PDA

View Full Version : My open letter to Glenn Beck.

whippoorwill
02-23-2013, 02:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVuoaDwIlAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVuoaDwIlAY

Bastiat's The Law
02-23-2013, 03:07 AM
That's not the definition of a sycophant.

whippoorwill
02-23-2013, 03:29 AM
That's not the definition of a sycophant.

Sycophant: a person who uses flattery to win favour from individuals wielding influence; toady

Dose he not use flattery in reguards to the Contitution and Bill of Rights..the Founding Fathers. Is he not tring to win favour with a rather large group of people that hold the Constitution and Bill of Rights in good esteem?

Bastiat's The Law
02-23-2013, 03:42 AM
Sycophant: a person who uses flattery to win favour from individuals wielding influence; toady

Dose he not use flattery in reguards to the Contitution and Bill of Rights..the Founding Fathers. Is he not tring to win favour with a rather large group of people that hold the Constitution and Bill of Rights in good esteem?
We honestly don't wield much influence. We have potential though. You might be right about Beck being a evil mastermind trying to play us; or he's like the other 300 million people out there trying to figure stuff out after a lifetime of programing from government schools and the media. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for being one of the confused people. A sycophant is like Virgil to your Million-Dollar-Man.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/million-dollar-man.jpg

Bastiat's The Law
02-23-2013, 03:47 AM
By the way, Beck not getting it has less to do with Murray Rothbard books, than it does with Beck not understanding that hell hath no fury like a libertarian scorned. It all stems from him and David Horowitz saying the liberty movement was in bed with the islamo-facists and implying we were domestic terrorists. A lot of people never forgot that.

whippoorwill
02-23-2013, 04:14 AM
By the way, Beck not getting it has less to do with Murray Rothbard books, than it does with Beck not understanding that hell hath no fury like a libertarian scorned. It all stems from him and David Horowitz saying the liberty movement was in bed with the islamo-facists and implying we were domestic terrorists. A lot of people never forgot that.

A good set of books is better than a sharp poke in the eye. The islamo-facists and domestic terrorists beef has merit..just as much as a white person growing up calling black people ******s has merit. If that person has turned a new leaf help it grow or at least don't block its light and spray it with raid untill you confirm its previous tendency.

NorfolkPCSolutions
02-24-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm an expert at poking eyes. :)

I won't block the light, so to speak, but I damn sure won't allow Beck to color my views in any manner or form. Your use of the word sycophant was appropriate, and its use was correct. I tend to use the word "fuckwit" in place of sycophant, but

whippoorwill
02-25-2013, 07:43 AM
I tend to use the word "fuckwit" in place of sycophant, but
Ha! I try not to turn people off....when I think about it. Its been know to be an after thought tho :-)

cajuncocoa
02-25-2013, 09:15 AM
awesome response.... +rep