PDA

View Full Version : Stop posting (or replying to) threads about Dr. Paul's running mate

newmedia4ron
11-23-2007, 03:16 AM
He has not won the primary election yet.

Posting your opinion about it will have no effect whatsoever on who's Dr. Paul's running mate will actually be.

Speculation/suggestions on this topic is a waste of time.

Lets talk about important things like I dunno delegates.

You have your right to talk about it but I have the criticize you for bringing it up.

garrettwombat
11-23-2007, 03:17 AM
any delegates out there from georgia? i got questions...

foofighter20x
11-23-2007, 03:19 AM

You are talking to a wooden post. As many times as I've said this, no one has listened.

newmedia4ron
11-23-2007, 03:20 AM
any delegates out there from georgia? i got questions...

Are you trying to become a delegate in Georgia?

Maybe I can do research to find answers for you.

derdy
11-23-2007, 03:21 AM

Posting your opinion about it will have no effect whatsoever on who's Dr. Paul's running mate will actually be.

You have your right to talk about it but I have the criticize you for bringing it up.

Who's Ron Paul's running mate?

newmedia4ron
11-23-2007, 03:21 AM
You are talking to a wooden post. As many times as I've said this, no one has listened.

Why does it seem like there is no sense of urgency?

garrettwombat
11-23-2007, 03:22 AM
Are you trying to become a delegate in Georgia?

Maybe I can do research to find answers for you.

well, i would try, im 19, and i cant really travel much...

i would like to become one though... iv asked a lot of people even the voting officer from my county and no one is much help

Just Come Home
11-23-2007, 03:23 AM
I've got a better idea... Why don't we open up a new forum for discussion on this topic?

This is our campaign. We should be discussing this. It doesn't need to take place in the grass roots section though.

If you agree with me, then report this post to the moderator to alert them. Democracy in action.

Mark
11-23-2007, 03:33 AM
I've got a better idea... Why don't we open up a new forum for discussion on this topic?

This is our campaign. We should be discussing this. It doesn't need to take place in the grass roots section though.

If you agree with me, then report this post to the moderator to alert them. Democracy in action.

You know, that makes sense.

Sub-forums. Maybe a sticky with clear directions to certain areas.
Maybe require everyone, new and old, to read them first before posting.

Or,a t least nuBz

garrettwombat
11-23-2007, 03:33 AM
i agree, we need a whole forum on deligates.. not just a subforum...

everytime there is a speach or a rally the campaign practically begs us to try and become one.

rasheedwallace
11-23-2007, 03:34 AM

SO, who do you guys think ron's running mate will be?

stop being such a...well, you know. people can talk about whatever they want, discussion on delegates (or whatever) and this question are not mutually exclusive. so hop off your soap box pal.

foofighter20x
11-23-2007, 03:37 AM
i agree, we need a whole forum on deligates.. not just a subforum...

everytime there is a speach or a rally the campaign practically begs us to try and become one.

wow... you must not have gone to that "subforum" as you describe it, seeing as how the link on the top of the grassroots page is a shortcut the delegate forums by state.

Man from La Mancha
11-23-2007, 03:38 AM
well, i would try, im 19, and i cant really travel much...

i would like to become one though... iv asked a lot of people even the voting officer from my county and no one is much helpMaybe you can find info here.....http://www3.webng.com/ronpaul/delegatestates.html
...delegates are picked by the republican party so you have to look there.

garrettwombat
11-23-2007, 03:46 AM
wow... you must not have gone to that "subforum" as you describe it, seeing as how the link on the top of the grassroots page is a shortcut the delegate forums by state.

sweeeet...

foofighter20x
11-23-2007, 03:50 AM
sweeeet...

We try not to disappoint. :)

newmedia4ron
11-23-2007, 04:17 AM
yes people can talk about whatever they want
like me criticizing you for distracting people who would otherwise be talking about stuff that actually determines the outcome of the election.

I want this thread to be replied to as much I want the running mate thread replied to, If you see a thread that is a waste of time you should ignore it and let it fade away. By replying you bump it up.

stupid threads for Grassroots Central:
running mate (belong in the General Politics & Other forum)
hit pieces (belong in the Bad Media Reporting on Ron Paul forum)
Youtube videos (belong in the Member Works Spotlight forum or News About The Official Campaign)
Your link to jokes (belong in the General Politics & Other forum)

All I 'm really asking is forum etiquette (http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou).

Man from La Mancha
11-23-2007, 04:33 AM
http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/redstate_commentary/WindowsLiveWriter/RonPaulAdministration_F03B/Paul-Palin.jpg Palin, Gov. Alaska

noztnac
11-23-2007, 04:43 AM
A lot of people, actually more each day, are arriving and discovering what Ron Paul is all about. If it looks like all we are talking about is one thing it makes the campaign seem very unappealing.

Talking about things like potential running mates generates excitement and gets people talking.

If you dislike reading about such things read the subject line and refrain from reading.

