PDA

View Full Version : Law Enforcement Targets Inc. Discontinues Line of Targets....

Lucille
02-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Law Enforcement Targets Inc. Discontinues Line of Targets Featuring Mom, Child, Grandparents, Pregnant Woman
http://reason.com/blog/2013/02/25/law-enforcement-targets-inc-discontinues

In response to criticism from civil liberties advocates and law enforcement groups alike, Law Enforcement Targets Inc.--a supplier of targets to the local, state, and federal law enforcement groups--has discontinued a line of targets that feature grandparents, a mother, a child, and a pregnant woman; all of them holding guns.

"We apologize for the offensive nature of our 'No More Hesitation' products," reads a letter that LET Inc. posted Feb. 21 on its company Facebook page. "These products have been taken offline due to the opinions expressed by so many, including members of the law enforcement community."

According to a statement the company sent Reason last week, members of the law enforcement community inspired Law Enforcement Targets Inc. to design the "No More Hesitation" series in the first place:

The subjects in NMH targets were chosen in order to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training. I found while speaking with officers and trainers in the law enforcement community that there is a hesitation on the part of cops when deadly force is required on subjects with atypical age, frailty or condition (one officer explaining that he enlarged photos of his own kids to use as targets so that he would not be caught off guard with such a drastically new experience while on duty). This hesitation time may be only seconds but that is not acceptable when officers are losing their lives in these same situations. The goal of NMH is to break that stereotype on the range, regardless of how slim the chances are of encountering a real life scenario that involves a child, pregnant woman, etc. If that initial hesitation time can be cut down due to range experience, the officer and community are better served.

The company's full letter is below:

They can just go back to using pictures of their own families then, I guess.

ghengis86
02-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Because no one could have thought this was a bad idea prior to the backlash. FFS, they whore themselves out to the highest (gov) bidder/customer and then ate surprised that there is a huge outcry at their disregard for common sense. Pregnant women?!,???!! Children!???, training someone not to hesitate to kill a pregnant women is so fucked up I can't believe a company would do this no matter who requested it.

Sacks of shif, the lot of them.

Acala
02-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Because no one could have thought this was a bad idea prior to the backlash. FFS, they whore themselves out to the highest (gov) bidder/customer and then ate surprised that there is a huge outcry at their disregard for common sense. Pregnant women?!,???!! Children!???, training someone not to hesitate to kill a pregnant women is so fucked up I can't believe a company would do this no matter who requested it.

Sacks of shif, the lot of them.

These are the kind of people that pry the fillings out of the teeth at the death camp.

tangent4ronpaul
02-25-2013, 02:49 PM
It doesn't say anything about discontinuing the product line, it says they removed them from their web site.

I take that to mean they still sell them under the counter and through their LEO only print catalog.

-t

libertyjam
02-25-2013, 02:51 PM
They said they took them offline. They did NOT say they would stop selling them.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-25-2013, 02:51 PM
According to a statement the company sent Reason last week, members of the law enforcement community inspired Law Enforcement Targets Inc. to design the "No More Hesitation" series in the first place:

Go fuck yourselves.

If they *really* discontinued them, then those targets will simply be sourced elsewhere, or created "in house."

There's nothing "done" or "finished" about this. Those snakes are leaking their intentions either purposely or accidentally. Either way, everything points in the same direction.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Go fuck yourselves.

If they *really* discontinued them, then those targets will simply be sourced elsewhere, or created "in house."

There's nothing "done" or "finished" about this. Those snakes are leaking their intentions either purposely or accidentally. Either way, everything points in the same direction.

And quite honestly... if someone wants to shoot a pregnant woman or child in front of me, they better do it from a distance.

Lucille
02-25-2013, 02:59 PM
It doesn't say anything about discontinuing the product line, it says they removed them from their web site.

I take that to mean they still sell them under the counter and through their LEO only print catalog.

-t

They said they took them offline. They did NOT say they would stop selling them.

I took that as they removed it from the manufacturing line. Could be right though.

Consistent with our company mission as a training supplier (not a training methods company), we will continue to seek input from law enforcement professionals to better serve their training objectives and qualification needs. We sincerely appreciate law enforcement professionals for the risks they take in providing safety and defending freedom.

LOL...

coastie
02-25-2013, 03:10 PM
And quite honestly... if someone wants to shoot a pregnant woman or child in front of me, they better do it from a distance.

Distance won't matter for me...I suggest you get a rifle.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Distance won't matter for me...I suggest you get a rifle.

I'll stick by what I said, and I meant every word of it.

Their distance has no correlation to me owning a baseball bat, or not.

coastie
02-25-2013, 03:19 PM
I'll stick by what I said, and I meant every word of it.

Their distance has no correlation to me owning a baseball bat, or not.

Roger that.

Lucille
02-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Wendy McElroy wonders the same thing about the offline comment:

US is a Third World Hellhole...According to Police
http://tdvmedia.com/getblog.php?id=147&ac=83GY0Z1T

LET is a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) supplier. It has contracts worth at least $5,471,126 with several federal agencies, and it boasts of providing training materials throughout the military and to “thousands of law enforcement agencies at the municipal, county, and state levels.” Law enforcement customers are admonished to “Mix & Match 'No More Hesitation' targets for best pricing.” Presumably, officers who shoot the elderly man will also want the companion elderly woman target.

Under an advertised image of a pregnant woman, LET explains the purpose behind the training material, “No More Hesitation Targets were designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training. No More Hesitation faded background enhances the isolation and is meant to help the transition for officers who are faced with these highly unusual targets for the first time.”

Correction: LET did caption the pregnant woman target in the foregoing manner. Some time last week, LET either removed the images of civilian targets or blocked open access to them. It is not clear what happened because LET's 'explanation' is ambiguous: “These products have been taken offline due to the opinions expressed by so many, including members of the law enforcement community.” Are they available offline? And why are some target posters still on the site (as of noon 25/02/13)?

Lots more at the link

jmdrake
02-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Law Enforcement Targets Inc. Discontinues Line of Targets Featuring Mom, Child, Grandparents, Pregnant Woman
http://reason.com/blog/2013/02/25/law-enforcement-targets-inc-discontinues

They can just go back to using pictures of their own families then, I guess.

WTH? So this same cop who uses pictures of his own kids as target practice will likely go on raids with CPS to take kids away from parents that don't vaccinate. Bizzarro world.

Pericles
02-26-2013, 10:38 AM
These are the kind of people that pry the fillings out of the teeth at the death camp.

Indeed they are. I don't know which is more morally disturbing - the fact that such individuals exist, or that I have come to the conclusion that such individuals need to be culled from the herd.

jmdrake
02-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Indeed they are. I don't know which is more morally disturbing - the fact that such individuals exist, or that I have come to the conclusion that such individuals need to be culled from the herd.

Option 3. The fact that the government actively encourages this kind of thinking in their recruiting and training.

shane77m
02-26-2013, 10:46 AM

The way it is looking that might start happening soon if the gun control laws that are being proposed continue to be passed and the police keep acting as judge, jury, and executioner.