PDA

View Full Version : Thompson's Money Bomb Bombs

RonPaulFanInGA
11-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Thompson's Money Bomb Bombs
LewRockwell.com
Thomas E. Woods
November 21, 2007

If Ron Paul can do it, we can, too, right? So went the reasoning behind "Fred's Giving Day," a copycat money bomb initiative that took place today. People were to pledge to donate $100 each today (sound familiar?).

As of this morning, the initative had garnered, I kid you not, a grand total of 82 pledges.

Two lessons from this:

1) No one gets excited about a boring establishment hack who parrots safe GOP slogans.

2) Since Ron Paul got tens of thousands of pledges and donations on his money bomb day, as opposed to Fred's 82, and since this lopsided grassroots fundraising victory over Thompson is even more pronounced than the usual Ron Paul Internet poll victory, might all those Ron Paul Internet poll victories have been for real after all?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017091.html
__________________________________________________ _______

So much for, in Redstate's own words: "Fred's Giving Day. It has come. Help out, and help stick it to the Paultards.

With RedState's newfound focus in taking on Ron Paul's internet legion, I thought that this would be appropriate. In just about two hours, Fred Thompson supporters are going to attempt to top what the Ronulans did on Guy Fawkes Day - a money bomb."

http://www.redstate.com/blogs/edm/2007/nov/20/freds_giving_day_it_has_come_help_out_and_help_sti ck_it_to_the_paultards

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I don't think anyone can light a fire of passion within someone like watching Ron Paul take on the system, it's inspiring and it's the kinda thing great leaders are born to do, and Ron Paul is a great leader IMO

speciallyblend
11-23-2007, 09:31 AM
shouldnt grassroots or hq,send out a press release that says money bombs bomb for the thompson/obama etc something along those lines

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 09:35 AM
nah, we don't want to much money bomb wordage floating around int he media, it'll begin to blend together. Just let hteir campaigns continue to fall into obscurity. Local press released about group canvassing is a great idea though :).

K1RBY
11-23-2007, 09:40 AM
'Isn't it the sweetest to mock our enemies?'
-Sophocles (450 BC)

RonPaulFanInGA
11-23-2007, 09:40 AM
shouldnt grassroots or hq,send out a press release that says money bombs bomb for the thompson/obama etc something along those lines

http://i2.tinypic.com/80zmf5j.png

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017101.html

rockwell
11-23-2007, 10:11 AM
'Isn't it the sweetest to mock our enemies?'
-Sophocles (450 BC)

That's a great Sophocles quote.

free.alive
11-25-2007, 06:45 PM
It's so disappointing to hear that anyone, especially an opponent would have reason to react in such a negative way as this (http://www.fredsgivingday.com/) to us. We have hearts and minds to win; to grind axes will only guarantee we lose the election.

Yes, it's possible that some of this could have been the fault of people posing as Paul supporters. But we are in denial if we believe that such irresponsible behavior is absent among us. Please identify these trends in the meetup groups and so on and positively address the effects of this behavior and encourage acts that will show how positive our movement of freedom is, not the potential for nasty abuses of liberty. We are setting the example for the type of future we are fighting for. Please communicate this to all the good doctor's supporters you can.

From http://www.fredsgivingday.com/:

Thank you to all of those who supported Fred's Giving Day. :)

To all the decent Ron Paul supporters out there, my apologies for what I am about to say. This does not pertain to you.

A special shout out to all the Paul supporters who littered this site with phony pledges and racist e-mail addresses. Of all the supporters of different candidates out there, it was only you guys who took the time to make asses of yourselves. Only you.

Laugh now guys. Enjoy your moment.

My turn will come in a few months from now when Ron Paul's campaign is no more. You see, you can raise all the money in the world, but when you go around continually insulting and pissing off the hearts and minds that you need to win elections, you get nowhere!

That’s where you’ll be in a few months, and that’s just what you deserve.

pcosmar
11-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Sour Grapes
Maybe Freds folks should get a clue.
He has almost No support.

