PDA

View Full Version : Schools Give Teachers 'Panic Buttons' To Wear Around Necks To Put Classrooms In Lockdown

green73
02-21-2013, 04:54 PM
MARIETTA, Ga. (CBS Atlanta) — Marietta Public Schools have added “panic buttons” to its schools in response to the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

WGCL-TV reports that these “panic buttons” will immediately place a call to 911 when pushed by school officials.

“Once that happens, we send everybody we have to that school until we can determine what the exact cause of the threat is,” Marietta Police Officer David Baldwin told WGCL.

cont
http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2013/02/21/public-schools-installing-panic-buttons/

Anti Federalist
02-21-2013, 05:08 PM
“Once that happens, we send everybody we have to that school until we can determine what the exact cause of the threat is,” Marietta Police Officer David Baldwin told WGCL.

What could go wrong?

Jesus...

Lucille
02-21-2013, 05:22 PM
FFS. Their obsession with preventing these extremely rare events are gonna turn this generation of kids into quivering little neurotics who are afraid of their own shadows.

ZENemy
02-21-2013, 05:27 PM
So, if they push it, then what remedy?

Cowlesy
02-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Hilarious. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

tangent4ronpaul
02-21-2013, 05:43 PM
What could go wrong?

Jesus...

In related news, the black market sale of systems that will mimic a panic button to burglars and armed robbers in the area has skyrocketed. Remember, they send EVERYONE!

-t

green73
02-21-2013, 05:46 PM
In related news, the black market sale of systems that will mimic a panic button to burglars and armed robbers in the area has skyrocketed. Remember, they send EVERYONE!

-t

ahhh

coastie
02-21-2013, 06:35 PM

What could go wrong?

Jesus...

About a million and one things...all excused in the end, of course. Officer Safety.

kcchiefs6465
02-21-2013, 06:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pdioKTZ.jpg?1

[Shamelessly posting a 'fallen and I can't get up' joke]

fisharmor
02-21-2013, 06:47 PM
...Since when are schools not on lockdown?
I don't ever remember being free to leave, or even move around freely within the building.
I also remember being made to stay longer whenever I did leave during lockdown.

kcchiefs6465
02-21-2013, 06:52 PM
...Since when are schools not on lockdown?
I don't ever remember being free to leave, or even move around freely within the building.
I also remember being made to stay longer whenever I did leave during lockdown.
I was pretty sneaky. [either that or my teachers didn't give a shit that one of their students was missing]

I've walked out of class and returned more times than I can remember. Barely got in trouble. [maybe once or twice?]

Anti Federalist
02-21-2013, 07:27 PM
FFS. Their obsession with preventing these extremely rare events are gonna turn this generation of kids into quivering little neurotics who are afraid of their own shadows.

Pretty sure that's the goal.

And people say "the schools are failing".

LOL

AGRP
02-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Seems like theyre trying their hardest to usher in a 9/11 type of event? It seems like theyre trying to turn schools into giant hostage centers?

Barrex
02-21-2013, 08:25 PM
I admit I am spineless and have no character and I could not resist.

http://blairpedersen.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/donotpushthebutton.jpg