PDA

View Full Version : RudysReadingList.com: November 30th Money Bomb

freedom_junkie
11-23-2007, 07:36 AM
For those of you wanting another money bomb before December 16th:

Trevor made this site: http://www.RudysReadingList.com

I helped w/ graphics and will be helping to make banners w/ the RP artist clearinghouse meetup. I'll come back and post them here later today. If you would like to pledge go to the site. It is not meant to detract from Teaparty!

SwordOfShannarah
11-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the post, but sadly this is just going to bring on another flame war..

RudysReadingList.com was made in repsonse to hundreds of passionate email requests to move up the donation date. But they were not alone, there were also hundreds of requests not to change the date. No one should be able to force the other to their will, and ignoring those who want to donate earlier would be a type of force. I can only offer choice and free will as the solution.

This is my final thought on this issue and it is an excerpt from the email that is going out today..

"I would like to add one additional thought for us to consider. There are well over 100 million adults in this country who have not yet donated to Dr. Paul. Many of us feel donating on one day will detract from the other. I argue that rather than thinking about cutting up the pie in smaller pieces, we should simply make the pie bigger. The “limited wealth” mindset may seem more rooted in reality, but it is actually untrue and defeatist in nature. If we want to have abundance we must envision it, believe in it, and take action to achieve it. The truth is the money is there and we need only convince more people to support Dr. Paul to be victorious. Please think about it, and thank you for all of your efforts. "

literatim
11-23-2007, 07:59 AM
:mad:

LibertyEagle
11-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the post, but sadly this is just going to bring on another flame war..

RudysReadingList.com was made in repsonse to hundreds of passionate email requests to move up the donation date. But they were not alone, there were also hundreds of requests not to change the date. No one should be able to force the other to their will, and ignoring those who want to donate earlier would be a type of force. I can only offer choice and free will as the solution.

This is my final thought on this issue and it is an excerpt from the email that is going out today..

"I would like to add one additional thought for us to consider. There are well over 100 million adults in this country who have not yet donated to Dr. Paul. Many of us feel donating on one day will detract from the other. I argue that rather than thinking about cutting up the pie in smaller pieces, we should simply make the pie bigger. The “limited wealth” mindset may seem more rooted in reality, but it is actually untrue and defeatist in nature. If we want to have abundance we must envision it, believe in it, and take action to achieve it. The truth is the money is there and we need only convince more people to support Dr. Paul to be victorious. Please think about it, and thank you for all of your efforts. "

Trevor, who died and left you God of the fundraiser on December 16th? You do not own it and you never did. Yet, you seem to think it is your right to spam those who signed up for that event and attempt to convince them to direct their attention to this new event on November 30th. A whole lot of us have spent our own time and money promoting the Tea Party. You are not the unilateral "Decider". Please stop acting as if you are.

My understanding is that you are NOT the owner of the tea party website. I certainly hope the owner removes your permissions on that site. You have abused that privilege. :mad:

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 08:35 AM
My understanding that he is the owner of the teaparty, 7 days to raise 5 mil, we can do this, positivity people, we got the power

LibertyEagle
11-23-2007, 08:38 AM
My understanding that he is the owner of the teaparty, 7 days to raise 5 mil, we can do this, positivity people, we got the power

You think he owns the fundraiser? Surely that is not what you're thinking.

Perhaps you think he owns the website? Not according to this:

WHOIS information for: teaparty07.com:

[whois.melbourneit.com]

Domain Name.......... teaparty07.com
Creation Date........ 2007-10-25
Registration Date.... 2007-10-25
Expiry Date.......... 2008-10-25

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 08:40 AM
either way, we were all talking about getting to 12 mil before the 16th before anyways, so let's get to 12mil on the 30th then focus ont he teaparty again

LibertyEagle
11-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Trevor's actions are reprehensible. If he keeps on abusing the Tea Party mailing list, he will likely kill the success of that fundraiser.

He has apparently gotten what my parent's generation used to call.... "Too big for his britches."

He has abused his power. His access rights to The Tea Party website should be revoked immediately, if not sooner. Before he does any MORE damage.

1town
11-23-2007, 08:51 AM
What do you people want? To keep people from even knowing of the 30th?

