PDA

View Full Version : Cop tasers handcuffed woman. She's now brain dead.

green73
02-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Don't watch if you are squeamish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MjHSoE7d9Yw
http://youtu.be/MjHSoE7d9Yw

SeanTX
02-20-2013, 12:28 PM
This same trooper has also wrongfully shot two people (one who was reaching for his wallet during a stop).

libertyjam
02-20-2013, 12:36 PM
This video was shown and discussed widely on this forum and around the net over a year ago.

AGRP
02-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Dan Cole

http://opnateye.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Dan-Cole-Thug.png

HOLLYWOOD
02-20-2013, 12:38 PM
'JUST US' system...

sent to drudge, recommend all do

bolil
02-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Dan Cole

http://opnateye.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Dan-Cole-Thug.png

Just look at that maroon. Wanna be brown shirt looking asshole. I'm more afraid of him than the GDs. The GDs might rob me, they might even kill me, but they will never justify it in the name of protecting and serving me.

Empty eyed, uncle father having, punk.

I wonder if the flash on the camera confused him or fascinated him. "Oooooo shiny"
A fascinated fascist.

cjm
02-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Is it me? or does Florida seem to get more than its share of these stories?

Anti Federalist
02-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Now you know what type of cop enlarges pictures of his own kids and then shoots at them, so as increase his response time and conditioning to shoot kids.

GunnyFreedom
02-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Is it me? or does Florida seem to get more than its share of these stories?

http://gifs.gifbin.com/florida.gif

ClydeCoulter
02-20-2013, 01:09 PM
"Set you phaser on STUN, damnit"

The producers of these tasers need to lower the output or pulse it at a lower rate, NOW! RECALL!

VoluntaryAmerican
02-20-2013, 01:21 PM
I swear I've seen this video on these forums before...

I remember my comment was like, "fat cop too slow to chase her." or something.

Or maybe just deja vu... I've seen one too many of these same situations.

This is a sad story, I hope she recovers.

green73
02-20-2013, 01:25 PM
This video was shown and discussed widely on this forum and around the net over a year ago.

I'm having a shit day. First a dupe thread and now this. At least I'm not the only one seeing it for the first time.

libertyjam
02-20-2013, 01:25 PM
I swear I've seen this video on these forums before...

I remember my comment was like, "fat cop too slow to chase her." or something.

Or maybe just deja vu... I've seen one too many of these same situations.

This is a sad story, I hope she recovers.

Nope, it is the exact same video as before reloaded on someone's tube account with a fresh date and no attributions to the original.

libertyjam
02-20-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm having a shit day. First a dupe thread and now this. At least I'm not the only one seeing it for the first time.

That's OK, have a +rep

phill4paul
02-20-2013, 01:28 PM

I don't have a problem with it. Too many things go down the memory hole. It's good to revisit them.

<You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to green73 again.>

VBRonPaulFan
02-20-2013, 01:28 PM
when the shit hits the fan, these guys are not gonna be popular - AT ALL. we're all sick of this kind of bullshit.

ClydeCoulter
02-20-2013, 01:33 PM
when the shit hits the fan, these guys are not gonna be popular - AT ALL. we're all sick of this kind of bullshit.

Exactly, so IF you have a good sheriff or deputies, IF the SHTF you will need to surround them with support. Just sayin'

kcchiefs6465
02-20-2013, 01:33 PM
No worries. I'm sure a lot of people missed this the first time around. I wish you wouldn't have posted it as this case pisses me off everytime I see it but more people should know about it. +rep for the refresh.

ETA: Spoke too soon/ Must spread some rep around.
I'll get back to this thread later.

Brian4Liberty
02-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Reckless gross negligence. He should be fired.

Brian4Liberty
02-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Lol, at the guy in the video. He bemoans that the facts are always wrong in the US, and then he keeps saying that Oscar Grant was shot in the head. Grant was shot in the back, not the head.

AGRP
02-20-2013, 01:49 PM
There could be less collective cop bashing and more personal accountability. As some always point out, its collectivism. Everyone knows the system is broken, yet the individual offenders seem to be ignored with the general bashing. His name is Daniel Cole.

