PDA

View Full Version : What About Freedom?

FreeTraveler
11-23-2007, 08:09 AM
I see so much time being used here telling others what's right and what's wrong about how they're spreading the message, questioning this person's motive, insisting that something be done some particular way or it will be a disaster for the good doctor.

Then I saw this in another thread, and it reminded me why I'm here in the first place.

A movment of individualists is immune to subversives.

Just do what you want with yourself. If you'd rather donate sooner than the 30th or the 16th than do that. If you want to be in on the money bomb than do that instead.

It's just that simple. We don't need, have, or obey any central authority.

It's all about FREEDOM, remember? And freedom no only means doing what you want, the way you want to do it; it means granting others the same right.

I'll try to keep this in mind, and remember that if I don't like how something's being done, I have the freedom to do it my own way, without bitching about how the other person is doing it. When my control freak side gets loose, I'm not representing the movement, I'm representing the NeoCons.

freelance
11-23-2007, 08:12 AM
It's all about FREEDOM, remember? And freedom no only means doing what you want, the way you want to do it; it means granting others the same right.

I'll try to keep this in mind, and remember that if I don't like how something's being done, I have the freedom to do it my own way, without bitching about how the other person is doing it. When my control freak side gets loose, I'm not representing the movement, I'm representing the NeoCons.

+1000

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 08:40 AM
amen

Corydoras
11-23-2007, 10:06 PM
But also remember that part of what makes us a freedom movement is that we are critically minded, we examine what is presented to us, and we don't blindly swallow whatever someone tells us is good for us.

Yes, I agree the sniping gets out of hand sometimes, but critical thinking is part of what we are trying to encourage the electorate to do.