PDA

View Full Version : How about a Pro Facebook Thread

Gumba of Liberty
02-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Facebook is completely transparent. There are no secrets. If you know this going into it, why is it a huge problem? There is no requirement to post anything. You can simply sit on the facebook sidelines and watch your friends post. No big deal. Most of the stuff posted is irrelevant but sometimes there are useful pieces of information. Leaders of the liberty movement (Paul, Rockwell, Woods, & Napolitano) are regular posters. Its so easy to get together with old friends from high school or college by just making an event. Do I know the Feds know that we are having a party? Sure. They would know if we talked on our cellphones or e-mail. Really, there aren't many methods of communication they don't track. Is the post office still running? The crisis is going to have to get a lot worse before I start sending my party invitations UPS.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2013, 06:24 PM
How about a Pro Facebook Thread

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31056298.jpg

Spikender
02-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Facebook is terrible. I have outlined it in a few threads before, but I'm too lazy to do it again.

If you like it, that's fine.

Just count me out. I have an account with nothing but my name and a random picture I found online. I go on there once a month to check stuff.

And even then, I know doing that is stupid.

itshappening
02-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Facebook blocks Jon Rappoport’s articles

http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/facebook-blocks-jon-rappoports-articles/

dannno
02-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Obviously the internet and social networking have been of great aid to the liberty movement.

But here's the problem. The CIA/NSA funded Facebook. We know for a fact the enemy essentially owns this particular social network.

But in a sense you are right. I have a facebook account, but I don't post on it. Some people do post on it and there are a lot of liberty oriented groups and people on there. Having a large presence on facebook probably isn't a bad thing, overall. But it probably shouldn't be our primary means of social networking because the enemy owns it. You should probably be very careful what you post, and make sure your friends know to be careful. I've blocked friends on facebook who I feel post irresponsible content that could come back to them or me.

Peace Piper
02-19-2013, 07:26 PM
Facebook is completely transparent. There are no secrets. If you know this going into it, why is it a huge problem? There is no requirement to post anything. You can simply sit on the facebook sidelines and watch your friends post. No big deal. Most of the stuff posted is irrelevant but sometimes there are useful pieces of information. Leaders of the liberty movement (Paul, Rockwell, Woods, & Napolitano) are regular posters. Its so easy to get together with old friends from high school or college by just making an event. Do I know the Feds know that we are having a party? Sure. They would know if we talked on our cellphones or e-mail. Really, there aren't many methods of communication they don't track. Is the post office still running? The crisis is going to have to get a lot worse before I start sending my party invitations UPS.

Everyone should at least know exactly what data is being recorded and saved
http://europe-v-facebook.org/EN/Data_Pool/data_pool.html

Index. These groups of data were disclosed by facebook (click for more details):

00. Target
00. Date Range
-----------------
01. About Me
02. Account End Date
03. Account Status History
04. Address
05. Alternate Name
06. Applications
07. Chat
08. Checkins
09. Connections
10. Credit Cards
11. Currency
12. Current City

13. Date of Birth
14. Education
15. E-Mails
16. Events
17. Family
18. Favourite Quotes
19. Friend Requests
20. Friends
21. Gender
22. Groups
23. Hometown
24. Last Location
25. Linked Accounts
26. Locale
27. Logins

28. Machines
29. Messages
30. Minifeed
31. Name
32. Name Changes
33. Networks
34. Notes
35. Notification Settings
36. Notifications
37. Password
38. Phone Numbers
39. Photos
40. Physical Tokens
41. Pokes
42. Political Views

43. Privacy Settings
44. Profile Blurb
45. Realtime Activities
46. Recent Activities
47. Registration Date
48. Relationship
49. Religious Views
50. Removed Friends
51. Screen Names
52. Shares
53. Status Updates
54. Vanity
55. Wallposts
56. Website
57. Work

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/949/maxschrems.jpg

Remember, all this info is available to any LEO that asks. Anytime. Forever.

angelatc
02-19-2013, 08:10 PM

Yes, if I had any real privacy concerns, I wouldn't be on the internet at all. Facebook is just a piece of the puzzle.

mrsat_98
02-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Hell yeah, facebook sucks less than the TSA.

vita3
02-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Gr8 way to reach a lot of people with alternative news/info. Preaching only to the choir changes zilcho

Peace Piper
02-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Facebook for the Tea Party
Not many there now and no idea what their data retention policy is...
But so far at least you can sign up with a last name initial

http://teapartycommunity.com

How can they get away with ripping off the entire look?

catfeathers
02-19-2013, 09:24 PM
I have a facebook. My cousin apparently deleted hers after I commented on one too many of her pro-Liberal posts. Oh well, maybe we'll make up if she ever shows up to a family reunion.