Philhelm
02-20-2013, 06:38 PM

There is no statute of limitation on evil.

Philhelm
02-20-2013, 06:42 PM
There could be less collective cop bashing and more personal accountability. As some always point out, its collectivism. Everyone knows the system is broken, yet the individual offenders seem to be ignored with the general bashing. His name is Daniel Cole.

That's fair, but the problem is that there rarely ever seems to be any accountability for the individuals, which in turn tarnishes the entire organization. If the organization would ruthlessly crush the corruption and criminality of its individuals, then that would bode well for the organization.

In other words, I don't believe that every cop is evil, but I do believe that the way in which police are managed and utilized is evil. If they can't police themselves, then I have no use for them.

GunnyFreedom
02-20-2013, 06:42 PM
There is no statute of limitation on evil.

THAT'S gonna get repeated a lot at the Bema seat...

GunnyFreedom
02-20-2013, 06:46 PM
That's fair, but the problem is that there rarely ever seems to be any accountability for the individuals, which in turn tarnishes the entire organization. If the organization would ruthlessly crush the corruption and criminality of its individuals, then that would bode well for the organization.

In other words, I don't believe that every cop is evil, but I do believe that the way in which police are managed and utilized is evil. If they can't police themselves, then I have no use for them.

Agree - if they don't want people to consider them evil, then they need to stop tolerating murder, torture, cruel and unusual punishment, and various violations of the Constitution. Those who stand up are true heroes, but they never last because the system rejects and ejects them. The rest who just turn a blind eye while their peers perform summary executions are nearly as to blame as the guy who pulled the trigger.

kcchiefs6465
02-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Agree - if they don't want people to consider them evil, then they need to stop tolerating murder, torture, cruel and unusual punishment, and various violations of the Constitution. Those who stand up are true heroes, but they never last because the system rejects and ejects them. The rest who just turn a blind eye while their peers perform summary executions are nearly as to blame as the guy who pulled the trigger.
I would say as much to blame or more to blame. They permit the atrocities to occur. (by way of their silence and cowardice) The system is inherently evil. Of course, like you, I understand that some are good hearted. Yet they are too afraid to speak up about the things that go on. A good hearted coward does me no good. They may apologize for what their fellow officers did, or may even admit man to man that they know the officer was in the wrong but that's about it. They are playing the game and are judged as such. Not to mention that they do not serve our interest. They serve the State.

All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

A lot of this was directed towards AGRP and his 'collectivist' post.. I just wanted to add my opinion to your statement of they aren't as much to blame. Another point I'd make is that in many states when someone dies during the commission of a felony, any participant is charged the same. [Getaway drivers and anyone having anything whatsoever to do with it are charged with murder] They feel that all participants are equally to blame should a man be killed in the process of the crime, so I don't feel I am too out of line for feeling about the same way. [Though I do see the difference]

Occam's Banana
02-20-2013, 07:05 PM

Was going to reply to Phil's post with the same sentiments. Could not have said it better.

This is why (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?372419-NY-The-only-way-a-cop-can-get-fired-stop-other-cops-from-beating-an-innocent-man) ... there are (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?374256-This-is-what-happens-to-good-cops) ... so few (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?391019-Regina-Tasca-update-via-Will-Grigg) ... good cops (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?391391-Why-there-are-no-quot-good-cops-quot).

heavenlyboy34
02-20-2013, 07:07 PM
It's stereotyping, not collectivism. It's an important distinction. Google it.

AGRP
02-20-2013, 07:12 PM
You have no idea if there are "awakened" cops out there who read this forum on a regular basis and feel bad about what they do. You dont know if they go along to get along, but make up for it by turning a blind eye at things they could easily arrest and harass people over. There have been many times that I have seen cops ignore things when I was expecting them to do something. Yes, its very entertaining to watch americas biggest gang, but remember that it comes down to the individual who takes action. In this case, his name was Daniel Cole and very rarely are their personal names and faces ever posted.

Occam's Banana
02-20-2013, 07:38 PM
You have no idea if there are "awakened" cops out there who read this forum on a regular basis and feel bad about what they do.

