PDA

View Full Version : Blueberries faked in cereals, muffins, bagels and other food products...

Reason
02-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Just wow...

The same is true about so many other products/foods...

http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=7EC06D27B1A945BE85E7DA8483025962

oyarde
02-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Definately I have eaten fake blueberries in muffins, you can tell.Kind of like pc.'s of sand .

sailingaway
02-23-2013, 10:19 PM
the ones in cereal are obvious. Disgusting, even.

oyarde
02-23-2013, 10:20 PM
You should buy blueberries from me :) , they are real, will ship to the lower 48 , you pay shipping :)

oyarde
02-23-2013, 10:21 PM
the ones in cereal are obvious. Disgusting, even.

They hide them better in the muffin mix , muffins.

MRK
02-23-2013, 10:25 PM
The processed food industry is one big freaking waste of resources and intentional deception. This should be obvious to everyone, but it's not.

It's the alchemy of our time. Somehow people have this idea that buying 'base' foods is more expensive than buying processed whateverthehell in a box. This is fundamentally impossible.

But logically sometimes people come to this conclusion by adding up calories, using the false premise that more calories = more food. I thought this way for a while myself. Then I looked at the ingredients... the calories in the majority of processed foods are made up of manufactured/synthesized vegetable oils or manufactured/synthesized high fructose corn syrup or manufactured/synthesized corn syrup. So by undergoing a chemical process to make the saccharide/whatever chains in some of these chemicals larger, the 'food' ends up registering as having more calories when they're put to the calorie burner tests.

I don't buy (extensively) processed foods. Probably the most processed food I buy is ground coffee beans.

Incidentally today I actually bought some blueberries myself. The thing about blueberries is that they rot very quickly. I'm not sure how someone could add blueberries into their processed shelf foods without pumping them full of copious amounts of salt - something that probably doesn't taste good with blueberries. So I see why companies would do this, in addition to obviously that blueberries cost more.

This Mike Adams guy is rather dishonest himself. Once I posted something sarcastically in his comment section (and pointed it out as such), then the next day he made an article paraphrasing what I sarcastically said in the comment section and attributed his paraphrase of what I said as being a comment made by the business interests in that industry. Essentially, I made a joke, and he cited it as a fact as what was being said by that industry. Pretty scheisty, but sometimes it's hard to avoid seeming that way when you're an alarmist journalist by trade, I suppose.

oyarde
02-23-2013, 10:29 PM
The processed food industry is one big freaking waste of resources and intentional deception. This should be obvious to everyone, but it's not.

It's the alchemy of our time. Somehow people have this idea that buying 'base' foods is more expensive than buying processed whateverthehell in a box. This is fundamentally impossible.

But logically sometimes people come to this conclusion by adding up calories, using the false premise that more calories = more food. I thought this way for a while myself. Then I looked at the ingredients... the calories in the majority of processed foods are made up of manufactured/synthesized vegetable oils or manufactured/synthesized high fructose corn syrup or manufactured/synthesized corn syrup. So by undergoing a chemical process to make the saccharide/whatever chains in some of these chemicals larger, the 'food' ends up registering as having more calories when they're put to the calorie burner tests.

I don't buy (extensively) processed foods. Probably the most processed food I buy is ground coffee beans.

Incidentally today I actually bought some blueberries myself. The thing about blueberries is that they rot very quickly. I'm not sure how someone could add blueberries into their processed shelf foods without pumping them full of copious amounts of salt - something that probably doesn't taste good with blueberries. So I see why companies would do this, in addition to obviously that blueberries cost more.

This Mike Adams guy is rather dishonest himself. Once I posted something sarcastically in his comment section (and pointed it out as such), then the next day he made an article paraphrasing what I sarcastically said in the comment section and attributed his paraphrase of what I said as being a comment made by the business interests in that industry. Essentially, I made a joke, and he cited it as a fact as what was being said by that industry. Pretty scheisty, but sometimes it's hard to avoid doing that when you're a journalist by trade, I suppose.

