PDA

View Full Version : "shall not be infringed"

itshappening
02-22-2013, 08:50 AM
http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/532x167xva-guns.jpg.pagespeed.ic.H-Ue_UzuG5.jpg

Veterans are being told they can't own guns.

How is this constitutional? What part of "shall not be infringed" is difficult to understand? Why aren't the NRA challenging this?

heavenlyboy34
02-22-2013, 08:56 AM
We don't do freedom 'round here no more, son.

pcosmar
02-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Veteran Disarmament has been a goal for a long time.

How is "Prohibited Person" in any way Constitutional?

or any Gun law, registration or restriction at all?

They just keep adding more people to the list,,

shane77m
02-22-2013, 09:11 AM
To go into conspiracy theory mode...

I wonder if this is tied to Chris Kyle? The shooter had PTSD.

AFPVet
02-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Veteran Disarmament has been a goal for a long time.

How is "Prohibited Person" in any way Constitutional?

or any Gun law, registration or restriction at all?

They just keep adding more people to the list.

Yep... the firearm laws are for the peasants... only the elites enjoy the full benefit of the Second Amendment :mad:

Acala
02-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Putting aside the second amendment and the lack of specific authority in Article two, section eight, the interesting question is one of due process. The right to own a firearm is clearly established as a protected liberty. The Constitution prohibits taking liberty without due process. That generally means a trial by jury.

tod evans
02-22-2013, 10:15 AM
The thousands of Nam vets who've been busted for weed over the years have had their gun rights stripped too..

Many will say it's okay because they committed a "crime"...

I disagree.

fr33
02-22-2013, 10:17 AM
I've heard something about this in the OP because it's floating around. Where did you get it from?

Because I heard it's part of a document from when any veteran is deemed to need a guardian because of their mental health. In other words, it's not new.

Pericles
02-22-2013, 10:22 AM
The unknown at this point is whether it is an isolated incident, or happening frequently.

If they send such a letter to me, we have evidence of the latter.

tod evans
02-22-2013, 10:23 AM
The unknown at this point is whether it is an isolated incident, or happening frequently.

If they send such a letter to me, we have evidence of the latter.

Have you used the VA for anything?

Pericles
02-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Yes - but stopped after the do you have bad dreams or feel anger questioning.

have not interacted with them for about one year, other than to get mail from them.

pcosmar
02-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Putting aside the second amendment and the lack of specific authority in Article two, section eight, the interesting question is one of due process. The right to own a firearm is clearly established as a protected liberty. The Constitution prohibits taking liberty without due process. That generally means a trial by jury.

I had a hearing,, I never had a trial. I plead guilty of my crime (without plea bargain) but was never allowed to speak in my own defense.

What is this due process you speak of?

tod evans
02-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Yes - but stopped after the do you have bad dreams or feel anger questioning.

have not interacted with them for about one year, other than to get mail from them.

Que the twilight-zone music.....

I hope "they" leave you alone...:o