If being "awakened" means nothing more than merely "feeling bad about what they do" then they may as well just "go back to sleep" for all the difference it makes.

You dont know if they go along to get along, but make up for it by turning a blind eye at things they could easily arrest and harass people over. There have been many times that I have seen cops ignore things when I was expecting them to do something.

So let me get this straight ... these "blind eye" cops are supposed to be excused from "going along to get along" (and thereby enabling & empowering bad cops who don't "turn a blind eye")?

And they're supposed to be given this pass merely because they don't do things that they shouldn't do anyway?

I'm sorry, but to hell with that. Genuinely good cops like Regina Tasca deserve better than that kind of mealy-mouthed bullshit.

Henry Rogue
02-20-2013, 07:43 PM
One of many.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?405013-DHS-Supplier-Provides-Shooting-Targets-of-American-Gun-Owners
Enforcement is out of control in this country and there are reasons why.

LibForestPaul
02-20-2013, 07:52 PM
If being "awakened" means nothing more than merely "feeling bad about what they do" then they may as well just "go back to sleep" for all the difference it makes.

So let me get this straight ... these "blind eye" cops are supposed to be excused from "going along to get along" (and thereby enabling & empowering bad cops who don't "turn a blind eye")?

And they're supposed to be given this pass merely because they don't do things that they shouldn't do anyway?

I'm sorry, but to hell with that. Genuinely good cops like Regina Tasca deserve better than that kind of mealy-mouthed bullshit.

It's never bad to have some on the inside. Imagine if the bomb against Hitler and his cronies had succeeded.

otherone
02-20-2013, 07:54 PM
lol....not every Gestapo agent is evil....It's the bad ones who ruin it for everyone else...

GunnyFreedom
02-20-2013, 08:13 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/florida.gif

OK, now I've seen this gif all over the place. It went wild when that guy tried eating some dude's face. I've also seen the 30second youtube clip. But I've been desperately curious to learn WHY Bugs was sawing florida off onto the ocean So I searched up the original toon...

http://www.supercartoons.net/cartoon/749/rebel-rabbit.html

Turns out he was just doing it to be intentionally obnoxious....

AGRP
02-20-2013, 08:18 PM

What would you like to have happen? Tell the conscientious cops to leave so a Dan Cole take their place? As horrible as the Nazis were, Im willing to bet there were a few spared lives due to conscientious people in uniforms who saw through the crap.

GunnyFreedom
02-20-2013, 08:31 PM
What would you like to have happen? Tell the conscientious cops to leave so a Dan Cole take their place? As horrible as the Nazis were, Im willing to bet there were a few spared lives due to conscientious people in uniforms who saw through the crap.

If the good folk of Germany had stood up and said "no" when all of that was starting, there probably wouldn't have been such horribleness in the first place.

Your point is not lost on me, I am a big fan of Oskar Schindler. But it's because of jackasses that saw evil growing and said/did nothing when it was relatively easy that men like Schindler became necessary.

NOW, while you can actually DO something without getting a bullet in the head is when they should be opposing it.

SOON, when it's all Nazi-like here for real, it will be too late.

All my life I wondered why in the hell nobody stood up in 1930's Germany when all this was starting and it could have been stopped without real bloodshed.

Now I look around my beloved America, and I understand.

AGRP
02-20-2013, 08:44 PM
If the good folk of Germany had stood up and said "no" when all of that was starting, there probably wouldn't have been such horribleness in the first place.

Your point is not lost on me, I am a big fan of Oskar Schindler. But it's because of jackasses that saw evil growing and said/did nothing when it was relatively easy that men like Schindler became necessary.

NOW, while you can actually DO something without getting a bullet in the head is when they should be opposing it.

All my life I wondered why in the hell nobody stood up in 1930's Germany when all this was starting and it could have been stopped without real bloodshed.

I dont have a point. Its reality. Outspoken "good" cops get kicked out.

Carson
02-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Looks like her head hit hard.

Looked dead after the sound of the melon splat.

P.S. I went back and watched future. I'm surprised she ever came too.

Lets not forget she had something to do with what happened by not staying put. Not that I would want to take her right to try it away from her.