Alchemy of our time.Well said.Wasted talent, most likely.

sailingaway
02-23-2013, 10:31 PM

This Mike Adams guy is rather dishonest himself. Once I posted something sarcastically in his comment section (and pointed it out as such), then the next day he made an article paraphrasing what I sarcastically said in the comment section and attributed his paraphrase of what I said as being a comment made by the business interests in that industry. Essentially, I made a joke, and he cited it as a fact as what was being said by that industry. Pretty scheisty, but sometimes it's hard to avoid seeming that way when you're an alarmist journalist by trade, I suppose.

When I make blueberry muffins from a mix I use the kind with the canned 'Oregon Blueberries' in them, so I'm hoping and thinking those don't have the fake ones. I remember trying a couple of kids cereals with so called 'berries' in them and they weren't remotely berries. I am not even sure they qualified as 'food'.

oyarde
02-23-2013, 10:32 PM
I could become the king of real blueberries though, so I should quiet down :)

oyarde
02-23-2013, 10:33 PM
When I make blueberry muffins from a mix I use the kind with the canned 'Oregon Blueberries' in them, so I'm hoping and thinking those don't have the fake ones. I remember trying a couple of kids cereals with so called 'berries' in them and they weren't remotely berries. I am not even sure they qualified as 'food'.

Those are real , just not as good as mine.

sailingaway
02-23-2013, 10:33 PM
I could become the king of real blueberries though, so I should quiet down :)

I'm afraid shipping them to California would lose something in transit...

Those are real , just not as good as mine.

LOL!

I'm certain they aren't.

oyarde
02-23-2013, 10:35 PM

Under current guidelines , best I can figure, strawberry red licorice qualifies as " food", or would for a school system...

Carson
02-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Same with cranberry's.

http://socialtimes.com/fake-dried-cranberries-and-other-social-media-fails_b19522

QuickZ06
02-23-2013, 10:40 PM
I don't think much of what many people at anymore is real unless you really go out of you way to eat clean.

oyarde
02-23-2013, 10:42 PM
Red licorice ( Hershey) , 6 sticks 150 calories , 5 calories from fat , 0 saturated fat , 2% daily iron , Corn syrup , enriched wheat flour , sugar,cornstarch , less than 2 % palm oil , salt, maybe a little mineral oil , soy, glycerin( that is what you use to hold soap together ) :), I like it though ...

oyarde
02-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Same with cranberry's.

http://socialtimes.com/fake-dried-cranberries-and-other-social-media-fails_b19522

You can buy real , dried cranberries reasonable at a Dollar General or an Aldi and use them to make whatever you wish , I just eat them , natures candy .

oyarde
02-23-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm afraid shipping them to California would lose something in transit...

LOL!

I'm certain they aren't.

Actually they would probably ship there fairly well, but it would be expensive.The shipping would be more than my berries probably ..

sailingaway
02-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Actually they would probably ship there fairly well, but it would be expensive.The shipping would be more than my berries probably ..

Probably. And we actually have decent berries here. One thing California still has is produce...

I agree with you on red licorice, although I prefer red vines. I wouldn't put them in cereal or muffins and call them berries, though....

oyarde
02-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Probably. And we actually have decent berries here. One thing California still has is produce...

I agree with you on red licorice, although I prefer red vines. I wouldn't put them in cereal or muffins and call them berries, though.... They may as well :) , lol

oyarde
02-23-2013, 10:54 PM
I do on occasion put some of my berries in the dehydrator , but that can get pricey too, shipping is much cheaper but I have to factor in electricity , electricty fees, taxes....

oyarde
02-23-2013, 10:55 PM

I agree with you on red licorice, although I prefer red vines. I wouldn't put them in cereal or muffins and call them berries, though.... When I was 15 , I would have bought some Cap'n Crunch with red licorice , lol

oyarde
02-23-2013, 11:02 PM
My dried blueberries do make the best muffins though...

