labeling each), with a simple dry read of Reagan's "we need to keep Ron Paul fighting for this nation" quote.

Of course, we also need to source that quote. Has anybody managed to do that yet?

Ethek
11-23-2007, 09:36 AM
I like the "everybody else invokes Reagan, but what has Reagan said about any of the candidates" angle -- and then breaking in to Reagan on RP and defense. That needs to be on the radio yesterday.

Long overdue. This will help us everywhere.

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 09:45 AM
i ike that angle. camera. lights. action

literatim
11-23-2007, 09:49 AM
We haven't really seen anything out of the PACs in awhile. Are they slacking?

Ron LOL
11-23-2007, 09:55 AM
The critical thing to do here is to figure out where and when the hell Reagan made those remarks. We can't campaign on a fairytale.

tremendoustie
11-23-2007, 09:59 AM

Edit: I think an effective TV ad could be made with cross fades of pictures of Reagan and RP together (arrows labeling each), with a simple dry read of Reagan's "we need to keep Ron Paul fighting for this nation" quote.

Of course, we also need to source that quote. Has anybody managed to do that yet?

Absolutely overdue. Perhaps we could also include other reagan quotes about paul, point out that he was the only one to support reagan in 76, etc. We need a youtube of this as soon as possible, and a 30 second version to run on tv in Iowa and SC especially. I will donate to this, if someone will set it up and make a video.

Also, the campaign needs to have a press conference with Goldwater Jr -- I don't know if anyone here has the ear of the campaign, but this must be done as soon as possible. Paul's conservative credentials are second to none, and we need to play this angle up big time, especially for those needing "permission" in their minds to support a candidate who breaks from the others on the war.

kylejack
11-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not sure the Reagan military quote can be authenticated. Might be some blowback.

curtisag
11-23-2007, 10:16 AM
http://libertyslaststand.wordpress.com/2007/06/19/president-ronald-reagans-thoughts-of-ron-paul/

This is the ad that could be run with a chip-in PAC. What happened to that guy who had $100,000 and willing to donate?

tremendoustie
11-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not sure the Reagan military quote can be authenticated. Might be some blowback.

I did a cursory search, but I need to go. I'm sure Paul knows when it was said, perhaps someone could get the campaign to ask him, or ask him if you're at an event, if we can't get it otherwise.

BeFranklin
11-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Long overdue. This will help us everywhere.

I think Ron Paul can pick up a lot more older voters.

skinzterpswizfan
11-23-2007, 10:38 AM
If it's true that 54% want us out of Iraq, then a commercial definitely needs to be made for Iowa stating that Paul will withdraw the troops.

BillyDkid
11-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Then why the hell are they choosing everybody except the one man who wants us out of Iraq in their polls??? I am completely confused about this and this apparent groundswell of support for that idiot Huckabee. Well, I shouldn't be surprised, they seem enamored with the Ken doll as well. There is something not right about all of this.

Ron Paul Fan
11-23-2007, 10:43 AM
If it's true that 54% want us out of Iraq, then a commercial definitely needs to be made for Iowa stating that Paul will withdraw the troops.

Ad #2 has been running here in Iowa in which Paul does state that he would bring the troops home immediately and cut government spending.

Henry
11-23-2007, 10:47 AM

Agree, but better yet!

What the campaign staff ought to be doing is digging up audio and video archives of Reagan mentioning RP's name, and utilizing those in and around Radio & TV ads.

Oh, excuse me did I say campaign staff? Forget it let's do it ourselves. Is anybody capable of pulling the trigger on this?

Ron LOL
11-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Agree, but better yet!

What the campaign staff ought to be doing is digging up audio and video archives of Reagan mentioning RP's name, and utilizing those in and around Radio & TV ads.

Oh, excuse me did I say campaign staff? Forget it let's do it ourselves. Is anybody capable of pulling the trigger on this?

Admittedly, I don't know where to start. I'm going to go ahead and guess that most of the records we're looking for probably aren't digitized...which really slows things down in the CTRL-F sense.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-23-2007, 10:58 AM
then why are we loosing in Iowa, we need to start focusing in on converting Huckabee supporters, he's a fake anyways

skinzterpswizfan
11-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Ad #2 has been running here in Iowa in which Paul does state that he would bring the troops home immediately and cut government spending.

Sweeeeet. Hopefully the campaign will keep ads like that going to Iowa.

Ron Paul Fan
11-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Sweeeeet. Hopefully the campaign will keep ads like that going to Iowa.

I hope so. It's all about getting his name, background, and positions out there. The latest Iowa poll had Paul at 6% so he is gaining like in New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada. I hope they keep up the radio and tv ads here at a more strenuous pace. Illegal immigration is a big issue here so a commercial about Paul's strong stance on border security and no amnesty would be a good thing. Not as dramatic and over the top as Tancredo's joke of an ad, but something that gets his stance out there in an effective way would do the trick. All of the frontrunners are very weak on illegal immigration and Huckabee, Giuliani, and Romney have been trading blows on their ineffectiveness in the past on this very issue:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071114/ap_po/romney_immigration

MS0453
11-23-2007, 11:36 AM
That 54% want us out of Iraq is amazing. That would mean that people are literally just waiting to hear his message.

I Am Weasel
11-23-2007, 12:12 PM
When does the campaign plan on airing tv commercials in Iowa to win some of that 54%?

winston_blade
11-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I honestly am starting to think that we have a better shot in Iowa than we do in NH.

skinzterpswizfan
11-23-2007, 12:24 PM
I honestly am starting to think that we have a better shot in Iowa than we do in NH.

What makes you think that?

Ron LOL
11-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Totally unexpected, but I was watching this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXT1oqoWUTg) video, and the Reagan quote comes up at ~3:20.