GunnyFreedom
02-20-2013, 08:51 PM
I dont have a point. Its reality. Outspoken "good" cops get kicked out.

I would never...NEVER just resign myself to the coming of tyranny when I can still at least try to stop it without getting killed. WTF is a job worth when conforming means failing to resist a holocaust? Some comfort it will be that "at least I didn't get kicked out" when the death squads are executing folk in their driveways.

This is how evil triumphs, when good men say nothing.

If evil triumphs, it will be over my dead body.

Which IMHO is worth a helluva lot more than a damn job.

Carson
02-20-2013, 09:03 PM
OK, now I've seen this gif all over the place. It went wild when that guy tried eating some dude's face. I've also seen the 30second youtube clip. But I've been desperately curious to learn WHY Bugs was sawing florida off onto the ocean So I searched up the original toon...

http://www.supercartoons.net/cartoon/749/rebel-rabbit.html

Turns out he was just doing it to be intentionally obnoxious....

You were looking for some sense in our old cartoons???

I think I tried that once. Never really could figure out the point of them all...but I still watched.

Mani
02-20-2013, 09:14 PM
This video somehow reminded me of mice and men......girl drops and splits her head open, her brains falling out.....and big cop Kneels next to her in a soft voice......wake up....wake up...

Dude u split her head open and now ur talking to her sweetly? Nice bunny, soft bunny.....

Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction......

acptulsa
02-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Defibulators and the machines that administered the old shock treatments were considered so dangerous that only doctors were allowed to touch them. And now they give the same crap to cops. And then are surprised when cops kill people with them. What part of this was so hard to foresee?

Did someone put stupid powder in everyone's soup?

Anti Federalist
02-20-2013, 09:21 PM
You have no idea if there are "awakened" cops out there who read this forum on a regular basis and feel bad about what they do. You dont know if they go along to get along, but make up for it by turning a blind eye at things they could easily arrest and harass people over. There have been many times that I have seen cops ignore things when I was expecting them to do something. Yes, its very entertaining to watch americas biggest gang, but remember that it comes down to the individual who takes action. In this case, his name was Daniel Cole and very rarely are their personal names and faces ever posted.

I'm all for it, posting names and faces and so on.

Too often, those are kept hidden and redacted by the system.

But our mug shot and name and address is all over the webz the minute we get booked.

acptulsa
02-20-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm all for it, posting names and faces and so on.

Too often, those are kept hidden and redacted by the system.

But our mug shot and name and address is all over the webz the minute we get booked.

Truth.

And it's more than just the web. There's a local rag sold at convenience stores full of the latest mug shots. The title is something like, 'Guess who's in jail now?' And people pay for it.

I don't know if the fact that the 'system' releases this information is more discouraging, or the fact that so many people care. But it certainly looks like a step toward Running Man to me. Jurisprudence as Reality Television, or a game show. Disgusting.

Anti Federalist
02-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Owe you and HB34 a rep.

Occam's Banana
02-20-2013, 09:28 PM
What would you like to have happen? Tell the conscientious cops to leave so a Dan Cole take their place?

Leave, stay, - what difference does it make if they're not going to do anything?

Either way - leave or stay - if they aren't going to do anything, then the Dan Coles are going to keep doing what the Dan Coles do - so what does it matter?

I repeat: why should we give them a pass merely because they don't do things that they shouldn't do anyway?

Not doing things that shouldn't be done ought to be expected of everyone - by default (whether they are cops or not).

(IOW: You don't score any points - or deserve any extra credit - just becasue you're not a vicious brute or a thuggish bully.)

As for what I would like to happen - I would like these (allegedly) "good" or "conscientious" cops who just "go along to get along" to grow some balls and stop going along.

As horrible as the Nazis were, Im willing to bet there were a few spared lives due to conscientious people in uniforms who saw through the crap.

So are you going to accuse people of being "collectivists" when they categorically condemn Nazis & Nazism?

Because that's what you're doing when it comes to condemning cops. You can't have it both ways.

Gunny mentioned Oskar Schindler. Schindler was a genuinely "good" Nazi because he actually did something about it when he saw evil being done.