Let people make up their own goddamn mind, and stop bitching about Trevor.

Original_Intent
11-23-2007, 08:59 AM
5 million my ass. If the 30th raises 5 million there is no ifs ands or buts that the TeaParty is DOA.

Get the campaign to $10 million on the 30th, far more than they ever could have dreamed of having at that point when they set the $12 million goal, and then please save your money for the 16th. This is not telling you when to donate this is an earnest request.

I respect the heck out of Trevor for what he has done in the past, but using the TeaParty email list to promote November 30th was way out of line.

Cyclone
11-23-2007, 09:00 AM

LibertyEagle
11-23-2007, 09:00 AM
What do you people want? To keep people from even knowing of the 30th?

Let people make up their own goddamn mind, and stop bitching about Trevor.

Frankly, YES!!

Are you unable to donate without a themed-fundraiser with it's own website and little banners all over the place? Trevor's actions are killing the larger Tea Party fundraiser. He does not have that right.

Bruehound
11-23-2007, 09:04 AM
People have the liberty and free will to decide which days they want to donate.

People can also judge which posts are mature and which are immature.

Cyclone
11-23-2007, 09:05 AM

literatim
11-23-2007, 09:07 AM
The worst is the arguing that happens when advertising the Tea Party website. People are actively telling people not to donate on the 16th.

LibertyEagle
11-23-2007, 09:08 AM
People have the liberty and free will to decide which days they want to donate.

People can also judge which posts are mature and which are immature.

Yes, they do. The problem is that instead of just creating another web site and advertising his Giuliani fundraiser, Trevor is abusing the mailing list for The Tea Party fundraiser to promote this new one.

See the problem?

Original_Intent
11-23-2007, 09:10 AM
What on this earth makes you think you can raise that much money? Do you have a crystal ball?

Besides, the issue is not how much we can make, but an absolute abuse of trust and power. It is deplorable. Trevor has someone gotten to think he can do whatever he wants with everyone else's work. He is being selfish beyond belief and losing all of our trust.

We are losing miles of momentum here and people have lost faith in advertising the website. We don't know what we are advertising. For all we know Trevor could add a few more.

We need the crescendo to build up on this movement and you are taking all of the steam out of it. Not to mention the amount of pain you are causing.

This is a total breach of contract. We have agreed in writing what this site would be for, and now Trevor is unilaterally changing the entire concept. We are losing tons of publicity as people no longer trust Trevor or the site and are refusing to mention its name. That hurts all of us.

I don't know where you got the idea that this entire project is yours and yours alone, but it is not.

You have proven yourself to be a loose cannon. I am very disappointed in you.

Alex is on a very short list of people I either don't trust (I am not talking mole, I am talking either mole or severely lacking in judgement.) loose cannon is exactly the problem.

I honestly think the big influx of new people to the boards is great and 99% of them are awesome, but I have a severe problem with several who cruise in here in the last few months and 1) start criticising the forum (are you there, NPOTUS?)
or start promoting things that undermine efforts that have had a lot of effort put into them, either from being noobs or intentional sabotage (hddn_agnda tops the list, pretty stupid name for a mole, but I guess he couldn't resist being clever)

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 09:16 AM
The worst is the arguing that happens when advertising the Tea Party website. People are actively telling people not to donate on the 16th.

I'm yet to see anyone tell anyone not to donate on the 16th, when you say "we don't trust him", you speaking for everyone else as much as yo accuse him off. I trust Trevor, and I know I'm not alone in that. The momentum for the teaparty is still set and there still plenty of time to promote it and theres plenty of new people and more to come... I know me and many others are still just as motivated to give.

I'm just saying if you don't like it, fine, but don't speak for the rest of us, Trevor didn't speak for all of us, he spoke for those who wanted an option and it's better from him instead of waiting till 10-20 people cam up with a plethora of option like what happened right after the 5th.

Remember how everyone had there own site with their own bombs after the 5th, if the Teaparty site hadn't already been taken care of we'd still be arguing which one is legit.

He probably saved the teaparty by nipping it in the bud before people took it into their own hands.

