PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about the USA Today ad and local papers

RoyalShock
11-23-2007, 08:47 AM
I've tried to keep my eye on this forum, so if this is already been discussed, I apologize.

What if the local meet-up groups in the major cities (metro populations > 250,000) pooled their resources and put the same ad (with Mr. Lepard's permission, of course), in all of their local papers?

If USA Today charged $85000, I would think the cost in a local paper would be a fraction of that ($10k or less, depending on circulation?). If that is too much, maybe a half-page ad could be designed for that purpose?

That would be a pretty big bang for the buck, IMO.

llepard
11-23-2007, 09:21 AM
I've tried to keep my eye on this forum, so if this is already been discussed, I apologize.

What if the local meet-up groups in the major cities (metro populations > 250,000) pooled their resources and put the same ad (with Mr. Lepard's permission, of course), in all of their local papers?

If USA Today charged $85000, I would think the cost in a local paper would be a fraction of that ($10k or less, depending on circulation?). If that is too much, maybe a half-page ad could be designed for that purpose?

That would be a pretty big bang for the buck, IMO.

Great suggestion. Just go for it.

You don't need my permission. The advertisement is "open source" and belongs to everyone on this forum. We have all agreed to let the advertisment spread far and wide.

We want to make it the "Common Sense" of our time.

Welcome to the Forum. We all make a difference.

BTW, a few technical points. One, if your contributions to the campaign total $2300 or more then you need to put your name on the advertisment. (PM me for Linda's contact info). Two, if the cost of the advertisment is over 2300 you need to file with the Federal Election Commission. MARK this forum has links to details.

God bless you for your initiative..........Let's Do It! (Brother Bluto).

RoyalShock
11-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the encouragement and the legal info.

I guess step 1 would be to join a meet-up! (Living in rural Kansas makes this a pain. But, no pain, no gain, right?)

Jodi
11-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the encouragement and the legal info.

I guess step 1 would be to join a meet-up! (Living in rural Kansas makes this a pain. But, no pain, no gain, right?)

Where in Kansas?

RoyalShock
11-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Where in Kansas?

Roughly an hour from Wichita. Hutchinson area. So I'm probably not as rural as you, in terms of the likelihood of a meet-up group being within a relatively easy drive.

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 09:52 AM
I write in editorials to the paper everyday about the elctoral process, like where to get information, about delegates, polling, etc. and wlays make sure to make some sort f Ron Paul comment but keep it fairly objective to make sure it gets printed everyday and it has.

goldenequity
11-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Great suggestion. Just go for it.

You don't need my permission. The advertisement is "open source" and belongs to everyone on this forum. We have all agreed to let the advertisment spread far and wide.

We want to make it the "Common Sense" of our time.

Welcome to the Forum. We all make a difference.

BTW, a few technical points. One, if your contributions to the campaign total $2300 or more then you need to put your name on the advertisment. (PM me for Linda's contact info). Two, if the cost of the advertisment is over 2300 you need to file with the Federal Election Commission. MARK this forum has links to details.

God bless you for your initiative..........Let's Do It! (Brother Bluto).

Yes! Thanks Larry for your permission and encouragement.
I started working on this about 2 days ago and obtained the original/editable files (with permission) and have them now posted as a download here:
http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/USATodayAdCollectedFiles.zip (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/USATodayAdCollectedFiles.zip)

This is NOT the .pdf file.
These are the files needed to edit the original graphic work and text.
They are of course MAC generated and used Adobe In-Design, an industry standard.

The downloadable folder containing these files however, is a .zip file and will download to a Pee Cee (heh heh)

Go Forth and Multiply!! :D:D:D