Likewise, Regina Tasca was a genuinely "good" cop because she actually did something about it when she saw evil being done.

But just "going along to get along" (and refusing to participate in beat-downs and such when opportunities to do so arise - because you would "feel bad" about it) does NOT deserve any praise or pats on the head.

Cops who "look the other way" at the vile & reprehensible actions of their fellow cops are part of the problem.

That they do not themselves actively do those vile & reprehensible things does not change this fact.

Of what possible use is their "conscientiousness" if they never do anything about it?

ETA: John Rabe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rabe) was another genuinely "good" Nazi. And Frank Serpico (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Serpico) was another genuinely "good" cop.

green73
02-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Owe you and HB34 a rep.

What about Banana? I owe him about ten.

kcchiefs6465
02-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Truth.

And it's more than just the web. There's a local rag sold at convenience stores full of the latest mug shots. The title is something like, 'Guess who's in jail now?' And people pay for it.

I don't know if the fact that the 'system' releases this information is more discouraging, or the fact that so many people care. But it certainly looks like a step toward Running Man to me. Jurisprudence as Reality Television, or a game show. Disgusting.
'Busted.'

It is sad that so many people use their monthly magazine to see who they know that's now in jail.

I would probably discourage you more if I went on into any further detail.

ETA: Shows how sick our society has become. Joke about/brag who knows the most people locked up that month.. rather then even attempt to question the crimes they were locked up for. [mainly non-violent, victimless crimes] Their brains do mental gymnastics of avoiding it completely... until they are in the same papers next month. The shit I've seen really can make a pessimist of those who believed things would change. My record is five by the way, though on average I know a few each issue. Not many get in there for anything worse than a 'driving under suspension' or 'drug abuse.'

presence
02-20-2013, 10:04 PM
What were you thinking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV5HikwtZuk
I can't get up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrDox4wYBlQ
Are you stupid?

green73
02-20-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm physically ill now.

kcchiefs6465
02-20-2013, 10:12 PM
What were you thinking?

I can't get up.

Are you stupid?
Some shit stays with you and this is one of them. My head and heart hurts for this world.

presence
02-20-2013, 10:13 PM
http://www.movingtowardspeace.com/storage/blog-images/burning-sage.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1266942635280

Origanalist
02-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Fuck :mad:

Origanalist
02-20-2013, 10:38 PM
I don't think I was here when this was posted the first time. This is a particularly bad episode in a never ending parade of bad episodes of police brutalizing and murdering people. I'm like green 73 and just plain sick after watching that. If that was my daughter, I don't think that, well, several terms come to mind but, I don't think he would still be above room temperature.

green73
02-20-2013, 10:40 PM
All this shit; are we just being conditioned? I mean, I see dog killing stories so often now that I just glance over them. I read all the stories about the drone bombings and I'm so jaded now that I just glance through the story if less than 20 civilians are killed. I've changed so much in five years.

Origanalist
02-20-2013, 10:52 PM
All this shit; are we just being conditioned? I mean, I see dog killing stories so often now that I just glance over them. I read all the stories about the drone bombings and I'm so jaded now that I just glance through the story if less than 20 civilians are killed. I've changed so much in five years.

I know what you mean. You seem to get numb after a while, then a story comes along that brings it all crashing down on you again.

green73
02-20-2013, 11:01 PM
I know what you mean. You seem to get numb after a while, then a story comes along that brings it all crashing down on you again.

This is how they are winning. Things that used to be so outrageous become commonplace.

tod evans
02-21-2013, 06:55 AM
It's very difficult not to look at cops as a group when they act in concert..

It's just as difficult for me not to view every member of the "Just-Us" department as part of that group..

If and when members of that group start acting independently and standing up for what's right, then and only then, will I be able to make exceptions...

Any sane man who had turned that young woman into a vegetable wouldn't be able to live with himself, and any sane supervisor of a man who committed an atrocity of this magnitude would levy charges...

presence
02-21-2013, 08:33 AM
I had trouble sleeping after that one.

I might have to keep police brutality before lunch from now on.

MelissaCato
02-21-2013, 10:45 AM
That girl slammed her head on the concrete. That hurt my head just watching it.