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Alex is on a very short list of people I either don't trust (I am not talking mole, I am talking either mole or severely lacking in judgement.) loose cannon is exactly the problem.

I honestly think the big influx of new people to the boards is great and 99% of them are awesome, but I have a severe problem with several who cruise in here in the last few months and 1) start criticising the forum (are you there, NPOTUS?)
or start promoting things that undermine efforts that have had a lot of effort put into them, either from being noobs or intentional sabotage (hddn_agnda tops the list, pretty stupid name for a mole, but I guess he couldn't resist being clever)

You don't trust me cause I'm willing to donate $100 twice? And defending a respected member of the board?

Finn
11-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Cyclone, I think I want to have your babies. Excuse me for the inappropriate way of saying you couldn't have said it better.

I've had a lot of freetime during the past few days and I was biting my nails waiting who would be the one trying to sabotage the 16th by sending a mass email about 30th. And it happened, and I ended banging my head on the desk.

I got my spirits high up in sky with the 5th but this division has been horrible to watch.

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 09:25 AM
I don't like the division either, I just wish people could keepa positive attitude is all, plus to call his use of the mailing list an abuse would be to accuse Dr. Mercola of the same thing, I'm sure not all his reader signed up to be getting political messages, yet we applauded him for abusing his mailing list.

Bruehound
11-23-2007, 09:32 AM
These threads used to bother me but now I've noticed its pretty much three people.

Peace Out.

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 09:34 AM
yeah, me literatim, and another, I want to stop posting.... but my youthful stubborness and my inability to just watch people chastize their own.

KewlRonduderules
11-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Oh for goodness sake people! You all are still at it?! Gees!

Look it is really simple- we're not going to come together on this issue. We're either going to agree or disagree. People have differing opinions- some valid and not so valid on either side of the matter. It is clear we are not going to come together on this.

Donate on November 30th or donate on December 16th or do both! It is really not hard to calculate.

Why is that so hard to understand?

And what's up with the trolls lately in here?

stevedasbach
11-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Folks, if this non-stop bickering continues, the effect will be to turn people against all appeals to donate and everyone will lose -- especially Dr. Paul and the cause of freedom.

Nov 11th didn't stop Nov 5th from being a huge success and Nov 30th isn't going to stop Dec 16th from blowing Nov 5th out of the water. Assuming, of course, that we can bring ourselves to stop bitching at our fellow feedom-fighters and get back to positive promotion.

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Folks, if this non-stop bickering continues, the effect will be to turn people against all appeals to donate and everyone will lose -- especially Dr. Paul and the cause of freedom.

Nov 11th didn't stop Nov 5th from being a huge success and Nov 30th isn't going to stop Dec 16th from blowing Nov 5th out of the water. Assuming, of course, that we can bring ourselves to stop bitching at our fellow feedom-fighters and get back to positive promotion.

amen

Original_Intent
11-23-2007, 09:38 AM
You don't trust me cause I'm willing to donate $100 twice? And defending a respected member of the board?

I don't trust you because you because of your bad judgement. It is possible that more total money will be raised with the two bombs than would have beenr aised with just one (although with the morale issues, even that is being thrown into doubt.

But let's say by doing the 30th also an extra million is raised. Since at this point we will never know what might have been, this is all just speculation and will forver remain so. But let's also say you get your wish and raise 5 million on the 30th, and that the 15th goes on to make 6 million.

Now, some people would think that's great because an extra million was raised. They have refused to address the fact that if this happens we will have cost the campaign $20 million in press that would have been gained with a $10 million dollar TeaParty. Gaining a million and getting a few more of the miilion two weeks early is a bad trade off.

Also consider that MOST AMERICANS are far more likely to be swayed by positive press than by a political ad. Most people are very distrustful of politicians and are very trustful (too trustful!) of the talking heads on the evening news.

With a huge positive press day, when the ads do run they are FAR more likely to pay attention and say "Oh yeah this is that guy who raised all the money and has more grassroots supporters than all the other guys put together" and actually LISTEN and let themselves be convinced. A few more ad buys is not going to compensate for losing this.

