PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Benjamin Carson's Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast with Obama Present

ZakB
02-24-2013, 03:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA&list=PLEC9E2B05AB718BCE

What's everyone think of this guy? Sounded almost like an old fashioned conservative, and pretty ballsy to say all that with the president right next to him. Overall, pretty cool.

In case you can't watch the video here's some highlights via wikipedia

During the speech, he addressed political correctness: "The PC [Politically Correct] Police are out in force at all times ... We have to get over this sensitivity ... PC is dangerous, because you see, this country, one of the founding principles was freedom of thought and freedom of expression. And it [PC] muffles people. It puts a muzzle on them." On education, he compared our abysmal graduation rates with 200 years ago: "In 1831, Alexis de Tocqueville came to our country... anybody finishing the second grade was completely literate." About healthcare: "Here’s my solution. When a person is born, give him a birth certificate, an electronic medical record and a health savings account [HSA], to which money can be contributed, pre-tax from the time you are born, to the time you die. When you die, you can pass it on to your family members".

he also talked briefly about the debt and simplifying the tax system to a flat tax among other things.

Philhelm
02-24-2013, 03:52 AM
I thought it was a pretty good speech. Obama looked like a bored teenage girl throughout, as he continuously checked his phone.

seapilot
02-24-2013, 11:54 AM
I thought it was a pretty good speech. Obama looked like a bored teenage girl throughout, as he continuously checked his phone.

You mean his handheld teleprompter? Smile now. Ok Laugh and look at audience. Look at the speaker with interest.