DamianTV
02-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Facebook is Crack.

I have nothing against people communicating with each other. I do have something against Monitored Communications.

Next problem with Facebook is that you have ZERO control over your data. Your *ahem* privacy settings dont mean a fucking thing when either the Govt, or someone with enough money comes along and offers them money for your data.

What makes it dangerous is how the information is used. If you've ever been read your Miranda Rights (you have the Right to Remain Silent, anything you say can and will be used against you), what happens is that you are being made aware of the Rights you are "allowed" to have, but are expected to not use them. The important part is "... anything you say can and WILL be used against ...", but not FOR you.

Allow me to rewind a bit. Dont talk to Cops. Period. If you use Fedbook, that is your choice, and I will support your Right to make that choice, even if I think it is a fucking stupid and dangerous choice. But using Farcebook, you might as well put a hundred cameras all over your house and broadcast your whole life to everyone on the planet. Again, if that is what you want to do, go right ahead. Of course, if you wanted to stick your one eyed trouser snake in a toaster and turn it on while reciting some Andrew Dice Clay nursery rhymes about Jack Be Nimble is sitting in a hospital bed with a frenchfried dick, video tape the whole incident, and put that up on the world to see, be my guest.

Consider this. The average person commits three felonies per day. Usually unknowingly. At some point, someone is going to come after you for all of those felonies you and I and pretty much everyone else in the USSA has commited. And recording all that shit on Fedbook, you're just doing them a favor. You might as well record yourself planning on commiting a crime, record yourself committing the crime, then just walk into the Police Station, hand over all the evidence you've collected on yourself, continue by committing some Ass Masochism by, again, doing the Cops job for them, taking a Police Baton and shoving it up your Hershey Highway, then tazering yourself. If you could manage all this while in handcuffs, all the better, but odds are you probably wont, so just leave the cuffing part up to the cops. They have to have some work to do in order to get their massive paychecks afforded by violating the Rights of pretty much every citizen they come in contact with.

Farkbook is a Trap. It is crack. They want you to fully surrender to Monitored Communication for Censored Material. They track pretty much every website you to go on the web by means of their "Like" buttons. They know a helluva lot more about you than you are even aware. But once you are made aware that they've got you by the balls for something you've posted, you're screwed.

The disillusionment becomes self revealing once you recognize that FUbook promotes the mentality of Brown Shirts and Snitches by rewarding those that falsely believe the site to be safe with communication with people who really are NOT your friends in real life. Most of your "friends" wouldnt walk two feet to save your life if your testicles were slammed shut in a Bear Trap. But by promoting the idea that you have more friends than you really do is what makes that site Crack. They stroke your ego while brainwashing your mind that someone elses Privacy is something for you to give away.

Friends and Likes = Good, Privacy Bad. Privacy = Terrorizers. Tracking Good.

Something else about farcebook. The more that someone knows about you, the more easily they can manipulate you to do their bidding. You'll probably say "yeah right" and claim your mind to be strong. I call that a crock of shit. You've already given into their greediness. You are supporting selling yourself and get not a fucking thing for it. The only thing you give up is even more control over your life than you had before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCmk7lBJB3M

QuickZ06
02-20-2013, 12:14 AM
You can trouble me for a warm glass of SHUT THE HELL UP!

RickyJ
02-20-2013, 12:21 AM
I guess you don't know about the tracker cookies they leave on your browser. Facebook's initial funding has connections to the CIA. Be careful who you trust, be very careful.

RickyJ
02-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Obviously the internet and social networking have been of great aid to the liberty movement.

But here's the problem. The CIA/NSA funded Facebook. We know for a fact the enemy essentially owns this particular social network.

