PDA

View Full Version : NYC: 2-Liter Bottles of Soda Banned on Pizza Deliveries

green73
02-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Take a big gulp, New York: Hizzoner is about to give you a pop.

Nanny Bloomberg unleashes his ban on large sodas on March 12 — and there are some nasty surprises lurking for hardworking families.

Say goodbye to that 2-liter bottle of Coke with your pizza delivery, pitchers of soft drinks at your kid’s birthday party and some bottle-service mixers at your favorite nightclub.

They’d violate Mayor Bloomberg’s new rules, which prohibit eateries from serving or selling sugary drinks in containers larger than 16 ounces.

Bloomberg’s soda smackdown follows his attacks on salt, sugar, trans fat, smoking and even baby formula.

cont
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/soda_ban_to_sap_your_4t5pEK0hvo3PoNZEBOdZ2L

Anti Federalist
02-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Yah, what a surprise.

I'm just curious what's next...whatever it is, it ought to be good.

I mean, once the premise and precedent is established, and it is, then nothing is off the table.

thoughtomator
02-24-2013, 10:35 AM
So they'll deliver 2 1-liter bottles at a higher cost to everybody.

jkr
02-24-2013, 10:37 AM
http://www.erowid.org/library/books/images/moonshiners_bootleggers.jpg

great

long PACKAGING companies (trash producers)

green73
02-24-2013, 10:39 AM

Except that 1 liter also violates the ban.

Dr.3D
02-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Yah, what a surprise.

I mean, once the premise and precedent is established, and it is, then nothing is off the table.
The stuff that is banned is "off the table". It may become "under the table" though. Suppose those bottles of soda don't have any sugar in them? Does the ban apply to 2-liter diet soda?

Peace&Freedom
02-24-2013, 10:49 AM
I've already heard commercials for "30 oz." soda containers that are going into stores in NYC to comply with Adolph Bloom's decree, as a way of skirting the 32 ounce line of death. So we'll be buying soda bottles of the same size, that could hold 32 oz. as before, but will just have two ounces less in it.

presence
02-24-2013, 10:49 AM
I've heard organic food is grown near manure....

ewww...

BAN!!!

Cowlesy
02-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Hopefully most of these places just practice civil disobedience.

Oh who am I kidding....

Cowlesy
02-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Yah, what a surprise.

"What's next, I'll tell you what's next!" --- in Drinking with Bob's voice

Bloomberg: Ban Styrofoam! http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/021413-644551-bloomberg-wants-to-outlaw-polystyrene-for-environment.htm

Anti Federalist
02-24-2013, 10:52 AM
The stuff that is banned is "off the table". It may become "under the table" though. Suppose those bottles of soda don't have any sugar in them? Does the ban apply to 2-liter diet soda?

No, not as far as I know, you can still buy aspartame by the gallon if you want.

Better to water the brain tumors with.

Anti Federalist
02-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Hopefully most of these places just practice civil disobedience.

Oh who am I kidding....

That was funny.

Smart3
02-24-2013, 11:07 AM
This won't help Bloom with the Orthodox Jewish community, who in my observation often buy said 2-liter bottles for gatherings.

but who cares? Bloom worships money, not HaShem.

Anti Federalist
02-24-2013, 11:18 AM
This won't help Bloom with the Orthodox Jewish community, who in my observation often buy said 2-liter bottles for gatherings.

but who cares? Bloom worships money, not HaShem.

Incorrect.

Bloom already was a billionaire, long before launching a political "career".

But even with billions of dollars, he did not have a 20,000 plus man army at his disposal, with the authority to use it.

Bloom, like all the rest of these sluts, worships power.

jclay2
02-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Incorrect.

Bloom already was a billionaire, long before launching a political "career".

But even with billions of dollars, he did not have a 20,000 plus man army at his disposal, with the authority to use it.

Bloom, like all the rest of these sluts, worships power.

Exactly. Why else would a billionaire care about the soda intake of its citizens unless he was a complete psychopath whose sole goal is to control every aspect of a new yorker's life.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-24-2013, 11:25 AM

Except one liter is something like 34 ounces, which is still more than double the 16-ounce limit.

presence
02-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Which really means they'll be delivering cans... so every will get Alzheimers faster on the upped aluminum.

kathy88
02-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Soda manufacturers should refuse to ship to NY until they back off. Can you imagine the sheep without soda? Seriously fun to watch.

sailingaway
02-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Did you know that whatsisface the Younger in North Korea just expanded civil liberties there to allow pizza and pants? (Presumably for women, but what do I know.) Bloomberg better watch out, North Korea is gaining on him!