But giving people shit for showing an interest in aspects of the campaign other than what you are fixated on hurts the campaign.

We should encourage people to talk about Ron Paul and to share ideas about what will and will not work.

newmedia4ron
11-23-2007, 04:47 AM
no at this rate will be talking about poll working in 2030.

foofighter20x
11-23-2007, 04:55 AM
http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/redstate_commentary/WindowsLiveWriter/RonPaulAdministration_F03B/Paul-Palin.jpg Palin, Gov. Alaska

Sorry... No. Just no.

She's not even been governor a year. She lacks experience.

rasheedwallace
11-23-2007, 10:45 AM

dunno much about her, shes cute but ummmmm...whatsup with this i found?

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/shenews/07/palin-idcard.jpg

rasheedwallace
11-23-2007, 10:47 AM
EDIT: oops double post...

Hope
11-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Sorry... No. Just no.

She's not even been governor a year. She lacks experience.

WTF? No one ever cites "experience" as a concern when a male VP is suggested. And being governor of Alaska > shaking hands and smiling for the camera as VP. Gerald Ford and Nelson Rockefeller were never even elected to office before they became VPs.

You can read about all the stuff she's accomplished here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

Hope
11-23-2007, 11:33 AM
dunno much about her, shes cute but ummmmm...whatsup with this i found?

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/shenews/07/palin-idcard.jpg

?

I don't think she supports a National ID, but Google isn't coming up with much. Although, even if she did -- disagreement with RP on one single issue isn't enough to disqualify her for the nomination, IMHO.

foofighter20x
11-23-2007, 11:36 AM
WTF? No one ever cites "experience" as a concern when a male VP is suggested. And being governor of Alaska > shaking hands and smiling for the camera as VP. Gerald Ford and Nelson Rockefeller were never even elected to office before they became VPs.

You can read about all the stuff she's accomplished here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

Blahblahblah...

Seeing as how the incumbent Veep would be the natural choice for a post-Paul Pres bid, experience is everything.

She can't hold a candle to the grassfire that is Mark Sanford.

Palin's experience: the size of a pebble.
Sanford's experience: Mt F-ing-Everest

Hope
11-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Blahblahblah...

She can't hold a candle to the grassfire that is Mark Sanford.

Palin's experience: the size of a pebble.
Sanford's experience: Mt F-ing-Everest

I've been asking since my first few posts here on this board what's so great about Mark Sanford. No one has given me an answer. I live just across the border from his state, and the things I've always heard him championing were a mixed bag. The fact that he's been cozying up lately to Jeb Bush and all the other neo-con candidates are vying for him as VP should be a huge red flag for us, doncha think?

foofighter20x
11-23-2007, 11:44 AM
I've been asking since my first few posts here on this board what's so great about Mark Sanford. No one has given me an answer. I live just across the border from his state, and the things I've always heard him championing were a mixed bag. The fact that he's been cozying up lately to Jeb Bush and all the other neo-con candidates are vying for him as VP should be a huge red flag for us, doncha think?

Guess you have failed to compare side-by-side Dr Paul's and Sanford's voting records in the House.

Jeff Flake of Arizona has said on tape (it was on PBS, about pork barrel spending) that the days he votes alone on the House floor, is only because those are days that Dr Paul isn't there. Flake has only been in Congress since 2001.

The same claim Flake made could just as easily be made by Sanford.

Also, Jeb Bush and the neo-cons are cozying up to Sanford because they want his early primary state endorsement like a high school senior wants a hot freshman girl's virginity. Once the neo-cons have it, the two will part their ways, and not on friendly terms.

On the other hand, they could be trying to set up Sanford for his own Pres bid in a few years. I dunno...

DjLoTi
11-23-2007, 11:55 AM
ohhhh... I can agree with this rant post!!!

Hope
11-23-2007, 04:24 PM
On the other hand, they could be trying to set up Sanford for his own Pres bid in a few years. I dunno...

I have looked at his record and he doesn't hold a candle to RP. But this is the one sentence in your post I agree with.

noztnac
11-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Mark Sanford in not well liked by Republicans, Democrats, or Libertarians in South Carolina.

Right now I'm in Jeju Do, South Korea but every time I go home on vacation to South Carolina all of my family members, Republicans, Democrats, and Libertarians are complaining about what a rotter governor he is.

If he is the VP I'll support him but I don't think it will help Ron Paul in South Carolina at all. It may even hurt him.

Bradley in DC
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Maybe you can find info here.....
...delegates are picked by the republican party so you have to look there.

That site had ERRONEOUS information. :mad:

Jeff Greenspan has told me personally he did NOT recommend it.

Organizers for Dr. Paul around the country do everything they can to stop that virus.

You can see my debate with him here:
[url]http://www.ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=183 ("http://www3.webng[/URL)

Taco John
12-02-2007, 07:43 PM
We should have a forum dedicated to the discussion of a running mate. It's a legitimate topic. We shouldn't be squashing converstaion here. It should be encouraged.