Original_Intent
11-23-2007, 09:40 AM

November 11th came after the 5th. Big difference. The 11th also came into being strictly for the few who had a problem with donating on "Guy Fawkes" Day.

AFAIK, The November 5th email list was not used to promote November 11th. Very significant difference.

fletcher
11-23-2007, 09:40 AM
If you think you need to donate before the 16th then just donate. You don't need a money bomb everytime you want to donate. We don't need Trevor to tell people when to donate. How fucking stupid. Worst.idea.ever.

1town
11-23-2007, 09:41 AM
These threads used to bother me but now I've noticed its pretty much three people.

Peace Out.

Quoted for truth. The revolution is bigger than us. Keep spreading the truth and promoting TeaParty07 with or without the 30th. The Bomb will be heard across the land.

jake
11-23-2007, 09:41 AM
yeah, me literatim, and another, I want to stop posting.... but my youthful stubborness and my inability to just watch people chastize their own.

here's my honest suggestion: if you really want to be helpful, don't post in these threads. you are only fueling the fire. who will they argue with if no one else responds? :)

KewlRonduderules
11-23-2007, 09:42 AM
+1

Finn
11-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Nov 11th didn't stop Nov 5th from being a huge success and Nov 30th isn't going to stop Dec 16th from blowing Nov 5th out of the water.
Let's hope so. If there will be damage it's already been done.

And I probably should keep my gob shut as I'm mostly just a lurker here, but this has been very frustrating.

Over and out.

eric_cartman
11-23-2007, 09:52 AM
obviously, people are free to donate what they want, when they want.

but we can all agree, that by donating together on a single day, we get more bang for our buck, or value for our donation, by doing a money bomb... this is because it gets media attention. plain and simple.

now, the debate is whether Ron Paul would benefit more from early contributions, than he would benefit from amount raised on the money bomb.

i think they can wait until the 16th for the money. ron paul supporters have already raised a lot of money, and they would be able to count on the money coming in on the 16th, allowing them to spend virtually every penny by the 15th, knowing money was going to flow in the next day.

now i'm all for free choice, and to give people the option for an early money bomb is clearly not to be prohibited under the freedom of the campaign.

however, you must think of this as a game, where we have a certain set of options, each having different results. whether you like it or not, the decision to have two money bombs, or just one on the 16th, will have an effect on the campaign. the question is, which course of action will have the best outcome and the most benefit for ron paul becoming president.

if you leave the decision up to everyone, some people will think one way, some will think the other. only one of the decisions is correct though.

the correct decision is to have all the money donated on the 16th. i would support the position that no money should be donated to the campaign until the 16th, at which time everyone donates as much as they can.

the creators of this website for the 30th and those promoting the nov. 30th campaign now have a decision to make for themselves. i know they want what's good for ron paul, and i hope they realize it would be far better if they shut down their website, and told everyone to donate whatever money they would have donated on the 16th. this unfortunately will likely not happen, since ego will come into play, and they will be convinced their course of action is more beneficial simply because they are involved in it and want the credit for the action.

i know some people said they would donate $100 on the 30th, and $100 on the 16th. Now, obviously these people make their own decisions with their money. All i'm saying is that the campaign would benefit from having this person donate $200 on the 16th, and none on the 30th.

we need to make this tea party huge... let's crack 10mil... and to do that, we need every cent.

look what happened to the nov. 11th money bomb... it didn't work. this nov. 30th one wont work. and if it does get a couple million, i'm sure we'll fall a couple million short on the 16th of our 10mil, knowing that if the 30th people had saved their money and spent it on the 16th, we could have reached that higher number.

LibertyEagle
11-23-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm yet to see anyone tell anyone not to donate on the 16th, when you say "we don't trust him", you speaking for everyone else as much as yo accuse him off. I trust Trevor, and I know I'm not alone in that. The momentum for the teaparty is still set and there still plenty of time to promote it and theres plenty of new people and more to come... I know me and many others are still just as motivated to give.

I'm just saying if you don't like it, fine, but don't speak for the rest of us, Trevor didn't speak for all of us, he spoke for those who wanted an option and it's better from him instead of waiting till 10-20 people cam up with a plethora of option like what happened right after the 5th.