Gezzzuz like that cop couldn't have just grabbed her .. phuckin lazy !!!

MelissaCato
02-21-2013, 10:55 AM
What were you thinking?

I can't get up.

Are you stupid?

OMG !! How do these police sleep at night !!!!

presence
02-21-2013, 10:58 AM
That girl slammed her head on the concrete. That hurt my head just watching it.

Gezzzuz like that cop couldn't have just grabbed her .. phuckin lazy !!!

Perhaps just help her sit up and offer an instant ice pack from the cruiser medical kit to ease immediate bleeding into the brain?

nah... ORDER her to lay down; scrambled brains cooking on Florida-September hot pavement.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TQG6uZ0aSJI/TjQCIlh89rI/AAAAAAAAAG0/JcuXawUiSYc/s1600/fried-egg.jpg

Dreaming of more blood porn?

noneedtoaggress
02-21-2013, 11:54 AM

Can't speak for anyone in particular, but Nazi's and the like would blame the victims for putting them in such "rough" positions where they would have to see and participate in such disturbing events.

"Are you stupid?"

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to bed thinking "I can't believe that dumb-ass girl made me taze her today."

AGRP
02-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Leave, stay, - what difference does it make if they're not going to do anything?

Either way - leave or stay - if they aren't going to do anything, then the Dan Coles are going to keep doing what the Dan Coles do - so what does it matter?

I repeat: why should we give them a pass merely because they don't do things that they shouldn't do anyway?

Not doing things that shouldn't be done ought to be expected of everyone - by default (whether they are cops or not).

(IOW: You don't score any points - or deserve any extra credit - just becasue you're not a vicious brute or a thuggish bully.)

As for what I would like to happen - I would like these (allegedly) "good" or "conscientious" cops who just "go along to get along" to grow some balls and stop going along.

So are you going to accuse people of being "collectivists" when they categorically condemn Nazis & Nazism?

Because that's what you're doing when it comes to condemning cops. You can't have it both ways.

Gunny mentioned Oskar Schindler. Schindler was a genuinely "good" Nazi because he actually did something about it when he saw evil being done.

Likewise, Regina Tasca was a genuinely "good" cop because she actually did something about it when she saw evil being done.

But just "going along to get along" (and refusing to participate in beat-downs and such when opportunities to do so arise - because you would "feel bad" about it) does NOT deserve any praise or pats on the head.

Cops who "look the other way" at the vile & reprehensible actions of their fellow cops are part of the problem.

That they do not themselves actively do those vile & reprehensible things does not change this fact.

Of what possible use is their "conscientiousness" if they never do anything about it?

ETA: John Rabe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rabe) was another genuinely "good" Nazi. And Frank Serpico (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Serpico) was another genuinely "good" cop.

Im not saying cops shouldnt step forward. Just remember the situation they are in and that cops are individuals despite the "just-us" system. 99% of the topics about cops here completely ignores the individual names and pictures of cops. To equate an in shape cop who uses reasonable force with a 300 lb Dan Cole who resorts to tasing so they dont have to run is a bit much.

Occam's Banana
02-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Im not saying cops shouldnt step forward. Just remember the situation they are in and that cops are individuals despite the "just-us" system.

The situation they are in? The situation they are in? Good Lord!

What about the situation the poor woman in the OP is in?

What about the situation that all victims of police corruption and brutality are in?

Here is the situation cops are in - any cop can fall into one of three categories:
(1) cops who break the rules, break the law, behave like bullies and thugs, etc.
(2) cops who don't break the rules - but who do nothing about the cops who do.
(3) cops who don't break the rules - and who do something about the cops who do.

Cops who fall into category (1) are, of course, "bad" cops. 'Nuff said there, I think.

Cops who fall into category (2) are merely (and at best) "neutral" cops. They are not "good" cops. They are just ballast or dead-weight. They provide the (massive) inertia that prevents any sort of real or substantive change in the (rapidly) deteriorating "law enforcement community" as it exists today. The whole purpose of cops is supposed to be to "enforce the rules." Any cop who enforces the rules on "the rest of us" but who does not enforce the rules on other cops is not a "good" cop. He is, in fact, a hypocrite - regardless of the fact that he himself does not "break the rules" like the "bad" cops do.