But in a sense you are right. I have a facebook account, but I don't post on it. Some people do post on it and there are a lot of liberty oriented groups and people on there. Having a large presence on facebook probably isn't a bad thing, overall. But it probably shouldn't be our primary means of social networking because the enemy owns it. You should probably be very careful what you post, and make sure your friends know to be careful. I've blocked friends on facebook who I feel post irresponsible content that could come back to them or me.

I use to be afraid of posting the truth on facebook, not anymore. Life is too short to fear them. Time is running out anyway, we either fight back soon or they will win.

DamianTV
02-20-2013, 02:04 AM
We need to replace Facebook with RonPaulBook.com

Quick! Someone (*hint* Josh...) go register that Domain name!

Anti Federalist
02-20-2013, 02:37 AM
I use to be afraid of posting the truth on facebook, not anymore. Life is too short to fear them. Time is running out anyway, we either fight back soon or they will win.

Exactly right, which is why it would be a shame to have even one freedom fighter rotting away in prison somewhere because of some stupid shit posted on FarceBook with names and pictures and GPS tracking leading right to your front door.

DamianTV
02-20-2013, 03:19 AM
Exactly right, which is why it would be a shame to have even one freedom fighter rotting away in prison somewhere because of some stupid shit posted on FarceBook with names and pictures and GPS tracking leading right to your front door.

Privacy and Anonymity are Essential to Liberty. Without them, we leave ourselves open to Police State Abuses.

Hmm, that sounds familiar.

It is not possible to discuss the truth on Facebook. If a person become a big enough of a threat, they will be dealt with. But on Fedbook, all that other members witness is that guy just isnt making posts any more, and most of the time, they wont even notice. We have so many forum members here that probably not a single person around could tell you if more than a few forum members went "missing". Hell, if AF didnt post, no offense, but I probably wouldnt even notice. Good luck if you are no where nearly as prolific as he is. Farcebook and Forum Friends are not really your friends unless you know them in real life. Most wont even realize you've been gone, dealt with, and swept under the rug.

See, they dont go after people like Alex Joes because he is way too prolific. They go after people like you and me. We are the ones that are dealt with. Alex Jones is discredited at every opportunity, if they are not able to just ignore him. They go after the people that speak the truth and light fires in the minds of others, but arent so prolific that anyone would notice if they went missing. That sounds pretty far fetched, but who is to say that if it did start to happen, would anyone even notice? You can be guaranteed the MSM wont say shit about it. But come right out and post Zeitgeist on Fedbook and just wait for the reports from other BrownCoatBook users to turn your happy ass in. Then you find yourself in jail, for something like having expired prescription medication in your home, or merely accuse you of purposefully falsifying information in order to receive some sort of benefit, or if you are a real threat, slap you with a Domestic Terrorist label, throw you in a cell, keep the key, and throw away the cell.

We dont have Police any more. We have a Gestapo.

Our Gestapo is controlled with the Chains of Obedience. Most are so hopelessly dependant on those that sign their paychecks for those paychecks that they will think nothing of arresting you. Once they've arrested you, they dont really care what happens to you, and expect the "system" to deal with you. Thats where you get lost in the endless sea of Red Tape. You are silenced, and no longer considered a threat.

People dont get out of jail and go right back to farcebook claiming they've been imprisoned for openly criticizing our government. The ILLUSION has to be maintained, and that ILLUSION extends itself to the person being silenced. The way they will do this is to NOT charge you with the crime of openly criticizing the government for being obedient to a small group of dominant men instead of by the concent of the goverend. You get charged with Tax Evasion. You get charged with Unpaid Parking Tickets, smoking pot without a license, getting pregnant without a license, doing something that has absolutely nothing to do with the real crime, thus, you think you'll think that your crime was something else. The effect of silencing you is the same, regardless of what you are charged with. Most people buy into this illusion, and thus, dont go on rants about it.

RT's Adam Kokesh brutally arrested for dancing at Jefferson Memorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWeF6lwg4aY

When the shit finally does hit the fan, do you not think the powers that be will to do anything short of silence each and every advocate of Liberty? Look around. Do you think shit is getting better, or worse? What do you think DHS is planning on doing with 20 billion rounds of ammunition? Why do you think our Military Leaders are being criticized for openly refusing to open fire on American Citizens? Why do we continue to hear report after report that the Govt is preparing massive civil unrest and riots? Why are our Gestapo Police so heavily militarized? Still think shit is getting better? Now, who do you think they are gonna use those 20 billion rounds of ammo on, your typical Faux News mindless sheep consumer, or anyone who has so much as uttered the word Constitution or Liberty in the last six months on TraitorBook?