Remember how everyone had there own site with their own bombs after the 5th, if the Teaparty site hadn't already been taken care of we'd still be arguing which one is legit.

He probably saved the teaparty by nipping it in the bud before people took it into their own hands.

Did you vote for Bush? Just curious.

Cyclone
11-23-2007, 09:53 AM
///

KewlRonduderules
11-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks for your input. let's move on aka drop it!

Cyclone
11-23-2007, 09:54 AM
///

Cyclone
11-23-2007, 09:56 AM

but we can all agree, that by donating together on a single day, we get more bang for our buck, or value for our donation, by doing a money bomb... this is because it gets media attention. plain and simple.

now, the debate is whether Ron Paul would benefit more from early contributions, than he would benefit from amount raised on the money bomb.

i think they can wait until the 16th for the money. ron paul supporters have already raised a lot of money, and they would be able to count on the money coming in on the 16th, allowing them to spend virtually every penny by the 15th, knowing money was going to flow in the next day.

now i'm all for free choice, and to give people the option for an early money bomb is clearly not to be prohibited under the freedom of the campaign.

however, you must think of this as a game, where we have a certain set of options, each having different results. whether you like it or not, the decision to have two money bombs, or just one on the 16th, will have an effect on the campaign. the question is, which course of action will have the best outcome and the most benefit for ron paul becoming president.

if you leave the decision up to everyone, some people will think one way, some will think the other. only one of the decisions is correct though.

the correct decision is to have all the money donated on the 16th. i would support the position that no money should be donated to the campaign until the 16th, at which time everyone donates as much as they can.

the creators of this website for the 30th and those promoting the nov. 30th campaign now have a decision to make for themselves. i know they want what's good for ron paul, and i hope they realize it would be far better if they shut down their website, and told everyone to donate whatever money they would have donated on the 16th. this unfortunately will likely not happen, since ego will come into play, and they will be convinced their course of action is more beneficial simply because they are involved in it and want the credit for the action.

i know some people said they would donate $100 on the 30th, and $100 on the 16th. Now, obviously these people make their own decisions with their money. All i'm saying is that the campaign would benefit from having this person donate $200 on the 16th, and none on the 30th.

we need to make this tea party huge... let's crack 10mil... and to do that, we need every cent.

look what happened to the nov. 11th money bomb... it didn't work. this nov. 30th one wont work. and if it does get a couple million, i'm sure we'll fall a couple million short on the 16th of our 10mil, knowing that if the 30th people had saved their money and spent it on the 16th, we could have reached that higher number.

Why is it the newest members make the most sense! Well said. Super Sweeeeet.

stevedasbach
11-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Let's hope so. If there will be damage it's already been done.

And I probably should keep my gob shut as I'm mostly just a lurker here, but this has been very frustrating.

Over and out.

I don't think any significant damage to Dec 16 has been done by Nov 30 (aside from the bickering here). Here is my evidence:

A Google search for teaparty.com turns up over 88,000 entries. A search for RudysReadingList.com turns up just eight -- seven of which also mention teaparty07.com.

Signups for Nov 30 climbed quickly to 800, then flattened out. If the current rate continues, less than 1500 people will sign up. Assuming twice as many people donate (like on Nov 5th) and a similar average contribution, that's $300k.

$300,000 isn't going to make or break Dec 16th, which already has 20,000 people signed up (and is on track for nearly 40,000).

eric_cartman
11-23-2007, 10:05 AM
also... rudy's reading list?.... come on...

that's the stupidest theme ever.

nbhadja
11-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Who are you? You jump on this site, derail all efforts to make the 16th a success, act like Trevor's best friend, ignore all discussion of anything rational and then make this ridiculous comparison with a private person's website who has multiple reasons to send out mailings, with a site developed by us all, and dedicated to one single purpose.

These are not the same things. The argument is irrational.

Trevor has abused our trust in him, and I am afraid that he will do more damage to the campaign with his abuse of the email addresses that were sent to him with the promise (written on the website) that all the email addresses would be used for would be updates of the 16th and how many were donating to the cause.

In fact, he may even be in violation of the law since he is in effect now sending out spam to all on that list. At the very least it is a violation of trust and is immoral and cruel to us all.