Korey Kaczynski
11-25-2007, 06:57 PM
LOL. I laughed aloud at that. Those people got PWNED.

jenius
11-25-2007, 07:00 PM
LOL. I laughed aloud at that. Those people got PWNED.

Grow up.

NinjaPirate
11-25-2007, 07:02 PM
o.O ...Wow, okay. Who the hell would do that, while at the same time we're worried that others would do that to us? Either this guy is lying or some RP supporters need to be put in their place.

Anyways, how did Fred Thompson's fundraiser go?

Chernitsky
11-25-2007, 07:04 PM
So their piss poor performance is our fault?

http://smiliesftw.com/x/bowrofl.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

slantedview
11-25-2007, 07:06 PM
The fake e-mails, racist stuff, etc. is all childish. Whoever is doing that stuff could be doing much more productive things with their time and energy.

Chernitsky
11-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Do you have proof this was done by our camp?

http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

torchbearer
11-25-2007, 07:11 PM
The fake e-mails, racist stuff, etc. is all childish. Whoever is doing that stuff could be doing much more productive things with their time and energy.

Unless you are intending to do damage, then it makes perfect sense to do it. which is really more probable? someone like you doing ignorant crap to hurt the campaign, or someone who has other intentions and is writing as a ron paul supporter to discredit us?
I find anyone who starts these threads suspect.

Delain
11-25-2007, 07:13 PM

http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Is there any proof it was done at all?

For all I know he's making it up.

My turn will come in a few months from now when Ron Paul's campaign is no more.

A peek inside his mind.

literatim
11-25-2007, 07:14 PM

There is no proof that it was done at all.

Ronstock '08
11-25-2007, 07:15 PM
How much did he raise?

When I went to the "fred's giving day" website it had some negative message about RP supporters. Nothing about how the fundraiser went (not too good I assume)

Ron Paul Fan
11-25-2007, 07:16 PM
It bombed and it was all our fault.

Midnight77
11-25-2007, 07:18 PM
I am dying to hear a figure. They won't release it publicly. It must be embarassingly low for them to not utter a peep. And of course, we are blamed for it.

I know he only had 80 some pledges, and then Lane accused us of giving her False Pledges from that number. I don't know if that was from us, or if those were Fred supporters that decided not to donate after all. For all we know, it was Lane herself trying to inflate the number to get people to donate. Didn't happen.

But I am dying to hear the official number.

Jon S
11-25-2007, 07:18 PM
yea ron paul supporters are the reason freds money bomb did bad. because we're the reason fred has no supporters.

Delain
11-25-2007, 07:19 PM
What happended to the Fred Thompson money bomb?

They're still looking for it.

Last I heard they've send out an APB.

Korey Kaczynski
11-25-2007, 07:22 PM
Grow up.

They did poorly and blamed it on us. Furthermore they're COMPLAINING about what's always inevitable; people trolling on the internet.

Chernitsky
11-25-2007, 07:23 PM
There is no proof that it was done at all.

exactly

Korey Kaczynski
11-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Even if our side did do it -- so what? We need to win this election, if that means troling websites of our competition, so be it. Let's not be cheeseballs like the Huckster and lose elections for "honor."

speciallyblend
11-25-2007, 07:24 PM
what a joke,thats not offensive is it??

Zydeco
11-25-2007, 07:26 PM
We don't know who did this, and I don't take this one guy's word for it AT ALL.

torchbearer
11-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Even if our side did do it -- so what? We need to win this election, if that means troling websites of our competition, so be it. Let's not be cheeseballs like the Huckster and lose elections for "honor."

Some things are best unsaid..

American
11-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Its pure speculation, you could only put your email address so I dont know how they think they got all that info from an email addy.

Dont bite on this, they are getting more traction for stupid follow up nonsense like these posts.

Who owns the RP Nov 11th web site?

Delain
11-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Help find Fred Thompson money bomb!!

http://kdfblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/magnifying-glass.jpg

transistor
11-25-2007, 07:30 PM
lol

torchbearer
11-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Its pure speculation, you could only put your email address so I dont know how they think they got all that info from an email addy.

Dont bite on this, they are getting more traction for stupid follow up nonsense like these posts.

Who owns the RP Nov 11th web site?