This is official campaign material, is it not? If so, this means the campaign has been aware of this endorsement for a long damn time, and they aren't using it. Why?

Edit: wait, wait, wait. Ron Paul is friends with Nolan fucking Ryan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhYIUrFv6uA) (~1:10)? Why isn't that dude making commercials? Who needs Advil when you have Ron Paul.

Edit 2: okay, this video is really starting to make me angry. Sure, the video is dated, but it's so much better than anything the campaign is doing right now.

manny
11-23-2007, 04:00 PM

I think RP has a great shot in every state. Not only is he such an honest and experienced man but his opponents are so weak. Can you believe the establishment didn't think to put up one pro-peace candidate. They really screwed up on that one.

With a majority of Republicans in Iowa against the war, a vote for RP should be a no-brainer. I beleieve it's simply down to him getting the message out - either grass-roots or campaign. And that applies across the country. Every person converted brings us closer.

Rudy is a liberal who wants to extend unpopular wars. McCain is bankrupt and pro-illegal immigrant/war/gun-grabbing. Romney would leave a decision over invading Iran to his lawyers and flip-flops on everything. Huckabee has no natiowide support, is on video pleading for tax increases and is basically a media creation. Thompson is lazy and has been exposed as a Nixon insider. They're nothing, and without the media help not one would be where they are.

Ron Paul is different. He has earned his support the hard way. 30 years of consistent voting, intelligent, well-thought out policies. This is, to put it mildly, a golden opportunity. He is the only front-runner candidate from either party who will bring the troops straight home. This is a massive vote-winner. It alone should get victory. Add in that he is about the only real conservative running, is the most experienced man, with a huge and loyal following and yeah I think Winston is right - aim for the top - RP should be winning every state. The war-mongers (a minority!) have 4 or 5 neo-cons to vote for. Anti-war voters, conservatives, those who beleive in freedom and capitalism (an ever increasing majority) have just one candidate in Dr Paul.

brumans
11-23-2007, 04:03 PM
The Iowa Straw Poll made me lose a little faith.. we were expected to do very well and we only got 5th

literatim
11-23-2007, 04:05 PM
The Iowa Straw Poll made me lose a little faith.. we were expected to do very well and we only got 5th

Who is this "we"? Most people know that Iowa is a neocon safe haven.

Paulitician
11-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Totally unexpected, but I was watching this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXT1oqoWUTg) video, and the Reagan quote comes up at ~3:20.

This is official campaign material, is it not? If so, this means the campaign has been aware of this endorsement for a long damn time, and they aren't using it. Why?

Edit: wait, wait, wait. Ron Paul is friends with Nolan fucking Ryan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhYIUrFv6uA) (~1:10)? Why isn't that dude making commercials? Who needs Advil when you have Ron Paul.

Edit 2: okay, this video is really starting to make me angry. Sure, the video is dated, but it's so much better than anything the campaign is doing right now.
I was going to reference that clip too. And I've been advocating Ron Paul includes the Ronald Reagan connection since the first radio ad was created. A nice TV ad with those 3 pictures (was it?) and those quotes... it would be a slam dunk. And we need Iowa, we absolutely need it. With Ron Paul stressing that he'd get out of the war and that he is a true conservative/Ronald Reagan Republican, he would win over the majority of hearts there. It would go a long way for getting the nomination.

winston_blade
11-23-2007, 05:06 PM
What makes you think that?

54% of Republicans want out of Iraq and they don't expect a big turnout. Those numbers equal success for RP.

winston_blade
11-23-2007, 05:11 PM
I was going to reference that clip too. And I've been advocating Ron Paul includes the Ronald Reagan connection since the first radio ad was created. A nice TV ad with those 3 pictures (was it?) and those quotes... it would be a slam dunk. And we need Iowa, we absolutely need it. With Ron Paul stressing that he'd get out of the war and that he is a true conservative/Ronald Reagan Republican, he would win over the majority of hearts there. It would go a long way for getting the nomination.

Someone needs to contact the campaign about using Reagan in the commercials. They really need to be putting that quote about RP in all of their commercials.

libertygrl
11-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Maybe we could at least get the ball rolling with the letter campaign that was requested by the LA Meetup group. I forgot which forum they posted the request in, but they said that they needed help.

They purchased an address list of 70,000 registered Iowan voters. Maybe we can come up with a flyer specifically targeting a certain message - using Reagan quotes and images with Ron; perhaps even making comparisons of Ron's record alongside Huckabee; this might be a good opportunity instead of hoping that the campaign will come up with your ad idea.

Knightskye
11-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Anyone know a big Iowa Ron Paul Meetup? We have to get these people informed. Even the other 46% who want to stay there.

torchbearer
11-23-2007, 06:03 PM
then why are we loosing in Iowa, we need to start focusing in on converting Huckabee supporters, he's a fake anyways

Perhaps 90% of the people in Iowa still couldn't tell you who Ron Paul is... much less what he stands for...
They are probably filled with misinformation. The mainstream media has been feeding these people for 8 months, Ron Paul doesn't have a chance to win. I'd say there tactic has been very effective and should be seen as purposeful and an attack on you personally. I'm all about forgiveness, but there are some people I'd like to see swinging from the gallows after we take this country back... punished for treason.
Starting with the international bankers that have made a huge profit off of the federal reserve and its debt based scheme.

curtisag
11-23-2007, 06:19 PM
We have to break through the MSM to the people directly in Iowa and NH. Those two states are critical we do well in. We must prove we can win. The campaign needs to step up the ad making and buying, spend all of the 9 million the have so far in these states. Then, the polls will begin to move much faster and we will get a snowball effect going on.