VoluntaryAmerican
02-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Exactly. Why else would a billionaire care about the soda intake of its citizens unless he was a complete psychopath whose sole goal is to control every aspect of a new yorker's life.

http://i.imgur.com/LE7lXiq.jpg

Philhelm
02-24-2013, 11:53 AM
The bastard should be held down and forced to consume bottle after glorious bottle of 2-liters and not be allowed to brush his teeth for the night. Then get a rope.

VoluntaryAmerican
02-24-2013, 11:54 AM
The bastard should be held down and forced to consume bottle after glorious bottle of 2-liters and not be allowed to brush his teeth for the night. Then get a rope.

It would be funny to see if the Bloomberg house contains any 2 liter bottles of soda. I bet ya it does.

pcosmar
02-24-2013, 11:58 AM
It would be funny to see if the Bloomberg house contains any 2 liter bottles of soda. I bet ya it does.

That doesn't matter.

No High Capacity Assault Sodas for you.

osan
02-24-2013, 12:06 PM
cont
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/soda_ban_to_sap_your_4t5pEK0hvo3PoNZEBOdZ2L

What in hell are they putting in that boy's matzohs? He is become a raving lunatic.

Why has nobody taken this nutty little man to court? Because New Yorkers lay down for government, that is why.

Thank you Jesus for having delivered me from that den of boundless stupidity.

Anti Federalist
02-24-2013, 01:05 PM

Here's where it gets ugly...

At some point in time, these lunatics will tire of watching and laughing at everybody jumping through their ridiculous hoops, bowing and scraping in compliance.

Having grown weary of that entertainment, in fact, having grown world weary, jaded and at the height of cynicism, one of two things could happen:

1 - They kill a whole bunch of us off.

2 - They kill themselves and a whole bunch us off.

KrokHead
02-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Is a Slurpee really going to be under 16 oz? These rich assholes are real hypocrites. I bet Bloomberg probably throws all his recyclables in the trash and drinks Coca-Cola until his belly hurts.

Nirvikalpa
02-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Hey Bloomberg, f*ck you.

Natural Citizen
02-24-2013, 01:52 PM
This is something that really annoys me about people. Meaning the choices they make about their food intake. Now, I know, it's not of my business and people have the right to do as they please without anyone telling them otherwise and I agree with that right but gosh Americans are becoming pathetic. I was at a buffet for lunch the other day and there was a young lady who was severely obese. She was just pounding it away. And yes, she must have banged down 7 or 8 cokes. I looked at her and thought to myself wow. This was a beautiful woman. She had a beautiful face. She was around 350 though. She had let herself just go to hell physically. The kid was doing the same thing. Mom was with her, it looked like, and yes...same thing. People, many at least, fall back on the old "it's hereditary" gag but this is a way of life that is taught. Or led by example. Was just a shame I thought.

presence
02-24-2013, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if vendors start selling 2L of carbonated water with a few ounces of soda syrup on the side.

twomp
02-24-2013, 02:32 PM
And here I thought it was bad in California (which it is) but damn, NY is raising the bar!

VoluntaryAmerican
02-24-2013, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if vendors start selling 2L of carbonated water with a few ounces of soda syrup on the side.

I doubt they will comply... except products that were specifically targeted like the Big Gulp.

MelissaWV
02-24-2013, 02:36 PM
This is something that really annoys me about people. Meaning the choices they make about their food intake. Now, I know, it's not of my business and people have the right to do as they please without anyone telling them otherwise and I agree with that right but gosh Americans are becoming pathetic. I was at a buffet for lunch the other day and there was a young lady who was severely obese. She was just pounding it away. And yes, she must have banged down 7 or 8 cokes. I looked at her and thought to myself wow. This was a beautiful woman. She had a beautiful face. She was around 350 though. She had let herself just go to hell physically. The kid was doing the same thing. Mom was with her, it looked like, and yes...same thing. People, many at least, fall back on the old "it's hereditary" gag but this is a way of life that is taught. Or led by example. Was just a shame I thought.

So don't look. You were at a buffet yourself. I'm sure you had one helping of salad and some water lol

As to the OP, I agree with others that they'll just sell the smaller bottles of soda at a premium. The places here mostly sell the 20 oz. bottles, but some have gone to the mini-bottles as well.

