PDA

View Full Version : Do we need a FAQ for legal concerns on the forum?

IHaveaDream
11-23-2007, 09:17 AM
I've heard a few people asking questions like these:

- The new campaign finance rules have me confused. Do I have to report every single donation to the FEC regardless of the amount? Even if I'm just an ordinary citizen? Will my name be made public?

- How do I find out where I can post campaign material like signs, banners, stickers, and literature without violating the law?

- Can I get arrested for organizing a political rally in a public place?

- Can someone be fired for promoting Ron Paul during working hours?

- Are churches prohibited from allowing their property to be used for fundraising or campaigning activities?

- Will volunteers be responsible for rounding up and disposing of road signs after the election?

- Under the new Patriot law, I'd be concerned that I might be labled a subversive for consorting with a group who is formally challenging the establishment. Aren't you worried about that?

These are the kind of questions I've heard over the last few weeks. Do we need to provide a resource directory for those who have these concerns?

Sematary
11-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Couldn't hurt.

leipo
11-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Good idea.

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 09:36 AM
very good idea, I've slowly peaced together PAC and Funding rules fromposting, it'd be nice if newer members could geta quick run down somewhere

Corydoras
11-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Do we want to have something the FEC can point to and say to any of us, "You should have known better than to break the law, it's right there on your biggest grassroots website"?