PDA

View Full Version : Rosie the Newfie....update

JK/SEA
02-22-2013, 11:49 AM
For anyone that remembers this beautiful animal, we have an update.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020398702_rosiesettlementxml.html

kathy88
02-22-2013, 12:08 PM
That breaks my heart. I want a newfie so badly.

Anti Federalist
02-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Des Moines police investigated the shooting and concluded the officers’ actions were justified, Ragonesi said in November, when the lawsuit was filed.

Well, apparently a jury thought otherwise, assholes.

Until an individual cop's financial well being is put on the line, and not just taxpayers footing the millions and millions of dollars paid out every year to victims of police abuse, nothing will change.

JK/SEA
02-22-2013, 12:55 PM

Until an individual cop's financial well being is put on the line, and not just taxpayers footing the millions and millions of dollars paid out every year to victims of police abuse, nothing will change.

I hear ya on the payout options taxpayers vs individual responsibility, but ultimately its the taxpayers who are negligent in not holding these assholes at fault, so until the taxpayers get a clue and do some demanding on rightful accountability, i support the taxpayers..(us)...getting reamed out.

SeanTX
02-22-2013, 05:11 PM
If I remember right this all started when some concerned citizen saw the dog wandering in traffic and called 911, thinking that somebody would "help" the dog. That's how so many of these stories start out.

People need to wake up and realize that cops don't exist to "help" anyone, other than their corporate/.gov masters. They're just armed tax collectors in a clown suit, with immunity and a license to kill. Just imagine your average McDonald's employee in a different uniform along with that "peace officer" license to kill, and that's about what you have.

If you see someone or something that needs help, help them yourself if you can. Never call the police.

AGRP
02-22-2013, 05:18 PM

Tough luck.

City/State = Corporation