Brian4Liberty
02-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Fraud: it's what's for breakfast. :o

brushfire
02-23-2013, 11:23 PM
OooMan... Just wait until the FDA finds this out.

/snicker...

oyarde
02-23-2013, 11:25 PM
OooMan... Just wait until the FDA finds this out.

/snicker...

The real Cranberries I buy come out of a warehouse in your home state, I have always wondered when they will move it due to taxes....

Natural Citizen
02-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Blueberry bushes are really easy to grow. They make great privacy shrubs too.

QWDC
02-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Blueberries grow wild all over the place around here, too bad the government usually mows down the bushes because they are close to the road.

oyarde
02-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Soil is what is impotant, PH, acidic.

alucard13mmfmj
02-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Its legal since since there is real blue berries.. just in very very very very small amounts. *sigh*

oyarde
02-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Its legal since since there is real blue berries.. just in very very very very small amounts. *sigh*

Those muffins will say " natural and artificial flavoring" or some such bull....

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-24-2013, 07:53 AM
something tells me if i sold baskets of strawberries and they were really synthetic mush flavored like strawberries I'd be spending 10 years in jail

libertyjam
02-24-2013, 08:52 AM
Red licorice ( Hershey) , 6 sticks 150 calories , 5 calories from fat , 0 saturated fat , 2% daily iron , Corn syrup , enriched wheat flour , sugar,cornstarch , less than 2 % palm oil , salt, maybe a little mineral oil , soy, glycerin( that is what you use to hold soap together ) :), I like it though ...

If you are going to eat licorice you should eat old-fashioned, black licorice. Candy, but real licorice.

presence
02-24-2013, 09:55 AM
I harvest about 5 gallons of wild elderberry, 3 gallons of wild blackberry, a gallon or so of red rasberry each year... that's about all the berries I get into. Maybe a quart of wild strawberry and a half gallon of huckleberry.

You know all that red sumac you see everywhere... excellent lemonade replacement. Harvest late fall, make tea concentrate, turn to syrup w/ sugar (I use organic evaporated cane juice); dilute and drink all year.

I don't know the last time I've even considered eating something that might have had an artificial blueberry in it; that stuff is usually ruled out early on.

otherone
02-24-2013, 10:01 AM
You can buy real , dried cranberries reasonable at a Dollar General or an Aldi and use them to make whatever you wish , I just eat them , natures candy .

um...NO.
Bourbon is nature's candy. :)

presence
02-24-2013, 10:07 AM

keywords:

conventional bog cranberries pesticide herbicide fungicide

cranberry organic vs conventional

what is real?

[]

^^ get a grinder!

http://www.everythingkitchens.com/images/products/detail/kitchenaid-coffee-grinder-onyx-black-2-bcg111ob-detail.gif

keh10
02-24-2013, 01:20 PM
It shouldn't be any surprise that this kind of thing happens so regularly. Consumers are stupid and lazy. Their criteria for shopping are: does it taste good and how much does it cost. Thanks to our gracious overlords, corn, wheat and soybean products are at the top of the average consumers diet (and we wonder why diabetes is so prevalent today).

I've found that even with "healthy organic" dried berries, they still add a boatload of sugar to "preserve" them or whatever. If you want dried berries without sugar, you need to dry them yourself.

donnay
02-24-2013, 01:31 PM
We really live in the Matrix when fruit flavorings are nothing more than chemical additives to make you think you are eating the real deal.

paulbot24
02-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Google the word blueberries, press the space bar, and look at the first suggestion. Select and browse through this fine first selection for amusement.

pcosmar
02-24-2013, 02:18 PM
The only thing that surprises me is that this is presented as "News".

oyarde
02-24-2013, 03:01 PM
um...NO.
Bourbon is nature's candy. :) I eat them with my bourbon after work.