PDA

View Full Version : This is what driving totally stoned on marijuana looks like

aGameOfThrones
02-22-2013, 02:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw1HavgoK9E

With multiple states legalizing marijuana, government agencies are scrambling to research the effect of the drug on drivers. CNN recently took a look at operating a motor vehicle under the influence of pot by subjecting three users in Washington state to a little driving test with the help of a local sheriff's department. The results are a little surprising, with even casual smokers able to safely operate a car with up to five times the state's new legal limit in their blood stream. At worst, the smokers were actually more cautious on the course than they were before partaking.

Once the levels increased, however, the story changed dramatically, with two participants showing obvious signs of impairment. Heavy user Addy, meanwhile, continued to perform admirably up until the very last stage of the study. You can check out the full video below for yourself, and remember to keep it off the road, kids.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/20/this-is-what-driving-totally-stoned-on-marijuana-looks-like/

phill4paul
02-22-2013, 03:08 AM
Drug Recognition Expert. D.R.E.

Lololololol.............

bolil
02-22-2013, 03:16 AM
Oh fuck that test. 50-60 thousand miles on real roads with real consequences and I never ONCE hit any one or anything (except the doobie). We were tokin too, none of that one gram nonsense.

Now, lets put tired drivers behind the wheel.

And thats not what driving high looks like, the cars and pedestrians don't turn into cones. Maybe drivin whilst trippin balls would have that effect.

Loved the DRE pig, I wonder how many lives he has touched.

tod evans
02-22-2013, 03:59 AM
Propaganda alert!

thoughtomator
02-22-2013, 06:30 AM
I'm far less concerned about the people driving stoned than I am about the people who can't drive when sober. Put two snowflakes on the road here in Virginia and all three of them would excel your average driver here.

ronpaulfollower999
02-22-2013, 06:40 AM
That's not fair. One of the drivers was a woman.

jkr
02-22-2013, 06:46 AM
is there a SOLE (SENILE old lady expert)?

cause my wife passed one driving the WRONG WAY on the hiway and UP an entrance ramp

bet she was stoned 2...

everybody is different, so lets treat everyone the SAME.

TokenLibertarianGuy
02-22-2013, 06:50 AM
I want to know how much they had at the end! They all passed the test with up to 7x the legal limit (well the stoner girl did, the guys up to 5x).

trey4sports
02-22-2013, 08:03 AM
That's not fair. One of the drivers was a woman.

bwahahahha!

jclay2
02-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Just imagine if they would have done a drunk to stoned comparison.

trey4sports
02-22-2013, 08:05 AM
was really a pretty decent video. Of course most of the smokers drove fine at even up to 5x legal limit, and of course they were aggressive when driving. It is a closed course. If I'm out on the highway and i am impaired my driving would be a lot different than my driving on a closed course.

Disclaimer: I do not use marijuana and would never drive impaired if i did.

pcosmar
02-22-2013, 08:30 AM
everybody is different, so lets treat everyone the SAME.

Yes,, if it is legal lets find a way to make them criminals anyway.

:(

This is why I don't like laws that Regulate and Tax Marijuana. It becomes just another reason to keep fucking with people.

Another CONTROL mechanism.

presence
02-22-2013, 08:37 AM
What is truly critical here... the quantum leap, is that we are actually observing real life scientific studies on the effects in the US.

pcosmar
02-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Disclaimer: I do not use marijuana and would never drive impaired if i did.

I don't often,, or on any regular basis. It is a habit I would like to have.

I have never found it to impair anything,, enhance maybe. But never impair.

Dr.3D
02-22-2013, 09:29 AM
They kept talking about grams of marijuana. I thought gram for gram, some kinds were stronger than others. Shouldn't they be talking about mg of THC instead?

Bruno
02-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Iowa DOT conducted a test in late 80's I think it was. Marijuana users were found to be better drivers.

talkingpointes
02-22-2013, 09:59 AM
I drive baked everyday. 1 ticket in 10 years for an illegal u-turn. Arrested once for possesion. It sucked. $1350 in initial fines and one year of probation (prob fee 200$ a month), imagine that for a non-violent offender -- it's a damn trap to lock you up in my opinion.