PDA

View Full Version : Family fights back when 3 gunmen storm their home

green73
02-23-2013, 11:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nTkHM2860g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nTkHM2860g

HOUSTON –A 21-year-old man sprang into action to protect his family Thursday night when three suspects barged into their northwest Harris County home.

The young man was home with his mother and father in the 3900 block of Brook Garden when the armed men forced their way into the house around 8 p.m., according to Harris County Sheriff’s deputies.

The family was in the middle of baking a cake, when there was a knock at the door.

“I see a young boy and I think it is a friend of my son so I open it a little bit,” the father explained. “These guys push and out comes two more, they push me on the ground.”

After the father was down, the suspects went after the mother. That is when the son ran and got his dad’s gun. He opened fire and hit one of the suspects, who died in the back bedroom. The other two suspects fled the scene.

“I just hear a couple of times; boom, boom, boom. One young life is lost,” the dad said.

Deputies responding to the call spotted a vehicle carrying two men who matched the suspects’ descriptions and pulled it over. The men were taken into custody for questioning.

Deputies said they do not know why the suspects targeted this home.

“At this point, we don’t know what the motive is behind this home invasion, but they did force entry into the residence,” said Sgt. Greg Pinkins, Harris County Sheriff’s Office.

Neighbors said the son was just doing what he had to do.

“People can’t go breaking into people’s homes and not expect some sort of consequence," said Harry Moulder.

No charges were expected to be filed against the homeowner’s son.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/21-year-old-protects-family-kills-suspect-during-home-invasion-in-NW-Harris-County-192475271.html

leverguy
02-23-2013, 11:44 AM
<sarcasm> Yet another tragic victim of gun violence. Maybe the the guys that fled the scene can send their story to barackobama.com and wear a green ribbon on their prison jumpsuits. We have to stop this senseless killing! For teh childrenz!!11!!1! </sarcasm>

belian78
02-23-2013, 11:51 AM
<sarcasm> Yet another tragic victim of gun violence. Maybe the the guys that fled the scene can send their story to barackobama.com and wear a green ribbon on their prison jumpsuits. We have to stop this senseless killing! For teh childrenz!!11!!1! </sarcasm>

You may joke, but I can almost garauntee there are friends/family of the intruders that will play up the victim card. "He was just misguided" "He didn't mean them people any harm, he didn't need to be killed".

aGameOfThrones
02-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Gun map would have saved a life.

QuickZ06
02-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Sicking, the man and his friends could have been lost for all we know and just came in to warm up and have some hot cocoa.

Yes that is sarcasm.

leverguy
02-23-2013, 12:24 PM
You may joke, but I can almost garauntee there are friends/family of the intruders that will play up the victim card. "He was just misguided" "He didn't mean them people any harm, he didn't need to be killed".

I know exactly what you're saying - its frequently amusing to hear the stories about how he was a good kid and loved his mama and all. I find myself thinking in these cases that while he may have been a good kid and all that, the minute he entered the property of another person with the intent of doing violence or in support of that intent, he ceased being that good kid and became just another thug.

Philhelm
02-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Hopefully the survivors don't come back for revenge.

TokenLibertarianGuy
02-23-2013, 01:40 PM

They're going away for a looooong time. Someone was killed during the commission of a felony, meaning they are responsible for the death.

paulbot24
02-23-2013, 03:21 PM
"Neighbors said the son was just doing what he had to do."

The neighbors said it was justified. Why not just ask the neighbors what they saw or heard? Who cares whether Bob the neighbor thought it was justified? Neither the son or the father were charged with any crime, so it sounds like the police concluded it was justified. Why not ask an officer at the scene? They don't want the "justification" of the use of deadly force, even in self defense to come from a police officer, ever. Yet, since nobody was arrested or even taken in for questioning after a murder, the media must explain why. So they go and find a neighbor or family member to say it so now it is just opinion. The police never actually justified the son's heroic action in defending his family, and the media can keep the focus on the tragic loss of a life and the competency of the true heroes, the police, as they explain how it all happened.

AGRP
02-23-2013, 03:44 PM
"Neighbors said the son was just doing what he had to do."

The neighbors said it was justified. Why not just ask the neighbors what they saw or heard? Who cares whether Bob the neighbor thought it was justified? Neither the son or the father were charged with any crime, so it sounds like the police concluded it was justified. Why not ask an officer at the scene? They don't want the "justification" of the use of deadly force, even in self defense to come from a police officer, ever. Yet, since nobody was arrested or even taken in for questioning after a murder, the media must explain why. So they go and find a neighbor or family member to say it so now it is just opinion. The police never actually justified the son's heroic action in defending his family, and the media can keep the focus on the tragic loss of a life and the competency of the true heroes, the police, as they explain how it all happened.

Surely, the bought media will request for the police to hold a press conference giving details and commending the sons heroics which potentially saved their lives and prevented the police from being called and possibly harmed too. This mythical press conference would in no way threaten the public perception that the public would be better off taking care of themselves which threatens the police union.

kcchiefs6465
02-23-2013, 04:43 PM

They're going away for a looooong time. Someone was killed during the commission of a felony, meaning they are responsible for the death.
I wouldn't be surprised with plea deals etc. Depends on how strong the case is.

Hopefully the friends of the deceased do not come back for revenge. [Different ones than were locked up]

satchelmcqueen
02-23-2013, 05:57 PM
good for this family that they had guns and knew how to use them.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-23-2013, 06:21 PM
I am not surprised this story is buried

seraphson
02-23-2013, 06:56 PM

That's when you call them out and play the nepotism card.

alucard13mmfmj
02-23-2013, 08:23 PM
The family is from Eastern Europe? Eastern Euro is not the safest place in the world. I am not surprised they'd have a gun and have used a gun before.

Good for them.

MelissaWV
02-23-2013, 08:29 PM
How nice of the police to chop that irregular shape into the carpet. I'm sure they will help replace it.

In case anyone else only read the text in the OP and found it vague, the son is 21. When I first glanced at it, I thought it was a 21-year-old man whose son pulled the trigger :eek: and was trying to figure out just how young this kid must have been.

TywinLannister
02-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Too bad he didn't kill all three. Still, this is pretty good. 1 removed from the gene pool and probably quite a few future crimes prevented. Felony murder rule will send the accomplices to Con College on full scholarship.

Pericles
02-23-2013, 09:49 PM

In all of the "gun violence" stats, why do I never see a breakdown of haw many deaths were (A) thugs getting the short cut to justice (B) police offing citizens (C) murder.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Henry Rogue
02-23-2013, 10:49 PM
From story
The family was in the middle of baking a cake, when there was a knock at the door. This how you tell that it's robbers and not, no knock cops.