PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Politician Wants a Kill Switch For Anonymous Speech Online

DamianTV
02-21-2013, 08:49 PM
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/13/02/21/2121206/illinois-politician-wants-a-kill-switch-for-anonymous-speech-online

"The bill, called the Internet Posting Removal Act, is sponsored by Illinois state Sen. Ira Silverstein. It states that a 'web site administrator upon request shall remove any comments posted on his or her web site by an anonymous poster unless the anonymous poster agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate.' This could be the death of Slashdot: No more ACs."

(for non Slashdotters, AC is an acronym for Anonymous Coward, where many news articles come from)

Anti Federalist
02-21-2013, 08:56 PM
LOL government mandated FarceBook.

They really hate that I can, with a small degree of anonymity, call Illinois state Sen. Ira Silverstein a butt wrangling, shit smoking, turd burglarizing, tyrant and there's not much his sorry ass can do about it.

Fuck you, Senator SilverSteen.

Czolgosz
02-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Ira is a dude? lol

DamianTV
02-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Passive accepatance of Human RFID chipping is what this conditions society to allow.

Legend1104
02-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Why wouldn't they already have the right to remove the comments of whomever they want on the site? Wouldn't they be hired by the website owner and have already been possibly given that right, and if they have not been given that right then why would it matter because the owner could just remove it?

DamianTV
02-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Why wouldn't they already have the right to remove the comments of whomever they want on the site? Wouldn't they be hired by the website owner and have already been possibly given that right, and if they have not been given that right then why would it matter because the owner could just remove it?

The Govt doesnt have the Right to come into your Bar, your Business, or your House and tell you that you are not allowed to listen to the comments of some individual unless that individual chooses to provide the Govt with their Name, Address, and Social Security Number. Thats why. Why else? Because powers gratend to the Federal Govt are RESTRICTED to only the Enumerated Priviledges granted by the concent of the Goverened. We did not grant the Govt to have any Right to just come down on Private Businesses and decree who can say what.

Removal of comments can be made at the discression of the owner of the website, not the Govt.

---

Again (said in another thread), why dont they just cut the fucking horse shit and come out and admit what they really want; to implant an RFID chip in every human being on the planet! (by the way, they're exempt)

oyarde
02-22-2013, 12:28 AM
I would like a l switch for Illinois politicians.

Anti Federalist
02-22-2013, 12:38 AM
I would like a l switch for Illinois politicians.

/thread

tod evans
02-22-2013, 04:29 AM
Thou shalt not speak ill of your betters lest they seek retribution.

TokenLibertarianGuy
02-22-2013, 05:36 AM
The same state that proposed registration of all gold and a ban of virtually ever semi-auto firearm.

libertyvidz
02-22-2013, 05:55 AM
So like, how is the Illinois state legislature going to dictate what happens on websites hosted out of state? Or maybe he just cares about what's posted on local news sites. Someone must be busting his chops on the Chicago Tribune website.

Bern
02-22-2013, 06:22 AM
I'd like to point out that this initiative is not unique to the Illinois State Senator.

2009: Jay Rockefeller proposes cybersecurity "czar"; wants NSA to control the internets (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/31/AR2009033103684_pf.html)

Nov. 2010: COICA (http://www.wired.com/business/2010/11/coica-web-censorship-bill/)

Jan 2011: Obama admin wants internet IDs (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20027837-501465.html)

etc.

I have to wonder if these geniuses know about America's rich heritage with anonymous writings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Federalist_Papers).

leverguy
02-22-2013, 06:31 AM
I have to wonder if these geniuses know about America's rich heritage with anonymous writings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Federalist_Papers).

I think that perhaps they do know about it, and that it is exactly the reason why they seek these laws - in the name of "fatherland security" of course.

otherone
02-22-2013, 07:02 AM
It will go in front of the SCOTUS, who's official decision will be:
"Sure, ok, whatever."

DamianTV
02-22-2013, 10:02 AM
What they want is control over websites the way they have control over the media.

Since the internet has allowed people to become the new media, they feel the urge to control us as they did the old broadcast media.

They want to record absolutely every single thing that you do so they can charge you with getting bad grades when you were ten years old at a time when you may be eighty years old and accused of terrorism (read: jaywalking).

Yet, they want to retain the right to control the media so that people forget about their past misdeeds. It was harder than hell to find broadcast news stories long after theyve aired, and they liked it that way, but the internet has also given us the ability to retain a memory of their misdeeds.

Their true desire is to keep Rights only for themselves.

They desire the right to say what ever they want, while restricting your rights to say anything.

They desire the right to use and own what ever types of weapons they want, while restricting your ability of self defense to only dial 911.

They desire the right to privacy, and do everything in their power to make sure you have none.

They desire the right to cheat, lie, steal, and murder and call it "politics" while making sure you dont have the ability to seek the truth, understand their lies, seek retribution, or even protect your own life.

They want it ALL, and want to leave absolutely nothing for you and I. That goes for both Rights, and Property.