QFT! I look at anyone who create these threads as suspect.

runderwo
11-25-2007, 07:35 PM
I bet there were more false pledges on Nov 5th, than total pledges for Fred's bomb. Whatever false pledges we had didn't stop us from making history for Dr. Paul.

free.alive
11-25-2007, 07:37 PM
You question the sincerity of my support only because you don't know me. But the WA meetup group I'm an organizer of had a group out canvassing today and we're registering PCO's as we speak.

It does no good to be one of those silly people who insist there couldn't possibly be any misguided supporters among us who think this type of behavior is appropriate, who take personally all the bullshit we have been given and all we have left to overcome. These attacks should be inspiration to us to win and do better and to keep the spirit of this campaign as close to that of Ron Paul the statesman, doctor, philosopher and Constitutionalist as we can.

My aim is to address local leaders, organizers and people who can influence others to identify these tendencies in your fellow supporters and redirect their negativity by encouraging positive action, not counter attacks.

I will say no more on this.

American
11-25-2007, 07:40 PM
You question the sincerity of my support only because you don't know me. But the WA meetup group I'm an organizer of had a group out canvassing today and we're registering PCO's as we speak.

It does no good to be one of those silly people who insist there couldn't possibly be any misguided supporters among us who think this type of behavior is appropriate, who take personally all the bullshit we have been given and all we have left to overcome. These attacks should be inspiration to us to win and do better and to keep the spirit of this campaign as close to that of Ron Paul the statesman, doctor, philosopher and Constitutionalist as we can.

My aim is to address local leaders, organizers and people who can influence others to identify these tendencies in your fellow supporters and redirect their negativity by encouraging positive action, not counter attacks.

I will say no more on this.

Dont fret about this here, we get allot of people blow through here and who knows what there intentions are. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We have no recourse unless the owner of the Nov 11th site updates his site to reflect all the phony emails and racist comments left as well. It happened on our site we just post it like a skerred lil blah blah.

Whoever owns the Nov 11th site needs to expose these fredtards with an appropriate site update

NinjaPirate
11-25-2007, 07:43 PM

What?? Are you serious??? Dude, be quiet...

Buzz
11-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Sour grapes indeed. Few are stupid enough to disclose their affiliations when conducting (petty) sabotage, and anyone who does is most likely lying about it so that some other campaign gets the blame. Therefore, it's idiotic to even begin to assume where the spam came from, let alone that all of it came from one place. The most plausible conclusion is that the whole thing was made up. This type of thing is the only caliber of ammunition our opposition has against us; we all know that.

Anyone from our group who actually did contribute to the spamming is a fool if for no other reason than for having wasted time attacking a second-tier candidate. :D

Korey Kaczynski
11-25-2007, 08:27 PM
What?? Are you serious??? Dude, be quiet...

I'm not advocating illegal activities; I'm saying that stuff like fredthompsonforum.com and other "dishonorable" tactics should be used if they benefit us. I don't approve of "spamming" websites with fake emails but having other Ron Paul supporters be concerned about the problems of other campaigns is foolish. I doubt it even happened much, it was probably just a few people with a few fake emails, and the owner of the website using that as an excuse for bad fundraising.

xd9fan
11-26-2007, 06:08 AM
Fred is so damn boring......oh and about the lack of understanding of the Constitution too:D

enjerth
11-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Wait... so the Fred fund-raiser guy was complaining about RP supporters submitting fake pledges? And they got 82 pledges in all?

So we're talking about, potentially, 2-3 guys submitting fake pledges? I wouldn't be surprised. I don't doubt that there are 2-3 douche bags who are also RP supporters.

Heck, if we got all 20 of them fired up and they each put in 5 fake pledges (why would someone only pledge once if they're trying to skew the results?) they could have easily put in 80 of the 82 pledges. Aside from the remarkably low number of overall pledges, what's the big deal?

EvilTwinkie
11-26-2007, 02:17 PM
So wait.. Dr Paul blamed america for 9/11 and it was our fault that Thompsons money bomb fizzled?

Well gee that makes perfect sense to me, I guess im now a Rudy supporter.