So, if you want another fund raiser, then go get another site, go do your own advertising for it and leave this one alone. How bloody hard is that? What part of being honest do you not understand?

Wow, you owned them. Seriously.

hddn-agnda
11-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Go out and do your own work for your own pet project. Don't hijack ours.

Nobody other than the person who owns the website(and the Tea Party email list includes persons who were on Trevors list, btw) has any right to claim this as THEIRS. And as a matter of fact this is a thread to PROMOTE a money bomb... if you want to argue against it, you do that with another thread of your own, in the hot topics subforum, as per forum rules. this entire thread has been flagged, so hopefully something will come of that.

Speculation of whether or not Ron Paul has a shill in his midst are thus far unproven, whereas the fact I got an email from the campaign asking for money IS PROVEN. HOW DARE YOU try and detract from the OFFICIAL efforts of the campaign. I say that people here who would argue that we IGNORE THE STAFF THAT RON PAUL HAND PICKED are the shills. I would love for us to all just STFU and donate when you want to donate. All the media coverage in the world won't mean shit because it's not FOCUSED ADVERTISEMENT. Anyone in marketing knows that this is more important than your ego, and hearing about what you did on the news. We're not tasked by our founders to win the fundraising efforts--we were tasked to protect Liberty--we need the money RIGHT DAMN NOW to do that. Get the hell out of the PRO 30TH topics and post your negativity in one of the numerous other topics on the issue.

Original_Intent
11-23-2007, 10:20 AM
also... rudy's reading list?.... come on...

that's the stupidest theme ever.

Thank heavens for small favors.

hddn-agnda
11-23-2007, 10:27 AM
But let's also say you get your wish and raise 5 million on the 30th, and that the 15th goes on to make 6 million.

Now, some people would think that's great because an extra million was raised. They have refused to address the fact that if this happens we will have cost the campaign $20 million in press that would have been gained with a $10 million dollar TeaParty.

At least we're not spreading the wrong day. It's the 16th. Second of all, if you raise 5 Million on the 30th, you'll break another record. I DON'T THINK THAT WILL HAPPEN. MORE LIKE $250K. Just a bump, throwing Dr. Paul some beer money for his efforts.

Likewise, if you raised 6 million the 2 weeks after that, you'd break another record. So you're saying that the media would ignore 2 records in a row because it's not ONE RECORD, TWICE THE SIZE... well if you have that little faith in the media, what makes you think that they would cover it fairly, NO MATTER WHAT? What assurances do you have that you raise 10 Million(same goal as last time, we fell DRAMATICALLY SHORT OF THAT.) that the media would cover it... fairly or otherwise?

That is a rhetorical question. I'd like any answers place in a PM, so as to not detract from the intentions of this thread.

I'll donate some more that day, along with the 50 per week, the 400 I gave yesterday and be maxing out the 16th. I'm such a traitor to THE GRASS ROOTS, luckily I support something more important, and more importantly--RIGHT--RON PAUL.

Cyclone
11-23-2007, 10:27 AM
///

skinzterpswizfan
11-23-2007, 10:28 AM

So what happens when Ron Paul comes in 5th in Iowa and 4th in New Hampshire and he's still sitting on 10+ million because he couldn't spend it on the early primaries?

Not saying it's going to happen, but if it does all that money is worthless to him because his campaign is effectively DONE.

Original_Intent
11-23-2007, 10:33 AM
HOW DARE YOU try and detract from the OFFICIAL efforts of the campaign. I say that people here who would argue that we IGNORE THE STAFF THAT RON PAUL HAND PICKED are the shills.

I am not detracting from the efforts of the campaign, I am protesting one person in the campaign's effort to detract from a grass roots effort. I honestly think that Mr. Bydlack came very close to crossing the line regarding FEC rules in directing a grass roots effort. I DARE because I trust the consensus of the long time forum members who have already paid in dollars and effort than to put all my trust in the judgement of one 23 year old and a couple of outspoken loudmouths who have shown up on the forums within the last month or two and who I don't trust.

