PDA

View Full Version : Will Montana be the First State to Allow Sheriffs to Arrest Federal Agents?

osan
02-22-2013, 06:07 PM
http://offgridsurvival.com/montanasheriffs-arrestfederalagents/

TheTexan
02-22-2013, 06:39 PM
I hope they do. This, and other assertions of states rights, is what needs to happen.

Tiny little problem though. The Supremacy Clause. I find the Supremacy Clause issue interesting because it is very circular in nature.

The Supremacy Clause doesn't say anything about the Supreme Court decisions being the supreme law of the land. However, the Supreme Court has decided that the Supreme Court's decisions are indeed the supreme law of the land.

On the other hand, I believe that the Constitution, and constitutional laws are the supreme law of the land (which is as it is written in the supremacy clause). But, if I were to bring this argument to the supreme court, their counter argument would be "no it isnt, because we say it isnt."

Legally speaking, both sides have merit, and both sides are legally right. Which is why the debate simply comes down to "ya we do" "no you dont" "ya we do" "no you dont"

Ultimately, there is only one inevitable response, and it's "well, fuck you"

The bottom line is there's only three ways this can end. Secession, civil war, or both.

dannno
02-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Hopefully not the last.

AFPVet
02-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Any strict interpreter of the Constitution will tell you that the Supremacy Clause was never designed for an out of control government to ensure compliance from the states; rather, it was pertaining to the Constitution and the laws that are made to carry out the foregoing powers enumerated under Article I, Section 8.

bolil
02-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Better late than never.

osan
02-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Any strict interpreter of the Constitution will tell you that the Supremacy Clause was never designed for an out of control government to ensure compliance from the states; rather, it was pertaining to the Constitution and the laws that are made to carry out the foregoing powers enumerated under Article I, Section 8.

Exactly so. SCOTUS needs to be reeled in.

thoughtomator
02-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Any interpretation under which the Supreme Court can arrogate any power it wishes unto itself by its own say-so represents a de facto dictatorship. I refuse to honor any such interpretation.