Does anyone realize that someone who's already going to drink a bunch of soda, is still going to do so, and is now throwing away twice or thrice the plastic into the landfills?

AGRP
02-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Who really stands to benefit? Corporations and .gov:

The profit on a single can, 6, or 12 pack has to be more than a 2L.

.gov, obvious benefits.

http://griid.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/picture-18.png

Natural Citizen
02-24-2013, 02:57 PM
MelissaWV So don't look. You were at a buffet yourself. I'm sure you had one helping of salad and some water lol

Yer funny. But that's exactly what I had though along with some salmon and bread. It's not that I felt like it was appalling to look at or anything. It's not like that at all. The last thing I want to do is come off as obtuse or anything.

But I'll tell you this. I've seen many a youth grow up to lead healthy lives while consuming some of these products wisely as opposed to recklessly. Heck, there were times we traveled 9 months out of the year living out of hotels and eating in restaurants. Many of which have gone on to become lean and trim D1 and MLB prospects. They drank soda. Ate fast food at times. But they weren't gluttons and they did something to burn it off besides sit in front of the tv. That kid that was sitting in the chair beside her doesn't stand a chance unless he's taught a different way. And yes, it's a shame. Doesn't have to be that way.

All I was really trying to point out is that this is a choice that Americans should maybe think about better. It is taught. It is led by example. There is a such thing as reckless consumption. And it's dangerous to your health and a growing population of youth based upon the the same reckless consumerism of the previous generation of parents.

DamianTV
02-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Next on the Agenda:

Smoking

Unlicensed Sex

Unlicensed Pregnancy

Salt

Bacon

Red Meat

Freedom of Choice of ANYTHING.

jkob
02-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Hopefully Fuhrer Bloomberg stays in NYC, he's probably the scariest man in America

devil21
02-24-2013, 03:25 PM
What in hell are they putting in that boy's matzohs? He is become a raving lunatic.

Why has nobody taken this nutty little man to court? Because New Yorkers lay down for government, that is why.

Thank you Jesus for having delivered me from that den of boundless stupidity.

Probably can't take him to court until the "rule" takes effect since there aren't any damages yet. Interesting how the article calls it a rule instead of what it actually is....a law.

osan
02-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Here's where it gets ugly...

At some point in time, these lunatics will tire of watching and laughing at everybody jumping through their ridiculous hoops, bowing and scraping in compliance.

Having grown weary of that entertainment, in fact, having grown world weary, jaded and at the height of cynicism, one of two things could happen:

1 - They kill a whole bunch of us off.

2 - They kill themselves and a whole bunch us off.

Wouldn't be the tenth time.

oyarde
02-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Al this shit is too confusing , I would just bring a six pack of 16 oz beers to work , set it on my desk , pop one, tell 'm King B said it was OK.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-24-2013, 03:46 PM
who buys it from the pizzeria anyway? it's a ripoff. Obviously it's a consumer protection law :D

DamianTV
02-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Why beat around the bush and pass a law that requires the obvious? Buy everything from Walmarx.

green73
02-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Why beat around the bush and pass a law that requires the obvious? Buy everything from Walmarx.

That evil Walmart!

MRK
02-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Every time I see this thread, I want to order a pizza.

And after reading this thread, now I want to order a 2 Liter of Mountain Dew, too. And I don't even like soda that much.

KingRobbStark
02-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Gaaaaaaaaay

dillo
02-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Arent the majority of Pizza shops in NYC under the table cash businesses that dont pay taxes

amy31416
02-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Are they boiling the frog a little too quickly? I haven't been to NYC or around them in quite a while, hard to say.

AFPVet
02-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Which really means they'll be delivering cans... so every will get Alzheimers faster on the upped aluminum.

BPA actually. The thin layer of plastic inside of the can was designed to prevent aluminum leeching... the problem is that BPA plastics are endocrine disruptors :mad:

acptulsa
02-24-2013, 04:37 PM
If Bloomberg or anyone else thinks this will do anything other than increase the amount of plastic/aluminum that needs to be recycled (an energy-wasting process), they're delusional.

Much like safety equipment that makes cars nearly a thousand pounds heavier than they need to be or traffic lights that continue their slow cycles all night long when no one is out and about, this is just more proof that the energy companies rule this nation.

Xhin
02-25-2013, 12:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/W8nSrgM.png