RickyJ
02-20-2013, 03:21 AM

That's true, but we need more fighters to win. The signers of the Declaration of Independence new the risks they were taking, but if they hadn't of done it they might not have been able to rally the colonists to fight the British.

DamianTV
02-20-2013, 03:28 AM
The Founding Fathers never would have allowed a company like Facebook to become the monstrosity that it is today. If they had any idea about what its true nature is, they would have done everything in their power to prevent its very existence.

Farcebook is NOT a tool to freely communicate.

Fedbook IS a tool to Monitor Communication.

They WANT you to talk Anti Govt talk on Fedbook so they know who you are, and can do something about you when the shit finally does hit the fan.

RickyJ
02-20-2013, 03:40 AM
The Founding Fathers never would have allowed a company like Facebook to become the monstrosity that it is today. If they had any idea about what its true nature is, they would have done everything in their power to prevent its very existence.

They WANT you to talk Anti Govt talk on Fedbook so they know who you are, and can do something about you when the shit finally does hit the fan.

I know they do, but the same technology they are using against people can be used against them by speaking to people that you could never reach otherwise. Look what happened in Egypt. Facebook posts got that protest going and you saw the end result, they got rid of their dictator. They want you to fear them so you don't spread the word. If everyone does that then we will never have a revolution and we will all just keep fearing them and staying quiet. I can't live that way. Everyone is going to die, I would rather die trying to spark that revolution than to die of old age or cancer and never doing a thing to get rid of them.

BuddyRey
02-20-2013, 05:25 AM
By all means, use Facebook. But ONLY if you're good at coming up with believable pseudonyms/fake names. I use FB all the time, but never without the benefit of an alias.

GunnyFreedom
02-20-2013, 08:07 AM
I use fb all the time under my real name, but I use it specifically for political outreach and education. About the only thing I can say good about fb is that if you KNOW what they are doing with it then you know what sort of stuff not to post. You know, like petting a Manatee. ;)

I just pretend that whenever fb is open on my computer that agents from the FBI and the DHS are in the room with me just a couple feet away.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-20-2013, 08:17 AM

Yep. And it leads others to be less afraid of the same.

They already know exactly who I am. I've been talking the same shit for years. I'm pretty certain your post history here and elsewhere are archived, unless you're taking steps to prevent it. And unless you're extremely careful, it's also databased with your name, address, etc, etc.

Jackie Moon
02-20-2013, 08:25 AM
By all means, use Facebook. But ONLY if you're good at coming up with believable pseudonyms/fake names. I use FB all the time, but never without the benefit of an alias.

Me too. I made an account just for Ron Paul/Liberty related stuff with a fake name and don't post any personal info.

I always avoided Facebook because I didn't care about seeing updates on what random people I went to school were having for lunch.

But I have to say now that it can be a great tool for us. The Facebook group for the local Ron Paul/Liberty group is how we were able to communicate during the election about meetings, sign waves, canvassing, conventions etc. And it keeps those people in contact during the down time right now so that it won't need to be fully rebuilt come 2014.

Also, it's a great way for our guys like Ron, Rand and Amash to reach people directly without having to go through the media. Being able to communicate to 100's of thousands of subscribers instantly and for free is powerful.

And it's a way to get the message spread to people that would have never heard it otherwise. When someone likes, comments, or shares something and it's shown to their friends, that's free advertising. Just as a lot of people got their start watching Ron on YouTube, I'm sure that many have been reached as a result of their friend posting a Ron Paul video or quote or article.

It can be as simple as that one thing on their news feed that sparks someone's interest and gets them digging deeper to learn more.

GunnyFreedom
02-20-2013, 08:29 AM
LOL yeah, if I'm not on the list yet then I'm doing it wrong. Also, it'd be more difficult to 'disappear' me than some others. I would be quite obviously missed. Doesn't mean I can't be set up and discredited though.

Romulus
02-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Didn't hoping on Facebook save Ryan Lanza's brother? The media was blaming him for the murders, showing his facebook page, saying his GF was missing... he jumped on right away...that could have saved his life?

FB is tool... use it wisely.