HOW DARE I? I dare in the same way that Politiea dared to make the awesome post yesterday, because I dare to speak for myself. HOW DARE YOU come in here with the very transparent name of HIDDEN AGENDA and so far everything I have seen from you has lived up to the name. Don't even give me the innocent wide-eyed BS of "Oh I am just trying to help with a fundraiser for Ron Paul, how is that bad??"

HiddenAgenda, the 15th was a typo..

CelestialRender
11-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Abuse of power, guys? Really?

It's an email. You can delete it if you want.

He's trying to form a compromise. If you want to blame somebody, blame the campaign for sending out the stupid divisive email in the first place.

hddn-agnda
11-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Actually, naming myself Hidden Agenda has more to do with what type of music I listen to. There is a British DnB producer duo called HIDDEN AGENDA on metalheadz recordings, but whatever. Tighten your tin foil helmet.

There are people here with 1700 posts. I signed up here a while back, accidentally deleted the email to activate and sent a PM to the Admin to resend, so I could post. it just so happens that the entire line of communication on this forum for the day I was here was about another email from the campaign that I DID GET... I've read the rules a few times now, because I actually got a warning for responding to Literatim yesterday.

Did you also miss the email that asked for MONEY RIGHT NOW, instead of later? Since you have ignored that, then how do you know the campaign didn't send out an email requesting the stupidly named Money Bomb?

The campaign has a need... meet it or don't, but otherwise, get the hell out of our way and dig your own grave, statists.

Hidden Agenda -

Well, aren't you a pleasant one and busy. I see that you joined up yesterday. And in 24 hours or less you have managed to post 73 times. Do you have an agenda? That seems a bit excessive for someone who is not a brand new troll.

Moreover, you act as if this topic is Promote the Nov. 30 day instead of just discuss it. That is what we are doing. Discussing it. Perhaps you need to learn the rules of the forum and the rules of decorum.

I must have missed the email from the campaign asking for an absurd (thank you Eric Cartman) title for a money bomb on a specific day. In fact, the campaign did not ask for any money bomb at all. It certainly did not ask that all that signed up for the teaparty get spammed by a new idea unilaterally circulated by some guy who did nothing more than help design a webpage.

You are way out of line, and have no idea what you are talking about. You sound like most of the detractors of Ron Paul who tend to be better at attacking a person than actually discussing an idea.

What is your hidden agenda anyway? Are you trying to derail the 16th? Do you come from Rudy's camp? Are you trying to get us to split apart?

For someone who has been a member of this board for 24 hours you sure have had you finger in a lot of pies. What other pots have you been trying to stir?

This forum is for people who love Ron Paul and want to see him succeed. If you want to give him all your money on the 30th, have fun. But that does not change the fact, that the teaparty07.com site was set up for, surprise surprise, the Boston Tea Party date and not Rudy's reading list. And btw, the date is the 16th, not the 15th.

I think your name is quite approrpriate.

hddn-agnda
11-23-2007, 10:46 AM
November 20, 2007

During the first few days of October, we announced our fundraising goal for the fourth quarter: $12 million raised by December 31.

But there's more: we need to have spent it by then, too.

If we were to raise the entire $12 million in the last week of December, we would meet our fundraising goal for the quarter. But Ron Paul would stand little chance of winning the Republican nomination, because that money would have come in too late.

Time is of the essence. You see, we need to raise money well before we plan to spend it. That's because most of the expenditures that we make need to be paid for weeks in advance. For example, we need to buy crucial airtime for the end of December right now.

The sooner we raise this money, the sooner that we can spread Dr. Paul's message - our message - in the early primary states. Time truly is money.

Fact is, we only have about two weeks to raise money for the early primaries.

If you wait a month from now to donate, your money will only be spent after Iowa caucus-goers and New Hampshire primary voters have made up their minds.

We are rapidly running out of time. The Iowa caucus is just 44 days away. New Hampshire is in 49 days. With so much ground to make up, we can't afford to waste a single day.

As a result, we are spending faster than the rate at which we are raising money. In October alone, we raised $2.8 million, but our campaign spent over $3.1 million.

We cannot afford to wait for bursts of press activity. What we need is sustained attention in the news. What better way to do this than by continuing to raise money at a rapid pace now? We need to keep our momentum going.