Cops who fall into category (3) are the only genuinely "good" cops. They are the only cops deserving of praise as cops.

Cops who fall into categories (1) and (2) are not "good" cops. They all deserve to be criticized and condemned as cops.

Now of course, category (2) cops may do things deserving of praise (such as saving someone's life or some such thing). Even category (1) cops may do praiseworthy things, sometimes. But they do not deserve to be praised for doing those things as cops. After all, anyone who does such things deserves to be praised for it (regardless of whether they are cops or not). In such situations, being a cop (or not) has nothing to do with it.

99% of the topics about cops here completely ignores the individual names and pictures of cops.

Such generalizations are entirely appropriate - whatever the degree (50%, 75%, 99%, or even 100%).

That is because restricting ourselves to addressing "individual names and pictures" is in no way sufficient to confront the nature and root causes of the problem.

All these "individual names and pictures" are no more than particular illustrations and manisfestations of the real problem.

Approaching things on an "individual names and pictures" basis would be like trying to clear the roads of snow during a snowstorm by removing one snowflake at a time.

Or - to use a more familiar metaphor - it would be like ignoring the forest while focusing on individual trees.

It is the forest (or the snowstorm) that is the problem - not this or that particular tree (or snowflake).

The problem is a systemic one, and it goes far beyond and much deeper than the particular actions of individual actors.

The problem is the whole "cop culture" involving corruption, excessive force, extra-judicial exonerations (of what would be serious crimes if you or I did them), and so forth.

It is worth noting in this context that the parallels between cops and criminal gangs (such as the Mafia) are many and striking.

They both employ a "code of "silence", they both operate under a set of rules that allow them to do things to "us" that "we" are not allowed to do to anyone at all (without being severely punished), etc., etc., etc.

Are condemnations of the Mafia to be made solely on the basis of what this or that particular "button man" does?

I think not. The dirty deeds of the "button man" are symptomatic of a much larger problem.

That larger problem is what makes the "button man" possible in the first place.

And exactly the same thing goes for the situation with cops - and for the same reasons.

To equate an in shape cop who uses reasonable force with a 300 lb Dan Cole who resorts to tasing so they dont have to run is a bit much.

(I do not understand what the weight of a cop - or whether a cop is "in shape" - has to do with anything. :confused:)

As noted above, it is not sufficient that cops merely restrict themselves to using "reasonable force" (however defined). More is required.

Any "reaonable force" cops who allow "unreasonable force" cops to do what they do with impunity are every bit as much a part of the problem as the "unreasonable force" cops themselves.

It is the "reasonable force" cops who "go along to get along" that empower and enable the "unreasonable force" cops (by allowing them to "get away with it").

It is the "go along to get along" cops who make it possible for different standards to be applied to "unreasonable" cops (on the one hand) and everyone else (on the other hand - such as you and me).

presence
02-22-2013, 07:03 AM
Here is the situation cops are in - any cop can fall into one of three categories:
(1) cops who break the rules, break the law, behave like bullies and thugs, etc.
(2) cops who don't break the rules - but who do nothing about the cops who do.
(3) cops who don't break the rules - and who do something about the cops who do.

Any "reaonable force" cops
who allow "unreasonable force" cops
to do what they do with impunity
are every bit as much a part of the problem
as the "unreasonable force" cops themselves.

bing!

a) 20%
b) 80%
c) <1%

http://images.firstcovers.com/covers/flash/t/thin_blue_line-193842.jpg

jmdrake
02-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Don't watch if you are squeamish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MjHSoE7d9Yw
http://youtu.be/MjHSoE7d9Yw

Thanks for posting. But I hate the fact that the "expert" PressTV interviewed got his facts wrong. Oscar Grant wasn't shot in the head. He was shot in the back. And the officer in question did in fact go to prison. He was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and got two years. Like most convicts, he didn't spend the entire time in prison, but he did spend more than "a day in jail" in contrast to what the "expert" said. Oscar Grants death was an unspeakable tragedy. But exaggerating the facts helps no one.