PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Why Didn't the Libertarians Win in 2012? - Gary Johnson on Stossel 2/22/13

TokenLibertarianGuy
02-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Why Didn’t the Libertarians Win in 2012?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csk6DNlJixk
http://youtu.be/csk6DNlJixk

TokenLibertarianGuy
02-25-2013, 04:12 PM
It also has David Boaz of the Cato Institute.

Czolgosz
02-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Why Didn’t the Libertarians Win in 2012?

Ohh ohh I know. Pick me. Pick me.

"Libertarians" didn't win in 2012 because most Humans are easily controlled by their masters, and "Libertarians" aren't into mind control, by their very nature.

CaptUSA
02-25-2013, 06:53 PM
Ohh ohh I know. Pick me. Pick me.

"Libertarians" didn't win in 2012 because most Humans are easily controlled by their masters, and "Libertarians" aren't into mind control, by their very nature.Oh, I disagree. The reasons libertarians can't win anything, which is demonstrated in these forums, is because we do our best to isolate everyone who has the slightest disagreement with us. We fixate on our differences instead of working for our common interests.

If we could figure out how to do that, we wouldn't have to worry about our "masters".

It's the same problem that has always plagued the LP - even though libertarian positions are on the winning side of every opinion poll.

torchbearer
02-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Oh, I disagree. The reasons libertarians can't win anything, which is demonstrated in these forums, is because we do our best to isolate everyone who has the slightest disagreement with us. We fixate on our differences instead of working for our common interests.

If we could figure out how to do that, we wouldn't have to worry about our "masters".

It's the same problem that has always plagued the LP - even though libertarian positions are on the winning side of every opinion poll.

pretty sure post #3 has it.
media controls the mind.
what we think is made up of the inputs we recieve.
garbage in, garbage out.

FrankRep
02-25-2013, 06:58 PM
One Percent of the Vote! Best Showing Yet!

Gary Johnson Pulls One Million Votes, One Percent
http://reason.com/blog/2012/11/07/gary-johnson-pulls-one-million-votes-one

Gary Johnson runs most successful Libertarian campaign in party’s history
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gary-johnson-ran-most-successful-libertarian-campaign-party-193500973--politics.html

AuH20
02-25-2013, 06:58 PM
Too many holes in general libertarian philosophy that some don't want to address. Rand Paul is actually someone of the Libertarian camp, who's actually going out of his way to address these concerns and provide pragmatic solutions.

torchbearer
02-25-2013, 07:00 PM
One Percent of the Vote! Best Showing Yet!

Gary Johnson Pulls One Million Votes, One Percent
http://reason.com/blog/2012/11/07/gary-johnson-pulls-one-million-votes-one

Gary Johnson runs most successful Libertarian campaign in party’s history
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gary-johnson-ran-most-successful-libertarian-campaign-party-193500973--politics.html

That is actually very sad. A confirmation of your prison.
Every four years, all people have to do to end their enslavement if pull option number 3.
yet, every four years they vote for more enslavement.
why?
because the media doesn't potray it as such.

Brett85
02-25-2013, 07:01 PM
To Gary Johnson and the CATO types, you would think that the most important libertarian position is "marriage equality." You never hear those people talk about the Patriot Act, the NDAA, warrantless wiretapping, or anything like that.

Czolgosz
02-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Oh, I disagree. The reasons libertarians can't win anything, which is demonstrated in these forums, is because we do our best to isolate everyone who has the slightest disagreement with us. We fixate on our differences instead of working for our common interests.

I agree with you, the silly infighting between freedom loving people gets carried too far, on occasion. But, I don't believe that's a significant enough issue which prevents another 10-30% of Humans to get their head out of their ass.

Your Voltaire quote says it best. :D

Czolgosz
02-25-2013, 07:04 PM
That is actually very sad. A confirmation of your prison.
Every four years, all people have to do to end their enslavement if pull option number 3.
yet, every four years they vote for more enslavement.
why?
because the media doesn't potray it as such.

It's so simple to a clear minded person.

dillo
02-25-2013, 07:05 PM
If people were forced to vote, he'd probably do alot better

CaptUSA
02-25-2013, 07:09 PM
pretty sure post #3 has it.
media controls the mind.
what we think is made up of the inputs we recieve.
garbage in, garbage out.

And still, on nearly every issue, the libertarian position is favored. Most people want us to go to war less. Most people think people should be allowed to have any relationship they want. Most people think the government should do and spend less. Most people think you should be able to own a gun to defend yourself. Most people think you should be able to put anything into your body you want. In spite of the media, most people want a more libertarian society.

The reason why we can't organize our efforts is because we amass a large army and immediately start firing in a circle. I was a member of the LP for decades and saw the futility. It wasn't until Ron Paul began assembling a new army that I thought things might be changing. But then I see even this forum falling back into the same follies. "That guy sucks because he doesn't agree with me 100%!" "That guy is betraying the movement if he doesn't do exactly as I think he should do!"

Just silly. Listen, we can blame the media all we want - and yes, they deserve blame - but if we don't take a look at what we, ourselves, are doing to hamper our own efforts, I may just give up again. Do you see the futility, yet?

torchbearer
02-25-2013, 07:11 PM
And still, on nearly every issue, ?

NO, i see progress, and on several fronts.

speciallyblend
02-25-2013, 07:17 PM
my answer, a corrupt gop who drove out liberty folks years ago and still is hence the lp and frustrated republicans! either the gop grows with us or dies with out us(hence the beck sucking up to liberty). If their gop vehicle breaks down i see a new party called the liberty party including rpd's,rpr's,rpi's,indy's,lp,cp and other liberty oriented groups effectively making a failed gop a 3rd party. I honestly do not see the lp winning until they join a new political coalition, platform and under a new brandname that has not been tarnished by the corrupt establishment of both gop/dnc. The gop has 2 options join the liberty movement or slowly die like the whig party. When we get to that make or break moment? Then we will see a new Party Coalition which will involve the lp. Up to the gop and lp which road they travel!

Give Me Liberty,