PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell Got into the NRA???? This isn't your Dad's NRA

AuH20
02-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Pleasantly surprised with their ad campaign of late. This is the type of ad that the GOA would run.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/20/new-nra-ad-attacks-obama-clinton-for-comments-about-gun-owners-they-dont-rule-us-they-dont-give-us-rights/

UWDude
02-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Alex Jones looked insane to make the NRA look sane. He is smarter than you think.

kcchiefs6465
02-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Alex Jones looked insane to make the NRA look sane. He is smarter than you think.
After watching a few more Piers Morgan interviews I'd have to say I recant my earlier sentiments of being upset with how he handled the interview. Seems I was mistaken to think that there was a civil way to debate that douche.

As to the OP, the commercial was pretty good.

jmdrake
02-21-2013, 06:43 PM

LOL. You may be on to something.

tasteless
02-21-2013, 06:46 PM
We'll see if this isn't just lip service.

deadfish
02-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Wow, great ad.

Pericles
02-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Wow, great ad.

It is, and I don't even like the NRA.

Reason
02-21-2013, 07:44 PM
wow...

Anti Federalist
02-21-2013, 08:01 PM
They, NRA, will crimp and fold...if past occasions are any indicator.

NRA full page nationwide ad denouncing FedCoats and their abuses.

Sends out fundraising letter calling FedCoats "jack booted thugs".

AF cheers and renews membership after a three year absence.

http://i.imgur.com/anQNem3.jpg

EX CIA head George Herbert Walker Bush whines and publicly renounces his NRA membership.

AF cheers again and re-ups for another year.

Letter of Resignation Sent By Bush to Rifle Association

Published: May 11, 1995

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/05/11/us/letter-of-resignation-sent-by-bush-to-rifle-association.html

Following is the letter of resignation sent last week by former President George Bush to the National Rifle Association: May 3, 1995

Dear Mr. Washington,

I was outraged when, even in the wake of the Oklahoma City tragedy, Mr. Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of N.R.A., defended his attack on federal agents as "jack-booted thugs." To attack Secret Service agents or A.T.F. people or any government law enforcement people as "wearing Nazi bucket helmets and black storm trooper uniforms" wanting to "attack law abiding citizens" is a vicious slander on good people.

Al Whicher, who served on my [ United States Secret Service ] detail when I was Vice President and President, was killed in Oklahoma City. He was no Nazi. He was a kind man, a loving parent, a man dedicated to serving his country -- and serve it well he did.

In 1993, I attended the wake for A.T.F. agent Steve Willis, another dedicated officer who did his duty. I can assure you that this honorable man, killed by weird cultists, was no Nazi.

John Magaw, who used to head the U.S.S.S. and now heads A.T.F., is one of the most principled, decent men I have ever known. He would be the last to condone the kind of illegal behavior your ugly letter charges. The same is true for the F.B.I.'s able Director Louis Freeh. I appointed Mr. Freeh to the Federal Bench. His integrity and honor are beyond question.

Both John Magaw and Judge Freeh were in office when I was President. They both now serve in the current administration. They both have badges. Neither of them would ever give the government's "go ahead to harass, intimidate, even murder law abiding citizens." (Your words)

I am a gun owner and an avid hunter. Over the years I have agreed with most of N.R.A.'s objectives, particularly your educational and training efforts, and your fundamental stance in favor of owning guns.

However, your broadside against Federal agents deeply offends my own sense of decency and honor; and it offends my concept of service to country. It indirectly slanders a wide array of government law enforcement officials, who are out there, day and night, laying their lives on the line for all of us.

You have not repudiated Mr. LaPierre's unwarranted attack. Therefore, I resign as a Life Member of N.R.A., said resignation to be effective upon your receipt of this letter. Please remove my name from your membership list. Sincerely, [ signed ] George Bush

Then, NRA and LaPierre crimps and folds and sucks dick and grovels.

AF then resigns in disgust and has never gone back.

Nra Apologizes For `Jack Boot' Letter

By Richard Keil

AP May 18th 1995

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19950518&slug=2121718

WASHINGTON - The National Rifle Association has apologized for a recent fund-raising letter that described some federal agents as "jack-booted thugs."

"I really feel bad about the fact that the words in that letter have been interpreted to apply to all federal law-enforcement officers," NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre said in a telephone interview from Phoenix.

"If anyone thought the intention was to paint all federal law-enforcement officials with the same broad brush, I'm sorry, and I apologize," LaPierre said yesterday.

The apology drew cautious approval from Attorney General Janet Reno today.

"I trust that the level of communication now will go forward in a thoughtful and respectful way," she said. But later she said, "They like to call names rather than to pursue matters in a thoughtful and constructive way."

LaPierre's apology comes after a week of steadily mounting criticism of the NRA. It began May 10 when former President Bush revealed he had resigned from the group to protest the letter. Earlier this week, President Clinton joined the critics and praised Bush.

Rep. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., a longtime gun-control advocate, today introduced a House resolution urging the NRA to present to its members a statement condemning the use of inflammatory language by the group's leaders and pledging not to use it in the future.

Republican Senate Leader Bob Dole, a longtime NRA member, said he was "pleased" by LaPierre's apology.

"The NRA has done the right thing. They should not have used some of that language in the first place," Dole said on the Senate floor.

LaPierre insisted that the fund-raising letter was intended to criticize only isolated actions, primarily involving the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

But at least one section of the letter offered a more sweeping condemnation of federal law-enforcement efforts.

The letter, sent to the NRA's 3.5 million members in March over LaPierre's signature, referred to federal law-enforcement agents as "jack-booted government thugs" and said that "in Clinton's administration, if you have a badge, you have the government's go-ahead to harass, intimidate, even murder law-abiding citizens."

Anti Federalist
02-21-2013, 08:06 PM
18 years later and the Executive Branch and those brave, tireless, selfless FedCoats have now asserted under law that they can kill us whenever and wherever in the world they want to.

sparebulb
02-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Even after a small stiffening of the spine that we thought might not exist within the leadership of the NRA, it must again be stated that.........

GOA>NRA

RM918
02-21-2013, 08:44 PM
The NRA is unfortunately a bunch of bullshitters, they proved that when their immediate response to Newton was to bang on about video games and try to obfuscate instead of stand their ground.