PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder why cops who maim, kill and run amok get to keep their jobs?

Anti Federalist
02-24-2013, 12:10 AM
The Garrity Ruling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrity_warning

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=385&invol=493

The upshot of all this legal mumbo jumbo?

Cops have "special" status: not only do they have the right to remain silent but have the right keep their jobs while doing so.

Thus: "Paid Administrative Leave".

A "right" not afforded to us mere mundanes.

aGameOfThrones
02-24-2013, 12:21 AM
This is not a Frum approved thread.

Anti Federalist
02-24-2013, 12:24 AM
This is not a Frum approved thread.

Self Reported, due to Danke's self imposed exile.

DamianTV
02-24-2013, 04:15 AM
So all it takes is one corrupt Judge to make a ruling and everyone else gets to hide behind that comprimised ruling...

Anti Federalist
02-24-2013, 10:55 AM
So all it takes is one corrupt Judge to make a ruling and everyone else gets to hide behind that comprimised ruling...

Yes.

You got a problem with that, Mundane?

VoluntaryAmerican
02-24-2013, 10:58 AM

Usually more than 1 corrupt judge. lol

CCTelander
02-24-2013, 11:41 AM
No, I don't wonder at all. It's part of the purpose for which professional police forces were established.

After all, it takes a few tazings, busted skulls and/or mundanes murdered in cold blood to keep the rabble in line. Can't have those mundanes getting too uppity now, can we?

paulbot24
02-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Some of them don't keep their jobs. The stress they experience after using their service revolver causes massive PTSD and the poor guys wind up just sitting around and popping pills on disability, paid medical care for their entire familes for life, and of course, a lucrative police pension. Aren't you glad this is not happening in our military? Oh wait.... I'm not saying PTSD can't or doesn't happen, but I have seen some things when it comes to cops.