Help us win in New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina, and Nevada.

Make your most generous contribution as soon as you can: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate.

Jonathan Bydlak
Fundraising Director
Ron Paul 2008

hddn-agnda
11-23-2007, 10:50 AM
I am a shill for no man. Look at every post I've made. I've never ONCE tried to detract from the Official campaign, and near as I can tell, that's who I'm voting for... not the Grass roots.

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 10:55 AM
just let it go hddn, I know when you care about this campaign as much as we all do and to be accused of otherwise hurts, I know I've stopped posting in these threads and just let them make their accusations and it kinda hurts when what you believe in turns on you but there is nothing we can do but just move on.

I know what I've contributed, and what I will contribute, I know what I stand for, and that's enough for me to keep fighting for liberty.

gworrel
11-23-2007, 10:57 AM
I am curious. Are those who are so opposed to the November 30th event too poor to donate $100 on both the 30th and the 16th? Or are you just afraid that everyone else is too poor to do so? Why does it seem so impossible to convince 40-100k people to donate twice in the next 3 weeks? I believe that most contributors could, if they wished, do so both days. Asking twice is the best way to get people to donate twice and that is why I think promoting November 30th 100% is a good idea. I guess I am just an optimist.

Mark37snj
11-23-2007, 10:58 AM

Literatim is speaking for me!!!!

Ron Paul Fan
11-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Abuse of power, guys? Really?

It's an email. You can delete it if you want.

He's trying to form a compromise. If you want to blame somebody, blame the campaign for sending out the stupid divisive email in the first place.

LOL! This whole argument is a waste of time. I'm just gonna take care of my business and donate on December 16th. If someone wants to get another fundraiser going on November 30th, more power to you. I'm still gonna focus on December 16th and I think most other people are too. If you don't like November 30th, delete the email about November 30th and don't donate on November 30th. I still think December 16th is gonna be huge. November 30th might take in a few hundred thousand, but the Tea Party is where history is gonna be made.

OptionsTrader
11-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Keep these threads positive.

Please.

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 11:03 AM
LOL! This whole argument is a waste of time. I'm just gonna take care of my business and donate on December 16th. If someone wants to get another fundraiser going on November 30th, more power to you. I'm still gonna focus on December 16th and I think most other people are too. If you don't like November 30th, delete the email about November 30th and don't donate on November 30th. I still think December 16th is gonna be huge. November 30th might take in a few hundred thousand, but the Tea Party is where history is gonna be made.

I for the most part agree, I'm donating both, but with only 7 days let, teaparty is still what gonna be on all my flyers and probably what all new people wil donate too. we all wanted to hit 12mil before the 16th anyways, might as well do it in style is all I say.

McDermit
11-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Bydlak was anti-Nov 5th from the start as well. (Although, while the V references were through the roof, I wasn't fond of the idea either. I only began promoting the date once the V shit was removed. Bydlak, however, NEVER liked the concentrated donation day idea. Huge surprise that he's sabotaging the 16th.)

2007, October 23 - 12:33 — Randolph Carter Re: Irritating Things V

http://www.thisnovember5th.com

I was kind of horrified when I read the "Bear" and "snore" thing, I thought they had gone a step further and turned it into a somnambulent gay porn site or something.

Further Edit: I spoke to Jon Bydlak, the fundraising chair who I'm friends with (we have secret official-grassroots pow-wows) and he's livid with the whole thing. The campaign wants money sooner rather than later, and when people hoard for a specific date it hurts overall fundraising, mainly because it kills momentum.

Really now? So Bydlak thinks we would have brought in that 4.3 mil and then some had Nov 5th never happened? Interesting.

sharedvoice
11-26-2007, 09:26 AM
The most significant pledge-drive now is:

www.rudysreadinglist.com

It is very important that we hit our goal putting us over 12M. This way we can send a message to Rudy in front of MSM for his lacking Foriegn Policy knowlege, while raising some cash to spend in NH and IA.

Remember how much press we got when Rudy challenged Dr. Paul during the debate? Well, this is an effort to re-hash that debate!!

Pledge if you can this Nov 30th. INCOMING!